Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[Enrollment] Kamakura Meigetsuki the Nekomata - accepted

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:20 am
AMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Name: Kamakura Meigetsuki

Kamakura's name comes from the Time period in which Nekomata's first began to appear in writing. (most Japenese Yokai were born, or rather given life and story to during the Edo period). While this is all OCC, its to include the etymology behind his name.

Meigetsuki or "Journal of the Full Moon" is the journal that contains the first writings about the Nekomata legend, and their appearance. It was written during the Kamakura era.

Nicknames: Kama, Kura
Birthday: January 1st

Faction: Demon
Race: Nekomata

Natural Ability:

Shape Shift – Can freely assume the form of a calico cat who's tail is split in two, and capable of walking on its hind legs. This is his natural form, and the humaniod one has been acquired with time and practice. He requires a skull pin in order to hold his humanoid body; he otherwise has trouble keeping the shape as he is still a young demon.

Personality:

Bold | Cunning | Perceptive | Ritualistic | Fastidious

Bold: Shows an ability to take risks, and is confident and courageous. Not afraid to step out of the shadows and hold his head high. A daring youngster who doesn't like to show when he is afraid, or emotional. His Audacious tendencies tend to be a bit cheeky, and defiant when he's in full force.

Cunning: Skilled in achieving one's ends by deceit if necessary. Kamakura is crafty, and will use any resource available to him to achieve and further himself. His wiliness and trickery are often applied to those foolish enough to allow him full control of them. He will take advantage of misfortune and turn it into his own luck.

Perceptive: Often displays that he has keen insight, and is rather observant. Responsive to sensory stimuli. Kamakura is sharp-witted and shrewd upon first glance. He is good at gathering information, and using his senses to take in the world. Has a knack for seeing things (or situations) for what they are.

Ritualistic: Insistent, and rather exaggerated emphasis on the importance of rites and ceremonies. He takes traditions seriously, and the studies of especially magical or religious practices also happen to be of great interest to the nekomata. OCD like compulsions cause him to repeatedly count, be it steps or grouping of objects when he's bored. Has a morbid fascination with numerology, especially uneven numbers.

Fastidious: Highly attentive to and concerned about accuracy and detail. He is meticulous and will go to painstaking lengths to make sure something is done the right way, even if it means taking his time. Happens to be rather picky. Takes great care and pride in his work. Kamakura is patient and is the type to lie in wait for the perfect moment. Very concerned about matters of cleanliness, after messing himself with blood he likes nothing more than a relaxing soak. His often capricious standards are difficult to please. A meticulous, sensitive and demanding demon.

The Meigetsuki family is well too do, originating from the mountains like many Nekomata's from a time long since forgotten. The family are a long line of Spirit Overseers; he/she who can easily locate those newly passed on ghosts. They are known for helping them get settled into this new life in Halloween. Legend has it Nekomata's are naturally friendly with all forms of spirits, undead and specters like beings. While they possess no abilities to control the dead, they have instead made a family business of the natural talent, and have for generations. They are good at helping transition those newly arrived.

Kamakura has three siblings, all of which are older than him. His twin sisters are second eldest, and his brother is the (rotten) apple of his parents eye. As he was born last, he often is picked on by his siblings and doesn't feel particularly close to them. Currently, he isn't that powerful or overly competent in his ability to summon small burst of fire, or flames. Fire and conjuring it is his preferred pass time and one day hopes to have better control. His Overseer powers haven't developed, and he's resistant to following in the traditions of his family history. For a demon he isn't very powerful just yet, as he is still young. As the youngest son he is expected to join in the business, like those before him. Instead he has opted to enroll in pursuit of furthering his knowledge. It is possible with time this latent overseeing power will come to be recognized.

He enjoys artistic adventures, jewelry and fancy clothes. With an eye for detail, he has a tendency to be forceful in his arguments and convictions. Kamakura likes things orderly, and done correctly. Likes collecting things, and adores the sounds bells make. This cat-demon is naturally curious, and will get himself into trouble in order to satisfy any nagging urges for further information. He is reserved, and prefers to watch and observe a situation before committing himself. He prefers to be the one in charge of a situation if possible. Kamakura isn't afraid to make requests, and can come across as cold and cynical. Often the nekomata likes to spend time hanging out in his feline body, that of a calico cat who's tails are split in two. He typically prefers his human form, it doesn't stop him from lazing about or seeking information that might be of use to him in either form. Not very physically powerful, his lingering flame orbs do the work for him, in time to make a mad dash and avoid injury.

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy?
Currently most interested in learning, he is fascinated by knowledge and wishes to grow into a more powerful cat-demon. Curious about meeting other shape-shifters (more specifically cat sub species).

FEAR Ability:

Burn Down: Used as a Supportive based ability akin to Tainted Fang. Can cast in either of his form; he conjures flame orbs that when touching an opponent slowly affects the target in a lingering-burn like fashion for the duration of its application. Vanishes after it's given time frame.

Physical Description:

Eye Colour: Amber-golden eyes narrowed in a suspicious stare. His iris/pupils are feline-like.
Hair Colour/Style: A mostly shaggy, ruffled hair style that is medium length. It is primarily black all over with white bangs.
Skin Colour: His ears, and split two tails are calico colouring. His cat markings are mostly white, with orange and black. As for the rest of his main body he is pale skinned.
Clothing Style/Colours: A white button down that has most of the top few buttons undone. Wears gloves that are white and black fingerless style. His neck tie is undone and draped around loosely around his shoulders and is black colour. He wears slightly baggy black socks. His shoes are black, and white tipped converse style shoes. Blood splattered on him wouldn't be unheard of but isn't a requirement.
Extra: Nails are painted black, and pointed/shaped into sharp claws.
References: [Eskimo] drew the following ref X - X. And these General idea of coat color - How the tail is split - silly things

(Side note for future natural ability reference. During year 2 his control of fire is enough to be used outside of battle for small simple tasks. In year 3 he'll come into his Overseeing powers, and be capable of easily finding ghosts that have just been created in Halloween. No control over them, or ability to manipulate however. )  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:04 pm
Heeey Leon!

Kamakura's Natural ability and fears look good and he sounds pretty cool personality wise.

There's one bit regarding his history/family though that's throwing me off a bit.

Anyone within halloween can talk to and interact with ghosts/undead given how.. well. They're a part of halloween as their own race! I'm not really sure what you refer to when you say they see and commune with the dead. Citizens of halloween who have died either become a ghost or undead or leave no trace of their former selves behind. Perhaps it's better that they're known more for finding ghosts that have just been created in Halloween and help them settle?  

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:16 pm
Yoooo Blade =D !

Awesome on his Natural ability and fear being good! I wasn't sure if those worked, so cool that I don't have to worry about fixing them. Fire starting cat demon lol <3

Ahh thats a better way to look at it/approach I like that! Just a family business helping find those newly passed/created on would work for me c: I wasn't sure how to work a bit of nekomata lore into his personal history. I'll reword his family/history to reflect this~

edit; i think my changes reflect your suggestion now owo/ !  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:39 pm
hola amigo

just gonna touch on sum da importantos (which isn't a lot rofl)

nat ability-He's got his cat form but what is the other form? His humanoid one? or a reg cat? A human form? Just clarify what is his natural form/normal state and then his alternate form~

Looking from blades crit and current things it looks good to me

solid broski

/rolls out decepticon style
leon_a_darkangel

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 pm
Ohai Vamps~!

Ahhh I was trying to be thorough, I missed that little detail. I should have specified that! His natural state is his two tailed cat/nekomata form. His humanoid one (with the ears and tail) is the alternate form technically speaking.

Would it be acceptable that without the pin Kama has a hard time holding the humanoid form/usually changes back to the cat-like body (as he is still a young demon) ? If so I'll update his natural ability to include he needs the pin to keep the humanoid form at all times/for classes and such, as he would otherwise struggle to do so on is own at the moment.

/salutes to and waits at my station

iStoleYurVamps
don't mind the edit notice spam B]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:46 pm
leon_a_darkangel
Ohai Vamps~!

Ahhh I was trying to be thorough, I missed that little detail. I should have specified that! His natural state is his two tailed cat/nekomata form. His humanoid one (with the ears and tail) is the alternate form technically speaking.

Would it be acceptable that without the pin Kama has a hard time holding the humanoid form/usually changes back to the cat-like body (as he is still a young demon) ? If so I'll update his natural ability to include he needs the pin to keep the humanoid form at all times/for classes and such, as he would otherwise struggle to do so on is own at the moment.

/salutes to and waits at my station

iStoleYurVamps
don't mind the edit notice spam B]

cool coolies yo

and yeah its fine tho most people just go w/ it as a flat ability- the pin's purpose is mostly to just make all students follow a 'uniform' body type and they cant willynilly change all over the place like woah.  

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:58 pm
That makes sense for the pins *nods* I figured he eventually can keep the alternate form with ease of practice. Eventually it won't require any assistance, which results in it just being a flat ability/willy nilly style.

Y1 nooblet lol.

Awesome tho! Thank you so much for the crit Vamps :] Made be think about something I hadn't yet. Glad everything else was in order <3

iStoleYurVamps

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:11 pm
BASIC CHARACTER KIT WHAT DO I DO NEXT

Welcome to This is Halloween!

Congratulations! Your character has passed the enrollment process and you're cleared to begin playing. Essentially, this means you can get your art certed, make your character's journal, and most importantly start RPing. If you're a little lost then don't worry, this guide is here to point you in the right direction.

gaia_crown [ Art Check! ]:

- Do you have your character's art? Great! Move onto the next crown.

- If you do NOT yet have your art, you may now contact your artist and let them know that they may now start on creating your character!

gaia_crown [ Certs & Emblems ]:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

- If your character is a STUDENT, you may create a customized student pin for them. This is entirely optional (but fun!) special badge that is unique to your character's design! You can find more information about pins (also known as their emblem) here.

- Hallowen characters (Students & Horsemen) may bet their character certed here!

- Hunters may get their certs here!

gaia_crown [ Creating a Journal ]:

- A journal is a thread where you can keep track of your character's accomplishments, RPs, progress, relationships, etc!

- All HALLOWEEN characters (Students & Horsemen) may create one here!

- All Hunters may create one here!

gaia_crown [ Let's RP! ]:

- Don't be shy about RPing! As soon as your character has been enroll approved you can start! Check out this awesome information about The World of Halloween and Amityville Academy. All students start off in Amityville academy. Need more things to do? Check out this whole subforum! Anything labelled Activity is open for you! Occasionally GMs will promote and open CLASSROOM orps. These usually happen in the classroom subforum. All students are invited to participate!

- If you are a Hunter, you will want to read the Hunter Newbie Guide Occasionally GMs will promote and open MISSION orps. These usually happen in the main Deus subforum and be followed by a guild announcement. All Hunters are invited to participate!

- If you are a Horsemen, please refer to here and the handy links in the first post as well as the other posts for concurrent and quest information! Need more things to do? Check out this whole subforum! Anything labelled Activity is open for you! Occasionally GMs will promote and open CLASSROOM orps. These usually happen in the classroom subforum. All Horsemen are invited to participate!

gaia_crown [ What's happening currently? ]:
- We try to keep all important things happening regularily updated in the ANNOUNCEMENTS THREAD. This goes for ALL FACTIONS. Have a question? Ask it in the Q & A !

gaia_crown [ Still feeling a little lost or overwhelmed? That's okay! ]:
- Check out what was just mentioned in FULL DETAIL HERE! Don't be too overwhelmed, there's time to sort everything out. For now, just enjoy some simple RP!

gaia_crown [ Finding RP ]:
- There's a bunch of ways to find RP. You can just contact a friend or any shop regular OR one of our available GMS for help! Otherwise, there are a lot of people looking to plot with YOU in their plotting threads! You can even make your own and advertise in your sig/ in the main thread/ etc etc!

- In addition any thread marked ORP is open for you to join!

- If you ever feel lost as a newbie, our many GMs are more than happy to one on one RP with you to help your character get acquainted. Send a PM to WE ARE HALLOWEEN and we can get you started this way as well. Otherwise, enjoy immersing yourself in the many RPS in TiH! It is all about discovery after all!

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas