Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Slug and Jigger's Apothecary~ Open *Now Hiring!* Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:56 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx♡ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Slugg & Jiggers Apothecary
xxx♡ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Vera Saylor, Eden Harper
xxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Greetings and Catching Up
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? He seems quite nice

Callie nodded happily when asked about going to Namaste. Apparently Eden also went, though he preferred the early morning sessions due to other obligations. "I'm certainly more of a night star. Early mornings are my weakness. But kudos to you for being a morning person. I can't imagine it's easy!" She giggled softly, then pondered for a moment. "Which other clubs have your affection? I'm in Astronomy as well, and sometimes I go to Herbology for help with homework. I love plants, but it seems they don't always return the favor." She sighed softly, thinking of the older student who took time to make sure Callie knew the material well. Apparently she'd created the club for just such reasons.

addaellis

Wanna feel the warm breeze, sleep under a palm tree
          Feel the rush of the ocean, get onboard a fast train
          Travel on a jet plane, far away and breakaway
          I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly! I'll do what it takes til' I touch the sky
          And I'll make a wish, take a chance, make a change and breakaway
          Out of the darkness and into the sun, I won't forget all the ones that I love
          I gotta take a risk, take a chance, make a change, and breakaway!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:50 am

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

fifth year || Hufflepuff prefect || muggleborn
Dueling Club sharpshooter || Namaste Club apprentice || Quidditch beater

Callie mentioned being a night star--not even a night owl-- and even congratulated him for being a morning person. Eden didn’t really consider himself a morning person-- it had just always been Sir and Ma’am’s expectation that the children were early to rise and rest, regardless of the strange hours of their own work. ”I’ve just always been this way I guess,” he summed up his thoughts before adding ”I imagine Professor Whitethorne has to be a night, uh, star, as well, to teach the late night potions classes,” he mentioned. He wondered now if Professor Whitethorne liked night classes and that’s why Potions 4-7 was so late, or if there was a reason why the classes were so late and Professor Whitethorne had had to adapt to the late schedule.

Callie turned the conversation towards other clubs, mentioning Astronomy and Herbology in particular. Wes was in Herbology. His face fell into a gloomy expression, wondering if Calliope was Weslyn’s friend and this was all just another encounter doomed to end in betrayal and failure. Wes was a lot friendlier than he was. Well, Callie wasn’t running yet. He composed an answer: ”I’m pretty shite with herbology myself,” he admitted. He mulled over her question-- What clubs had his affection? Not which he was in? This girl had the most interesting ways of phrasing things. ”Um, I’m only in Namaste and Dueling if that’s what you’re asking. I’m on the Quidditch team though, and go swimming by the lake? Well I used to. I kinda...ruined my relationship with the people who I swam with though.”

Eden thought through the other clubs, wondering if he was fond of anything...if they “had his affection”, so to speak. ”My sister’s in Music Club, so I guess that? I guess Language Club always sounded interesting, but I have enough distractions.” Eden had gone twice his second year, but it had seemed like they were doing a review. He’d studied for that as much as he could and had fun with it, but when he’d failed the DADA quiz later that week, all he could imagine was Professor Cohen’s voice on the first day of class telling him he had to “Make Good Decisions”. He couldn’t go back to the club after that.

setting The apothecary, roughly two weeks before the end of summer 2052 || with A store attendant and Callie
appearance 5’6”, fit || wearing light shirt and pants
status Clubs...

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Tranquil as a forest
But on fire within
Once you find your center
You are sure to win
You're a spineless, pale, pathetic lot
And you haven't got a clue
♖♜
~"I'll Make a Man Out of You" by Danny Osmond from Mulan. Cover by Caleb Hyles.

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:24 pm
User ImageUser Image

Eden said he'd always been more of a morning person, which made Callie surprised. As long as she'd been alive she'd been a nighttime person... Then again, she'd spent most of her life with vampires. Perhaps it was just the company she'd kept. Eden then continued, saying Ada must be a night star to run the evening classes. Little did he know the classes were late to suit her, not vice versa. "Oh yes, she's often up to the wee hours of the night. Sometimes when I can't sleep I go and have tea with her." She offered a small grin, a mischievous twinkle in her dark eyes.

After mentioning her clubs, Eden mentioned being poorly at Herbology. "Perhaps you can ask the club leader for help. She's Professor Hill's daughter, so I do believe she's qualified to help. She assisted me with the class more than once." That brought about a bigger smile from the girl, thinking happy thoughts about all the help she'd gotten. He then said he was also in Dueling club, along with Quidditch. Apparently he'd gone swimming with some friends, though they'd had a falling out. "Dueling seems interesting. I'm not very good at offensive magics, but perhaps I could try to learn. Similar is swimming. I don't think I've ever actually gone swimming before, much less learned to be skilled with it!" She tittered softly to herself, then continued her thoughts. "But I do hope you will find friends to swim with again. Friendship is important, though finding the right friends may ultimately prove difficult."

He next spoke about his sister's clubs, as well as one he wanted to join. "Distractions make life worth moving along! Some people prefer things to be the same, but tedium can be difficult for some people. Language club does indeed seem fun, but, I must admit, I'm quite terrible at learning them. As for music, I play the piano, though I haven't practiced in a while. They say practice makes perfect, but I suppose perfection can take a rest sometimes too." She sighed softly, then added more. "Do you play any music? Or speak any languages?"

addaellis

I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly! I'll do what it takes til' I touch the sky

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:50 pm

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

Calliope mentioned going to have tea with Professor Whitethorne--just...like it was a casual thing! He knew Professor Whitethorne was nice, but he couldn’t imagine just wandering over for a nightcap. Well, Callie was also her daughter so perhaps that had more to do with it. He dropped the incredulous expression.

”It’s not that bad,” he amended when Callie again recommended he ask the Herbology Club leader for assistance. No way was he going to Herbology club. He’d have to see Weslyn then. And her brother Yukon. Plus ”I don’t need tutoring.”

He was happier to talk about his other clubs. ”Dueling is nice,” he agreed. His brow furrowed for a moment, reminded again how Chadwick had been appointed captain. He hated to admit it, but Chadwick had been a pretty good captain. They had duels for practice, but Chadwick was always thinking of ways to get new blood into the club, and he brought up a lot of different approaches to dueling. Eden wasn’t blind or anything, but he did get a lot better at paying attention to the sounds around the dueling strip after that talk. It made Eden upset to think, but he probably wouldn't have done such a good job in so little time. ”We do defensive magic in dueling too,” he piped up. ”Dueling is kind of like a structured fight, you know. Like there are rules and limitations in place so we can train without getting hurt. But there’s a lot of interesting strategy and technique that goes into dueling.

"If you’re interested in swimming I can teach you? Closer to the summer is probably better though, especially if you’re new. The Lake isn’t exactly heated.”

It also suddenly struck Eden that he hadn’t done a mock duel with Mattie or practiced his stretches or much since his breakup. He occasionally went for a dozen laps at the pool during open hours, but other than that, he’d been single-mindedly minding his studying. He almost looked forward to going back to school. At least it would be a change of scenery. He didn’t know his class schedule yet of course, and the entire summer he’d just been planning to...hole up in the library or dormitory to study. It wasn’t like he had friends to study with anymore. Just his sister. Callie telling him that friends were important hurt, and he could only really agree that finding friends was proving very difficult. “I only have my sister, the rest of the world is terrible,” he replied bitterly.

Callie replied that distractions were exactly what made life worth moving along, which was...just a fantastically different worldview than the structured, clearly mapped out life plan he had always adhered to--or tried to adhere to. Then again, he was massively failing the whole “Ace all your classes” thing and breaking up certainly wasn’t part of the plan. Truth be told he wasn’t so broken up about losing-his-girlfriend thing so much as the losing-both-best-friends in one fell swoop thing. She mentioned being terrible at learning music and not practicing the piano in a while, which earned a polite nod from him. ”No instruments, and just a little bit of Welsh from primary school.” he looked off wistfully. ”I guess I know a few phrases in Hindi. Mostly food.”

He turned the conversation back to her, still processing her comment that “perfection can take a rest sometimes too” ”When did you learn piano? Or I guess, when did you last play? My family moved around a lot when I was young. I think there was a mandatory music program in one, but it was like once a month and I was only there for a few months. Mattie--my sister Matilda-- is the real musician. ” He frowned. He probably shouldn't have said that. What if Calie told her mother, who told Sir and Ma’am and blew Mattie’s secret?

setting The apothecary, roughly two weeks before the end of summer 2052 || with A store attendant and Callie
status Clubs...and weird things to think about

Tranquil as a forest
But on fire within
You are sure to win
♖♜

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:17 pm
User ImageUser Image

Callie nodded softly when Eden claimed his herbology wasn't that bad, then insisted he didn't need tutoring. Perhaps he didn't like individual lessons? Once the topic was firmly on clubs, he said that dueling was nice. Perhaps she'd step in for a lesson. He spoke about the structure and care that went into the duels, apparently there was quite a bit of strategy to it. "That does sound quite exciting! Perhaps I'll step in to see about improving my skills. After all, learning makes the world spin, doesn't it?" Maybe she had the saying wrong... oh well.

Eden mentioned swim lessons, saying they'd have to be in summer. "Well, I suppose it's good I live right near the lake. In Hogsmeade, that is." She offered a small grin, moving to tug on a lock of her hair. A moment after discussing friends, the older boy snapped that he only had his sister, and that the rest of the world was terrible. The younger Hufflepuff nodded solemnly, then sighed. "There are people for everyone, I believe. Sometimes it takes a while to find them, but I do hope you'll keep an open heart until you find your people." Another small smile, this one a little more sad.

Once the topic changed back to clubs, this one music. He didn't play an instrument, and just knew bits and pieces of languages. He then asked about her piano knowledge, then mentioned moving around a lot as a child. Apparently his sister was a musician, though. "I learned when I was younger, though I must admit I haven't had a chance to play in a while. I can only play at my Oma's house, since she's got a piano." She sighed quietly, wishing she were able to play more often. "But it's nice that your sister plays. It's always lovely to have music in the house, something to keep the silence at bay..."

addaellis

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:07 am

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

”You should! You would be most welcome,” Eden said, feeling just a bit better because it felt like he’d made an actual difference in this young girl’s goals. Everyone should know how to defend themselves after all, and learning did make the world spin around...no that wasn’t quite it either. ”Wednesdays after sixth block, in the Clocktower Courtyard or one of the dungeon classrooms if the weather is bad.”

He nodded with a smile when she mentioned living right by the lake in Hogsmeade, before furrowing his brow in conduction. Well that was convenient. Wait--”Wait, so you still live at Hogwarts even though your house is...literally across the Lake?”

Callie said...something about keeping an open heart until he found his people. She smiled again, sadder this time. Her words were solemn, and something about them dug into him more than the rest of the quirky things she said. He didn’t know quite how to reply to that, and instead after a long silence all he could say was ”Yeah… Thanks.”.

The conversation turned back to clubs and on to music. She said she played at her grandmother’s house--it took him a moment to place the German term-- but had not recently. ”I think there’s a piano in the music room,” he offered, although he figured she must have known that already. Eden found himself wondering what kind of music Callie plaed and liked. He could only imagine….tinkling, like bells. Maybe lullabies, but she no doubt played them in an unexpected way. He wasn’t sure. He didn’t know much about music besides “that sounded right” and “that sounded a little weird”. Something told him that Callie’s playing would have garnered both responses at the same time. “Keeping the silence at bay...you don’t like things too quiet then?”

status Besides Mattie, Sir and Ma'am....Who...are "my" people?

Tranquil as a forest
But on fire within
You are sure to win
♖♜

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:13 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Getting to know one another
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Quiet is poetic, silence is dark

Callie grinned brightly when Eden happily invited her along to Dueling. He was kind enough to include timed and locations so she may find her way. "I'd love to join in. I'm not typically busy then, so it just makes sense. See, the fates must have a plan for me there~" She sighed a dreamy sigh, humming softly. Once on the topic of her home, he asked why she still lived at Hogwarts despite her home being there. "I suppose it's unfair to the others, isn't it? If I were to go home while someone that may need their home more cannot? But I do get to stop by home each weekend we go to Hogsmeade, so I suppose that's a nice compromise."

After offering her best advice on friendship, Callie couldn't help but notice that Eden seemed.... saddened by her words. Perhaps he'd just suffered a falling out and felt quite bad about it. Darn it. She hadn't been hoping to make him feel bad! Luckily the conversation turned to music, and after mentioning playing with her Oma, Eden mentioned there being a piano in the music room. "Is there? Well, perhaps I'll have to see if I can find it to play." She hummed softly, then mentioned her liking music to keep away the silence. Apparently he found something interesting about it, and chose to question. "No, no I don't mind the quiet. See, the quiet is soft and gentle... silence, on the other hand... it often unnerving and lonely. I always like one over the other. When the silence just won't leave me alone, well, I've discovered music is quite a happy defense~"

addaellis

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:48 am

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

Callie mentioned the Fates having some plan in mind for her to join Dueling, and then explained that it didn’t seem fair for her to go home when everyone else was boarding at Hogwarts. He supposed that made sense. Eden didn’t know if he could stand going home every weekend, but that must have been nice, to be able to see her new family so regularly.

As the conversation turned to music, Eden was surprised Calliope hadn’t known about the piano in the music room--well, maybe it wasn’t that surprising. He hadn’t found out about it before going there to support Mattie at Music Club one day, so maybe she just...didn’t know about it. When he asked if she didn’t like the quiet Callie had another interesting answer: Quiet was soft and gentle, but silence was unnerving and lonely. Eden thought it sounded ridiculous at first, but when he paused to let the words sink in, he thought there might be some truth to the matter. There was a difference between the quiet murmur of studying and pages shuffling in the Library and the insufferable silence when two people couldn’t find something to say. He...thought he understood better, but didn’t know how to respond. ”I...think I get what you mean actually. If you find yourself bothered by the silence and without a piano at hand though, um… we could talk. Or...I mean. I guess I’d welcome the conversation.”

There was a moment after that -- quiet, not silent. Eden was still thinking about all the strange turns of phrase that had come up. Everything around came into sharp focus again and he realized they’d had this entire conversation standing around in the apothecary. The attendant had left his purchase on the bench and was minding her own business with a clipboard. At their pause in conversation though, she paused and looked towards them, recommending the latte shop to continue the conversation. Eden made a face: he was not fond of that shop for the memory associated, but it did remind him he was in Diagon for a reason. ”Of course. Callie, I have a few more stops tonight, but wouldn’t mind the company if you’re free?”

Either way, it had been all summer since he’d felt like...well, like he’s had a nice conversation with someone who wasn’t his sister. It was...remarkably nice. Maybe he needed to send Corporal Feathers out and see if he couldn’t find someone to talk to. Maybe this is what she means by...find my people?

setting The apothecary, roughly two weeks before the end of summer 2052 || with A store attendant and Professor Whitethorne's daughter.
status This was quite nice.

Tranquil as a forest
But on fire within
You are sure to win
♖♜

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:47 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Diagon Alley - Slugg & Jiggers
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Declan McNamara
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Governess Duties
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Potions Supplies

Nora held half the books Declan needed, not wanting to overwhelm the boy with the weight of books. "Excellent, Declan. If we've got them all, let's go to the front." She set the books on the counter, before counting out coins from her purse to pay for the lot. Declan was perusing his list again, this time wanting to go to the Apothecary. "That sounds just lovely. Most everything you'll need comes in one nice kit. That means our next stop is Slugg & Jiggers Apothecary."

Nora handled the change from the order, before handing one of each coin to the younger blonde. Collecting the books, now with a Featherweight Charm attached, she started their little walk. "So the magical world has its own unique currency. We have the small bronze pieces, Knuts. 29 of those is one of the silver Sickles. And 17 Sickles make up the gold pieces, Galleons. So if you see things labeled with those names, you'll know what's what. If ever you have some typical British money, you can visit the bank... there, to exchange." She gestured over at the large bank, before gently guiding the boy into the Apothecary. "Alright, let's get your first year kit." She sent over a soft smile, hoping to keep Declan interested in all the new sights.

{{Wearing :: Pretty Orange}}
AliceInWonderland0921

Mᴇᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡʜᴀʟᴇ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ, ᴍᴇᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴀ
Mᴇᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ɪɴ Cᴏɴᴇʏ Isʟᴀɴᴅ, ᴡᴇ'ʟʟ ɢᴏ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴀ
Sᴏ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴀsᴋ ᴍᴇ ɴᴏ ǫᴜᴇsᴛɪᴏɴs, 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄʀʏ ɴᴏ ᴡᴏʟꜰ
Bʏ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴜɪɴs ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ Fᴇʀʀɪs ᴡʜᴇᴇʟ, sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴅᴏᴜʙᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴜʀꜰ
Yᴏᴜ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ʜᴇ's Cʜʀɪsᴛ-ʟɪᴋᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇʀ ɪs ᴄʜɪʟᴅʟɪᴋᴇ
Sᴇᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰɪsʜ sᴡɪᴍᴍɪɴɢ ᴜᴘsᴛʀᴇᴀᴍ, ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʜɪʟʟs
Wᴀɴᴛ ɴᴏ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡʜᴀʟᴇ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ, ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅɴ'ᴛ ᴛᴇʟʟ
Mʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴀɪɴ'ᴛ Cʜʀɪsᴛ-ʟɪᴋᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇʀ ɪs ᴄʜɪʟᴅʟɪᴋᴇ
Hᴇ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄᴀʀᴇ ꜰᴏʀ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛʀʏ ɪɴ ʜɪs ᴛᴀᴛᴛᴇʀs ᴀɴᴅ ʀᴀɢs
As ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀɴᴅ ᴘʟᴀʏs ᴛʜᴇ ᴀɴᴛʜᴇᴍ, ʜᴇ ᴡʜɪsᴘᴇʀs, "Gᴏᴅ ʜᴀᴛᴇs ꜰʟᴀɢs"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 1:30 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Slug & Jiggers
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Mrs Heulwen
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Time for Potion shopping!
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Is it just like cooking?

As they walked to the shop, Declan listened to her explain the currency, noting each coin and their values. He was surprisingly good with math, so keeping up with the conversions should be pretty easy. He glanced at the bank when she indicated it, nodding a little absentmindedly. Walking into the potion shop with Nora, Declan was at first a little scared about what might be in this store. But he quickly warmed up to the shop, seeing nothing to be afraid of. Looking around the shop at different ingredients they sold and the different cauldrons and potion paraphernalia, he was starting to form an idea about what potion brewing was like. "Mrs. Heulwen, ma'am, is potion brewing kind of like cooking?" He liked cooking but it was another thing that his parents had looked down on him for enjoying. Stepping on his tip toes, he peered into the bottom of a large cauldron, but it appeared to be empty. "What kinds of potions are there?" he asked curiously. His 'knowledge' of potion brewing was witches boiling children for their stew and Declan knew that had to be the fearmongering of the church.

✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          Wᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ Wᴏɴᴅᴇʀʟᴀɴᴅ, ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴡᴇ ɢᴏ? Tʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴀ ᴛᴇᴀ ᴘᴀʀᴛʏ ᴀʟᴏɴɢ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴀᴅ
          Mᴀᴋᴇ ᴀɴ ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇʏ'ʟʟ sɪɴɢ ᴜs ᴀ sᴏɴɢ, ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀɴᴇᴀᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀs
          Lᴀᴜɢʜɪɴɢ 'ᴛɪʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ ᴄᴏᴍᴇs. Eᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇs ʜᴀs ᴀ ʜᴇᴀᴠʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ
          Oʜ, Wᴏɴᴅᴇʀʟᴀɴᴅ I ʟᴏᴠᴇ✮✩✮
          Nᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ʜᴇʀᴇ ɪs ᴏ̨ᴜɪᴛᴇ ᴀs ɪᴛ sᴇᴇᴍs, Nᴏᴛ sᴜʀᴇ ɪғ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ's ʀᴇᴀʟ ᴏʀ ᴀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ
          Aɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴛʜɪɴɢ sᴜʀᴇ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀᴛ, ɪs ᴛʜᴇ sᴏɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ᴏғ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ
          Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴛ ɪᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ✮✩✮
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮

Cinnabun Gryffie

AliceInWonderland0921

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:41 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Diagon Alley - Slugg & Jiggers
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Declan McNamara
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Governess Duties
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Potions Supplies

Nora was glad that Declan seemed to be taking in all this new knowledge pretty well. Some of the students seemed to struggle with a lot of the concepts she mentioned. As they walked into the Apothecary, the boy started looking around and investigating. His first question was one she'd heard before, but she still loved it. "Somewhat, yes. There's a precise recipe to follow, and once you've mastered the basics, some wizards, like my husband, Aeron, go into Potionmaking as a career. They work with existing potions to create new ones with unique abilities. It's a terribly fascinating field." She hummed softly, hoping her explanation worked well. If Aeron had been here, the poor boy would've gotten a thirty-minute rant.

Nora watched Declan investigate a large cauldron, before he asked what kinds of potions there were. "Oh, just about one of anything you could dream. I believe in your first year, Professor Winchester will discuss the Forgetfulness potion, Boil-Cure, and the Wiggenweld potion. Wiggenweld being a basic healing potion. It can help with minor wounds. Later on, you'll learn more efficient healing potions, and can even take a healing class if you choose." She loved these types of questions, and she really loved the enthusiasm Declan was offering.

{{Wearing :: Pretty Orange}}
AliceInWonderland0921

Mᴇᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡʜᴀʟᴇ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ, ᴍᴇᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴀ
Mᴇᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ɪɴ Cᴏɴᴇʏ Isʟᴀɴᴅ, ᴡᴇ'ʟʟ ɢᴏ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴀ
Sᴏ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴀsᴋ ᴍᴇ ɴᴏ ǫᴜᴇsᴛɪᴏɴs, 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄʀʏ ɴᴏ ᴡᴏʟꜰ
Bʏ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴜɪɴs ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ Fᴇʀʀɪs ᴡʜᴇᴇʟ, sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴅᴏᴜʙᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴜʀꜰ
Yᴏᴜ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ʜᴇ's Cʜʀɪsᴛ-ʟɪᴋᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇʀ ɪs ᴄʜɪʟᴅʟɪᴋᴇ
Sᴇᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰɪsʜ sᴡɪᴍᴍɪɴɢ ᴜᴘsᴛʀᴇᴀᴍ, ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʜɪʟʟs
Wᴀɴᴛ ɴᴏ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡʜᴀʟᴇ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ, ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅɴ'ᴛ ᴛᴇʟʟ
Mʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴀɪɴ'ᴛ Cʜʀɪsᴛ-ʟɪᴋᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇʀ ɪs ᴄʜɪʟᴅʟɪᴋᴇ
Hᴇ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄᴀʀᴇ ꜰᴏʀ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛʀʏ ɪɴ ʜɪs ᴛᴀᴛᴛᴇʀs ᴀɴᴅ ʀᴀɢs
As ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀɴᴅ ᴘʟᴀʏs ᴛʜᴇ ᴀɴᴛʜᴇᴍ, ʜᴇ ᴡʜɪsᴘᴇʀs, "Gᴏᴅ ʜᴀᴛᴇs ꜰʟᴀɢs"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:48 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Slug & Jiggers
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Mrs Heulwen
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Time for Potion shopping!
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Is it just like cooking?

Declan nodded thoughtfully as she explained the different kinds of potions, as well as the fact that her husband was a potion maker and that different kinds of potions were created frequently. He really perked up at the mention of a healing class. He was really fascinated with medicine and would often question the nurses at his mother's work when she was forced to bring him with her. His curiosity eventually brought him over to the display where they sold pre-made potions. He eagerly looked through the case and wanted to ask Nora questions about each potion, but he figured they were probably too busy to stand here all day and talk about potions. When he got to school, he'd read the potions textbook cover to cover, probably within the first week, based on how he consumed new information. With a little sigh, he left the potion cabinet and reaffirmed his dedication to their search. "Okay, first year potion kit and a cauldron," he said and then threw a wistful glance at the fancier cauldrons. Drawing the letter from his pocket, he looked it over again. "Then... maybe... the uniform?" This question was directed to Nora, whom Declan was peering up at with big starry eyes.

✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          Wᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ Wᴏɴᴅᴇʀʟᴀɴᴅ, ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴡᴇ ɢᴏ? Tʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴀ ᴛᴇᴀ ᴘᴀʀᴛʏ ᴀʟᴏɴɢ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴀᴅ
          Mᴀᴋᴇ ᴀɴ ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇʏ'ʟʟ sɪɴɢ ᴜs ᴀ sᴏɴɢ, ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀɴᴇᴀᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀs
          Lᴀᴜɢʜɪɴɢ 'ᴛɪʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ ᴄᴏᴍᴇs. Eᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇs ʜᴀs ᴀ ʜᴇᴀᴠʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ
          Oʜ, Wᴏɴᴅᴇʀʟᴀɴᴅ I ʟᴏᴠᴇ✮✩✮
          Nᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ʜᴇʀᴇ ɪs ᴏ̨ᴜɪᴛᴇ ᴀs ɪᴛ sᴇᴇᴍs, Nᴏᴛ sᴜʀᴇ ɪғ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ's ʀᴇᴀʟ ᴏʀ ᴀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ
          Aɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴛʜɪɴɢ sᴜʀᴇ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀᴛ, ɪs ᴛʜᴇ sᴏɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ᴏғ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ
          Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴛ ɪᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ✮✩✮
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮

Cinnabun Gryffie

AliceInWonderland0921

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items