Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands - Overflow Storage I [IC]
[PRP] Wandering Aimless (Melodiah x Rani)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Henry_kunz

Friendly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:05 pm
User Image

Again, how could she be lost...again?! After chasing a butterfly like a cub she'd gotten turned around and now had lost any trace of the resting place found earlier in the day. How she had managed to stay alive this long was beyond her. The butterfly long gone Melodiah now heads forward toward a pleasant clearing nearby, fresh water to drink and a bit of shade.

Padding over quickly she dips her head lapping up a bit eagerly at the cooling liquid. It'd been too long since her last drink, this was a blessing in her eyes. Now giving a stretch she tries to watch around and be on guard, squinting slightly.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:10 pm
User Image

This pregnancy was different than the last, Rani was more frightened than she was with the last litter. Last time she continued with her rigorous training regiment until the father had to force her to stay in her pride lines and away from waterfalls or sharp rocks. This time, there was no such supervision required or really available as she had no recollection which pride the father was even from; spur of the moment and all there wasn't too much talking. In reality, she was lucky to even remember his name! As the cubs were far from being due, Rani saw no harm in taking daily constitutionals. As the leader of a band of thieves, it was up to her to make sure they were always operating on relevant information after all.

On this particular day, the black spry lioness was lounging on a large, flat tanning rock when she heard the romping of another. Her head jolted up, fearing there was a predator approaching or some creature more ferocious than herself. As of this moment, her worst fear was of loosing her unborn litter.

As the lioness was not too near, she called out. "Good afternoon, there!" From this distance she would surely able to get away in time if the response wasn't favorable.

Henry_kunz

Conrad The Mighty

Anxious Smoker

2,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Partygoer 500

Henry_kunz

Friendly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:03 pm
Conrad The Mighty

The water had indeed cooled her down along with the lovely shade of the tree the lioness now sits under on her rump. A bit lost in thought, a common occurence with her active mind, Melodiah lets out a startled yelp as someone calls out to her, scared to the point of jumping up only to trip over her tail paws flailing. A splash is heard as the clumsy startled lioness falls in, quite the comical sight...especially as her head pops from beneath the cool liquid, fur matted down and dim eyes wide as sauce pans.

It was very clear she hadn't expected company, it'd been so long since she'd even seen another around the roguelands let alone a talkative one! If she needed to escape she could, so for now she calls back, her voice soft and shy. "H...hello..there..."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:43 pm
Henry_kunz
Sorry this took so long, I haven't been able to string together a sentence lately.

Without a second thought, Rani chortled, which slowly rolled into full blown laughter. It wasn't until she was whiping a tear from her eye that she realized she may have been a little rude. Recovering from the laughter, the black lioness stood, stretched and started walking over near the splash.

"Oh my dear, thank you. I really needed a good laugh. Are you alright there sweetheart?" There wasn't a formal bone in Rani's toned body, so naturally she gave everyone a 'pet name' before she learned their given names. Even her own children had nicknames before they were saddled with 'real' ones. The best example was her only son, quite a big boy she still called 'Little Love'.

"I do mean you no more harm than you seem to mean yourself. I'm Rani of the Gypsy pride Kizingo'Zaa." Wether the lioness would give her name or not was going to be her decision, such things were rude to ask.

Conrad The Mighty

Anxious Smoker

2,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Partygoer 500

Henry_kunz

Friendly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 3:42 am
Conrad The Mighty
Sorry as well, rl kicking in but I'm replying to all rps as I can!

Seeing the lioness laugh calms her rather than upsetting her, paddling to the edge where she pulls herself back up onto dry land. Shaking herself a bit the floral lioness then proceeds to lick at her paws and try to fix the fur of her head. "O..oh...I'm ok. My eyesight isn't that good, I'm nearly blind in my left eye so I'm...very easily startled. I'm happy you got a laugh from it!"

Offering a warm smile she continues trying to dry herself a bit, head canting. Nobody had ever called her something so sweet, a slight blush darkening her cheeks. "S...sweetheart? I...I like that...a lot. My name is Melodiah...b..but you can just call me Mels, Melody...o..or...Sweetheart if you want. It's sweet that you'd give me a nickname...It is a pleasure to meet you..."

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 1:36 pm
Henry_kunz

Rani watched the lioness come back to shore and regain her composure. She was a beautiful female surely, but this particular female was only attracted to males in a sexual manner of speaking. However every creature on this earth has the right to be loved in whatever manner they so desire.

"Melody, is such a sweet name, dear Sweetheart. I believe they both suit you well. Blind in one eye? That might be a blessing! To always be surprised is as much a gift as it is to be a curse. It should be quite easy to throw you a surprise party or something of the likes." She chuckled, trying to bright light to an otherwise dark subject.

"Are you a member of a pride? I would imagine it would make life a lot safer for you. Not that such a hearty lioness could not defend herself, I'm sure."

Conrad The Mighty

Anxious Smoker

2,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Partygoer 500

Henry_kunz

Friendly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 2:57 pm
Conrad The Mighty

Blinking a few times she smiles warmly, very few had been this kind to her in these harsh lands. Meeting a lioness such as this was a very welcome treat indeed. "Thank you...I...I'm usually shunned. You're so kind...it...gives me hope to find others like you..."

Hearing her disability used in such a bright way leaves the floral lioness with a sort of half hearted smile, her voice growing much softer. "I...suppose. And no...I...I'm not part of a pride. I am unsure if...one would take me in. I am not that good at hunting and my...well...my only "skill" would be...a love of cubs. I...I suppose I could be a babysitter but..."

Shaking her head gently she sits up, head bowed. "How are you so positive...in a place like this? I'm sure you have a pride...you...have good going for you.."

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:20 pm
Henry_kunz

"Ah! See dear Sweetheart! You already have a leg up on me! I was not blessed with the love of cubs until my first litter was much too old to need a mother. I'm sure they would have killed to have a female such as yourself give them the maternal caring they did not receive from me. Not being a well versed hunter makes all the more sense to join a pride, Sweetheart! But you must be careful, not all prides would take you in as you say. Aye, I'm from Kizingo'Zaa, the gypsy pride as we're called. I am a thief! But do not worry, I will not take anything from such a dear sweet heart."

Rani gave a warm smile in return. Truly, she meant no harm. Also truly, she would have loved to have such a force around when she was first pregnant. With this litter however, she was determined to do right by them.

"But one must always have hope." She added after a moment with a sage like nod.

Conrad The Mighty

Anxious Smoker

2,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Partygoer 500

Henry_kunz

Friendly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 8:14 pm
Conrad The Mighty

Blinking she quickly shakes her head, giggling. "Oh...n...no I haven't had any cubs. I've never been a babysitter I...I just think the idea wonderful. I've been alone most of my life. You are carrying? Ohh my that's a blessing!" Beaming now the partially blind lioness seemed much lighter in mood, paws patting together once in a happy gesture.

"I hope that everything goes smoothly and that you and your babies remain happy and healthy. Cubs...they are truly where sunshine beams in my opinion. Innocence and sweet gentle love...Too young to know of conflict if only until they are taught of it..."

Realizing she'd gone off babbling, Melodiah feels her face grow hot. "M...my apologies. I do trust you won't steal, I have nothing but the fur of my back regardless." Slowly shifting closer she seems to be looking toward the other lioness's belly, finally lying down with her chin on her paws fully dried. "I truly wish you and your young happiness..."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:31 pm
Henry_kunz
Sorry, I'm finally focusing on wrapping up Rani's RPs for a breeding.

Rani's heart lifted as she watched the lioness stammer through. It was so sweet, there wasn't much else she could do but muse over her.

"A blessing indeed! Thank you. Well the gypsy pride could always use more nannies, if you were ever considering a pride to land in. A pride protects their own members and does whatever they can to make sure each lion or lioness meets their ultimate potential."

Hope, could be a dangerous thing if not accompanied by rationality, planning, and ability. Of course, depending on what one was hopeful for. As a thief, if she infiltrated another pride's boundaries and went looting for treasures, she would either wind up dead or empty handed. Needless to say, it was not something she put much stock into herself. But for others, it was a damn handy tool.

"But it should be noted, most of the Gypsies are a little crazy every now and then."As the pride was known to be the residence of the goddess of insanity, most in the rogue lands only knew it as the home of the crazies. But that was simply not true, there was so much more to the everyday life of a gypsy other than craziness. A muse could be a curse, or it could be a blessing. For Rani, it was a blessing that her curse was gone.

Conrad The Mighty

Anxious Smoker

2,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Partygoer 500
[IC] Rogue Lands - Overflow Storage I [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items