Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[Q] Kalypso, Kraken Monster Girl [Crits please?]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Release teh Kraken!
  Aye!
  Nay!
View Results

Liath Black Di Hollow

6,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:01 pm

User Image
Hello everyone and welcome to Calypso's Quest Thread!!
a long time ago i had this idea of making a monster girl but i could never find a race that i really really liked, then...in comes the Kraken!
I absolutely adore the ocean/sea and its animal [i always wanted to be a Marine Biologist] so a Kraken was the perfect option for me.
I hope you like Calypsos character and if you find something that you think needs fixin' do tell me and i'll see if i can twitch it!

Navi
Intro --you are here
Rp plots and Log
Weapons
Pets
Friends
Fan Art
Mythology

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:04 pm
Below the thunders of the upper deep;Far far beneath in the abysmal sea,
His ancient, dreamless, uninvaded sleep the Kraken sleepeth: faintest sunlights flee

User Image

AMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM

Name: Mamie Calypso
Nicknames: Caly

Faction: Monster
Race: Kraken

xxxxxNatural Ability:
xxxxxxxxxxKraken's Call: when angry, Krakens can emit a thunderous roar that fills those who hear it with terror, stopping them dead int heir tracks or sends them fleeing in panic (Right now the most she can do is surprise other and make them shudder but that's it, just like any loud noise that takes you by surprise. Her Call should get stronger as she gets older and scarier)

Personality:
Easy going
Doesn’t take anything too seriously
Foodie/ she will eat anything and ANYONE, if it fits on her mouth, she eats it.
Surfer/Raver Girl
Caly is physically strong like most monsters are. She doesn't know her own strength and has to be aware of her moves just to make sure she wont hurt someone accidentally

Surfing, swimming, diving, you get the idea.
Human Candy.

Dislikes
Clothes, since Caly's real form is a cephalopod, strictly speaking, her body is quite malleable and soft, she finds clothes to be too bothersome and constricting
People who take things too seriously.
Loosing her cool. she really does try to keep her temper in check.

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy?

FEAR Ability: While planning her ability i wanted to show how i wish her to evolve as a student, at first when she cant control her Fear the attack is all over the place and might actually prove to be a danger even to herself. As she keeps studding and getting older she starts to focus and narrows down her attack range.

Category 1 Typhoon Gambler's Chance [Y1]
When truly enraged or upset a Kraken can influence the weather creating a mighty storm. As of Year 1 Calypsos Fear makes the sky to darken with clouds and strong winds to hit whomever is standing close. Since objects tend to fly around as a result of this she could get hurt as well.

Category 2 Typhoon The Charge [Y2]
When truly enraged or upset a Kraken can influence the weather creating a mighty storm. As of Year 2 Calypsos Fear makes the sky to darken with clouds and strong winds to rise, after trying to master her hurricane winds in Y1 Caly decides to channel her fear into manipulating the storms lightning in an attempt to hit those tho stand near her...of course she could still totally miss.

Category 3 Typhoon Battle Cry [Y3]
When truly enraged or upset a Kraken can influence the weather creating a mighty storm. As of Year 3 and after lots of experimentation and training her Fear Caly's Typhoon storm pours down a deluge that she then channels into a wall of water to hit her target straight on.

[A fully grown Kraken can create a Category 5 Typhoon which reaches ≥157 mph, ≥252 km/h]
Physical Description:
User ImageUser Image

First of all, for body type i would like her to be kinda pudgy, not exactly fat but she should have some curves. I mean her real form is a cephalopod for all it's worth and they are squishy and all over the place

Eye Colour: Golden
Hair Colour/Style: White, she changes the style constantly, right now is shaven on one side while long on the other.
Skin Colour: Black with teal luminescent markings that glow with strong emotion. (Happiness, sadness, anger, etc)
Clothing Style/Colours: Caly actually doesn't like clothes, they are bothersome and constricting, but since she had to get dressed at school she goes for a more Raver/Surfer style, by a personal rule, the less clothing the better...much to the schools faculty distress.
Extra: She keeps a tentacle tail and tentacle "horns" on her head in her humanoid form. She also has razor sharp teeth, three rows of them actually but only the first show...unless she is royally pissed off.
References: Working on them!  

Liath Black Di Hollow

6,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Liath Black Di Hollow

6,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:05 pm
RP plots and log

About his shadowy sides; above him swell huge sponges of millennial growth and height;
And far away into the sickly light, from many a wondrous grot and secret cell

User Image Art done by lovely [Eskimo]  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:05 pm
Weapons/trinkets
Unnumber'd and enormous polypi winnow with giant arms the slumbering green.

There hath he lain for ages, and will lie Battening upon huge seaworms in his sleep,

Liath Black Di Hollow

6,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Liath Black Di Hollow

6,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Pets
Until the latter fire shall heat the deep;
Then once by man and angels to be seen,
In roaring he shall rise and on the surface die.

I want her to have a vampire squid (because, DUH! vampire!) or a Dumbo Octopus >w<  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:08 pm
Friends  

Liath Black Di Hollow

6,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Liath Black Di Hollow

6,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:09 pm
fan art reference and tektek

""Let no joyful voice be heard! Let no man look up at the sky with hope! And let this day be cursed by we who ready to wake…the Kraken!""
User Image
User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image
User Image

GRadient Colors Codes
#000000 Black
#48D1CC TEal  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:10 pm
Mythology
User Image
Daddy Dearest heart

"Well, if you believe in such things, there's a beast that does the bidding of Davy Jones. A fierce creature with giant tentacles that'll suction your face clean off and drag an entire ship down into the crushing darkness…the Kraken. The stench of his breath…Imagine the last thing you know on God's green earth is the roar of the Kraken and the reeking odor of a thousand rotting corpses…If you believe such things."

Liath Black Di Hollow

6,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Liath Black Di Hollow

6,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:22 pm
Extra just in case  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:24 pm
User Image
I would like help on her Natural Ability and Fear Ability?
Do you guys think any of those would actually work?  

Liath Black Di Hollow

6,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Aazhie

Greedy Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:22 am
I think if she has a non human mer-body that can be her natural ability IF you want her to be able to willingly shift back and forth.

Otherwise I think the Kraken Call sounds like a fun Natural Ability. It's innately spooky and would be good if she needs to get someone's attention or for her to do when she is angry or scared...

The storm OR the call could also work as fear abilities. I think the call would work well as a Mind type thing that distracts them to make them miss their attack. It could possibly cause some damage if it were like a banshee scream attack?

The storm/ocean as an attack could be interesting too. Do you have a specific aspect of weather, like lighting in mind? I think if you pick one element of a storm such as: the wind you could make it into a physical attack, or thunder could be a distracting Mind kind of thing that could buy her time to escape or attack... Obviously, as a kid, she could start out small, but you could also divide up the elements of the storm phenomena and have her start out like year 1: wind, year 2: thunder, year 3: lightning??

as to what kind of attacks these are... she seems like a pretty physical, not afraid to touch or brawl kind of monster, so I would assume she would be more happy to inflict damage BUT if you think she's more into scaring an enemy than hurting them, perhaps more mind-like tricks that unnerve them, you can emphasis the sounds and startling flashes, or the way the wind can blind you or knock you off balance! It can help develop her personality to think about what she really wants to do- as far as psychological or physical damage!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:53 pm
Aazhie

Your critique helped me a lot to figure out her fear, thank you so much! n.n  

Liath Black Di Hollow

6,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:39 pm
Her Fears are looking pretty good, though the need to be enraged to tap into it isn't really necessary. Same goes with her natural ability.

Regarding the natural abilities, things that cause some sort of mentalish affect on another can be pretty tricky. It's good that you've watered it down for her y1, though.

Also I noticed you have a section for weapons - as a heads up, when it comes to students, non reapers are not allowed weapons. The only way she'd be able to acquire one is if she earned an artifact through the artifact quests or elsewhere, more or less.

Other than that, yay kraken!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:34 pm
Blade Kuroda

Oh the enraged part was just some flavor text, its more of a reminder for myself of her "monster-ish" nature
and yea the "weapons part" was supposed to just say trinkets..i keep correcting it but it just wont save...i think my computer and Gaia are trolling me TT__TT

and thanks for your comments im really glad you think she is fine n.n  

Liath Black Di Hollow

6,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items