Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Miscellaneous Threads
My Story of the Toonami December Sweepstakes

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

videogamenerd_1991

Handsome Genius

10,025 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Friendly 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:20 am
Okay so I was watching Toonami and they have a movie each week in December and along with the movie is the sweepstakes of winning a T-shirt. And the four movies that Toonami played were Akira, Summer Wars, Fullmetal Alchemist: Conqueror of Shamballa (I think), and Trigun: Badlands Rumble. Every week I went to the website and enter in my entries every possible minute for four weeks...yeah I'm insane, lol. And then after the sweepstakes is over, I was waiting for a while until I get this awesome e-mail on January 28th from Toonami T.O.M. himself and it said this:

"Congratulations! You have been selected as a Week 4 Toonami t-shirt winner! Expect to see your shirt in the mail late February.

Thanks for watching!

Love, TOM"

My jaw dropped and I screamed in excitement, and cried happy tears because I finally won something! And then later in February I got my shirt delivered to me, and I was like "wait, Atlanta, Georgia? Turner Broadcasting...OH, IT'S MY SHIRT!!!" And I excitedly opened it and it's my shirt (as pictured here)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
And a note that says "Thanks for watching Toonami...we love you!" That's my story and I've never been more happier than this.

Oh, and sorry for the excessive lighting when I had this picture taken. Stupid sunlight.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:04 pm
awesome shirt  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

videogamenerd_1991

Handsome Genius

10,025 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Friendly 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:40 pm
Extreme Cuddler
awesome shirt

Thanks, I love it so much! Ironically, that was the shirt that I wanted, lol.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:42 pm
videogamenerd_1991
Extreme Cuddler
awesome shirt

sweet, I remembered I tried for that lego scooby-doo about 14 years ago I think it was. *their lines were always busy* I gave up after 5minutes <--the patience of a 10yr old XD  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

videogamenerd_1991

Handsome Genius

10,025 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Friendly 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:46 pm
Extreme Cuddler
videogamenerd_1991
Extreme Cuddler
awesome shirt

sweet, I remembered I tried for that lego scooby-doo about 14 years ago I think it was. *their lines were always busy* I gave up after 5minutes <--the patience of a 10yr old XD

Well Toonami had this thing during The Intruder Part 1, that 5 grand prize winners would win a trip to Japan if they voted for the perfect engines for the Absolution. Of course, I was like either 8 or 9 back then, and yeah I wouldn't qualify, anyways, lol. Now I wonder what they'll do for The Intruder Part 2 coming next year.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:50 pm
videogamenerd_1991
Extreme Cuddler
videogamenerd_1991
Extreme Cuddler
awesome shirt

Well Toonami had this thing during The Intruder Part 1, that 5 grand prize winners would win a trip to Japan if they voted for the perfect engines for the Absolution. Of course, I was like either 8 or 9 back then, and yeah I wouldn't qualify, anyways, lol. Now I wonder what they'll do for The Intruder Part 2 coming next year.
well lets hope you win this one, if they hold anotehr contest  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

videogamenerd_1991

Handsome Genius

10,025 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Friendly 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:57 pm
Extreme Cuddler
videogamenerd_1991
Extreme Cuddler
videogamenerd_1991
Extreme Cuddler
awesome shirt

Oh trust me, I would love to go to Japan. Especially since I know much about the areas of Japan from the Go! Go! Nippon! game  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:00 pm
videogamenerd_1991
Extreme Cuddler
videogamenerd_1991
Extreme Cuddler
videogamenerd_1991
Extreme Cuddler
awesome shirt

Oh trust me, I would love to go to Japan. Especially since I know much about the areas of Japan from the Go! Go! Nippon! game
I would like to go someday but, my japanese is terrible lol, and I can't read kanji to save my life @3@  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

videogamenerd_1991

Handsome Genius

10,025 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Friendly 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:10 pm
Extreme Cuddler
videogamenerd_1991
Extreme Cuddler
videogamenerd_1991
Extreme Cuddler

I would like to go someday but, my japanese is terrible lol, and I can't read kanji to save my life @3@

I can't read Japanese either, lol.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:15 pm
videogamenerd_1991
Extreme Cuddler
videogamenerd_1991
Extreme Cuddler
videogamenerd_1991
Extreme Cuddler

I can't read Japanese either, lol.
I can read hiragana, and most of katakana but kanji I just draw a blank  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

Miscellaneous Threads

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items