Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Slug and Jigger's Apothecary~ Open *Now Hiring!* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MsKiwiness

Demonic Divorcee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:16 pm
User Image

Looking fine in:Grey / Thinking: Where the hell is that shop?

Alessandra handed over twenty five galleons. "Keep the change." She said to the guy. "London did you say that sounds interesting. Knockturn? Wheres that?" Alessandra said with a confused look on her face. "I really need to explore more around here rather staying at home with a good book even though i would rather read than party.. I'm not really a party person myself but my sister thinks partying is a good idea. Words that come out of a fifteen almost 16 year old is unbelievable I'm glad shes back at school. Know any good bookstores. I need some new reading material. I read all my stuff." Alessandra asked him wondering if he would know.

OOC: Free for interaction and help this lost one

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:20 pm
I said the joker is a wanted man,
He makes his way all across the land,
See him sifting through the sand,
So I'll tell you all the story,
About the joker and the thief of the night,

User Image XXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image

Loki grinned politely as he took her money and at her request deposited the change back into the register. At her confused looks and questions about London and Knocturn couple with her strange accent he had to assume that not only wasn't she from around here, she probably wasn't from Britain. So he could understand her confusion, when he had first moved here from experiencing years in Scotland and Haiti, England had felt like a giant maze that had not start or end points. He made an "Ah" sound as she admitted to not liking parties and just liked to stay home with a book and could get on board with that. Sometimes he liked to close up shop early on a slow day and go upstairs to his flat and just read through his potion manuals. He scoffed as she admitted to taking the advice of a teenager, especially a teenage girl, and was glad his sisters only took him out once when he moved to Britain. He could honestly say he had never gone to a club with Tassy and hopefully never would. It was just too creepy. "There's two good bookstores on this street actually. The well known one is Flourish and Blotts but Obscurus books is also rather good and it has a good section on classics." Loki said with a slight shrug. He'd only ever been inside Flourish so he could buy the potions textbooks and laugh.

mrs-lestrange

Quote:

Always laughing in the midst of power,
Always living in the final hour,
There is always sweet in the sour,
We are not goin' home

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

MsKiwiness

Demonic Divorcee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:40 pm
User Image

"I'm taking it your not from around here either by the way of your accent?" Alessandra asked him. "Obscurus books sounds like my type of bookstore I love the classic's. I did read that biography about Dumbledore by that Skeeter person, I never knew how much lies there was in one book. Madame Olympe Maxime was outrage when she read it." Alessandra said. "I wonder if I can find Hamlet dialogue. I love reading Shakespeare. Sorry I am mumbling again. " She said when she know she needs to stop doing that

OOC: Free for interaction.

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:00 pm

Loki gave her a quick grin as he ensured all the ingredients were packed securely before he quickly summoned a cauldron from the back and placed a featherweight charm on all of it to ease the young woman's burden. "No I'm not, I'm originally from Scotland." he answered nonchalantly. When she started in on Obscurus and the biography about Dumbledore and some skeet person he tried not to tune out if only to be polite. He had only heard of Dumbledore and not in the nicest way back at his old school in Haiti, but then again he had been studying grey magic at best and from what he understood the man had mainly focused on Light. And he didn't know who this Maxime woman was but she guessed she was rather important in her life. He waved away her apologies about mumbling to herself since he was guilty of doing it more times than he could count. "I'm sure you could, the owner looks like she seems the type to keep Shakespeare and the like." Loki then stacked her purchases placing the heavier objects like the cauldron and the box of ingredients on the bottom and the delicate vials on top and lightly pushed them towards her. "Well this is everything, have a nice day."

mrs-lestrange

Quote:

We are not goin' home

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

MsKiwiness

Demonic Divorcee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:29 pm
User Image

"Thanks for your help" She said flicked her wand to carry her gear out the door. "Your from Scotland. I'm from Lyon, France." Alessandra said as she headed out the door to go to the book store. "Again thanks for your help" She said as she closed the door behind her and went on her way

Exits to Obscurus books.

OOC: Free for interaction.

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:51 pm
User ImageUser Image

𝔄𝔀𝔒 𝟸𝟼 β₯½ 𝔓𝔬𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫𝔒𝔒𝔯 β₯Ό 𝔖𝔦𝔫𝔀𝔩𝔒

Tiffany walked into the apothecary she so often sent her sister to. She needed ingredients and Cydney wasn't at home, so it was her own responsibility. She wandered around, examining all the ingredients in awe. So many potions she could make! She looked at a few things, knowing her list by heart. She grabbed some asphodel, belladonna, boomslang skin, flubberworm mucous, and some runespoor eggs. The woman brought it to the counter, a smile on her face.

Yukina101

{OoC:}

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:05 pm

Loki was sitting behind the counter with the latest potion magazine flipping through the pages every so often and occasionally writing down a few tips or potions to try on his own. He smirked when he saw one of his undercover letters made its way back into the editorial choice section and had other readers asking about this mysterious female potioneer. It was rather funny. He saw a young woman walk in and paused in his perusal to give her a quick welcoming grin and nod but didn't attempt to get up from his spot. She looked like she knew where she was going plus from the way her eyes lit up she would definitely not want him hovering around. When she came to the counter he blinked a few times as he observed her. She looked really familiar, maybe he had seen her around the Alley or something. It was kinda weird. He shook his head and hoped he didn't creep the poor woman out by his random blinking before he started packing up the ingredients and mentally calculating the total. "Everything will be two galleons eight sickles and...I'm sorry, but do I know you from somewhere? You look really familiar." Loki finally broke down and asked.

Miss Gryffindork

Quote:

We are not goin' home

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:15 pm
User ImageUser Image

Tiffany nodded at his calculations, then drew her purse. She counted out the coins and gave them to him. He asked if they had met, and she shook her head, chuckling. "No, I don't think tho. I really don't come to Diagon often. You might know my thister, Cydney. I usually athk her to go out for me, because I work quite often. I'm Tiffany, by the way. Tiffany Adelwood." She hated her moments of slip when she tried to talk, half her words sounding like an eight year old with braces. Oh well. She vaguely wondered if he was the shop owner Cyd always spoke of, and if he was perhaps the reason it took her hours to deliver ingredients... the pest.

Yukina101

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:55 pm

Loki took the coins and when she mentioned Cydney he had to firmly resist the urge to smack himself in the face but didn't stop the groan from his lapse in intelligence. Of course she looked familiar, she looked just like her sister! Whom he has quickly become accustomed to seeing in the store...and above it. Her slight lisp made him pause for a few seconds mainly because it reminded him of how his sister had sounded when she had braces way back when she was a preteen. He used to make fun of her lisp and her gigantic retainer that she had to wear afterwards but he felt it wouldn't be gentlemanly to laugh at his customer. Especially a customer who was related to his...lady-friend? They hadn't really talked about how they would classify their relationship. He'd have to ask her the next time they met up. "I'm Lochland Ellis, but most just call me Loki. And yeah, I know Cyd. She mentions you every time she comes in. She also promised me a copy of your notes when you asked for lovage, Re'em blood, and erumpent horn, which I never got. So since I actually have the genius instead of the messenger, what did you end up using all of those for?" Loki asked curiously and slightly excited. The only person in his family who he could even remotely talk potions with was Nell and she was busy saving animals so he couldn't exactly bother her.

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

We are not goin' home

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:17 pm
User ImageUser Image

Tiff nodded, vowing to remember this fellow's name. Lochland "Loki" Ellis. That sounded nice, though not entirely British. His accent sounded like something out of Scotland, or perhaps Ireland, but it certainly had a non-British tone. She grinned when he said her sister mentioned her frequently. She was about to reply, when he mentioned her notes. "Cydney promised you my noteth? That'th... bizarre. Well, the Re'em blood was for a potion I'm working on, one that will, hopefully imbibe the drinker with exacthly enough sthrength to overcome illness. The Lovage wath for a befuddlement draught, and the Erumpent Horn hathn't been uthed yet. I'm working on it. Why do you athk?" She grinned, feeling a bit excited at the fact of his curiosity. It was rare to have people want to pick her mind, particularly after calling her a genius. Tiff could see why her sister liked it here. The shopkeep was very kind!

Yukina101

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:05 pm

Loki listened avidly as she spoke of the uses of the ingredients she purchases making the right "aha" sounds for each potion. He found her potion with the re'em blood fascinating and wondered if she could somehow come up with an alternative to the pepper-up potion, which he honestly hated. The steam made his tinnitus act up like crazy. When she asked his opinion on the erumpent horn he had to think about it seeing as there wasn't much one could do with the horn besides use it in the Erumpent Potion which he was assuming she wasn't going for. "Well, if I was going to experiment, instead of using the fluid from the horn, I would drain it, dry it, and maybe crush it to see if the powder diminishes or increases its corrosive properties." he admitted with a light shrug.

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

We are not goin' home

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:19 pm
User ImageUser Image

Tiffany pondered a moment, glad that the man was actually listening, rather than zoning out. That was refreshing. He mentioned draining the fluid and trying to crush the horn, and she tapped her chin. "You sound like a mad thsientist, Loki! What would I use to crush the horn that would neither destroy the horn nor the object? That's where my new problem theems to lie." She didn't want to use explosive magic, as that would probably blow up in her face... literally. "And if I can get it to crush properly, just how would I go about tethting it? Most of the tests I know of would cause mathive explosionsh. I don't think my landlady would be happy." She tapped her fingertips on the counter, wondering just how to plan this all so it wouldn't end badly.
Yukina101

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:55 pm

Loki laughed loudly as Tiffany compared him to a mad scientist which he supposed he kind of was. At her question he hummed as he thought of something that was strong enough to crush erumpent horn while not being destroyed itself. "What if...what if you don't use an object but a potion? Something that'll dissolve the horn and when you strain it out all you'd be left with is either crushed pieces or powder?" he suggested animatedly. It would be slightly difficult to either find or create a potion like that but it would just be part of the fun. "As for testing it, I suggest placing maybe a ward or a slightly permeable bubble charm around the test sight so that it contains whatever explosions might happen." Damn, now he wanted to try this out. Maybe he could skip usual brewing tonight and get right to the experimenting.

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

We are not goin' home

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:39 pm
User ImageUser Image

Tiffany chuckled at the man's suggestion to dissolve the horn. She hadn't thought of that, honestly, and it seemed overly risky. "Now you theem to be living up to your name. Loki. God of Chaoth in North Mythology! That seems to be a very rethky idea. I'd be afraid the horn'th powder would.... would blend with the potion and create thome thort of thuper ecthplothive! That might not be helpful!" She chuckled to herself, pondering the idea of a super explosive. What would it even be used for? He spoke about charms and wards she could use to protect herself... and others, and she nodded along, pondering. Could that work? Could she make a ward strong enough? Maybe she'd have to ask for assistance on that. "I could try that. I might need help from thomeone with more magical thkill than I can provide. My talent pretty much ends with potions." Maybe she'd see about a place to try this... away from her house. No need making herself homeless for the sake of an experiment, after all.

Yukina101

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:18 pm

Loki grinned widely showing all his teeth before bursting out into another round of laughter as Tiffany told him he was living up to his namesake. If she only knew the real reason he went by Loki. When she also brought up the idea that the powder would accidentally mix in with the potion he hummed not having thought of that possibility. "You're probably right about that. Maybe in the process of being dried the horn would become brittle and thus easier to break?" he offered with a slight shrug of his shoulders. When the woman admitted to needing help with these experiments he made a dramatic flourish with his hands and took a bow with an imaginary tip of his hat. "Well if you ever need the help please don't hesitate to ask. Cyd has all of my contact info so she can pass it by you." he offered with a charismatic grin.

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

We are not goin' home

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers