Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Slug and Jigger's Apothecary~ Open *Now Hiring!* Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:57 pm
User ImageUser Image

We're like ๔เค๓๏ภ๔ร in the sky, that's what we're t๏l๔.
                                                              No mountain made of MӨПΣY Can ßµ¥ you a §ðµl, baby.

Steffi was about to suggest to the girl that they go ask the shop keep for help finding their supplies, when a young girl approached them first. She asked about the list and explained where everything was. Seeing a girl so young running the shop by herself made Steffi feel old. It felt like just yesterday she herself had been attending Hogwarts, and here she was with 3 children of her own, one whom had already graduated. She shook her head slightly and smiled. "Yes this is Callie, and I'm Steffi. She'll be a first year this fall." Steffi paused, and then decided to allow Callie to do the rest of the talking. It would be good for her.

The girl led them towards a shelf full of supplies, cauldrons, scales, ingredients, all the good stuff. Potions had been a class she'd very much enjoyed in her early years, although she'd neglected in her later years at Hogwarts. Steffi glanced down at Callie and gave her an encouraging smile.

Say they wåñ† to кภ๏ฬ who did เt
                                                              But the
                                                              åñ§wêr'§ really µ§.

Miss GryffindorK

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:32 pm
User Image

Leave my door open just a crack. 'Cause I feel like such an insomniac
Why do I tire of counting sheep when I'm far too tired to fall asleep?
To ten million fireflies, I'm weird cause I hate goodbyes
I got misty eyes as they said farewell

Calliope looked up when another girl walked over, looking like she knew what she was doing. The blonde adjusted her glasses, watching the other girl for a moment. She offered to help them find her things, which brought a little grin to Callie's lips. She was about to try and introduce herself, but Steffi did the speaking for her. When it seemed like she was done, the youngest of the girls chimed in. "I have my list if you need it." She offered the list over to the nice shop lady, but she seemed like she knew what she was doing. Callie followed over to a nice little shelf of things that she'd apparently need, then she looked over at Steffi. "Oh thank you. Um... what do I need from here?" A small hand tugged on her hair, wide eyes betraying her nerves.

—————————————————————————
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Slugg and Jiggers
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Steffi & The Shop Lady
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? School Shopping
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? She's so nice

Devlyn Maycry

Yukina101

But I'll know where several are if my dreams get real bizarre
'Cause I saved a few and I keep them in a jar
I'd like to make myself believe that planet earth turns slowly
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep
'Cause everything is never as it seems

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:36 pm
I feel like fire, I feel like rain
I can take you higher, but you gotta earn it
Woo, I'm lit, don't mess with it
Woo, stand back, let me do my s**t
Woo, I'm lit, don't mess with it, woo

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

HυffƖєρυff Sєνєηтн Ƴєαя Prᥱfᥱᥴt Seeĸer Ɗαηcєя

☙❧Lia nodded and gave her usual customer service smile as the older woman, Steffi, introduced herself and the young girl now known as Callie. "Nice to meet you both, I'm Lia." she introduced herself. As she lead them to the shelf, the first year handed her the Hogwarts list which after a quick view seemed to be the same as hers and probably every first year since the beginning of time. "Nah, you can keep it. It's pretty much standard on what all firsties need and this is pretty much it. My dad makes sure to keep it all in one spot so firsties and their parents don't have to go rummaging around the shop and potentially pick up something they don't need." Or possibly hazardous was what she wanted to add but the kid looked nervous enough she didn't want to actually traumatize her.

"But specifically, what you need is one cauldron, a pair of scales, and this handy box here." Lia pointed out each item as she named them only handing Callie the small cauldron while taking the scales and box of ingredients for herself and heading back to the front with the register. She opened the kit making sure to gently place the scales inside before closing and reapplying cushioning and featherweight charms on the box. "So with the cauldron and the kit, which has all ingredients you'll need for your first year of potions plus stirrer and vials, plus the summer sale has you totaled at...seven galleons and thirteen sickles." Lia announced with a small grin.

Hands to the sky, show me that you're mine
And baby, worship me
Worship me
On your knees
Patiently, quietly, faithfully, worship me

Miss GryffindorK

Devlyn Maycry

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:48 pm
User ImageUser Image

We're like ๔เค๓๏ภ๔ร in the sky, that's what we're t๏l๔.
                                                              No mountain made of MӨПΣY Can ßµ¥ you a §ðµl, baby.

The girl introduced herself as Lia and then continued on about what Callie would need. It all came in a nice and easy box. Wasn't that great... Steffi couldn't remember if that had been the case when she was a first year.... but she had been a first year a very long time ago. She followed Lia and Callie as they made their way to the front register.

She was tempted to carry the things for Callie, but stopped herself. She knew she needed to let the girl be independent, she just had a hard time letting go. She'd done it with all of her own children and every orphan she'd sent off to Hogwarts, but it still wasn't easy.
                                                              "Seven galleons, thirteen sickles, alright." She said quickly, before reaching into her pocket to pull out a small bag of coins. She dug through it, counting out the amount needed quickly and carefully. "Here you are! Thank you so much. "

Steffi glanced at Callie who held the cauldron still, and then at the box with the rest of her potion supplies.
                                                              "Do you want to carry it all, or do you want me to help some?"

Say they wåñ† to кภ๏ฬ who did เt
                                                              But the
                                                              åñ§wêr'§ really µ§.

Miss GryffindorK

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:41 am
User Image

Leave my door open just a crack. 'Cause I feel like such an insomniac
Why do I tire of counting sheep when I'm far too tired to fall asleep?
To ten million fireflies, I'm weird cause I hate goodbyes
I got misty eyes as they said farewell

Calliope grinned brightly when the shop lady introduced herself. It was such a nice name that the blonde had to chime in. "Your name is really pretty!" After offering her list to Lia, the woman quickly handed it back, saying it was the same as all the first years. Good! That meant she really belonged! When offered a cauldron, Callie happily accepted, holding the weird pot-bowl to her chest. Lia grabbed the scales and a fancy looking box and started walking toward the counter. Callie followed after, carefully stepping so she wouldn't drop the cauldron. It'd be a right mess to clean, she figured.

Once at the counter, the blonde watched in awe as Lia worked. It was so neat that she seemed so graceful in her movements, as though she'd made them hundreds of times before. The woman quickly gave them a total, prompting Callie to look over at Steffi. The youngest blonde had never really had to deal with money before, between father being the only one allowed to go out, then suddenly being at the orphanage where no one had any money, it was just something she'd never had to figure.

After Steffi paid, she thanked the lady, which prompted Callie to do the same. "Yes! Thank you, Lia! You were really nice!" The older blonde asked if Callie could carry everything, but with the cauldron alone her arms were pretty full. She shook her hear, hair swishing around her as she moved. "I'd really like some help, please. I've only got little arms and we still have a lot on our list! I'd feel bad if we had to make another trip 'cause I can't carry everything..." Deep blue eyes looked up at the woman, a mixture of curiosity and worry evident on her expression. Hopefully Steffi had a plan because the list was beginning to feel daunting.

✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Slugg and Jiggers
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Steffi & Lia
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? School Shopping
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? She's so nice

Devlyn Maycry

Yukina101

But I'll know where several are if my dreams get real bizarre
'Cause I saved a few and I keep them in a jar
I'd like to make myself believe that planet earth turns slowly
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep
'Cause everything is never as it seems

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:03 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Slugg & Jiggers
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? No one in particular
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Shopping
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I'm ready for a nap...

Brennie was relieved to finally be off work. It had been what seemed like the longest day of their young life, and they were honestly annoyed fitbits didn't work in the magical hospital. They'd probably run eleven miles by the time they were finally released. After changing clothes into a comfy tee and a pair of shorts, Brennie went to Loki's shop for a few potions ingredients. With a small yawn, they looked around, gathering a few various items, as well as a small plant. That one wasn't needed, but it was pretty, so why not. Brennie cast a glance over at the counter, sighing at the surprisingly long line. Maybe Loki would extend him a line of credit... they were family, after all... No, Brennie could wait, and perhaps shop around a bit more.

Diamond Wales

I ᴜsᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙɪᴛᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛᴏɴɢᴜᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴏʟᴅ ᴍʏ ʙʀᴇᴀᴛʜ, sᴄᴀʀᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʀᴏᴄᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏᴀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ᴍᴇss
Sᴏ I sɪᴛ ǫᴜɪᴇᴛʟʏ, ᴀɢʀᴇᴇ ᴘᴏʟɪᴛᴇʟʏ. I ɢᴜᴇss ᴛʜᴀᴛ I ꜰᴏʀɢᴏᴛ I ʜᴀᴅ ᴀ ᴄʜᴏɪᴄᴇ
I ʟᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴘᴜsʜ ᴍᴇ ᴘᴀsᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʀᴇᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛ. I sᴛᴏᴏᴅ ꜰᴏʀ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ, sᴏ I ꜰᴇʟʟ ꜰᴏʀ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ
Yᴏᴜ ʜᴇʟᴅ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, ʙᴜᴛ I ɢᴏᴛ ᴜᴘ, ᴀʟʀᴇᴀᴅʏ ʙʀᴜsʜɪɴɢ ᴏꜰꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴜsᴛ
Yᴏᴜ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴍʏ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇ, ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴛʜᴀᴛ sᴏᴜɴᴅ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴜɴᴅᴇʀ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ sʜᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴏᴜɴᴅ
Yᴏᴜ ʜᴇʟᴅ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, ʙᴜᴛ I ɢᴏᴛ ᴜᴘ. Gᴇᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅʏ 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I'ᴠᴇ ʜᴀᴅ ᴇɴᴏᴜɢʜ. I sᴇᴇ ɪᴛ ᴀʟʟ, I sᴇᴇ ɪᴛ ɴᴏᴡ
I ɢᴏᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇʏᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛɪɢᴇʀ, ᴀ ꜰɪɢʜᴛᴇʀ, ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰɪʀᴇ
Lᴏᴜᴅᴇʀ, ʟᴏᴜᴅᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴀ ʟɪᴏɴ, 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I ᴀᴍ ᴀ ᴄʜᴀᴍᴘɪᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴍᴇ ʀᴏᴀʀ!

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:37 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx♡ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Slugg & Jiggers Apothecary
xxx♡ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Vera Saylor
xxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Greetings and Catching Up
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? How nice to see a friend!

Callie was excited about going to school. She'd been having fun at home or with family, but school just had so much to do.... even if most were classes. Besides, she still had some exploring to do! After getting her books and robes, Callie was headed to her next destination, but she noticed someone in the window of the Apothecary. Though she didn't need any supplies through the shop, the blonde made her way inside. "Vera, good afternoon! I hope today has brought good things about?"

The girl remembered Vera - though at the time she was Susan - from Wool's, where they had both spent some time. The two ran into each other on Hogsmeade every so often, either when Callie stepped into the boutique to look at the fancy clothes, or at other shops when Vera was on break. At the time, Callie was wearing a lovely navy dress she'd gotten from the shop, one she liked for it was the color of the evening sky. She straightened her skirt, smiling up at the older girl.

addaellis

Wanna feel the warm breeze, sleep under a palm tree
          Feel the rush of the ocean, get onboard a fast train
          Travel on a jet plane, far away and breakaway
          I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly! I'll do what it takes til' I touch the sky
          And I'll make a wish, take a chance, make a change and breakaway
          Out of the darkness and into the sun, I won't forget all the ones that I love
          I gotta take a risk, take a chance, make a change, and breakaway!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:49 pm

User Image✬✫
VERA YVES SAYLOR

17 years || homeschooled || halfblood squib
              ClerkxxxxxxxxxxxxClerk and Apprentice Designer
Slug and Jigger's ApothecaryxxxxxxxxxBewitched Boutique

Vera had liked going to Slug and Jigger’s Apothecary even before she started working there to look at what the actual plants looked like and to see how they were taken care of and stored properly. The shop had a kind of stench that vaguely resembled Guillian’s workroom behind the herb gardens. Sometimes it comforted her. Sometimes it made her want to cry. She remembered the dirt stains on his seashell-colored shirt, the olive apron with the emerald ribbon trim she and Halinor had added in July of 2040. She had been surprised when Mr. Ellis accepted her application. No doubt it was a trick, a dirty prank, like the kids at school used to do: pretend to listen and then ignore her. But Vera had shown up to work after school anyways, and thus far—over two years now—she hadn’t been ignored or kicked out when she came for her shift--far from it, Nani was almost suspiciously friendly. But...she had never been anything short of friendly to Vera. Maybe, she sometimes hoped, she could be there forever. Halinor had worked at the same flower shop since high school, after all--Vera always figured she’d be at the same place forever.

But that was starting to change. She had changed homes from Winchester to London to Killen now, and the change was...good. She had changed her name from Susan to Vera, from McIntyre to Saylor. She had changed schools--and learned so much more in homeschool over the last two years than she imagined she had in the other 10 years of muggle school. She had changed from no jobs to one to two. She liked her days at the boutique in Hogsmeade as well. She’d gotten in a steady rhythm with life, one that she actually enjoyed.

Then there were days like today that she did not like: The last time this boy had been here a few weeks ago, he had been with a younger girl. He had stopped in, then left, and when he came back, he had been angry and sad and a whole host of things. When he walked in alone today, Vera had warily set aside inventory she was doing on how many first-year kits they had left to keep a wary eye on him. She’d asked if she could help, but he declined and seemed to just be looking, comparing bottles and making notes on a piece of paper--calculating how much he’d need for certain potions, she realized. Well, she was watching carefully. One angry movement, and she was going to kick him out. Sure he hadn’t actually knocked anything over last time, and this time he was just moping around, but Vera had just organized the stocks again to perfection today. If she had to do it again tomorrow--

The door opened, and Vera turned to the door ”Good after--Callie!” she recognized her friend with pleasant surprised, and noticed the lovely navy dress Callie wore: ”It...does look like the sky…”

August 28th, 2050-- two nights before her fellow stargazer Calliope was back off to Hogwarts to learn charms that did housework for her, potions that could heal. It was a cool night. Clear skies, the same shade of blue. Waning gibbous moon, not quite the color of the sleeves and collar. When they next met, Callie was Calliope Whitethorne. And a year later, Vera too had been adopted and changed her name. But it was still...nice to see a familiar face, and nice to see they were doing better despite the changes. ...and you’ll be pleased it has pockets!”

Vera shook the memory--once a bitter memory, now a pleasant one--aside with a small smile ”I’m glad to see you, and glad to see you dressed as the sky,” she replied. ”Today has been...fine, all things considered. And you? What brings you here? School supplies?” It took a moment as she calculated some dates, but then Vera turned for the fourth-year ingredients.

setting Slug and Jiggers for work, late summer 2052 || with Calliope, The Boy who got Dumped Six Weeks Ago
appearance 5'4", rather slender || wearing The shrooms dress
status Pleased to see a friend

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Time stops and all my old nightmares are standing before me
I wonder how they ever did their jobs
And I lay on the carpet and sift through my reveries
Try on the ones that still bite
Sometimes I wonder where you are now
And if you ever found some happiness,
Or just another way to kill the time
✫✬
"Reveries" by Radical Face.

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:13 am
User ImageUser Image
xxx♡ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Vera Saylor

Callie grinned when Vera greeted her, though it was in form of stumbling over her own words. Perhaps excitement? Perhaps outrage.... She said she was glad to see her, though Callie had noticed the small frown the older girl wore - before it was replaced with a waning grin. "The night sky, which is so lovely a sight. It was made by careful hands, though I'm sure you know that much." Callie responded, a slight grin of her own.

Vera admitted the day had been fine, though her slight pause made the younger teen wonder. A bad day, or just a few small annoyances making it less than perfect? She was asked about her reasoning for being there, and the blonde shook her head a bit, flaxen hair dancing a bit at the movement. "No, nothing like that, though the rest of my steps have been for supplies. My mum's a potioneer, so I never really have worries about supplies. No," she paused, offering a larger smile and the twinkle of her deep blue eyes, "I saw a friend through the window and figured fate wanted me to stop for a greeting. Perhaps something good will come of our meeting today?"

addaellis

I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly! I'll do what it takes til' I touch the sky

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:52 pm

User Image✬✫
VERA YVES SAYLOR

17 years || homeschooled || halfblood squib
              ClerkxxxxxxxxxxxxClerk and Apprentice Designer
Slug and Jigger's ApothecaryxxxxxxxxxBewitched Boutique

Vera had always thought Callie was a little odd, but perhaps in a good way—Callie said things in such an interesting way, that stuck to her —well everything stuck to Vera, but Callie had a way of putting things that made them stick out, like an intentionally mis-patterned patch on plain cloth, or a bright star in a dark sky. She thought it was sweet, and it made for good conversation--midnight conversations on the rooftops. An optimistic quip for when she was drowning in bitter memories.

“Lena did work very hard on that. From design to fabric to stitching, everything has to be perfect,” she agreed, forgetting for a moment she was not at the boutique. Her voice light and pleasant as she continued. “But when you put it like that, it’s like you’re saying the sky itself was made by careful hands.” Vera didn’t believe in gods or god or anything. If such a deity did exist, they were probably a vicious c**t. But maybe vicious cunts could make beautiful things too.

”The sky at home is beautiful," she said softly. I imagine it's the same for you: Much clearer than the city sky. But missing the city lights. That was a view of its own.”

Callie informed her that her mum was a potioneer and had other ways of getting ingredients. Vera nodded. Occasionally a potioneer might stop in for this or that they didn’t have, but they were surprisingly not the target demographic for this apothecary. ”I’m afraid I’ve nothing particularly exciting today for you, and Felix Felicis costs a hefty 14 galleons,” she remarked, taking what her friend said about fate a little too literally. Vera shrugged, ”I just reorganized the stocks and was taking inventory. Students doing their shopping...that lad doing his thing.”

setting Slug and Jiggers for work, late summer 2052 || with Calliope, The Boy who got Dumped Six Weeks Ago
appearance 5'4", rather slender || wearing The shrooms dress
status Pleased to see a friend

Time stops and all my old nightmares are standing before me
I wonder how they ever did their jobs
And I lay on the carpet and sift through my reveries
Try on the ones that still bite
Sometimes I wonder where you are now
And if you ever found some happiness,
Or just another way to kill the time
✫✬
"Reveries" by Radical Face.

addaellis

addaellis

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:04 pm

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

fifth year || Hufflepuff prefect || muggleborn
Dueling Club sharpshooter || Namaste Club apprentice || Quidditch beater

Eden was at Diagon Alley alone, calculating the amount of ingredients he could buy to attempt some more advanced potions once they were back in school. Well, really he’d like to practice during the summer, but at least he’d been doing his best to practice mashing and cutting and such techniques in the kitchen at home. He had only so many funds for practice ingredients—although more than usual from not having a girlfriend to spend them on. He was still mad about that sometimes. He hadn’t replied to any of Weslyn’s texts or letters checking up on him. He just spent the whole month struggling with his schoolwork.

The store attendant kept eyeing him warily, until a younger student appeared and engaged her in conversation, giving Eden some much-appreciated time to calculate in peace. If he just got the advanced potion kit set… plus a pepperup because his grandmother had been feeling a bit under the weather...but he could just make the pepperup himself...ugh why did the individual ingredients cost so much. He did not need new phials, rinsed out water bottles were perfectly suitable...Alternatively porcupine quills were pretty cheap and that was used in...aha, a draught of peace. Useless. If he just finished all his studying ahead of time and aced his exams then his parents would be proud of him and he wouldn’t be anxious anymore. Why waste money on a potion to do it when it was his fault for not working hard enough? Oh nevermind, it also required powdered unicorn horn and that was way too expensive.

Finally, Eden had his selections made and made his way to the girls talking still. They looked like friends. He frowned sadly. He really didn’t have friends, did he? Well besides one that broken up with him, one that had gone behind his back to flirt with his ex….did Chadwick count as a friend? Did Rian count as a friend? More like another rival and the poor kid he’d flipped out at.

“A moment, Callie. Yes, did you find everything?”

”Yes! Excuse me…” Eden paused the self-deprecating internal monologue when addressed. ”Yes, I’m ready to check out.”

He pulled out his pouch of newly-converted wizard money, counting out exactly the amount needed as the attendant bundled everything together. He glanced back at the girl with glasses, suddenly thinking of something: ”Sorry, I couldn’t help but overhear, but did you say your mum was a potioneer earlier? Err...would she be open to an intern or something over the summer? I guess it’s a little late, sorry for interrupting. You must get a lot of potions practice though, then?” That must be nice. Plenty of potions practice with someone to do the last spell step without triggering the underage Trace.

setting The apothecary, roughly two weeks before the end of summer 2052 || with A store attendant and a potioneer's daughter
appearance 5’6”, fit || wearing light shirt and pants
status Lonely

Tranquil as a forest
But on fire within
Once you find your center
You are sure to win
You're a spineless, pale, pathetic lot
And you haven't got a clue
♖♜
~"I'll Make a Man Out of You" by Danny Osmond from Mulan. Cover by Caleb Hyles.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:30 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx♡ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Vera Saylor, Eden Harper

Callie nodded along as Vera spoke about the care taken in making her dress. It made the blonde happy to think that each stich was placed so perfectly, just for her. It was then that Vera said the sky was also made with careful hands. "I like to think the sky was made with magic. More powerful and beautiful than any we've seen, something so perfect for all the world to have and to share."

She swayed a bit, dancing to the flow of music in her thoughts, then nodded about the sky above her home. "It's quite lovely. You get just the best view of the stars." They then spoke of their goings on, then mentioned another student doing up their shopping. Callie glanced over, spying a boy she was pretty sure was a year her senior. "Well, I don't need any liquid luck. I've been pretty lucky so far, I think... Though I'm sure eventually I'll learn to craft it myself, which will be quite fascinating."

It was then that Vera asked for a moment, then addressed the blonde boy. He was checking out so Callie stepped aside a bit, content to let her thoughts cloud over. Just as she was starting to drift away, the boy's voice chimed up again, this time speaking directly to Callie. He asked about her mum, then questioned if she had any internships available. The Hufflepuff offered a small grin. "I don't think she does, but you can ask her when we return to school! It's Professor Whitethorne. She teaches potions in years four through seven. Or perhaps I can ask her if she can do extra tutoring this summer... She may be able to work out a deal..." Callie hummed softly, thinking about her mom inviting kids over. It'd have to be nighttime, which might give away the family secret... Hmm...

Quote:

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:50 pm

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

Eden was pretty sure he had whatever the opposite of Felix Felices was in his system.

Merlin’s gdamned ******** ears and eyes and….fricking teapots! Of all the humans in the world he just had to run into yet another professor’s child! At least he hadn’t cursed this one out over...what was it? Stubbing his toe or something? Seriously!

Thankfully, this kid also seemed nice, politely informing him that Professor Whitethorne did not have internships as far as she knew. ”Oh. Professor Whitethorne is good. I like her a lot better than the Potions 1-3 professor. I think they retired this year though,” he added quickly by way of...maybe being not awkward in case she liked the professor. He did much better in Professor Whitethorne’s class than in the first three years anyways, which might have contributed to his liking this professor better. ”Err, I don’t need tutoring though. But thanks.”

Eden firmly believed he didn’t need tutoring. Tutoring was for students who were failing, or for people who couldn’t get their homework done. Eden always got his homework done, even if he didn’t understand it. He didn’t want Professor Whitethorne to think he was dumb or anything when he just wanted extra practice.

Now that he was looking at her though, Eden kinda recognized the girl ”Oh you’re Calliope, aren’t you? Hufflepuff? I didn’t know you were Professor Whitethorne’s daughter.” He hoped that wasn’t common knowledge. Eden tended to keep to himself, only paying attention to his fellow classmates in the last year or so, and had come to the conclusion that most of them were out to taunt him. But Calliope didn’t seem to be a threat. ” I’m Eden, by the way. I think I’m a year or two ahead of you. You go to...some club on Friday evenings, right?” he remembered seeing her leave usually when he came back from extra Quidditch practices.

setting The apothecary, roughly two weeks before the end of summer 2052 || with A store attendant and Professor Whitethorne's daughter.
status Oh yeah I know you.

Tranquil as a forest
But on fire within
You are sure to win
♖♜

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:35 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx♡ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Vera Saylor, Eden Harper
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? He seems quite nice

Callie grinned softly when the older Hufflepuff said that Professor Whitethorne was good. Callie hadn't gotten to see her in class yet, but that would all change this year. He claimed she was a better professor than the 1-3 year teacher, which was nice. Retirement sounded appropriate, as the woman had been quite old. Her hair was white as the moon, though Callie quite liked the color. After offering tutoring, the older boy quickly said he didn't need it. His tone sounded... odd, but then again, Callie didn't know him all too well.

After a brief moment, he questioned her name, then mentioned not knowing her parents. "I am Calliope, or Callie, if you prefer. Don't worry too much about my parents, I didn't start off as a Whitethorne. I'm still getting use to the name.... But that's the fun thing about names, they can change, though the person bearing them usually changes as well." She grinned a bit, swaying slightly. He offered up his name (aha! She had been right!) then mentioned he was a year or so older. "A year, I'll be going into fourth this term. As for the club, Friday evenings is when I go to Namaste. I try to catch all their evening meetings, but I can't say I'm perfect." She nodded a bit, offering a small grin.

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:31 am

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

Calliope, or Callie, assured him not to worry and revealed she’d been adopted--relatively recently, it seemed. He wasn’t sure how to respond--should he apologize if there were bad memories associated? Or congratulate her on the adoption? “Don’t worry too much about my parents”-- Callie said it so cavalierly, He couldn’t imagine not being a Harper, and couldn’t imagine not having his parents. He couldn’t imagine not having their example to look to, or not having the pressure of their expectations on him.

“Oh you go to Namaste!” he repeated with surprise. Callie mentioned attending nearly all their evening sessions, which made sense: ”That’s cool. I make most of the morning sessions but usually have Quidditch or class in the evenings. How’re the evening sessions?” He had probably gone to one in his second year, but two years ago felt like so long ago.

setting The apothecary, roughly two weeks before the end of summer 2052 || with A store attendant and Callie
status Hey a fellow Namaste member!

Tranquil as a forest
But on fire within
You are sure to win
♖♜

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff