Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[ENROLLMENT] K'aradra's the Valkyrie [Magical Girl READY] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What say you?
  Aye!
  Nay!
View Results

Liath Black Di Hollow

6,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:36 pm
There I perceive valkyries and ravens,
accompanying the wise victory-tree
to the drink of the holy offering
Within have appeared these motifs

Bittiface
Liath Black Di Hollow

CONGRATS TO Liath Black Di Hollow!!!!!

You get to be a MAGICAL GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!

Welcome to K'haradras Quest Journal!!
My name is Liath and i just came out of Gaian-Retierement.
So after being absent for 4 years it was quite a surprise to win a MAGICAL GIRL in this Contract Week Event! i cant tell you all how pleased and excited i am!
Kara can be a challenging girl but she is really nice, deep down...under all that make up.
I hope you all enjoy her as much as i did creating her and if you think i should change something drop me a line!

Disclaimer: English is not my first language so if you find some grammatical and/or orthographical errors please point them out to me and i'll change them ASAP.

NAVI
Intro <-- you are HERE
Rp Plots
Weapons
Pets
Acquaintances

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:37 pm
Wise thought her the valkyrie; were welcome never men to the bright-eyed one, her who the birds' speech knew well.
The hymir's-skull-cleaver as on cliff he was perching.

AMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM

Name: K’haradras
Nicknames: Kara

Faction: Reaper
Race: Valkyrie

Natural Ability:
xxxxxxxxxLament: Valkyries are said to be able to sing with a voice so sad it stops their opponents in their tracks.

Personality:
Mirror, Mirror on the wall. Kara is vain, there is no way around that. While most of Amityville students try to be as scary as they can be Kara tries to look her best at all times. Her mother says that is a human trait and Fear knows where she got it from, Kara has a very specific beauty routine that goes from mud masks to goo hair treatments and don’t get me started on her makeup; but after all she is a Reaper not a Monster.

Honor Roll it might not look like it but Kara can be a nerd. She loves her classes and not only because it allows her to meet tons of new people, but simply because she loves learning. Curiosity must be an innate Reaper trait that is so ingrained into her she dreams of working in recon once she gets older and learn EVERYTHING there is to know about the human world.

Social Butterfly Kara is well aware that Reapers are not exactly the most popular in Halloween cause of their human likeness however this hasn’t stopped Kara from trying to make friends with every single demon, monster or ghoul that has crossed her path. She is well liked within the Reaper community but gaining others trust within the school walls might represent a challenge she is ready to take.

Heartbreaker Valkyries are known for being quite, ehem, amorous and free with their affection, and Kara is not the exception to the rule. She’s never had an official boy/girlfriend but she just cant wait to start school and meet all the demonic hotties new monsters and ghouls

Shine, glitter and sparkles Be it a simple plastic bead or a bona fide diamond, Kara simply ADORES anything that gleams, sparkles, glitz or shimmers. Her mother says its a typical Valkyrie attribute since they are really acquisitive but this girl might take it to the extreme. Everything in her room is covered in either glitter or shiny crystals and it takes all of her self control not to snatch shiny things when they don't belong to her. If she does take something that doesn't belong to her she will feel bad about it as soon as she snaps out of her enthrall and will look for a way to pay it back or make it up to the original owner but she will NOT give her shiny bauble back.

Shiny things
Gossip
Learning about the human world [ insert "Part of your world" song here]

Dislikes:
Being alone
Rudeness
Lies
Creepy Crawlies [lol good luck with that, girl ]
Getting her clothes dirty/damage <- this is a surefire way to make her go berserk.

K'ara might look like an air headed bimbo but remember she is still a Valkyrie and will not hesitate to rip your still beating heart from your chest if you damage her outfit. She might not be as strong as Monsters or Demons but she is physically fit and not afraid to kick butts, she can hold her ground in a fight even if she would rather not cause you know, she might stain her pretty dress with your guts.

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy? Back at home its only Mother and Kara, and don't get me wrong, Kara ADORES her mother but its driving her crazy. Kara's mom suggested the Academy for two reasons, 1) she knows her daughter loves to meet new people and needs to socialize with others and 2) to develop her Fear ability. So far the older Valkyrie has allowed her daughter to keep her funny human quirks but its about time she puts her feet back on the ground and start thinking about her future; make up and pretty clothes wont help her survive in this world, scaring the living daylights out of others does.

Even if Kara doesn't agree 100% with her Mother she accepted to enroll in the Academy in order to fulfill her dream of working as a Infiltration and Reconnaissance Reaper in order to explore the Human World, but in order to do that she needs to study hard and master her Fear.

FEAR Ability:
Even if Valkyries are known to be strong fighter i wanted Kara to be more Recon oriented so her attacks are designed to either help her escape or protect her. By her 3rd year at school she might understand that sometimes you have to stand your ground and fight back...so you might as well risk an attack with prolonged damage.

Dazzling Gleam The Mind [Y1]
K'haradras' Lantern emits a bright ray of light that blinds her opponent just long enough to allow her to escape.

Wall of Light The Barrier [Y2]
K'haradras' Lantern emits a bright ray of light that becomes a shimmering tangible wall that protects Kara in the case she has to remain back while planning her escape.

Diamond Shards The Tained Fang [Y3]
K'haradras' Lantern emits a bright ray of light that transforms into sharp diamond like shards that fly at her target, cutting and scratching. [have you ever tried to fight with glass shards digging into your flesh? trust me its not fun]

Physical Description:
User Image

Eye Colour: Silver/Glass Like
Hair Colour/Style: Silver-ish White the tips are lightly dyed another color (right now its golden) and she styles it in a messy side loose braid
Skin Colour: On Karas own words "I'm not pale! it's called Ivory and i'm rockin' it!"
Clothing Style/Colours: MAGICAL GIRL
Extra: She has tiny fangs that are only noticeable when you look closely and slightly pointed ears but other than that she looks completely human.
References: Tek tek over here ====>  

Liath Black Di Hollow

6,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Liath Black Di Hollow

6,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:39 pm
Then light shone from Logafell,
and from that radiance there came bolts of lightning;
wearing helmets at Himingvani came the valkyries.
Their byrnies were drenched in blood;
and rays shone from their spears.
RP Plots  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:39 pm
Helmeted valkyries came down from the sky the noise of spears grew loudthey protected the prince;
then said Sigrunthe wound-giving valkyries flew, the troll-woman's mount was feasting on the fodder of ravens

User Image
Unlike most Valkyries, and to her mothers great distress, Kara's weapon is not a spear, or sword not even a dagger...it's a rather beautiful and elegant looking hanging lantern which matches ever so perfectly with her entire wardrobe.
Normally Kara uses it to light her way around when it's too dark, she HATES creepy crawlies and light seems to scare them off, or to shine light into peoples eyes when they make her angry. Of course she could easily bash it into peoples head if the need ever arises...just to get her point across.  

Liath Black Di Hollow

6,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Liath Black Di Hollow

6,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:40 pm
Pets  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:45 pm
Acquaintances  

Liath Black Di Hollow

6,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Liath Black Di Hollow

6,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:19 pm
Fan Art
User Image
K'aras (Messy as hell) Room  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:07 pm
Still working on wording some of her personality traits but i think its good for a quick look?  

Liath Black Di Hollow

6,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Liath Black Di Hollow

6,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:24 am
Keeping this here for when i need it

Amityville Enrollment Ready!

*CHARACTER TYPE HEADER HERE LOOK UP*
Character Name: K'haradras
Faction: Amityville
Link to Quest Thread: K'aradras, Magical Girl
Obtained By: Bittiface rolled me n.n

IS EVERYTHING FILLED OUT IN YOUR QUEST THREAD? Yes
DOES YOUR CHARACTER HAVE A FEAR ATTACK? Yup

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=22177831  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:39 pm
Hello, please don't mind the intrusion, My brain is too fried to read in depth, but I have a FEAR ability suggestion? If you'd like her to be support and her weapon is a lantern, you could easliy have a headlights ability to flash, stun, or confuse, as a form of defense (but you could use it as offense too, also potentially useful if she ever scouts the human realm and needs to confuse a human quick to get away.  

Wingseagle

Peaceful Bibliophile

19,475 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Liath Black Di Hollow

6,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:00 pm
Huh...that actually makes a whole lot more sense!!
it could double as either offense/defense
and this is why i asked help from you little genius >w< Thanks!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:26 pm
I am a little braindead, so forgive my lack of input.I think she sounds pretty good and I'll try to re-read at a later date for more in depth crits ^__^ I like her lantern concept muchly!  

Aazhie

Greedy Wolf

Liath Black Di Hollow

6,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:46 pm
Aazhie
I am a little braindead, so forgive my lack of input.I think she sounds pretty good and I'll try to re-read at a later date for more in depth crits ^__^ I like her lantern concept muchly!

Thank you n.n im glad you like her!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:32 pm
The only thing I can really comment on as a GM is why she lacks wings. The race of Valkyrie is significantly tied to the fact they have wings- It's basically what makes up a huge key trait of their myth in how they function in Lore.

As far as personality goes 'creepy crawlies'-> do you mean as we see them IE bugs, bats typical things that would be associated with halloween
OR
do you mean halloween's take on creepy crawlies? IE what we would see as they stereotypical 'kawaii' or 'chibi'

The reason I ask is because in Halloween things are kind of reversed- if you like what humans consider cute then you're going against the norm. While you don't have to change anything I wanted to ask because right now it's a bit vague and it depending it can help flesh out her character a bit more!

The only other thing that strikes out to me is her personality overall- there are few negatives to who she is and quite a few blanket statements. She's vain but there isn't much on how this interferes with her interaction with others. Just that she likes to look her best. She's smart but no info on how this helps her with again, interacting with others. Social- how is she social, how does she take rejection? How does she deal with confrontation? Heartbreaker- How does she act with those she likes? How does she plan to gain affection? etc etc

Basically what I'm asking is less 'IS she X trait' but rather 'HOW does X trait change and alter how she acts and interacts with others'.
A good way to do this is just by asking some basic journalistic questions- Who, what, where, when, why, how. Provide an example or two if it helps. Overall when a fellow RPer reads a trait they want to be able to get a good grasp on how a character might behave or interact in order to build an RP or plot that would work well. So while the traits are good, fleshing them out can help in the long run!
Another thing to help is balancing- remembering that for each positive aspect there is typically a negative or drawback. Also avoiding making statements that go across the board.

That's all I can think or right now and hope it helps!

Liath Black Di Hollow

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items