Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[PRP] Stopping for the night (Amaia/Jem)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 2:44 pm
It was getting late and soon they would need to find a place to spend the night. Amaia's steps were carefully as she tried not making a sound. She wasn't fond of night time, but if they found a cave she thought they would be safe. Her eyes glanced over at her companion. He was a kind leopard who had traveled with her. So far he hadn't shown any ill intention toward her. With his help, she was sure she would find her way home.

“I am ready to find a place to spend the night.” She said quietly as she looked around.

It would be a restless night, she thought. Whenever she was away from her home, she had a difficult time sleeping. She was used to the tranquility of her den. It was a place where no one could bother her. Once she found her home, she was sure she would never leave it again. She had burdened not only herself, but a complete stranger.

“I mean, we could find a place if you're tired. We can continue walking if you would rather do that.” Her ears folded back. She knew that she shouldn't be the one making decisions. Traveling wasn't her area of expertise.

Chi Sohma

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 4:36 pm
User Image
"Alright. We should try and go for higher gr-" Then he stopped to think, looking back at her- in front of them thick thick bush spread out ahead and it would be easy to take care more than the trees that hung somewhat lower to the ground. "You are used to sleeping on the ground. Do you know how to climb trees?" Many, leopards he knew didn't although it was in their nature. It wouldn't surprise him in the slightest if she didn't know.

"I don't mind stopping. It is to get you home is all." Giving her a hefty nod. Looking up at the trees and analyze what they had around them. He could make a shelter- that would be easy. She lived alone for so long, maybe she knew how to make a den or if she didn't.

"If you want to continue though, I can carry you for some time til I get tired. I may not look it- but I am stronger than I look." Referring to how beautiful his coat had laid and how much more furrier he was than normal leopards. His mother- being a snow leopard was who was at fault for that.

R4gn0r0k IV

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 7:53 pm
She nodded her head. “I have no problem climbing up trees.” It was more of a problem getting down them. She could climb down without too much trouble, she just wasn't terribly graceful at it. “At home, I used to climb them all the time when hunting. It's easier to look around for prey... and other felines.” Amaia never hunted near others if she could avoid it. She didn't want them to try and get her catch or go begging her for handouts.

When he talked about caring her, she could feel her face flush. “I no-” she garbled. It was a kind gesture that he offered, she however knew she wouldn't be able to rest in that situation. “Thank you though.” She looked at the ground, feeling embarrassed.

“Making a shelter in the trees sounds like it will work out the best. That way you can also rest. I imagine that you must be tired.” She wasn't used to traveling and couldn’t imagine how others did it so often!

Chi Sohma

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 11:22 pm
User Image
He gave it a thought and finally stopped and looked up at the trees. "Sleeping in trees and climbing to check for prey is very different. In sleep you have to be trained not to fall out. For that- I don't think it'd be safe for you to be on the ground neither. If anything- lets put you in a den on the ground and I'll stand ground in the front of it. That should be good.".

With that- he set off to looking for a ridge like place and when he found a small hill nearby- he stopped. Put a rock there and started to carve out some more room. In his pride, they were used to digging tunnels- this wasn't new. It took him about an hour and it was ready for leafs and such to cover it and make it comfortable. "You stay here and keep guard- gather some leafs if you want but stay close. The dark lets out the monsters." Giving her a smirk, it was a joke but true. They always came out at night. With that- he disappeared in the bushes again to find some bigger branches to be able to hide this den he made. Or- they made.

It wasn't too far off that trio of hyenas started to prance right around the area... Minding their own business.....for now.

R4gn0r0k IV

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:46 pm
Amaia felt guilty that he was willing to guard her while she got a good night rest. Her ears folded down. “Alright, if you think that is whats best.” She stuck close to him as they looked for a spot. When he saw the ridge she nodded her head with approval. It wasn't home, but beggars couldn't be choosers.

She watched him silently as he dug out a spot for the den. This was the first time she had ever seen anyone do something like that. Tomorrow, when she wasn't so tired she would be sure to ask him about it, she thought with a smile.

“I can do that.” She said quietly. Even with his tone, the thought scared her. She watched him leave into the bushes and for the first time she hated the fact that she was alone. The noise around her seemed to amplify with out Jem around to distract her. She started to gather leafs, always making sure the den was in sight. While she was gathering she heard twigs break and what sounded like someone talking. She paused to listen, only to hear nothing.

“Is... is that you Jemmnu?” She called out meekly, her tail tucking between her legs. Slowly she started backing toward the den.

Chi Sohma

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:26 pm
User Image
"I'll be back as soon as I can."
Not for the grace and swiftness of the Gods above, he went through the forest as if he had known it all his life. Surely, it seemed like home, after being here for so long. The quicker her left, the quicker he'd return. He would return. With the legs more like a cheetah, he almost flew through til he found just in the distance a heard of impala sleeping. Instinct kicked in as he slowly circled the area and watched. Calculating every move he would make to get a swift kill.

Now, he thought about not himself but Amaia. Somehow, and in some ways she was like his mate back home. For that... he helped. But otherwise, that attraction towards her was that for the knight he had come to be. Damsel in distress. Maybe nothing would come of it.... Maybe.

Although the closer he got to the kill. The closer the hyena trio was to Amaia. Sniffing and drawing closer and closer towards her. Their laughing could be heard just barely and could be mistaken as merely the wind. For now.

R4gn0r0k IV

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:44 am
Amaia went as far back into the cave as she could, her paws shaking with fear. Jem would be back soon, she told herself. It helped ease her worry, but not by much. Terrible things happened when she left her home, she thought. If she had not been so curious she would be happily at home right now. She laid down in the corner facing the entrance.

She closed her eyes, hoping to get rest. However the strange wind sounds kept making her open her eyes to make sure no one was around. As each moment passed the wind seemed to get louder and louder. Until she was certain that it was no longer the wind.

It was laughter.

Her breathing slowed. Was she imagining it? No it was laughter, there was no doubt. Jem would be back soon, she thought. He would save her, she thought. She stared at the cave entrance praying that no one appeared.

Along with the laughter she heard branches breaking, and leafs rustle. 'They're near.' She thought worriedly. 'I could run for it? I might be faster then them. I could run to Jem and he could keep me safe.' She wished that she was stronger so she could save herself.

With the decision made, she got up ready to make a run for it. But before she could do anything the eyes of one of the hyena's met hers. Filled with fear she cried out. “Jemmnu!' She screamed as loud as she could, hoping her voice could be heard.

Chi Sohma

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:31 pm
User Image
[Right when he was about to ready himself- with the perfect sling shot. His ears heard the terrifying scream of what he'd soon feel fear for. With that same momentum he was going to use for the impala- he moved forward only to sligshot a turn and headed for Amaia , even faster than how he left with the jolt her scream had given him, Adrenaline pumped in to his veins as he made his way back.

Finally they were here. Laughing. The laughter that struck fear in to many,

When one peaked in to the den- he was met with eyes. "OH LOOK AT WHAT WE GOT HERE BOYS!" Then the laughter got louder. "It's a kitty kitty~ You know.. Hm. Looks to me like fine pickings!"

Another bursted with laughter. "Hey! You can't be choosey now a days! So many prides around- killing off everything to eat!" Closing the den in by their sheer bodies. The other two or wanting to peek in to see what they'd caught. "Food and shelter guys~ what do you think? Is it a steal?"

They laughted together. "Listen. Kiddo. Don't take this personal~ we just.. haven't eaten in a few days~ so~" Then a snap of the jaw before they all tried to get in to the den at once, one managed to grab aholf of something. Then ealized it was the other. "GET OFF ! YOU BIT ME GET OUT!" They started snapping at each other and when one moved ever so slightly, the leader went in for the kill.

That's when Jemmnu finally flew over the main part of the den only to land on one of the Hyena's backs causing their legs to buckle under them. The chain reaction, having all the hyenas start scrambling and hitting their heads against each other. One rolling forward, getting stuck in an awkward position with his head to Amaia and the rump on to his buddy's head. While the one Jemmnu landed on to literately dragged away from the hole. Once out, the leopard pushed all his weight on to the hyena for a death kiss. Locking his jaw, only to have the other two knucklebrained hyenas scramble to try and unstuck themselves- to help.

Then it came- the attack. Finally out, the other two went for Jemmnu. Buckling their feet to mow him down with a head charge But with his jaw locked, the only thing that echoed after they charged at him with the sound of their own pack leader's neck snapping. Without having mean to do it. Ripping out the animal's jaw. Having it still dangling out of his mouth as they stomped on him and bit him every which way. A loud roaring came out of him as he struggled to roll, enough to get them off of him. Enough to escape. "RUN Amaia !!" He never though for a million and one years that he would fight- to save a female. Let alone.

A hyena.. could kill a leopard. Two of them? This was Luaith's job. The strength was suppose to be him! Why did he leave him to get eaten by dogs! All that was in his head, was to lay blame to his deceased mate that above, looking down. Seeing him get mawled by these pathedic creatures.

"LUAITH!" He growled out- a plea for his deceased mate to save him. But he did not come.

Terror as his survival instincts had only been enforced by his scream and snapped his jaw around a maw and threw his body weight one side. Then the other. Thrashing about was yelps- whimpers- growing and hackling!!

R4gn0r0k IV

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:10 am
This was true fear, Amaia thought as she saw the hyena's. There were so many of them. She could not take them on. Hell, she wasn't even sure Jem could take them on at this point. This was the first time she had ever seen a hyena up close. Their fangs seemed to be sharper then she imagined. It wouldn't take much for them to pierce her skin open.

Her ears were folded back as the leader addressed her. “Please. Take my shelter, just spare me.” she whimpered.

Amaia went as far back into the den, shaking with fear. This was it. Once they got in she was a goner. She closed her eyes tightly as they snapped at each other. Then she heard a strange sound and opened her eyes. She could see Jemmnu fighting the hyenas.

All she had to do was do as he said. Run away. Never before had her legs felt so heavy. Once out of the den she stopped and stared at the fight. Fear struck her even harder when Jem cried out. “Jemmnu!” She cried out, her legs shaking. Somehow she had to make herself useful.

Weakly she stepped toward Jem and the hyenas. “Leave now.” She yelled out with a growl, the loudest one she could manage. Her legs were still trembling. The injuries to both Jemmnu and the hyenas made her feel faint.

Chi Sohma

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff