Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 6:11 pm
User Image

The journey had begun as two; brothers born of night and day. Abandoned, outcast, wandering... They kept their story to themselves, for the most part, and whatever parts may have been overheard by the band of misfits that they had collected never seemed to quite match up. Their small familiars acted as their eyes and ears whenever they were not present, however, and it always seemed as though they knew more than what they let on as a result.

The princess had been the first to join their party. She had spotted a shadow moving along the edge of her territory and it had enticed her enough to wander away from the only world that she had known; the world of the moon and stars. She had stalked that shadow until the sun had approached her, questioning her motives before confronting the night, demanding he make her return. The night had no interest in chasing her off, nor was he overly interested in letting her stay...

To the dismay of the sun, she remained, asking questions and learning what she could. It was her first time out in the world and if she ever chose to return to her home she would take each bit of new knowledge with her... If she ever found home again.

The next to join the ranks was a pale lion; the sky to unite the sun, moon and stars. He seemed far too familiar with the sun and the moon, but they spoke not of it as he began to enchant the stars, spinning tales when the golden orb fell beneath the horizon of a place of myth; one he had only heard tale of on the whispers of the wind. Enticed were the stars by the tale of the sky, so much that she insisted on hearing them every night that he would tell them... Enough that when they crossed the paths of others, she began to spin those stories as well.

The bandit was brought in one night, caught sneaking a bit of their meal when she thought they were not looking; lean of build with shadowed eyes she posed no threat to them once she had been fed. The princess insisted upon it despite the protests of the sun and the dismissal of the moon. One lone lioness amongst three males... She longed for the kind of companionship that none of them could provide her with; a sister... A friend.

The masked lioness seemed to share her longing and agreed to come along, at first for the food that she had been offered and then because of the promise offered of something better as they continued on; an enchanting place... A home. How long had it been since she had been anything more than a ghost in the mist?

They might have continued on as a party of five for some time had it not been for the sunrise stumbling upon them. She had introduced herself as one who gathers, letting them know quite plainly that she was looking for a new story to bring home. Her father was old and feeble and she hoped, how she hoped, that the perfect story might be enough to bring him back. Her eyes shined as the princess told the evening tale, taking it all in as if it were a mystical savior.

There was more, though; there had to be... There were still the stories of the other four.

One night passed and then another, yet she could not pry all of their lives from them and so she stayed, determine to make this story, her story the one that she brought back to offer the Weaver.

Onward north they traveled, becoming as close as a band could while still keeping some things from one another... Until they crossed paths with yet one more.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 6:21 pm
User Image

He joined them not as he was but as what they wished to see; a cream colored lion of average build with cloud white mane and mist blue eyes. The golden bangles about his forelegs jangled as he approached, but that seemed to be the only other sound he made, at times the only sign that he was with them.

He wove his way into the lives of those he traveled with, somehow even managing to get the sun to warm up to him, the moon to not frown at him... Not one thing about it seemed likely, but it only served to encourage the newest member of the party to stay.

In making the choice to stay with them, Ini'auri changed their course, putting them on the path of improbability which sometimes, just sometimes, turned myth into reality.

"So... Tell me more about this fantastical place you're trying to find?"  

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 6:47 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"Why do you insist on dragging me out here?"

The two were so alike, that unless one was looking for the differences it was easy to assume you were seeing double. Stripes slithered through the trees and brush, weaving a familiar path that both had walked many times before. No one had known about Feisu's existence until he had materialized before the Lady one day. Now, no one could think of a time when the strong guard wasn't silently slinking around the West's lands. With his appearance, rumors of a different white tiger began to surface, some assuming the token animal of the West was more than just myth. Bai Hu rarely showed himself to anyone except his son, and so his existence continued to be a mystery. Something was bothering the god, however, and he dragged his son out with him.

"Something is coming," Bai Hu replied, his bright green eyes scanning the foliage. Feisu's darker eyes also looked, but his ears picked up a sign before his eyes. "This way," the guard said, dashing off through the brush. His father quickly followed, as they narrowed in on the large group that was seemingly invading the West's mild peace.  
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 7:47 pm
The sunrise had been listening as the others carried on, going quiet as the terrain that they traveled went from familiar to unfamiliar. They were no longer on the plans that she had roamed, or near the caverns that she had called home... They were somewhere new and something about it tingled on the edges of her senses, triggering a feeling that she had never had before; a knowledge.

"Something's coming." She murmured, the tone of her voice taking on a dream-like quality for a moment before she snapped out of it, shaking her head slowly which then resulted in a furrowed brow. In that brief moment she had said something as a seer and she could not for the life of her recall how... Or why.

The cream colored lion seemed to recognize something about that tone and he paused alongside the striped sunrise, lingering with a bit of weight on one paw as he watched her, curious as to what she might say next, before tilting his head to the wind, ears tilting so that he too could listen.

Nothing. At least not that he could hear, whatever it was beyond his scope of knowledge. He made a mental note to pay attention to this one, however, in the event that she seemed to know something more.

The darkest night stepped forward to cut them off, his sudden movement startling the two avian members of their party. "Quiet." He hissed, eyes narrowing at the party before he turned his gaze towards the brush ahead of them. Even without the 'warning' from the color washed female, the world around them had gone silent. The birds might have startled on their own even if he hadn't made them jittery himself. "Let me do the talking."  

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 10:07 pm
They continued to run, the branches of the trees nipping at their shoulders and ankles as they broke through. It was a rush that Feisu loved. His blood pumped as he ran, duty screaming at every inch of his body to protect, to learn, to decide. Few realized how important a guard's judgement was when they were on the borders. Potential strays could be recruited as members, and though the west was not as thin as the other houses, it was good to keep numbers strong. Healthy. Diverse lines were always important, especially with how populous the previous Lord and Lady had been. Too many of the fresh Zhong generation were to remain unmarried, or sent to other houses or prides as dignitaries.

"There," Feisu felt his father say as they slowed their pace to a jog. Feisu did not See as a Seer could, or it at least had not awakened within him yet, but Bai Hu knew his lands. He only left them for short amounts of time, as it felt like his power slowly drained from him if his paws were not planted on the land that gave him life. The West was his home, and it would be unless Tianxia somehow fell.

Feisu let his father match him pace for pace, the god's build larger than his already large son. With two so similar, it must be a somewhat intimidating show.

"Strangers," Bai Hu rumbled, his mane shifting with his breath. He spoke as his eyes finally laid on the group, much larger than either of them had anticipated. Normally a lone stranger stumbled in, and one in a while a pair. Never a group as large as this.  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 2:03 pm
"I don't think that is wise, friend." He spoke with a smile before shaking his mane out to make himself a bit more presentable. "We are in their lands, after all... It might be wise to let them do the talking while we do a bit of listening." He remained on his feet for a moment before sitting down , making it quite clear that he intended to do no harm. As a matter of fact, if he closed his eyes he might sleep... Or simply disappear.

The princess became nervous as the large lions approached, shifting on her paws only to glance around anxiously. It did not help that Rasha, the masked lioness, had instantly fallen to the back of their group. Of the six, seven including the cream colored male who had joined them, she was the least social and Nyota worried that this might be what chased the slender, skittish lioness away.

"Rasha, it will be fine... I promise." She murmured, bolstering her confidence enough to step up and stand her ground. They hadn't done anything wrong, after all. It was no crime to pass by, was it?

"The golden one is right. Stand down." The white lion with the misty mane spoke smoothly to the brothers, eying them steadily until they both did as they were told, leaving him to take the 'head' of the party alongside the decorated lion. He leaned in closely, voice low as he murmured, "... I am going to trust that you have not lead us in to a trap, friend."

He then sat down, eyes ahead as he waited to see how they would be addressed.

Safaia

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:53 pm
Their approach grew slower the closer they got, and the stopped when there were a good 5 lion-lengths from them and the group. Bai Hu looked over each one of them, gauging everything about each of them by their body language and facial expressions. He would stay quiet, as he normally did, unless he felt compelled to speak.

Feisu, however, was the strength as well as the representation of the West, and so he took up the mantle of leader at this point.

"Strangers," he replied, keeping his voice neutral. "You've strayed into pridal lands. Were you aware of this?" He didn't dare give any additional information at this point, wanting to gauge what their intention was before he continued on. If it was a dismal reply, he would shed his life here to protect his home while his father would rally the home. This was why he never approved of patrols alone, but there were not enough guards to ensure constant partnerships.

Skye Starrfyre
I am sooo sorry for the delay, you're always welcome to kick me to reply faster.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:48 pm
"I... May have been aware that we were nearing pridal lands, although not the Pridelands. We're a bit of a distance from those, aren't we..." The cream colored lion said with an air of distraction to his tones, head tilting up to the sky as though he would be able to use the clouds to pinpoint exactly how far off they were, or exactly where he had inadvertently lead the band of misfits to. It was highly improbable that they had actually found Tianxia, wasn't it?

Which really made it all the more probable... "I believe I have been here before, at least. I rarely forget a territory."

"We don't mean you any harm!" The moon and stars spoke up, stepping out from behind the lions that had formed their own line of relaxed defense in the front. The twins of night and day could be intimidating when they were both standing their ground and their silver-eyed companion did little to soften things as he stood flanked by them. "My name is Nyota'mizani, and these are..."

"Lions who are perfectly capable of speaking for themselves." He spoke from the left side of the silver-eyed lion, his own eyes narrowing slightly at the princess before his gaze turned back to the guards that had approached them. "It was not our intention to intrude upon your lands. We have been wandering for some time now. I am Neru, my brother is Kero."

Safaia

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:20 pm
Feisu's eyes flared for a moment, his forearms growing tense as they pawed at the ground. Well, the fact that was at least the slightest bit of friction within the group meant that there would be little harm. He highly doubted that this was a threat if everyone was willing to speak for themselves.

"Perhaps no intention, but the truth remains," Feisu replied, keeping his eyes on the males.

Bai Hu looked at the creamy lion, unable to see him for what he really was, but sensing something different. Perhaps it was in the words he spoke, as it was rare that travelers passed through Tianxia. The West was the most probably place for travelers to come, if only because it offered the most for non-members in terms of 'visiting'.

"My Lord and Lady demand that I keep intruders out," Feisu continued, "though I am to judge if one is an intruder, or a visitor. What is your business?"

Bai Hu stood next to his son, still watching each one of them. It was difficult to guess their intentions, but the god was willing to bet that it was warm food and a bed, and nothing else. Some looked fatigued, and the rocky terrain that surrounded Tianxia could be taxing on those who were not used to it.

"We merely need to know if it is friend or foe," Bai Hu spoke, his voice much deeper than his son's. "Though, if foe...I pledge it would not be an easy fight." He assumed their large sizes would silently back that statement.

Skye Starrfyre

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:45 pm
"We come as friend." He spoke simply, remaining comfortably seated. "Our travels have been long, both separate and together, and although the lands have been kind enough until now I am certain that we could use some rest." He used 'we' to speak for the whole group, more curious than tired himself.

"As Neru said, it was not our intention to rudely intrude, nor have we any desire to fight you... Either of you." He let his gaze drift from one lion to the next before settling finally on the elder lion. "If you distrust my companions and I," now implying the two brothers who flanked the space just behind him, "I at least ask that you not judge the princess and her ladies simply because we had chosen to offer them our protection in our travels."

"..." Her mouth dropped open as she listened to the silver-eyed lion spin a story with his equally silver tongue. She thought to protest being anyone's lady, having spent too much time being reminded that she was 'just a sister' by her brothers, but thought better of it. How would she be able to retell the story in the future if she interrupted it with her own version from the start?

Instead she shook her head slowly before closing her eyes, all of the standing still acting as a reminder of just how easy it would be to just nod off while everyone else did the talking anyways...

Safaia

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:00 pm
Bai Hu continued to watch the entire group, gauging what their body language was telling him. They appeared to be telling the truth, and hoped that the trust in their words would be enough.

"A neutral friend, then," Feisu confirmed. "Well, there is a place to rest nearby that we can take you to. We can offer a small stream and whatever hunting you can take yourself while you wait to meet the Lady of the house. She is the ultimate authority in this area." His eyes flickered over them all, making sure that they understood. Freedom, to a point.

"Do you have any other questions?" he asked, making sure that those who did not speak as much knew that they could speak now if they so desired.

Skye Starrfyre

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:54 pm
Before any of the others could speak out or say something entirely foolish the cream colored lion bowed his head in respect. "We graciously accept your offer of hospitality. Thank you for your kindness and the generosity that you are extending on behalf or your lady as we await her."

As he processed the conversation through his recollection of just where he had lead the band of travelers began to settle in. He would wait, though, until he had met with the lady to confirm it... And perhaps he could stop in and see a certain someone again if he was right.

Safaia

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
[IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers