Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 13 Directory (Tell us a bit about yourself!)
Hello; Just Another Introduction

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RapscalliantJackalope

Dapper Noob

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:04 am
Hi!

I'm brand new to Gaia and relatively new to RPing. I write fanfiction and some original fiction, but I have trouble coming up with plots for my characters and worlds. I'd love to improve my writing skills, so that's why I'm here. I have very little experience with RP in forums, so I'll welcome constructive criticism (honest!)

I'm a fan of Doctor Who, G.I. Joe, Transformers, Assassin's Creed, Discworld, Disney movies and the like, Sherlock, Star Trek, Star Wars, Merlin, MLP, in roughly descending order. I know next to nothing about anime.
In my original stories I tend to write about zombies, fantasy quests, steampunk voyages, and historically inaccurate depictions of the American Revolution and Feudal Japan (that means lots of ninjas.)
I like adventure worlds with just a bit of romance, especially fantasy and steampunk settings. I'll play either gender.

I'm currently looking for RP's to join, so feel free to suggest one here or invite me by PM.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:37 pm
RapscalliantJackalope

Howdy!

If you want feedback on your writing you can drop it in our Feedback thread or you can join the Academy to get help on your RP skillz.

If you're just looking for an RP to join though you might like this one:

Elsewhere: In the Land of Lost Things - Mixed Level | Open/Accepting | Eclectic Fantasy/Sci-fi
Elsewhere is a story about getting lost and finding Destiny but mostly it's a character showcase where you can revive your favorite characters from past RPs and put them into play again. The setting is an eclectic fantasy/steampunk/sci-fi universe with genre bending tendencies where lost things randomly drop in from anywhere and anywhen. The plot is what you make of it with opportunities to get into trouble and chase down intrigue or just hang out with friends and have fun.

This RP has an advanced level of set up run by a very experienced GM with detailed characters and setting but has a relaxed style with separate scenes and character roles to allow players of any level to participate and enjoy this amazing world. It's trying to get back on its feet but will likely have a moderate pace with postings every few days. You can make a new character or check the inactive list to adopt an old one.  

Ivaylo_Sai

RapscalliantJackalope

Dapper Noob

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:27 pm
Ooh, that sounds interesting. I'll definitely check it out. Thanks!
Right after I obsessively refresh the tutoring academy threads every five minutes. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:37 pm
Hi! Welcome to the guild. I see you've joined the SDRP Academy class run by Vay (he makes a great teacher). Good luck and I hope you'll see it to the end!  

Watervoir
Vice Captain

Dangerous Glitch

13 Directory (Tell us a bit about yourself!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games