Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[PRP] A Little Mortal Fun (Kali x Uzembe)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:08 am
User Image

On this hot day, Kali was sprawled out across a low-hanging branch that was perched directly over the edge of a larger - yet still fairly reclusive - watering hole. She had spent her morning terrorizing a family of ratels and had then shifted into flying around and stealing the kills of anyone she came across. All she had to do was make herself appear to be a massive and vicious looking lion and they practically gave her their meals. As much fun as it was, it was all fairly tiring, and this cat had worn herself down pretty early in the afternoon. When she came across this watering hole and this advantageous tree, she just couldn't pass it up. Sure, there were some poor lonely creatures taking resting around it before she got here, but she just 'shook up' the Earth a little and they all went running.

As much as she enjoyed their world, Kali still didn't quite understand mortals. She knew the basics of their existence, and that she needed them to exist, but they are all such dainty little things. She adored harassing them, but sometimes it was all a little too predictable.

Ever since she had come to exist, Kali had always been on her own, so she really didn't understand a lot of things she probably should of, mortals included. She was a curious creature, and had no real ill-intent, but it was her pride that kept her down here in the mortal realm, where things were simple - like this lazy afternoon.

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:01 pm
Polette

User Image

The young God of Negligence was not too concerned with... just about anything as far as the mortal world went. He was the sort of lion who did not let his mind linger too long on any one problem or happening, because he could not be bothered to follow through with it. Despite good intentions and his best efforts, sometimes, there was always something he managed to forget to do, or put to the side for later and just never go back to. He was a forgetful, and easily distracted sort, which meant taking on long term projects or goals was all but impossible for him.

His parents did their best to raise him well, and he took a lot of their lessons to heart. He was a good lion, and certainly did not go out of his way to hurt others or mess up their plans, but since it was part of the domain he ruled over, there were some things he just could not avoid.

The God was learning to just roll with the punches, really.

Uzembe was not used to running into other gods outside of his family, so when he saw the Goddess sleeping in a tree, he could not help but wander over to her. He flew around the tree and then landed on the floor beneath it, looking up at her and tilting his head to the side. He folded his wings, which were a dull rainbow color and missing a few feathers by now, and swung his tail behind him.

"Hello up there," he said awkwardly, shy by nature. With the parents of Failure and Clumsiness to guide him, he had a lot of self doubt to overcome now that he was out on his own. He wondered if his scruffy appearance would make her immediately not like him or, more likely, if she was a violent or angry domain that might attack him, just because she did look rather tough. He shuffled his paws awkwardly, glancing around.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:26 am

Blinking her eyes slowly, Kali vaguely saw a shadow run across the ground, but she passed it off as a vulture or some other large bird. Birds never really piqued Kali's interest, mostly because they weren't really worth going after. So if this one wanted to stick around, she wasn't going to stop it.

At least, until it said something. Opening her eyes, Kali held a mild scowl on her face, fully expecting to have to chase away some vulture that didn't know when to leave well enough alone. She shifted herself, pushing her torso up off the branch to get a better look at whatever poor soul she was about to lay her eyes on. "Listen-" Finally fixing her gaze, the goddess' words trailed off, her brain finally realizing what was standing in front of her. The last thing she expected to run into today was a god, and she had had such poor exposure to her fellow immortals that she wasn't too sure what to do in this situation.

Looking over him, he seemed young - well, younger than her, at least - but he didn't look like a mean domain, so she relaxed a little. Kali herself wasn't an especially mean domain - a happy medium, as she liked to think of it - and she didn't really want to meet any domains that were farther down on the spectrum than she was.

"I, um. I thought you were a bird." Finding her voice again, she flopped back down on the branch, not too concerned over his presence. He looked a little nervous, which made Kali grin to herself a little; while she didn't like to be frightening, she thought intimidating was a good look for her.

Lithiasaur
(( Finally a reply! ;3; ))

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:15 pm
Polette

Uzembe watched the other God, or rather the Goddess, and tilted his head lazily to the side. He was very nonchalant about most things, taking life in stride and never straining himself beyond reason. He was not the type to get easily invested in anything. Or anyone.

Some called him lazy, but that was not quite accurate. He would go out and do things, try things, and if he did say he was going to do something he always kept his promises. He just... did not do it with the same kind of grace and skill as most others. He had a habit of forgetting simple things, or procrastinating in an unfortunate way, or just not caring quite enough about what he was doing to see all the angles. He let things slip under his radar, though he felt like he was doing his best. He was sloppy.

Negligent.

"Well, I guess I'm partly a bird, what with the wings. Just a pretty big one. Uh. Are you... well, I mean, I can tell that you're a god like me. I'm Uzembe, God of Negligence. Which I don't think is a fair domain, I do try my best and I could help others... but with an introduction like that, I tend to get the short end of the stick."

That was one thing he could thank his father, Failure, for.

"I hope I'm not... uh... interrupting your nap or anything."

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:01 am

"Yeah, I guess that makes sense." Rolling onto her back, Kali used the tree branch as a temporary scratching post, wiggling around a little awkwardly as she tried to not fall off.

"Uzembe..." Letting her head roll back towards him, she paused while she gave him a full look-over. Even though she never really spent that much time around other Gods, she was always curious about domains and if each god actually looked the part. "Negligence, huh." She didn't think he looked bad - she associated negligence with carelessness, which wasn't all that great of a quality - but maybe it was his young appearance that played into the look. And who knows, maybe he was more of a 'personality domain.' "I like your wings, Uzembe." Shifting onto her side so she could hold a better conversation with the younger male, she was starting to think that maybe this wasn't a complete waste of time. "My name is Kali, Goddess of Hazards." She gave him a wink and a smile, letting one paw drop gently from the branch. "I wouldn't worry too much about introductions. I think it's more about actions, you know?" Kali lifted her eyes towards the branches above her, recalling all of the things she'd done to mortals recently. Man, what great times.

"And you did." She paused, returning her gaze to Uzembe after a moment. "But it's alright. It's not every day I get to meet another God." And one she hadn't angered recently to boot.

Lithiasaur
(( orz ))

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:42 pm
Polette

Uzembe watched her, tilting his head thoughtfully and relaxing a little bit. It was always very hard for him to relax around others, Gods or Mortals, because he had a pretty heavy dose of awkwardness in him. He blamed his parentage, but it was also just something he was born with. He was a shy, sweet lion by nature, and was only starting to learn how to be an adult.

"You do?"

He flexed his wings out a bit, looking at the tips of them as he coiled them forward. He could see the missing feathers and the way some of them poked out in the wrong directions, but they did have a nice rainbow effect to them, and when he flew they glimmered in the sun light. Not something he could really appreciate while flying, of course, but he knew the mortals liked it.

"I like your horns, Kali," Uzembe said, though he paused and thought about it. Was that really something to try and compliment someone on? He did like them, but he was not sure if she did. He cleared his throat and nodded, wondering if it would be better for him to go and leave her to her nap. He hated ruining nice moments, but he seemed pretty good at it.

"You don't like to visit other Gods, or the God Haven? There are plenty of them there, that's for sure."

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:43 pm

"Yeah, I think they're rather pretty." She looked down at him, giving a grin. Though she'd never admit it, Kali sometimes wished her wings had a bit more dazzle to them.

"Really?" Her expression shifted to one of innocent surprise - most others thought her horns were ugly or scary. Since they were hers, of course she liked them, but she was often a little insecure about them sticking out the way they did.

Shifting her weight, Kali quickly dropped down from the tree, coming to a standing position in front of the male. She was smaller in stature than most other Gods, but she seemed to be fairly comparable to the younger male. "I've never really enjoyed the company of other Gods. And the God Haven just seems so stuffy." She turned her head to the side, her eyes following a pair of birds fluttering around. "But I've decided I like you. So your company isn't bad." In her whimsical world, the term 'like' was loose, at best; it was a personality aspect that played more towards her domain. She could be genuine and true, but she tended to play into her fancies, which came and went like the wind.

Lithiasaur
(( Trying to get back to my RPs! Let me know if you want to drop this one though. orz ))

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:37 pm
Polette

Uzembe smiled and nodded his head, his compliment honest, as his nature was. He might have been the God of Failure's son, but he at least did his best... when he remembered to. He had a hard time following through, but being polite? That was something he could manage, at the very least.

When she dropped down in front of him, Uzembe jumped a bit and shuffled paws awkwardly against the ground. He squished down some of the grass he was standing on, flattening it and breaking some of the strands as he shifted. It was just a nervous habit, and he did not even notice he was doing.

It was a relief that she said she liked his company, at least, and he grinned sheepishly at her.

"I would have gone away if you didn't like it, so no worries if you still want me to leave. I'm used to annoying others, or just not... uh. Talking well... to them. So. Just let me know if we hit that point."

He smiled at her and did his best not to let his nerves get the better of him. She was closer now, and pretty, and he was a bit of a loser. Everything was working against him.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:01 pm

"It's quite alright." Though, thinking about it, she did have a few places to be at the moment. Which was a shame, since she was rather enjoying the company of this god.

"I think I need to go though." She looked at him directly, her brow furrowing a bit in disappointment. It was rare that she had any type of plan or engagement, and of course she would meet someone rather pleasant just beforehand.

"But, I have enjoyed your company. I will seek you out again, Uzembe." Kali gave the god a wink, hoping that perhaps she's found a future friend in this god. Well, if she can manage to locate him again. But, their lives were long, and she knew she'd have the time.

"Until next time?" She turned her head, searching for her proper heading. With one last smile and dip of her head, she bounced up, her wings taking over as she flew away.

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games