Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]
[PRP - East] Post-Lesson Greetings (Yu Jie x Mmoloki'nane)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:30 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quizhi had just finished up a lesson, mentally tallying what she was going to have to go over before the next lesson. The grey-spotted lioness was thrilled to be learning more difficult things than the basic lessons, and she hoped that one day soon she could help teach. Sigh. It was a far off dream, and she needed to learn more. History was what she loved most, and she could still remember her lessons from her birth pride about how the Tuait'tekem had overpowered its beginnings to become a thriving pride...all for it to be lost. There were lessons to learn there, and Quizhi was certain that if she kept studying, she would be able to teach the next generation those lessons. Life wasn't always easy, but there was always a path to keep going.

"Ooh!" The lioness wasn't quite watching where she was going and almost ran right into a male. "Oh, I am terrible sorry. I am too caught up in my thoughts to pay attention to where I am going." She wanted to make sure that he was alright; being courteous was always important to her.

"I deeply apologize," she said with a short bow. She thought she recognized him as a fellow student...which wouldn't be too uncommon in the East house.

((if her colour is too hard to read just let me know ;; ))  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:18 pm
User ImageMmoloki'nane was minding his own business, trying to travel to someplace quiet where he could recite his stories and review anything he needed to remember for the lessons the next few days. As he looked over his right shoulder, something bumped into his left shoulder. He was startled as he turned to see the lioness, definitely a fellow student that he had seen before.

As she quickly apologized for not looking, Mmoloki forced a small smile. "It's alright. I wasn't looking either. I've always got my head somewhere else, it seems. There's a lot I need to learn to become what I need to be..." His head was already again in the clouds, thinking about working his way up to a historian. "Do you ever feel that way? That there's just so much to try and learn? I wish it was all in a story for me." The lion sighed. "Much easier to remember stories."

tani duh!

Magical Lunatic

5,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Timid 100

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:30 pm
Ah, well, at least he didn't seem too upset. They both were just caught up in studies...though the more he spoke, the more concerned she felt for him. It seemed a little..sad? Or just wistful. Quizhi looked at him a little more closely...but offered him a warm smile.

"Oh, I do agree. I love learning but there's just so much to learn! I had stories from my home pride that I have memorized, but trying to learn all the history that the East has gathered is so hard." She swished her tail behind her, considering his comment about stories.

"Stories as in..bed time stories?" She hadn't really thought about a different process of learning about history. She was so used to reciting things now that the concept of storytelling had been lost to her. "Or from an old storyteller, who always seemed to add a bit of...zest to them?"

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:53 pm
His ears perked up at her words and he metaphorically crashed back to the ground. She knew stories from her pride too? His old pride had disbanded, and he was the "storyteller" of their pride, he told their histories and their lore through stories. Until it broke up. He had lost everything he lived for, he never took a mate, never started a family, he had all these stories and no one who cared about them anymore.

Mmoloki nodded, his big dusty mane flopping with his head. "Yes, exactly like a storyteller! I guess some of them could be bed time stories, too, but more like those of action and adventure and of the saviors of our felines!" He recalled the days when many came to him to hear the stories of their ancestors and their heroes, he missed those days.

"If only the east had all their histories in stories, it would be much easier! Do you not agree? I would be a historian in a heartbeat. " His voice sounded much less defeated, now, one could tell something in him was switched on.

tani duh!

Magical Lunatic

5,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Timid 100

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:20 pm
"I'm trying to remember my storyteller...I just remember hearing a lot of stories from my parents," she said happily. "Or whoever else was bored and wanted to entertain everyone. I really enjoyed it." Sometimes she had wished she'd trained to be a historian instead of a hunter, but making life choices when one is so young isn't easy.

"I agree to a point," she said with a nod. "I enjoy the memorization and recitation...but I know of a few other students who don't learn that way very well at all." She tried to hide a laugh behind her paw as she thought of Yinse Shen, and how he was about to drop out of classes and perhaps learn to be a guard instead.

"I think its a splendid idea, however. I think that you should argue your way into becoming a teacher of stories like that! I can't imagine them saying no, everyone loves to learn different methods of learning and teaching...one you show them in works." She wasn't sure if she wanted to be a historian yet, but she loved learning about history. One day soon she should probably figure out her exact career path.

"I would love to hear your stories once you get to that point!"

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:51 pm
His eyes widened. This was one of the first times he had interacted with someone since he had joined Tianxia... And they were interested in his stories?! His tail flicked happily from side to side, brushing the ground gently as he began to speak again.

"Would you?? Would you really?! I know many, I would love to share them with you sometime!" She was right in saying that not everyone learned that way, he remembered the lions that would come to him to hear the same stories over and over again back home, and yet every time they heard the story it was like a new one. It was still exciting and they knew the general plot, but they couldn't remember how the little lion made the god run in fear, or how the hippopotamus raced and won against the hare. Her words gave him some hope that perhaps his past would come in handy here, he just needed to work up and apply it. "Perhaps I should try and see if it would work with students... But there's a lot for me to learn before I can even consider all of that." He laughed himself, the first genuine laugh he'd let free in Gods know how long, "and to think, I don't even know your name."

tani duh!

Magical Lunatic

5,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Timid 100

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:53 pm
"O-oh! I am so sorry," she said with a very polite bow to her fellow student. "I should introduce myself before I continue. I am Quizhi, and my homelands were in a desert, not as far from here as other prides I've heard of. It was called the Tuait-tekem. It was a nice place, but I enjoy in here as well," she grinned. "Learning here seems different, with so many possible subject choices."

"Anyway, I think a few of us would enjoy them," she said. "I know of two siblings, and a new member who have bright hearts but sometimes struggle with the lessons. I'm certain they'd want to listen in." Yinse was a moron but sweet, and perhaps stories from someone else would finally set him on a path he could put his heart into.

"You could always start as non-official classes, like...at night, with the full moon rises? That would be incredible."

tani duh!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:00 pm
As Quizhi spoke, he could feel his heart get a little lighter. It had been a long time that he roamed the rogue lands, and he had never happened upon anyone who seemed excited about stories, never mind excited enough to want to listen to his stories. He felt he was in a place where he could make a difference and where he was definitely going to find his place. "Wonderful to make your acquaintance, I'm Zongxiàn. I came from a forest in the mountains." He didn't particularly want to dwell on his past right now, and jumped to his next thoughts.

"That sounds like an ideal time to do it!" His voice was filled with excitement, a smile covering his face. "And that gives me enough time between meetings to learn new histories and stories. I would love if you could.. help spread the word?" He didn't want to seem pushy, but he only knew so many people, and it would be good to have more people getting the word out. "I only know so many people, in reality very few, and even fewer that would be likely to come. It seems like you know more! Even just starting with the two siblings!"

He imagined it, a small group, perhaps 5 or 6, sitting in a moon lit circle. He sat slightly above them, retelling his story and acting parts out, changing his voice to fit the different characters. It was all he dreamed.

Safaia

tani duh!

Magical Lunatic

5,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Timid 100

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:21 pm
Quizhi laughed, her tail beating on the ground behind her. She couldn't help herself, his excitement seemed to be rubbing off onto her. She loved any type of learning, and if this didn't work well for her...well, what was the harm of just getting together and sharing stories? She knew that this might be just the thing to help liven up the East, as well.

"I would be happy to," she said with a smile. "And I'm certain that those I know are friendly with others that I don't know very well. Word will spread easily."

She paused, happy to be of help, but unsure what the next course of action would be. "Do you...want to do a test run soon? I would be happy to get a couple of students to gather up, it can get a little quiet when the sun begins to set...." She wasn't sure when he would be ready to give it a shot, but trying it out with some low-key students may be best.

tani duh!
this reply feels weird, sorry ;;

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:14 am
Safaia
I didn't think it was weird! c:

He was ecstatic about the idea of telling stories to groups again. He was caught in a sea of hopefulness for the future, of the meetings and his standing with the tribe, and also of blissful memories. The words of stories he thought he had forgotten flooding back into his mind, the gate to the dam broken down after all this time. And with her help, even just to find other, eager students, he would reach a wider crowd; he could share his love with all of them.

"A test run sounds marvelous, like just the thing to get this all booted up." He wiggled his nose a little as he thought about a good time. He'd want to compile at least one story about the East, but he could probably tell some of the lore he knew from his old home too. "Perhaps in a week? That would provide me with ample time to reconstruct some history into a proper story." He was making a mental list as he spoke, putting everything he'd need for success in order in his mind. "Would that work for you, Quizhi? As I can't move forward with our idea without you there!" He had a jolly smile on his face.  

tani duh!

Magical Lunatic

5,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Timid 100

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:32 pm
Quizhi felt herself smiling wider than she had in...forever!

"A week sounds perfect! I will make sure that my friends are there. Maybe we can even rope on of the hunters to bring us something to eat too...oh I'm so excited!" She could feel herself vibrating with excitement, thrilled that she would be able to experience something new, and help develop and support it as well!

"If you need any help before then, just let me know! We can always meet after class and plan out other details we haven't thought of yet..." Which was bound to happen, with their shared excitement!

tani duh!
Ugh, sorry for the delay x_x

[IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces