Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 13 Directory (Tell us a bit about yourself!)
Edsbigsister's Little Introduction

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hello! It's nice to poll you. :)
  +1
View Results

Edsbigsister

Dapper Prophet

8,600 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Member 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 4:41 pm
Maybe not so little...

Behind the Username
I joined Gaia almost nine years ago because a group of my friends had discovered it and the joys of roleplaying. At the time I was just learning about anime, manga, roleplaying, and most of the things that fueled my (at the time, twelve year old) existence. One of my very dear friends introduced me to a little anime known as Fullmetal Alchemist. My brother and I absolutely loved it. From then on every website he joined, he would tote around the username of Ed_Elric with a few random numbers attached to the end. I had never had a username before, so I embraced what I knew. I'm his big sister, therefore Edsbigsister just seemed to fit - and long after my brother stopped using the username I continued to use what I knew.

Given that my name is not Ed, I have never been afraid of nicknames or words, so feel free to call me whatever you like. I have been called Ed, Sister, among many other names that have nothing to do with the username. I'm open to any name you see fit to give me - even if it is something like Alexandra or Daisy.

Interests
I'm a huge watcher of television and films. I'm actually studying art and film at university, so I am bordering on pro. So if you have a need for any recommendations just let me know. I'm also an artist. My focus is painting and drawing, but I am also a fan of graphic design. I wouldn't recommend checking into any of my old art shops as they are outdated and I have vastly improved from the older works. I'm working on rebuilding a new free art shop, but I was experimenting with vector art and am in the silly starting phases of it all. If you really want to check them out, that is fine too. As far as music goes, my current playlist is running a lot of God Help the Girl and Paul Simon (as always). Also, my favorite color is brown. Yes, I know that is a little uncommon.

Joining the SDRP
I enjoy roleplaying in Barton Town, but I am disappointed by the level of activity. I was hoping to find a community more committed to keeping up with posts. I was also hoping to find a place to extend my experience with long term collaborative writing as it is not as extensive as I would.

Roleplaying
I began roleplaying not long after I joined, but it took me a while to understand the concept. I got started because a few friends had become extremely in to this kind of storytelling. I personally had never tried it, and found that when I did I too was hooked. I started attempting to create my own in Barton Town, but they wouldn't survive for long as members would stop posting. I would try to keep it alive, but failed. I removed myself from Gaia for a few years when I moved to a new state and started at university. I have only recently returned and rather than creating new threads, I have attempted to join others and attempt to be the kind of player I wish I had when I was creating.

I will roleplay just about any genre if I find the initial story is interesting, but I prefer science fiction and fantasy. I also enjoy series-related roleplays, but I generally prefer when it consists of original characters in the pre-existing world over playing characters that were created for the series. My main concerns going in are where the potential for growth in characters is.

Currently Roleplaying In
Nothing at the moment, but I'm looking...

Contacting Me
Feel free to definitely message me in this thread, and quote me if you want a quick response. Also don't hesitate to PM me. I'm an open book, so feel free to ask me questions or for advice. I look forward to getting to know you all. smile  
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 8:20 am
Hi BigSister. I hope you don't mind if I use this name to address you. Welcome
to the guild! I'm also new so it's nice to get to know another new person.

You really remind me of my older cousin. She was the one who referred me to
Gaia for writing, but it seems like you also share her passion in art.

If you're looking for a person to role-play with, I'm here. I do enjoy the science-
fiction and fantasy genre as well.

Otherwise, I hope you have a great time here!

(P.S. Paul Simon is awesome! Simon & Garfunkel are one of my go-to duos
for music. c: )  

SpyFoxy

Edsbigsister

Dapper Prophet

8,600 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Member 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 11:30 am
SpyFoxy

Hello! It's wonderful to meet you as well. BigSister will work just fine. I would love to roleplay with you. Was there anything you were particularly in the mood for?  
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 2:07 pm
Edsbigsister

^^ Hello there, and nice to meet you.

That was an excellent introduction. 3nodding  

Thornwick

Crew

Fashionable Lunatic

21,050 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Edsbigsister

Dapper Prophet

8,600 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Member 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 2:16 pm
Thornwick

Thank you very much, and hello. smile  
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 8:31 am
Edsbigsister

Hello! It's wonderful to meet you as well. BigSister will work just fine. I would love to roleplay with you. Was there anything you were particularly in the mood for?

I've been wanting to try a meta-role-play actually. Role-playing about role-playing
sort of sounds like fun. Also since my partner simply dropped the Avengers
role-play we were doing, I still have a small affinity towards it.

Other than those two, I'm completely open to any ideas or plots you may
already have. smile  

SpyFoxy

Edsbigsister

Dapper Prophet

8,600 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Member 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 11:18 am
SpyFoxy

Well, I like the Avengers, but I haven't read the comics. I have seen all the films, but that is the extent of my knowledge. I've never done a meta roleplay about roleplaying before, that sounds like it could be a lot of fun. I suppose I'd be up for either. smile  
13 Directory (Tell us a bit about yourself!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games