Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Slug and Jigger's Apothecary~ Open *Now Hiring!* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:55 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxDiagon Alley
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxLyre
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxGrumpy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

wнaт e l ѕ e ѕнoυld ι в e ? all ap o l ogιeѕ xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          wнaт e l ѕ e coυld ι ѕ a y ? every o n e ιѕ g a y xxxxxxxxx
                                                          wнaт e l ѕ e coυld ι w r ι т e ? ι don'т н a v e тнe r ι g н т xxxxxx
                                                          wнaт e l ѕ e ѕнoυld ι в e ? all ap o l ogιeѕ xxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceVince narrowed his eyes at Lyre as if trying to catch some hint of a tell. But, of course, he didn't know her well enough (or at all, really) to notice if she did have one. "James mostly just talked about the school," he answered after a pause, tone fraught with skepticism, "and Quidditch. Wouldn't shut up about that, actually." He rolled his eyes slightly; the whole conversation had gotten totally derailed once James had gotten on that topic. Made sense, Vince figured, because from what he'd been told (and observed), James wasn't the smartest guy, and probably hadn't been very studious in his youth. Add in the fact that he was a professional Quiddich player, and captain of a team at that, it made sense that he'd rambled on about the sport. Which wouldn't have been so bad, except Vince wanted to know about the bloody school, and could honestly care less about sports in general. As basic knowledge, it was interesting, but he didn't want to play and there had been more important tasks at hand. Plus, he'd wanted the whole interaction over with, so getting sidetracked on an extraneous topic had been irritating.

spaceAgain, his eyes narrowed, looking Lyre up and down as if he'd see her blinking or tapping her thigh or some other obvious sort of tell. Nothing, of course. "Owls? Seriously?" he asked, still not quite believing her. Though, Lyre didn't seem like the sort of person who'd make things like that up just to get a laugh out of it when he believed her. Andi had said that Lyre seemed 'very nice' which was code for 'easily manipulated' in the youngest Masters child's vocabulary. Easily manipulated people weren't usually great liars.

spaceHe grit his teeth when she mentioned the publishing house, having to fight not to sarcastically comment that, yes, he'd figured that much out, seeing as how James had said they would 'floo to Lyre's work' to get to Diagon, and the place they'd arrived at was obviously a publishing house. The woman was trying to make this a relatively painless experience for him. Not her fault if she didn't know it was impossible. He simply nodded, hands shoved into his pockets, fiddling with a bit of loose thread he found at the bottom of the left one. "Yeah, I like to read," he said simply. It wasn't like he could tell her what he liked to read, since the answer was basically 'everything.' Well, except his Mum's trashy novels, but he figured no one would expect a kid his age, and a boy in particular, to have any interest in those. Personally, he found them skeevy as hell.

spaceThe apparent owner of the shop appeared, chatting with Lyre a bit. The preteen watched the pair rib each other; he'd known Lyre said she knew the guy, but they seemed actually close. Not just acquaintances, then. That was... okay, so that helped a little. He didn't know Lyre well, but he'd spent a little time with her and she was nice. So anyone she was on decent terms with was probably somewhat okay of a person, he figured. Lyre introduced him, and explained their relation, so he figured he didn't really need to say anything. So instead, he just gave a small wave, slouching slightly. The woman was far too chipper. It was unnerving to see someone in such a good mood. Was she like this all the time? How did she even manage the energy for that?

╚════════════════════════════════════════════

xxx ι w ι ѕ н ι waѕ lιĸe y o υ - eaѕιly a м υ ѕ e d
                                                          xxxxxx ғιnd мy n e ѕ т oғ ѕ a l т - every т н ι n g ' ѕ мy ғ a υ l т
                                                          xxxxxxxxx ι'll тaĸe a l l тнe в l a м e - aqυa ѕeaғoaм ѕ н a м e
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx ѕυnвυrn wιтн ғreeze в υ r n - cнoĸιng on тнe a ѕ н e ѕ oғ нer e n e м y

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Miss GryffindorK

Yukina101

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:33 pm
I said the joker is a wanted man,
He makes his way all across the land,
See him sifting through the sand,
So I'll tell you all the story,
About the joker and the thief of the night,

User Image
User Image

Loki made a soft "aha" noise as Lyre explained who exactly Vince was and why she was showing him around the alley. The surprise practice had also unbalanced a few of his day's plans as well since Cyd was supposed to have been home or at least look after Lia while Londy, thankfully, was out to a birthday party and wouldn't need picking up until later. His daughter however was upstairs taking a well needed nap. He rolled his eyes at the short redhead's depreciating talk about her magic and poked her in the forehead. "It's not really being better at magic, more that I do that ruddy charm basically every day. Talk bad about yourself again and I'll charm your pen to only write in spelling mistakes." He'd do it to and brave whatever brunt he'd face with James with a ready cackle, though he'd probably run and hide if she tattled on him to her boss. Gearvin Whitethorne was one scary sonofabitch when annoyed. He tried not to stare at the kid too much since he looked uncomfortable. He was quiet that's for damn sure which was a vast improvement over all his other student shoppers. So he mentally shrugged and figured that if he wanted to talk or ask him questions he'd do so on his own terms. Loki made sure there was space between him and the others before clearly stating, "Accio first year kit," and waited patiently for a large container to come zooming towards him which he deftly caught and placed on the counter and began to open. "So this little beauty is something I came up with a few years ago. Instead of having to search for every little thing upcoming students needed, it's already been put into a box ready for purchase. You have your basic ingredient kit, collapsible cauldron, stone cauldron, stirring rods, vials, timer, and brass scale." He made sure to pull each item from the box and show them to the young man before placing them neatly back in their place. "So for everything along with the firstie discount, it comes out to...ten galleons even." Loki informed them packaging everything up and redoing the lightning charm.

Miss GryffindorK

Cara MiaKitty

Always laughing in the midst of power,
Always living in the final hour,
There is always sweet in the sour,
We are not goin' home

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:10 pm
User ImageUser Image
𝐸𝒹𝒾𝓉𝑜𝓇 𝒶𝓉 𝒲𝒽𝒾𝓏𝓏 𝐻𝒶𝓇𝒹 𝐵𝑜𝑜𝓀𝓈
𝑀𝒶𝓇𝓇𝒾𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝑜 𝒥𝒶𝓂𝑒𝓈 𝑀𝒶𝓈𝓉𝑒𝓇𝓈
𝑅𝒶𝓋𝑒𝓃𝒸𝓁𝒶𝓌 𝒜𝓁𝓊𝓂𝓃𝓊𝓈
𝒩𝑒𝓌 𝑀𝑜𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇

════════════════

Lyre chuckled when Vince mentioned James talked about quidditch incessantly. Of course he did. He was a sporty boy through and through. "Yea, he tends to get carried away about quidditch. Though, the school itself is a wonderful topic. When we go get your books, we'll get a copy of Hogwarts, A History. It's a wonderful book that'll tell you all about the school, the grounds, famous people... and even a bit about the magic that makes it all work. A wonderful read, really." If James got carried away about quidditch, her vice was certainly literature.

At Vince's look of disbelief, then his comment about owls, Lyre chuckled a bit. "Yes, seriously. I used to have an owl, but when I moved to the states, I had to sell him. One of our friends, Milo, actually owns the owl shop on the alley. If you need to know anything about the post or how owls deliver stuff, he's your guy. Though you don't have to get an owl. There are a lot of pets you can get as a first year, or you can opt to go without a pet. It's up to you." She nodded, looking thoughtful. She wondered what had become of her owl, but decided not to worry herself too much. It wasn't until he said he liked to read that she really looked excited. "Any particular genre, or whatever you can get your hands on? Oooh! I'll have to show you my library when we get back to our place. You're more than welcome to borrow anything that looks good!" Oooh if he loved books anywhere near as much as she, the woman figured she'd just made the ultimate connection.

At the shop, after telling Loki he was better at magic, he promptly told her it was more a matter of practice, than told her not to talk poorly of herself... or he'd mutilate her pens?! Oh no! A look of genuine horror touched the redhead's face, knowing it'd be difficult for her to undo any charms that would be done. "W-well, I was simply saying, you know, because you do get more practice on spells. I very seldom do magic." So far, she'd managed to avoid telling Vince she'd dropped out of Hogwarts as a fifth year, so she played humble. Luckily, humility came easily to her. Stepping away a bit, Loki called over a first year kit. It was something of his design? It was very helpful, indeed! He showed off everything inside, then put a lightening charm over it all. Ten Galleons? That was much cheaper than expected. "Wonderful, thank you, Loki. Here's... ten, you said? Yes, Ten Galleons for you. Vince, do you want to go to the bookstore next? Or maybe to get your robes? Or... what else... any pets we can do last... erm... Oh! Your wand! How could I forget?" Thank the lord she still had ten years before she had to do this with her own daughter. It was bad enough with someone that didn't know her. Well, at least she could try and make it up to him somehow. Maybe with ice cream or something....

Cara MiaKitty

Yukina101

Wʜᴇʀᴇ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴍᴇɴ ɢᴏɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴅs?
Wʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴛʜᴇ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛ-ᴡɪsᴇ Hᴇʀᴄᴜʟᴇs ᴛᴏ ғɪɢʜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪsɪɴɢ ᴏᴅᴅs?
Isɴ'ᴛ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀ ᴡʜɪᴛᴇ ᴋɴɪɢʜᴛ ᴜᴘᴏɴ ᴀ ғɪᴇʀʏ sᴛᴇᴇᴅ?
Lᴀᴛᴇ ᴀᴛ ɴɪɢʜᴛ I ᴛᴏss ᴀɴᴅ I ᴛᴜʀɴ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ ᴏғ ᴡʜᴀᴛ I ɴᴇᴇᴅ
I ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴀ ʜᴇʀᴏ! I'ᴍ ʜᴏʟᴅɪɴɢ ᴏᴜᴛ ғᴏʀ ᴀ ʜᴇʀᴏ 'ᴛɪʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛ
Hᴇ's ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ ʙᴇ sᴛʀᴏɴɢᴀ ɴᴅ ʜᴇ's ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ ʙᴇ ғᴀsᴛ
Aɴᴅ ʜᴇ's ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ ʙᴇ ғʀᴇsʜ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ғɪɢʜᴛ
I ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴀ ʜᴇʀᴏ! I'ᴍ ʜᴏʟᴅɪɴɢ ᴏᴜᴛ ғᴏʀ ᴀ ʜᴇʀᴏ 'ᴛɪʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ ʟɪɢʜᴛ
Hᴇ's ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ ʙᴇ sᴜʀᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɪᴛ's ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ ʙᴇ sᴏᴏɴ
Aɴᴅ ʜᴇ's ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ ʙᴇ ʟᴀʀɢᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ʟɪғᴇ!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:13 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxDiagon Alley
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxLyre
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxGrumpy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

wнaт e l ѕ e ѕнoυld ι в e ? all ap o l ogιeѕ xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          wнaт e l ѕ e coυld ι ѕ a y ? every o n e ιѕ g a y xxxxxxxxx
                                                          wнaт e l ѕ e coυld ι w r ι т e ? ι don'т н a v e тнe r ι g н т xxxxxx
                                                          wнaт e l ѕ e ѕнoυld ι в e ? all ap o l ogιeѕ xxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceVince made a mental note about the book she'd mentioned, and about the owls. "If I need one for mail, I should get one, right?" he asked. His curiosity was at odds with his desire to talk to as few people as possible. He wasn't particularly interested in meeting a person who was to owls what his cousin was to Quidditch. That would probably get annoying. But he supposed the man might have some book recommendations on the subject. If he could get away with just getting the books, he'd be fine. Another, related thought made him pause. "I dunno, I feel like my parents might get annoyed if I had an owl. The magic thing is weird for them. An owl might be too much." He also wasn't sure they'd signed off on the whole pet thing. Other than the family dog, and the horse his twin siblings shared, they weren't really a pet family. "Did James even ask if I'm allowed a pet? he asked with a frown.

spaceHe grit his teeth when she did exactly what he'd feared, and asked what he liked to read. But, before he could get too annoyed, she completed the question asking if he just liked to read, period. Most people didn't ask that. It was sort of refreshing. And... she was offering to share her library, which was nice? Still, he made a face. "You don't own a bunch of, you know. Uh. Romance-type stuff. Right?" He wanted to specify that he didn't mean romantic books period. He didn't mind those. It was the racy novels with the not-suitable-for-children scenes he didn't like. "Just, I, um. I like reading pretty much anything except that. Uh. You know. Stuff where they... you know." He blushed crimson, feeling even his ears heat up. He shouldn't have even known what he was talking about, to be honest, but one day he'd gotten bored, and had run out of books of his own to read. His older siblings tended to watch their collections much more carefully than his mother watched hers. After several failed attempts to 'borrow' a sci-fi novel from Robert, he'd relented and snatched one of his mother's books from her shelves in the living room. It'd looked like a historical novel. It had not been a historical novel. At all.

spaceHe was thankful for Loki's presence suddenly, though the odd interaction between the pair regarding Lyre's magic usage made him pause. What was up with that? Was she really that bad at magic, that she elected not to use it? Not like he saw himself becoming the sort of person who used it for everything, but it had to be handy, right? Why would she ask someone else to do a charm rather than doing it herself? If she was really that bad, how had she graduated? He was pulled from his thoughts by her questions about the next stop, and shook his head faintly. "Oh, uh. I don't know, doesn't really matter? Normally I'd say I don't want to carry stuff, but if you can just magically make things light so they're not too heavy to carry around, it doesn't really matter." He frowned; none of it sounded exceptionally interesting to him, except the books. The wand was cool in theory, but if he couldn't use it until school, what did it matter when he got it?

╚════════════════════════════════════════════

xxx ι w ι ѕ н ι waѕ lιĸe y o υ - eaѕιly a м υ ѕ e d
                                                          xxxxxx ғιnd мy n e ѕ т oғ ѕ a l т - every т н ι n g ' ѕ мy ғ a υ l т
                                                          xxxxxxxxx ι'll тaĸe a l l тнe в l a м e - aqυa ѕeaғoaм ѕ н a м e
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx ѕυnвυrn wιтн ғreeze в υ r n - cнoĸιng on тнe a ѕ н e ѕ oғ нer e n e м y

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Miss GryffindorK

Yukina101

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:46 pm
Saio Mio Ukida
Fifth Year Hufflepuff Prefect
Adopted ☼ Half-blood

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Wearing: Summer Polka Dots
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Slug & Jigger's Apothecary

The year was the year, the year Tsubaki would finally be heading off for her first year at Hogwarts. While Saio was happy for her younger sister she wasn’t sure how it would go for the girl. She had an attitude. No doubt about it. Today would be the true test of it. Since today they’d both be going school shopping. The dark haired girl was quick to follow her older sister out of the house and to Diagon Alley. Though, she wanted to get her wand something told her it would have to wait. She hated waiting.

“Why can’t we get my wand now?” Tsubaki asked as she followed her sister. “Because, then you won’t want to do anything else.” Saio replied walking along. “Seriously I’m not a child…” She replied folding her arms. “I’m not saying you are. Now stay close I don’t want to lose you. Aunt Helen and Uncle Aeron would have a fit if you disappeared.” She told her younger sister. Tsubaki scowled at Saio for a moment. “I doubt that...” She muttered with a dramatic eye roll. “Come on we’ll go to the potions shop.”

It was the only thing Saio could think of that would get Tsubaki to take a chill pill. Entering the shop Tsubaki strolled around. Saio was beginning to think that her sister would never be pleased with her like ever. “Mum was a potioneer...” She decided to speak up. “I know that.” Tsubaki answered as if the statement was made to insult her. “I know you do.” Saio replied with a sigh. So much for trying...

With: Each other...

Tsubaki Natsumi Yuko
First Year Unsorted
Pureblood
Parselmouth

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Wearing: Summer Shopping
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

OOC: ---

Red Hot Missy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:46 pm
User Image
                                                                Hope that you spend your days,
                                                                But they all add up
                                                                And when that sun goes down,
                                                                Hope you raise your cup
                                                                Oh, I wish that I could witness
                                                                All your joy and all your pain
                                                                But until my moment comes, I'll say...

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Where am I? Slugg and Jiggers
                                                                Who am I with? Saio, Tsubaki, Mayo
                                                                What am I doing? Avoiding my aunt a bit
                                                                What am I thinking? Well, maybe I won't die of embarrassment here...
                                                                What am I wearing? School Shopping

Kazu sighed as he tried not to roll his eyes at his aunt. Mayu was hinting that she might have found someone, and she was also hinting about moving back to Japan. Both things that Kazu was slightly confused about why she was including him into the conversation, until he realized that meant that she'd be making him move to Japan as well. Not that he had anything against the country, but his parents had moved to England in the first place, and they had seemed happy here for quite some time. He just didn't know why she was so adamant about moving, unless his grandparents were trying to pressure her into marrying. Which, to be honest, wasn't that far out of the question considering they were both pretty traditional from everything Kazu had heard.

As it was, his aunt was speaking to him about getting him into Japanese classes to help him perfect his writing. It wasn't that he was bad at it, he just wasn't all that great. "Hai, hai, obasan. We need to work on my kanji." Not like he hadn't done that for quite some time over the last five years. He swore that his aunt was being a perfectionist, and that he'd gone through many a brush over the past years to make him almost hate writing with them. Honestly, he'd prefer a pen, pencil, or quill any day at this rate over a brush. They entered the shop and his eyes spied Saio talking with... Huh, wasn't that her sister with her? "Obasan, I see someone from school and I want to say hi, if that's okay?"

His aunt cast a look around the shop and spied Saio, and then gave Kazu a knowing look that caused him to start blushing. Really, if his aunt was suddenly going to play matchmaker, he was going to jump off a flying broom. "All right, but remember the rules. No dating until after school."

Kazu blushed harder at that comment, and he had to duck his head. Escaping his aunt's quiet giggles, he made his way over, trying to get his face to stop feeling like it was on fire and instead failing. "Ohayoo Saio-san, Yuko-chan. Getting school supplies?" Maybe if they didn't pay that much attention to his face, they wouldn't notice the blush. Then again, maybe pigs could fly and his aunt would leave him alone for a week about his Japanese lessons. It amounted to about the same thing.

OOC:

I did it all
                                                                I owned every second
                                                                That this world could give
                                                                I saw so many places,
                                                                The things that I did
                                                                With every broken bone,
                                                                I swear I lived

murruelecreuset

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Peoplewatcher 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:54 pm
Saio Mio Ukida
Fifth Year Hufflepuff Prefect
Adopted ☼ Half-blood

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Wearing: Summer Polka Dots
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Slug & Jigger's Apothecary

Saio turned her head to Kazu when she heard him speak. Her face instantly broke into a smile. She hadn’t seen him all summer. “Ohayoo Kazu-san, we sure are. Isn’t that right Tsubaki?” The Hufflepuff replied as she looked to her younger sister. “Hai,” Tsubaki replied eyeing the older boy. Was his face red? Saio didn’t seem to notice. “Is he your boyfriend?” The young girl asked looking to her older sister. “No!” Saio’s replied abruptly, her face flushing a bright red. “He is not my boyfriend.” She added as if that would help.

“Right…” Tsubaki had her doubts about her sister. “Tsubaki this is Kimura Kazuki… he’s a friend of mine.” Saio told her in attempts to change the subject to anything but what it was. The dark haired girl looked from her sister to her sister’s ‘friend’. “Kimura-senpai, are you sure you aren’t her boyfriend?” Tsubaki questioned him. So much for getting off topic… Saio serious wished her sister would drop it but then again she’d been going on about it all summer. “Ignore her please… I see you’re with your Aunt.” She commented. "Getting school supplies too?" She asked. Tsubaki narrowed her eyes at her sister. There was no way she wanted to be ignored for the rest of the day because a friend showed up.

With: Each other... Kazu

Tsubaki Natsumi Yuko
First Year Unsorted
Pureblood
Parselmouth

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Wearing: Summer Shopping
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

OOC: ---

Red Hot Missy

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:34 pm
User ImagexxxxxxxS A M U E LxxxR E E DxxxM A R P L Exxxxxxxxxxx

xx| xxH O G W A R T S xx A L U M N U S xx| x
        xx|xx R A V E N C L A Wxx|xxx |xx M U G G L E B O R N xx|xx
        xx|xxxM O R M O Nxxx| x
        xx

The door came open abruptly and with zeal, and in stumbled a panting, eager-looking Sam. Dusk was falling, turning the outdoors a sort of orange-grey sepia. He was fresh off his shift, and wasn't sure how much time he had before the apothecary closed, but he was determined to look for some Occamy shell. None of the other stores had it, and Sam was beginning to think he'd have to go to India and track one of the beasts back to its nest. That or give up on attempting felix felicis. He pulled at his clothes, still not used to the feel of his garments under his t-shirt. His endowment already felt like forever ago, but their crisp texture was a reminder of their newness, of his immaturity in the endowed life. It kept him humble, and reminded him not only of his young state but also his inadequacies (or so he thought of them). Really, he was a talented young man with a lot to learn before he mastered anything, as he should be.

The rows upon rows of jars and phials made Sam think back to the Hogwarts storerooms. His professor was grateful for a curious and careful student like Sam, and had granted him access (with supervision) to the bits and makings. Now, he and Sam still kept in touch, relating to each other by owl their successes and mishaps, sharing friendly tips and theorizing about ways to make certain draughts more efficient. Sam picked up a set of crystal phials, asking himself if it was worth the extra couple galleons to replace the aging set he had at home. Not wanting to go through the hassle of smuggling them past his parents, he put them back. It was hard enough for them to accept that he worked at Diagon instead of at some "respectable normal person job." Add in the argument he'd had about using the fireplace instead of taking the train, and Sam was in deep water with his dad. Oscar was a kind man and a well-meaning father, and he'd long put away his protests to any and all magic, but there was still tension. "Witchcraft," as he referred to magic as a whole, "has not in the past had a good reputation, and it's best to refrain from the appearance of evil." "Ha," said Sam aloud, surprising himself. I sure am evil, he thought, less aloud.

Caelitus mihi vires
                                Deo adjuvante non timendum
                                In perpetuum
                                Dirige nos domine
                                Ad augusta per angusta
                                Sic itur ad astra
                                Excelsior

Diamond Wales

Firepaw_is_my_name

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 6:52 pm
User Image
                                                  In the end
                                                  As you fade into the night
                                                  Who will tell the story of your life
                                                  And who will remember your last goodbye
                                                  'Cause it's the end and I'm not afraid
                                                  I'm not afraid to die.

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Bʀᴏᴏᴅɪɴɢ Pʀᴇᴛᴛʏʙᴏʏ || Hᴀʟꜰʙʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Mordred walked into the shop, already feeling like he'd retch from the smell, but he honestly needed to just grab a potion and go. He'd woken up the other day and discovered that his head felt like it was five times larger than it actually was. Which, considering the changing seasons, only made sense as it was the beginning of fall. Honestly, he wondered if he should also get some vitamin c tablets too, because if nothing else, it couldn't hurt his cold any. Right now, he was just trying to get rid of the swollen feeling of his head and face and a pepperup potion should take care of it quite nicely if he recalled.

Sighing, he approached the aisle with the potions and looked them over, reading each one carefully before he came across the potion. Jackpot! Picking it up, he sniffed rather loudly and refrained from wiping his nose on his sleeve. It wasn't likely to do anything but cause a mess, and he wiped it instead on a piece of tissue before he made his way up front. As he passed by a display, he frowned. While it wasn't common for him to see anyone from school out and about, he did have to admit that seeing one of his old dormmates was less common than most. After all, Rhys had bordered on antisocial, he himself had deigned to talk to those he felt were more deserving of his presence, and he was certain that Sam had kept to himself more or less. Deciding to be at least courteous, he walked up and tried not to sniff again as he greeted the other Ravenclaw.
                                                  "Samuel Marple. What are you doing here? I haven't seen you since graduation." Definitely had to finish buying the potion, and possibly grab some more doses while he was at it. He sounded like his nose and mouth were halfway filled with cotton, and he hated the feeling his head was giving him.

════════════════════════

Thinking: I should really take some pepperup right about now...
                                                  OOC:

-◬-

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Born a saint
                                                  But with every sin I still wanna be holy
                                                  I will live again
                                                  Who we are
                                                  Isn't how we live we are more than our bodies
                                                  If I fall I will rise back up and relive my glory

Firepaw_is_my_name

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 11:51 am
User ImagexxxxxxxS A M U E LxxxR E E DxxxM A R P L Exxxxxxxxxxx

xx| xxH O G W A R T S xx A L U M N U S xx| x
        xx|xx R A V E N C L A Wxx|xxx |xx M U G G L E B O R N xx|xx
        xx|xxxM O R M O Nxxx| x
        xx

Sam scanned the exotic ingredients, losing hope by the minute. It didn't appear that there was any more occamy shell here than there was in his mother's spice cupboard. While it was disappointing to have to wait longer to start brewing, Sam resolved to write a letter to his old professor to request what he needed or at least ask where he might find some. He was just turning to leave when no one but Mordred Sefton appeared, looking a little rough around the edges. Sam had figured that working in Diagon would warrant him a few unplanned encounters with old acquaintances, but his old dormie, and within a week of starting work! The Marple family had a framed image in their home that read 'There are no coincidences.' Sam believed it. He smiled at his friend- well, at least that's how Sam thought of him. That's how he thought of most people, even if they never really bonded. As long as people were nice-ish and didn't shun Sam for what he believed, he was as friendly as a ferret. Mordred sounded congested, unfortunately, and Sam's empathy kicked in. No one liked to be sick, not even when magic could enhance the healing process.

"Yeah, it's been a while," he agreed. "I'm just looking for some brewing ingredients." He wasn't going to say more about his purposes, but something about Mordred's apparent illness and the fact that they'd shared a room for seven years guilt-tripped Sam into spilling all the beans. "Occamy shell, actually. Have you any idea where they might sell any? I've been everywhere and I'm starting to think you need liquid luck to find the ingredients for liquid luck." He scratched his head, wondering if Mordred really even cared about his old classmate's forays into the world of advanced potion making. Then he nearly smacked himself for being rude. "How have you been? You seem a little under the weather, is there anything I can help with? What are you up to these days?" Sam was surprised at himself, he usually didn't talk so much. So much was happening lately though that he'd apparently become a social butterfly. He scrunched his eyebrows together and hoped Mordred understood that he hadn't meant to barrage him with questions.

Caelitus mihi vires
                                Deo adjuvante non timendum
                                In perpetuum
                                Dirige nos domine
                                Ad augusta per angusta
                                Sic itur ad astra
                                Excelsior

Diamond Wales

Firepaw_is_my_name

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:54 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Leah Ruby League
Unsorted First Year
Eleven Year Old - Pureblood - Dancer
Younger Sister

Location : Slug & Jigger's Apothecary

Leah was starting school this year and like all up and coming first years she was going shopping. Leo had insisted it be a family affair even though David had already planned to take Leah himself. Although Leah wouldn’t have minded the solo time with her brother, she was okay with Leo coming along. Luckily they didn’t have Christopher or Jessica to worry about since Mira had decided to steal them away for the afternoon.

Heading to the potions shop, Leah was still having a bit of a dissatisfied fit. Walking past the pet store certainly didn’t help. “I still don’t see why I can’t have a cat. Cathy would let me have one.” She said folding her arms in front of her as she walked. “Leo’s allergic to cats Leah.” David replied frowning slightly. It was probably the third time he’d said it although it felt like the hundredth. “You’ll be getting an owl though. That way you can write home and tell us all about how school is going.” Leo added into the conversation. She was always the positive type. “Fine…” Leah looked between the two shaking her head lightly.

Leah wasn’t going to let the cat thing go. She even had a shirt on that screamed “I wanted a cat but couldn’t have one”. Course she had the shirt long before the whole wanting a cat. She supposed an owl wouldn’t be terrible. She liked Annabelle at least. She was a good owl so another one in the house wouldn’t hurt she supposed. With a sigh she walked into the potions shop. What all did she need from here again? She was pretty sure she had some idea. It also helped that her brother had the list.

With : My Brother & Leo

Attire : Cat skull t-s**t & shorts

OOC : - - -

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:13 am
                                              Summer 2038xxx
                                              space(☿) Lυcιєη Mαякσν
                                              spxxxxxxxxxce PurebloodUnsorted First YearDancer

spaceThe world is spinning too fast, I'm buying lead Nike shoes
                                              spaceTo keep myself tethered, to the days I try to lose
                                              spaceMy mama said to slow down: You must make your own shoes
                                              spaceStop dancing to the music of Gorillaz in a happy mood
                                              spaceKeeping my groove on, bay do de bop

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Do tekh por poka eto ne kot, ya krut s nim."(1)

Those were the first words Lucien spoke audibly the moment he walked in the store with his father Gregori, who was twenty-seven years old and maybe could have passed as "a brother with a younger sibling who was born late". But, Lucien was aware of that. On the other hand, Lucien felt like Aunt Basil will just argue with him when it comes to cats, but he just really hates them because they got, like, three. If they got another addition, Lucien would be calling it a total riot and would wonder how his dad was still okay with it.

"I never said that we're buying a cat." Gregori dryly told him with an Irish accent, eyebrow raised, "You're just olagonin' because you don't like that smell your aunt makes when she's brewin' potions. Or the fact that we're saving the wand thing for the last." In translation, Lucien's dad probably was telling him to deal with it- that or maybe his dad just didn't feel his only son's lament. Boo.

Lucien then leave his dad alone to let him buy the kit, since he assumed that it wasn't going to take that long anyway. Taking off his cap, Lucien hummed a tune of a song's bass line when he looked around to see some... disgusting stuff. But then, he never has the mood to visit Aunt Basil's potion room, so he had no idea what she does in there. He then accidentally bumped into a girl on the shoulder, a girl who looked like she listened to Evanescence- something Uncle Dimitri used to listen (according to Uncle Gelo, that is). "Sorry, mate." Lucien apologized, speaking with the Irish Galway accent, "So... here to gather potion stuff?" Yes, he was very aware of the presence of a couple: the woman looked okay, but the man looked like one of those English poshes. Not that he was going to judge him, maybe the posh guy was nice on the inside.

spaceHere you go, get the cool- get the cool shoeshine!
                                              spaceThere's a monkey in the jungle watching a vapour trail
                                              spaceCaught up in the conflict between its brain and his tail
                                              spaceAnd if time's an elimination then we got nothing to lose
                                              spacePlease repeat the message: It's the music that we choose

with [his dad, Leah] at [S&J Potions]
                                              ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                              SIGNATURE SONG 】-【 ATTIRE 】-【 PERSONAL FILES

OOC xxx
                                              ((1. Lucien : "As long as it's not a cat, I'm cool with it." ))

murruelecreuset

Quote:

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:26 am
Just a small town girl, livin' in a lonely world
She took the midnight train goin' anywhere
Just a city boy, born and raised in South Detroit
He took the midnight train goin' anywhere
A singer in a smokey room
The smell of wine and cheap perfume

cadence
bea
gregory

halfblood │ unsorted │ first year

"I coulda done this all by myself," Cady felt the need to point out poutingly as they entered the apothecary. "I know where everythin' is." It wasn't that she minded Riley's company, she just wanted to make the point all the same. It seemed a little ridiculous that on this day of all days, Da insisted on her not being unchaperoned. He probably just didn't want to look like s**t in front of the other shop owners, she thought, a bit indignantly, not that he usually cared what anyone thought.

"Yeah, so?" her older sister rolled her eyes, before wrinkling her nose at the distinct smell of the shop. "Ugh, why does it always smell like crap in 'ere?"

"Maybe it's just you," Cady snickered, and avoided the smack with a jeer, ducking under the irritated teen's arm. "What do I need ter get, again?" She reached for her list, which Riley held up out of her grasp, shoving her back with a palm to the face. Cady yelped in indignation and licked her sister's hand deviously, which was wiped on the older girl's shorts in disgust.

"Patience, maggot. An' I thought ya knew where everythin' was," she snorted.

"Yeah, where the shops are! Not what's in 'em!"

"Cauldron, phials, scales, prolly a basic potions kit even though they don't say it specifically," Riley chanted, shoving her forward. "Snap to it, 'aven't got all day."

Cady shook her fist at her sister dramatically, but soon took notice of two other first years and wandered over to join them while her sister groaned, knowing they were now going to be a while. "Yeah, so either of ya know what type of cauldron is best? My sister's no help, the bi-," she realized adults were also present, adults who might not approve of a young girl cursing as much as Cady did, although she could hardly help it, growing up around Da. "The meanie," she corrected with an innocent look.

OOC:
murruelecreuset

Julian Galaksylph

For a smile they can share the night
It goes on and on, and on, and on
Strangers waiting up and down the boulevard
Their shadows searching in the night
Streetlight people, livin' just to find emotion
Hidin' somewhere in the night

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:57 pm
Leah Ruby League
Unsorted First Year
Eleven Year Old - Pureblood - Dancer
Younger Sister

Location : Slug & Jigger's Apothecary

Leah heard the sound of a few people coming into the shop. There was a boy and his father, and two girls who were probably sisters. The boy’s father was talking about a cat. Oh the irony. She desperately wanted a cat. Nothing was going to change her feelings on the matter. “What do I need here?” The young girl asked the two. “You’ll need a pewter standard two sized cauldron, crystal or glass phials, brass scales, and a potion kit.” David told her. “Okay,” She replied. “Do you want help?” Leo asked her. “No, I got it.” She replied wandering off.

As she wandered around the shop she was bumped into by the boy who was with his father. He apologized right away before asking her if she was getting her potion stuff. “That’s alright.” Leah told him. Truth be told, she was not a fan of strangers. “Yes, I am. I take it you are as well?” She asked. It was pretty obvious. Why else would someone be in a potions shop anyways?

Leah’s attention turned to the girl who had as she suspected was bickering with her sister. Apparently she was looking for her cauldron but didn’t know which one was best. The blonde girl couldn’t say she knew either. However she had listened to her brother’s words. “My brother mentioned pewter.” She told the girl. “I’m Leah. You both getting supplies for first year…?” She asked. They both appeared to look her age so perhaps they were her future classmates. David and Leo were always telling her to be more social and not just in her ballet class.

With : My Brother & Leo... Lucien & Cadence

Attire : Cat skull t-s**t & shorts

OOC : - - -

The Forgotten Weasley
                                                Julian Galaksylph

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:27 am
                                              Summer 2038xxx
                                              space(☿) Lυcιєη Mαякσν
                                              spxxxxxxxxxce PurebloodUnsorted First YearDancer

spaceThe world is spinning too fast, I'm buying lead Nike shoes
                                              spaceTo keep myself tethered, to the days I try to lose
                                              spaceMy mama said to slow down: You must make your own shoes
                                              spaceStop dancing to the music of Gorillaz in a happy mood
                                              spaceKeeping my groove on, bay do de bop

Lucien smiled at the blonde politely and nodded when she asked if he's getting supplies as well, his composure proper and calm for someone who loves to dance and groove. But in reality, the blondie can probably see his face of relief, a bit glad that he didn't cross the wrong person. His father would always tell him to watch what he was doing, always telling him to not be reckless for some vague reason. Maybe it was from the fact that Lucien had always knew that he was a teen-preg baby since you can't escape the math then again, Lucien had no qualms about it since well, he didn't see any reason not to. If that's the case of why his father was keen in teaching him about carefulness, however, that will might made him question some things...

He looked at the bickering sister who came in from a distance, somehow reminding him of his cousin Tracer. She was just like the girl wearing a yellow girl and dark hair. Somehow but then, Tracer was like most six year-olds as far as he was concerned. Lucien blinked in surprise when the aforementioned girl approached them and asked them about cauldrons, while almost swearing and switching it in the last second. Before he could answer her question, the blonde beat him to it as well as saying that the posh-looking Brit guy was actually her brother. "The brunet's your brother?" Lucien asked curiously, he wasn't being mean okay! "It's just- You two seem... you know, different." He made this vague hand gesture, which was most likely untranslatable.

He blushed in awkwardness, seeing at he was being a bit clumsy in greeting strangers. "Nevermind, my name's Lucien. I'm from Ireland and my aunt works in Ollivanders- but my dad insisted that it should be last. He looked at the dark-haired girl with a warm smile, "What about you?"

spaceHere you go, get the cool- get the cool shoeshine!
                                              spaceThere's a monkey in the jungle watching a vapour trail
                                              spaceCaught up in the conflict between its brain and his tail
                                              spaceAnd if time's an elimination then we got nothing to lose
                                              spacePlease repeat the message: It's the music that we choose

with [his dad, Leah and Cadence] at [S&J Potions]
                                              ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                              SIGNATURE SONG 】-【 ATTIRE 】-【 PERSONAL FILES

OOC xxx
                                              ((1. Lucien : "As long as it's not a cat, I'm cool with it." ))

murruelecreuset

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out