Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[Q] Ellinore Hogget the Golem (Crits)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a pet dino

Brainy Bookworm

22,990 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 10:11 pm
                  AMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM

Name: Ellinore Hogget
                          Nicknames: Ellie
                          Age: Unknown, but has the mentality of about a 16 year old

Faction: Monster
                          Race: Golem (Metal)

Natural Ability:
                              Strength : Ellinore has super strength. She get stronger as she gets older. As of right now she can pick up a car with some work, for about a minute, but after that she has to relax and rest for a while before she has that kind of strength again.

Personality:
                              Stubborn - When Ellie wants to do something, or thinks that something is right, it takes a lot to change her mind. In fact it's pretty much impossible to do so. She's very stubborn in her ways and doesn't like when people try to change her mind. She's the kind of girl that will sit there for hours arguing her point, never backing down. Even if she realizes mid argument that she might be wrong it is unlikely that she will change her mind.

Blunt - Ellie doesn't understand why people lie, and isn't willing to do so herself. If you come up to her asking a question she's going to tell you straight out, no messing around. She isn't really aware that this is a problem though, and will be confused if told that it is. In her opinion honesty is the best policy.

Intelligent - Although she doesn't have much social intelligence she is very book smart and able to pick things up easily. All the years alone had her reading on various subjects, though biology is her favorite.

Awkward - Due to the fact she hasn't been around people very long she is a bit on the awkward side. She doesn't really know social cues so her interactions can be a little off. It's uncommon for her to linger where she is unwanted, simply because she isn't good at picking up when she isn't wanted. She also has a slightly awkward gait due to her long legs and arms.

Friendly - If you're willing to talk to her then Ellie is willing to talk to you! She's been alone for a long time so whenever she get's a chance to talk to people she normally takes it. Ellie has no problems talking to people of any faction or laughing with them. She may not fit in perfectly with everyone, but that doesn't stop her from trying.

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy?
                              Ellie came to be around other beings. She was sick and tired of being alone, her father who created her left her and although she was fine being alone for a while she eventually wanted more contact. She heard about Amityville Academy and decided that was as good as anywhere for that.

FEAR Ability:
                              The Bite - Draining
                              Ellinore stabs her opponent with her needle, drawing their blood. This allows her to take some of their health.

Physical Description:
                              Eye Colour: One red and one blue
                              Hair Colour/Style: Blonde and short, kinda like this
                              Skin Colour: Pale white with freckles
                              Clothing Style/Colours: I'd like her to wear something like this, this, this and this. Though without her helmet. I’d love for her to have it in her hands though. More of steampunk look, with lots of straps!
                              Extra: One of her arms is a large needle with a red liquid in it. It has tubes coming from the back of it to her back. Her legs/arms are a little long for her body. She's made out of metal.
                              References: Everything is in the clothing/style part

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:22 pm
bumping for crits!  

a pet dino

Brainy Bookworm

22,990 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:14 pm
Natural Ability: A Y1 natural ability is like a newbie skill in an RP. Being able to lift a car right off the bat might be a bit too strong, but how long can she lift the equivalent of a car for? Can she carry it around? Or can she only briefly lift it, set it down, then needs to wait a couple hours before lifting it again?

Enrollment Reason: Just a nitpick: there aren't any humans in Halloween. People are referred to as "beings" or "creeple." A regular human will literally explode if they step into Halloween due to how much Fear there is.

I get what you mean though; she wanted the company of other people, yeah? Just need to reword it and take out "human."

Fear: By using a "needle," she's stepping a bit into Reaper territory. Reapers are the only beings in Halloween allowed to have weapons. Since she's a golem though... What kind of golem? Is she made out of metal? Wood? Clay? If she's made out of spare parts from dead things, she'd be considered an undead.

After looking at the references... Is she a Big Sister from the Bioshock universe? If so, and if you want her to have the tank/needle, then she'll need to be reworked into a Reaper. Only Reapers can have weapons, and after looking at the references the needle/tank combo is considered a weapon. If you want her to be a monster, I highly recommend you tweak the Big Sister concept a bit more to not only fit This Is Halloween, but to also put your own spin on it and make her your own unique original character.

My own student Merope for instance was originally based off of Lagiacrus from MH, however I exchanged the crystals for fins and ramped up the bio luminescence to the point where he looks nothing like the source. :3

Hope this helps!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:42 pm
Marushii

Thank you so much! Yes she is based off of the Big sisters. I just love their outfits.

For her natural ability I made it so she can only pick it up for like a minute and then has to rest before doing any heavy lifting again.

For her fear/appearance I made it so the needle is her arm? She's going to be made of metal. Is that okay, or would the needle still be considered a weapon?  

a pet dino

Brainy Bookworm

22,990 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:17 pm
Just so I'm on the same page... Is one of her entire arms a giant needle? Or does she just make a needle appear as part of her Fear?

The easiest way to think about Fear attacks is to think about "limit breaks" in Final Fantasy. They're a character-unique super move that you only see in combat that's flashy/over the top/magical/etc. :3  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:32 am
Marushii

Well I was going to make it her whole arm, since I figured that making it appear only sometimes would make it more like a weapon.

Though she would only be able to use her fear attack sparingly, so while her arm would be a needle she would only be able to use it to take their heath as a limit break kind of thing.  

a pet dino

Brainy Bookworm

22,990 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300
{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items