Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]
[PRP - West] Beautiful Songstress (Zia x Hidaya)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:21 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Duchess Zhao had heard of a new singer who made her way to the West. As a duchess, and knowing how her brother (the heir) was, she knew that it would be no bother to seek out this singer on her own, as the lioness rarely had anything important to do or learn. She had learned how to be a good lady, but there were no marriage proposals coming towards her, as two of the houses still didn't have any new heirs. If she was to stay in the West and grow to be an old single maid, well, she was going to make sure that she had a good time. And a good time around here meant enjoying the Bards!

"Now, where should I look?" she asked herself. She ignored the few cautious looks she received from passing members, perhaps surprised to see her out on her own. Ignoring them, she wandered over to where many of the bards, singers, and artisans gathered, trading stories and songs and trinkets. She may even spot a trader or here too; this was the closest think to a 'marketplace' that the West had.

"I heard she's pink...which isn't common here, so how hard could it be to spot her?" Duchess Zong was really hoping to learn more about her. It wasn't too common that a singer came to these parts, only artisans.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:37 am
User Image

Hidaya - or Jia-li as she'd been told her name was now in the pride - had counted her luck to find such a beautiful land like this in her travels, her paws had wandered everywhere like her parents had...but even they had found a place to settle in their old age. And had been happy thankfully, she did miss them so...even if she wasn't sure about what their state was. But in her mindful wanders she had found this place, the Tianxia, amidst singing to herself of all things - had she been the shy type she'd had been frightfully embarrassed.

The cheeton however, was more than happy to sing for others and today was no different.

Having no clue of the way the pride worked fully she had decided to follow some of the other bards into the 'marketplace' as they'd called it with the artisans, she watched people in their craft with wide and eager eyes. These lions were so talented! And these bards telling stories through their songs...smiling to herself she settled herself in a place where she wouldn't be bothering anyone particularly and hummed softly to herself. So many inspiring and talented people, it made her happy to have came across this pride even more so.

Lost to her good feelings, her humming slowly began to form into words.

"Sunshine..sunshine...raaaaaining....sunshiiiiine..."

Her ears perked and she smiled to herself as she continued happily to herself.

"When you think all hope is gone, there's a place somewhere beyoooond~ Take a chance and reeeaaaalize, it's right before your very eyes~"

Her smile just grew as she continued to sing to herself softly, but still in a spirited and joyous manner as her aria grew - unaware that she was being looked for by someone.

Safaia

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:13 pm
Duchess Zhao's head popped up when she heard a new voice. A different voice. She didn't think she recognized it, but one could never be too sure in the West. New singers and bards popped up from time to time, those who decided they didn't want to just be hunters anymore and ventures into the arts. But she had to investigate this.

Her ears swiveled around her as her pace slowed, trying to listen for that voice while not being too pushy. Though the movement of bodies swayed around her to give her room to move, she didn't want to seem rude. She was too well trained for that.

Then...."There!!!"

Pink. Oh yes, there was a pink female there, and she was certainly singing. Zhao made her way over with a bright, curious look on her face. She listened to the song for a bit more, until...

"Are you the new singer I've heard about? Zhao blurted out, suddenly embarrassed that she couldn't hold it in any longer.

Lightning Shadow X
I'm very sorry for the delay, today ended up complicated. ;u; <33

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:40 am
The female had been happily engrossed in her singing before someone spoke to her and she blinked, ears swiveling as she looked to the lioness that had approached. She could see out of the corner of her eyes the reactions on some of the other's faces and she could only assume that this was someone important...still...important or not she offered a smile and stood from her seated position.

"Hello there!" She chimed cheerfully before listening to the lioness' inquiry, only for her smile to brighten. New singer? It made her happy to know she'd been accepted that quickly!

"That would be me! Jia-li, lovely to meet you!"

Safaia
It's fine hun! As long as you're okay and nothing bad's happened <3

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:36 pm
"Ah!" Well, that probably was quite the rush, and she felt a little bit bad for being so upfront...but that guilt didn't last very long. Her position meant that she almost always got what she wanted, and so she was used to just being brash and not needing to excuse herself.

"I've heard good things, but I couldn't help myself I just had to see if it was true!" She swooned for a moment, and then finally settled herself down to sit.

"I am Zhong Zhao, and my parents are the Lord and Lady here," she said with a flick of her tail. "I love hearing the performers and bards, and I couldn't wait to hear you. Sometimes invitations to perform for us are slow to happen."

Perhaps she was giving a bit too much information too quickly, but she hadn't ever had an issue before and so her boundaries in dealing with others were wide open.

"What I heard was so nice!"

Lightning Shadow X
Sorry I tag you so late ;;

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:23 am
Lord and Lady? She'd briefly been brought up to speed on that, they were the ones in charge of the different houses, but the Emperor and Empress were in charge of the entire pride....what an interesting system. Rubbing her chin thoughtfully for a moment she returned her attention back to Zhong Zhao curiously before hearing why was she was here.

A fan of singing?
Now that was something she could understand, singing was a wonderful way of expressing yourself! So having people that were appreciative of it was just a very nice bonus, especially if you could lift their spirits in the process!

"Well it's very nice to meet you, miss Zhong Zhao!" Listening as she just spilled out information and caused the cheeton's smile to just burst at the seems. She was enthusiastic and she didn't mind. When she complimented her singing, the pale pink female offered another bright smile before giving a small, thoughtful chuff.

"Woooould you like me to sing for you?"

Safaia
It's fine, the heat's been draining my muse lately. Besides RP's for leisure enjoyment! ^^

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:11 pm
Duchess Zhao was thrilled that the songstress was as sweet as she thought she would be; far from the possible fears that she would be difficult and self-indulgent. On the contrary, Zhao was a very indulgent lioness herself, but as she grew and began to understand the workings of the house, she did her best to curb it.

But...when someone offers, why say no?

"Oh, I would love that. Something short and sweet is fine...then perhaps I can find the perfect venue for your talent!" She knew that her grandmother would just love this little cheeton, and Zhao was determined to make that meeting happen.

She sat herself down, turning all her attention to the bard before her.

Lightning Shadow X

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:24 am
The cheeton practically bounced as the Lady accepted her little request to sing for her, in her travels not many others had the time to listen to a song or have a nice pleasant chat. Not that she could blame them, survival was important, but they had to make time for SOME leisurely activity.

Now...a song. Something short and sweet. What was that song she and her mother used to sing long ago when they'd been staying in a cave during their travels? The memories flickered over each other like different layers of a flower being peeled away to the bud before finally she remembered and she sat down with a smile.

With a smile she began to sing for the lady infront of her, forepaws bouncing slightly infront of her as she piped out the rhythm happily.

"Siiiiing~ Sing a sooooooong~ Sing out loooooud, sing out strooooooong~"

Her eyes closed contentedly amidst her song.

"Sing of good things not baaaaad, sing of happy, not saaaaaad~"

"Siiiiing~ Sing a soooooong~ Make it simple, to last your whole life looooooooong~"

The cheetons eyes opened as she raised a paw with another reassuring smile.

"Don't worry if it's not good enough, for anyone else to heeeeear~ Just siiiiiiiing~ Sing a soooooooooong~"

When she was done she sat there with a another smile, tail wriggling away at the tip contentedly as she awaited the verdict or better yet, a smile from her audience.

Safaia

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:06 pm
Zhao smiled as Jia-li prepared herself, sitting nice and still. She was the one that asked for this, it was only fitting that she be as good of an audience as ever. As soon as she started, Zhao was amazed. They had quite a few skilled bards in their midst, but this was a songstress. There most likely wouldn't be any epic tales being sung out of her mouth, only beautiful songs.

Well, maybe a love ballad or two!

"Wow...." Zhao finally breathed. "I heard you were good but...wow." She took a moment to absorb her thoughts, and then warmly smiled at Jia-li.

"I may ask you to learn a love song or two, your voice is perfect for it!"

Lightning Shadow X

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:19 pm
Zhao's praise certainly helped boost the confidence she had in herself, it was all for naught if she couldn't lighten someone's spirits and the cheeton took a modest bow. She'd done well and Jia-li as she was now known was more than thrilled by the reception.

Tilting her head curiously at the comment, the female's large blue eyes blinked owlishly. A love song? Huh, she'd never thought of singing a love song...then again, she'd never really been in love. Not even a crush. Not that there hadn't been many attractive males on her journeys, she'd just not seen them that way, she'd been more interested in their friendship!

Raising a paw to rub at her chin thoughtfully she looked over the lady, oh but she couldn't disappoint the lady...

Smiling, she placed her paw back down and offered yet another chipper response.

"It sounds like a fun challenge, my lady! I'd love to learn a love song or two!"

Safaia

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:41 pm
The duchess beamed. "Oh, you'll have to have a messenger sent to me once you've got one...I'd love to hear it all to myself." She sighed dreamily to herself, knowing that she may never really be in love herself one day...since her position made it very possible for an arraigned marriage rather than one out of love. With how her mother was, it was almost a certainty.

"Thank you, Jia-li. I'm certain that you'll become a popular bard in no time with your singing!"

Lightning Shadow X

[IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff