Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Slug and Jigger's Apothecary~ Open *Now Hiring!* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:29 pm
Just a small town girl, livin' in a lonely world
She took the midnight train goin' anywhere
Just a city boy, born and raised in South Detroit
He took the midnight train goin' anywhere
A singer in a smokey room
The smell of wine and cheap perfume

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

cadence
bea
gregory

halfblood │ unsorted │ first year

Cady looked around for this 'brother' of the blonde girl's, but she only saw an adult man and a woman who was probably his wife nearby... That was some age gap, huh? Then again, Riley and Felix were eight years apart... but they had different mums. "I dunno the dif'rence," she shrugged. "My da'll want me to get somethin' cheap an' sturdy." The blonde girl then introduced herself as Leah. She didn't look like a Leah. If Cady was being honest, she looked like a Madison. The again, did she look like a Cadence? "Cady," she said casually. "Well, the full name is Cadence Gregory, but nobody calls me that. My da runs The Leaky Cauldron, so he's makin' my sister take me to get all my stuff." She jerked her head back in the direction of Riley, who was slowly and steadily maneuvering herself towards some teenaged boy looking at potions ingredients.

OOC:
murruelecreuset

Julian Galaksylph

For a smile they can share the night
It goes on and on, and on, and on
Strangers waiting up and down the boulevard
Their shadows searching in the night
Streetlight people, livin' just to find emotion
Hidin' somewhere in the night

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:14 pm
Leah Ruby League
Unsorted First Year
Eleven Year Old - Pureblood - Dancer
Younger Sister

Location : Slug & Jigger's Apothecary

Leah smiled slightly back at Lucian it was nice to meet future students early. It was far better than knowing no one when the time came. Shifting her weight onto one foot as Cadence came over, she wondered slightly about her. Shrugging slightly she honestly didn’t know the difference between cauldrons and probably wouldn’t be much help.

Her attention shifted to Lucien as he asked about her brother and how they seemed different. Leah furrowed her brow slightly not knowing whether to be bothered by it or not. “Yes.” She replied with a nod. “The age gap is probably a factor, although siblings aren’t always alike.” She added. If comparing Cathy, they were all very different.

Leah listened to both Lucien and Cadence as they gave their names. Apparently Lucian was from Ireland and his aunt worked at Ollivanders. Meanwhile Cady’s father ran the Leaky Cauldron. “My brother David’s a Healer and his wife Leo works for with House Elves at the Ministry.” She shared with them. They didn’t seem the type to be judgmental about where a person worked so she didn’t mind giving more detail about Leo’s job. Something told her some might not approve of her position in the ministry.

With : My Brother & Leo... Lucien & Cadence

Attire : Cat skull t-s**t & shorts

OOC : - - -

The Forgotten Weasley
                                                Julian Galaksylph

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:45 am
                                              Summer 2038xxx
                                              space(☿) Lυcιєη Mαякσν
                                              spxxxxxxxxxce PurebloodUnsorted First YearDancer

spaceThe world is spinning too fast, I'm buying lead Nike shoes
                                              spaceTo keep myself tethered, to the days I try to lose
                                              spaceMy mama said to slow down: You must make your own shoes
                                              spaceStop dancing to the music of Gorillaz in a happy mood
                                              spaceKeeping my groove on, bay do de bop

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Lucien wanted to explain about how Leah and her brother were different, but he just... he just couldn't point his finger at it. That, and his father told him not to assume about- well, things. Then again, his dad was just being himself, Lucien presumed. There was a sense of sadness on his face when he watched the couple, wondering if they have kids as well. He always have wanted to have a mother, but the closest form he could get for a mother was simply Aunt Vasilisa mainly because she lived with him and his father to help out. Or well, let alone having siblings, even if he has lots of cousins... just that he didn't see them that much. "Looks like I'm the only one here who's an only child, hey? What's it like having siblings for you pair?" Lucien asked the two girls, trying to give a humorous smile, "Not complainin' and all, I have three cousins here, an'way."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                              spaceHere you go, get the cool- get the cool shoeshine!
                                              spaceThere's a monkey in the jungle watching a vapour trail
                                              spaceCaught up in the conflict between its brain and his tail
                                              spaceAnd if time's an elimination then we got nothing to lose
                                              spacePlease repeat the message: It's the music that we choose

with [his dad, Leah and Cadence] at [S&J Potions]
                                              ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                              SIGNATURE SONG 】-【 ATTIRE 】-【 PERSONAL FILES

OOC xxx
                                              ((1. Lucien : "As long as it's not a cat, I'm cool with it." ))

murruelecreuset

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:13 am

( HalfbloodDurmstrang AlumnaPotion Mistress ) xx

I'м αɴ αllιɢαтor, I'м α мαмα-pαpα coмιɴɢ ғor yoυ
                                                        I'м тнe ѕpαce ιɴvαder, I'll вe α rocĸ 'ɴ' rollιɴ' вιтcн ғor yoυ
                                                        Keep yoυr мoυтн ѕнυт, yoυ're ѕqυαwĸιɴɢ lιĸe α pιɴĸ мoɴĸey вιrd
                                                        Aɴd I'м вυѕтιɴɢ υp мy вrαιɴѕ ғor тнe wordѕ
                                                        Keep yoυr elecтrιc eye oɴ мe, вαвe, pυт yoυr rαy ɢυɴ тo мy нeαd

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Arnbjorg was on an experimenting stage of trying to make a new potion that she kept to herself, but mainly it was something that was probably useless in society standards but really she was just doing it for fun. And because she was merely doing it for fun, Arni was smart enough to not ask her brother about asking for resources because those resources were shop-potions only. Also, doing that was like leeching Rubin's money and why would Arnbjorg do that when her income of her being a potioneer was well-received? Not like, big stacks of galleons or whatever, but she was a saver so she could have just bought a flat for herself. And well-received enough to buy ingredients for a Wolfsbane potion to boot since they're so bloody expensive. She looked at her list and tried to see if the ingredients she was looking for was available in this well-known shop... But she could always ask Mr. Ellis if she was totally lost, anyway.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Preѕѕ yoυr ѕpαce ғαce cloѕe тo мιɴe, love
                                                        Freαĸ oυт ιɴ α мooɴαɢe dαydreαм oн yeαн!
                                                        Doɴ'т ғαĸe ιт вαвy, lαy тнe reαl тнιɴɢ oɴ мe
                                                        Tнe cнυrcн oғ мαɴ, love ιѕ ѕυcн α нoly plαce тo вe
                                                        Mαĸe мe вαвy, мαĸe мe ĸɴow yoυ reαlly cαre

xxxoυт oғ cнαrαcтerxxx
                                                        ((ooc))

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                                        wнeɴ - FAll 2039xx
                                                        wнere - a potion shop[xxxx
                                                        wιтн - herself
                                                        xxxxxx

murruelecreuset

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:30 pm
User Image
User Image

Mira was certainly enjoying the married life. She had Timothy all to herself aside from when he went away for work. Not to mention she had the munchkins she could kidnap from David and Leo. She always did love being the awesome aunt. Part of her wanted to have her own kids but she knew Timothy wasn’t to keen on the idea. And sure, she could just go to her mother in-law and she could probably get her to talk Timothy into the whole family idea but that was unfair. The having kids’ thing was between her and him. It didn’t need outside sources. Besides her younger sister wasn’t even married yet…

Mira wasn’t thinking about that though. Today she was busy restocking supplies. Usually she left it in Grace’s capable hands, but she needed to break from the office. Plus, she needed to find an ingredient for a potion idea. She had no idea if it would even work but never know unless you try. Walking into the apothecary, the former Slytherin scanned the selves for what she was looking for. Of course, she wasn’t alone in the shop. A girl dressed in jeans and a jacket with glasses was also a customer there. Mira wasn’t the most socially diverse person out there. However, she wasn’t the type to avoid someone either. “Afternoon,” She greeted politely.
“How’s the ingredient search?”

User Image

With: Arnbjorg

Wearing: Hoodie & Leggings

OOC: ---

Snow the Flying Squirrel 

Julian Galaksylph
Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:10 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sιηgℓє Mσтнєя Rανєηcℓαω Aℓυмηα Ƥσтισηєєя

Tiffany had been spending all her days either working on potential new potions or spending time with Brenden. Honestly, she was pretty sure she was falling harder for him than planned. She was more than grateful to her daughter for introducing her to the man. Now that they'd started dating, Tiffany couldn't be any more happy with the situation. She sighed quietly, trying to return her thoughts to her work. Currently she was attempting a potion to help reduce anxiety, since it was something she'd seen in need more than once. A small frown adorned her face when she saw all the people in the shop. Not to say Loki didn't make good sales, just that his shop was a bit dead once the students went back to school. Upon closer inspection of the other two women, Tiff noticed they were also potioneers. Perhaps it wouldn't be a terrible idea to make friends? It would always be beneficial for collaborations. "Excuthe me, I jutht need mandrake root" She flushed a bit, grabbing the little bottle and holding it close, still standing close enough to be sociable.

Julian Galaksylph

murruelecreuset

I ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ Ɗᴀᴅᴅʏ ᴛᴏʟᴅ ᴍᴇ: “Ƒᴀɪʀʏᴛᴀʟᴇѕ ᴄᴀɴ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛʀᴜᴇ. Ƴᴏᴜ ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ 'ᴇᴍ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴ, ɪᴛ ᴀʟʟ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅѕ ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ"
Sᴏ I ᴡᴏʀᴋ ʀᴇᴀʟ ʜᴀʀᴅ ᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴀɴᴅ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴅᴀʏ, ɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜɪɴɢѕ ꜰᴏʀ ѕᴜʀᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴍʏ ᴡᴀʏ
Jᴜѕᴛ ᴅᴏɪɴɢ ᴡʜᴀᴛ I ᴅᴏ. Lᴏᴏᴋ ᴏᴜᴛ ʙᴏʏѕ, I'ᴍ ᴄᴏᴍɪɴɢ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ!
Ƭʜᴇʀᴇ'ѕ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴛʀɪᴀʟѕ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀɪʙᴜʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴѕ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ I'ᴠᴇ ʜᴀᴅ ᴍʏ ѕʜᴀʀᴇ
Ɓᴜᴛ I'ᴠᴇ ᴄʟɪᴍʙᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴜɴᴛᴀɪɴ, I'ᴠᴇ ᴄʀᴏѕѕᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪᴠᴇʀ
Aɴᴅ I'ᴍ ᴀʟᴍᴏѕᴛ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ!

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:38 am

( HalfbloodDurmstrang AlumnaPotion Mistress ) xx

I'м αɴ αllιɢαтor, I'м α мαмα-pαpα coмιɴɢ ғor yoυ
                                                        I'м тнe ѕpαce ιɴvαder, I'll вe α rocĸ 'ɴ' rollιɴ' вιтcн ғor yoυ
                                                        Keep yoυr мoυтн ѕнυт, yoυ're ѕqυαwĸιɴɢ lιĸe α pιɴĸ мoɴĸey вιrd
                                                        Aɴd I'м вυѕтιɴɢ υp мy вrαιɴѕ ғor тнe wordѕ
                                                        Keep yoυr elecтrιc eye oɴ мe, вαвe, pυт yoυr rαy ɢυɴ тo мy нeαd

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Oh. Afternoon." Arnbjorg smiled at the blonde haired lady, taking the time to look at her as she was getting one of the roots. Ever since setting foot to England, she was adaptable enough to at least be a little bit mellow since some strangers weren't used to that. No big deal, she can handle change just fine. Just. Just the environment though, not her entire being. "I was doing a little bit of experiment, nothing special I think. Sometimes the best brainstorms come from the most foolish ideas." She shrugged, even if she wasn't normally aiming for brewing potions forever. But it would be cool to make some impact somehow.

As they talked, a brunette woman arrived, who seemed timid as she excused herself to get a mandrake. "Ah, sure." Arni politely nodded, wondering if the woman would also like to socialize. The Norwegian can admit nowadays that she did tend to be a bit overwhelming to introverts who weren't her siblings, except her younger brother Vilhelm when he pretty much hate her. "Got some project to brew?" she asked, then considered stating her name cheerfully, "Oh and I'm Arni, by the way. Short for Arnbjorg."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Preѕѕ yoυr ѕpαce ғαce cloѕe тo мιɴe, love
                                                        Freαĸ oυт ιɴ α мooɴαɢe dαydreαм oн yeαн!
                                                        Doɴ'т ғαĸe ιт вαвy, lαy тнe reαl тнιɴɢ oɴ мe
                                                        Tнe cнυrcн oғ мαɴ, love ιѕ ѕυcн α нoly plαce тo вe
                                                        Mαĸe мe вαвy, мαĸe мe ĸɴow yoυ reαlly cαre

xxxoυт oғ cнαrαcтerxxx
                                                        ((ooc))

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                                        wнeɴ - FAll 2039xx
                                                        wнere - a potion shop[xxxx
                                                        wιтн - herself
                                                        xxxxxx

murruelecreuset

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:34 am
User Image
User Image

Mira nodded at Arnbjorg’s words. “You are certainly right about that.” She agreed. Potioneering was certainly an out of the box profession. The more farfetched the idea the better your chances it might just work out. “I know I’d had a few minor successes on things I thought couldn’t possibly work out. It helps having a partner to bounce things off of.” She said brightly. Never in a million years did Mira think she’d be mentioning her sister in civilized conversation, even if it had been years since they’d been on bad terms.

A brunette came over in need of some mandrake root. “Certainly,” Mira replied stepping out of her way. She could only wonder what the woman needed the root for. It was then that Arnbjorg asked about any projects being brewed. It was then followed up by the girl’s name. “Pleasure to meet you. I’m Mira, Mira Whitethorne.” She greeted saying her last name always put a smile on her face, even after two years. “I’m mostly just getting the office restocked. Although, I did have one idea rattling around in my head.” She shared with them both. “What about you?” She asked the brunette.

User Image

With: Arnbjorg & Tiffany

Wearing: Hoodie & Leggings

OOC: ---

Snow the Flying Squirrel 

Julian Galaksylph
Miss GryffindorK

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:50 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Slugg & Jiggers
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Loki... somewhere
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Working... and debating food
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I'm starved...

Dris hummed quietly as he was dusting vials, flasks, phials, and a few odd cauldrons. He had volunteered to help his uncle for a while until he could find a more permanent hire. It wasn't like the brunette didn't already work other jobs, but he was saving money. The odd jobs were more to pay bills, while his spot in the quidditch league was more to save for a studio some day. It was also how he kept up to stock on all his art supplies. Speaking of, he'd need to hit up the art shop again. Damn.

He shook his head, moving on to his second task, watering the plants that were just... placed haphazardly around the shop. He also felt his stomach growl and checked his watch... which was too covered in paint to read currently. Crap. How much did the watch repair shop charge last time that'd happened? Maybe Milo knew how to clean it. He sighed, his mind drifting to thoughts of lunch and art supplies. Maybe he'd go ask Loki for a break soon... just to go get food. Hopefully it was a normal time, he didn't want to be teased about his near constant hunger again....

Yukina101

Aʟʟ ᴍʏ ʟɪꜰᴇ I'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ʟɪᴠɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴀsᴛ ʟᴀɴᴇ, ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sʟᴏᴡ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, I'ᴍ ᴀ ʀᴏʟʟɪɴ' ꜰʀᴇɪɢʜᴛ ᴛʀᴀɪɴ
Oɴᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇ, ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ sᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴀʟʟ ᴏᴠᴇʀ, ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sʟᴏᴡ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, I'ᴍ ᴀ ʟᴏɴᴇ ʀᴇᴅ ʀᴏᴠᴇʀ
I'ᴍ ᴀ ʜᴏʟᴅ ᴍʏ ᴄᴀʀᴅs ᴄʟᴏsᴇ, I'ᴍ ᴀ ᴡʀᴇᴄᴋ ᴡʜᴀᴛ I ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴍᴏsᴛ
I'ᴍ ᴀ ꜰɪʀsᴛ-ᴄʟᴀss ʟᴇᴛ-ᴅᴏᴡɴ, I'ᴍ ᴀ ᴀ "sʜᴜᴛ ᴜᴘ, sɪᴛ ᴅᴏᴡɴ"
I ᴀᴍ ᴀ ʜᴇᴀᴅ ᴄᴀsᴇ, I ᴀᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏʟᴏʀ ᴏꜰ ʙᴏᴏᴍ. Iᴛ's ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴀʀʀɪᴠɪɴɢ,
Aɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴘᴇʀᴀ, ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴏɴ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɪɴ ᴛᴜɴᴇ
Oʜ, ʜᴏᴡ ᴅɪᴅ ɪᴛ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪs? Oʜ, ʟᴏᴠᴇ ɪs ᴀ Pᴏʟᴀʀᴏɪᴅ
Bᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ɪɴ ᴘɪᴄᴛᴜʀᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴄᴀɴ ꜰɪʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴠᴏɪᴅ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:21 am
Been traveling in packs that I can't carry anymore
Been waiting for somebody else to carry me
There's nothing else there for me at my door
All the people I know aren't who they used to be

User Image

Sαłeм'š Ałυм ▨ Mυggłeвøяи ▨ Tħeαтeя Aššıšтαит

☯⚝ϟPuck had nearly been home free after sorting and putting up the last class' props and had barely taken off her school badge before her mom had popped her head out the office and pleaded for her to stop by the apothecary for a few much needed items. Apparently Nora was working late and by the time she would get off it would most likely be closed so it was left to her. She also thought her mom just liked being able to say "apothecary" and mean it not in the weed sense for once. Admittedly, she was going past the alley anyway because of a favorite food stand by there so it wasn't completely out her way. Plus apparition for the win. After grabbing her stuff and the list of stuff she apparated to the alley and made her way to Slug and Jiggers only pausing a bit when she came in not seeing the usual face behind the counter, or anyone actually. Most of the time it was the actual owner (she'd figured that out after about the third or fourth visit) and sometimes he'd have someone actual primping up the store so when she spotted a guy watering the plants, she figured that was him. He was certainly taller than the others so that was a nice surprise. Puck looked over her list again and began grabbing the stuff her mom wanted and a few ingredients she remembered she was low on. She had just reached the shelf for fluxweed and noted there were none left with a soft groan. Looking around for that walking pool noodle, she found him again and softly coughed to get his attention. "Sorry but, do you have anymore fluxweed? There aren't anymore bottles on the shelf."

Miss GryffindorK

And if I try to change my life one more day
There would be nobody else to save
And I can't change into a person I don't wanna be, so
Oh, it's Saturday night, yeah

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:10 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Why is he so disorganized?!

Dris was trying to remember which of his tasks needed done next, or even which needed done. It was different than working at his dad's shop, because working there was just familiar. He knew what to do there, but here he was out of his element. He was trying to remember which plants needed taking care of when the door chimed. He looked over, seeing an unfamiliar girl around his age. He turned his attention back to the plant he was working with, wishing he'd paid more attention in Herbology. After a few seconds, he went to straighten up a couple shelves, which unfortunately required him to kneel. He started working on stocking up some newts' eyes, wondering just what the fascination with potions was. It was just gross to him.

Suddenly, someone was there talking to him. He looked up, blinking at the girl. She needed help finding fluxweed? But it wasn't on the shelf. Craaaaaap. He pushed himself into a stand, offering a smile. "Yea, just give me a second, my uncle has the organizational skills of a duck." He laughed once to himself, then turned and hurried off to the back room. It had to be somewhere around here? Fluxweed.... fluxweed...? "Come on, Loki give me a clue here...." He searched a bit more before finding a small crate with the very thing he'd been searching for. Perfect! He grabbed the whole crate and headed out, the little green plants looking good... or he assumed they looked good. "Fluxweed! I found it. Sorry it took so long, I was usually too busy painting during Herbology classes." He chuckled, holding out the crate with blue and purple splattered fingers. Hopefully that was enough because he hadn't seen any more in the back, and he wasn't a hundred percent certain where Loki had gone off to... He had also grabbed a few vials of dried Fluxweed and tucked them in between the live plants, because Loki was clearly a nut. "If this isn't what you need, let me know, I can try to find something else too." He grinned nervously, hoping she didn't just think he was an idiot who wasn't cut out for this job... even though he was pretty sure this job wasn't his best plan.

Yukina101

Aʟʟ ᴍʏ ʟɪꜰᴇ I'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ʟɪᴠɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴀsᴛ ʟᴀɴᴇ, ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sʟᴏᴡ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, I'ᴍ ᴀ ʀᴏʟʟɪɴ' ꜰʀᴇɪɢʜᴛ ᴛʀᴀɪɴ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:45 pm

User Image

☯⚝ϟPuck snickered as the guy straightened up and practically ran to the back thinking about his choice of words. "Organization of a duck'?" she snorted softly to herself. He was an odd one that's for sure, not like she could really judge though. She sighed and not for the hundredth time cursed that she couldn't use her phone in magical areas because she could've been going through her feed and texting Lil about her daily strife with the zit zombies but no. Instead she was standing around trying very hard not to want to sniff some of the weirder looking potion ingredients. After nearly a decade in the magical world, you'd think she'd know better and yet, here she was. It was a few more minutes of internal struggle before the noodle came out with an honest to god crate full of plants blabbering about how he should've paid more attention in herbology than painting (which she felt, truly). Puck walked over looking through the crate liking the look of some of the still blooming stalks and finding a bottle of some already dried wondering if the scent of drying lavender and fluxweed would be worth it to take some more. He came back again mentioning that if this wasn't what she wanted he could go look again causing her to grin and shake her head. "No way, this is perfect thanks. Besides, wouldn't want you getting lost in whatever altered space is back there if your uncle's skills are as bad as you say." she couldn't help but point out and snicker still looking over the plants. She had already claimed two of the bottles but was now evaluating if she wanted two longer stalks or multiple smaller ones.

Miss GryffindorK

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:06 pm
User ImageUser Image

Dris watched the girl as she debated which plants to take and if she wanted dried ones too. He tilted his head a bit, wondering what she was planning to make. Maybe it'd help if he asked? But... potions wasn't his strong suit either. Damn it, why weren't they at QQS? "What are you making? W-with the Fluxweed?" He gestured to the crate by lifting it a bit, not enough for it to be an inconvenience to the girl. Luckily, she said the plants were perfect since he was pretty sure there wasn't more of the plants back there. Unless Loki just set them wherever the hell he wanted. Which... wouldn't surprise the brunette a bit. "I appreciate it, but... if you needed it, I'd brave the clutter again. Just for you though. Not sure I can survive many trips." He laughed, then realized he probably sounded super creepy. Damn it. Maybe she wouldn't notice? "Is... um... is there anything else I can help you find? I'm sure working together would help, anyway. Still only like seventy five percent sure where anything is, though. Sorry." He looked at her, half wondering when she was going to tell him to bugger off. Maybe he'd have to just give up on talking to normal human people for now.

Yukina101

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:09 pm

User Image

☯⚝ϟPuck looked up from the plant with a small quirk of her lips at the man's stilted question. "Nothing really unless you count smudge sticks. My moms very uh...herbal? I guess you could say. And all this stuff was really expensive and hard to come by when we still lived in the city so between me and Nora, she uses us as her delivery service." She was still examining the fluxweed when she noticed a strange fleck on one of the stalks and frowned at it scraping her finger over it lightly. When it came off on her finger she was more surprised to see even more flecks on the crate but mostly on the handles. She was about to get (more) concerned when she saw the same color and more on the assistant guy's hands. The actual hell? "Are you actually molting or something? What's with all the paint flecks?" she laughed showing off the paint rubbing between her fingers.

She felt kinda bad about it later when he told her he'd brave the clutter again to help. Though she raised an eyebrow at the "just for you" addition and wondered if he'd meant to do it on purpose. But from the stuttering and awkward laughter it was totally accidental which just made it all the better in her opinion. "Just for me, huh?" she really couldn't stop the wink she sent him, it was all in good fun. Honest. At his next question, Puck just shook her head deciding on three medium stems to go with the two dried jars. "Nah, I'm pretty sure I got all the important stuff off her list. But even if I hadn't, I'm in here pretty often so, I prolly could've taken up that extra twenty five percent." Wow, she was never this smooth in a single conversation. She was so gonna get struck by lightning when she left the store, she could feel it.

Miss GryffindorK

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:05 pm
User ImageUser Image

Dris questioned the girl's mention of smudge sticks, not quite certain what they were. She said her mom was herbal, and Dris thought of a few people, the one in his sister's year with the bizarre obsession with flowers... or maybe she meant more like an old stoner hippie lady.... either way it would be an interesting sight. "Delivery service, eh? My dads usually just have me do extra work at their shops. That's why I'm here, actually. Helping my uncle." He grinned, watching her for a second as she examined the plant. Was something wrong with it? Surely not, Loki tended to be really careful with his plants... Then she asked if he was molting, which startled him... until she mentioned paint. At that point, he laughed, rather heartily. "Not molting, but you're right about the paint. I'm.... just about always painting. It helps with my, um, my head." That... could have been phrased better. Now she'd think he was crazy. Cool. "I-I have synesthesia? Where, um... my brain sees voices as colors. So... painting. It helps keep my head clear, y'know?"

That was better than leaving the crazy notion hanging, right? Or was he now somehow crazier? She hadn't left yet, so that was something. After he said he would brave the back room just for her, it seemed she had indeed noticed that bit. At least she seemed to think it was funny? Cute, maybe? Oh, she winked. He mimicked the gesture, feeling heat curl into his cheeks. She did, however, say she'd found everything on her list. Apparently she was in here a lot... so maybe Dris needed to volunteer to work at the apothecary more often? "Yea? I mean... anything unimportant? On the list... I mean. Don't wanna get in trouble for forgetting anything." He set the crate down, glancing at his hands. The paint was for sure stained in, but he'd scrub up later. For now... he had other things on his mind.

Yukina101

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash