Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 13 Directory (Tell us a bit about yourself!)
Thorn's Intro Thread (Support Crew) UPDATED 12/04/14

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thornwick

Crew

Fashionable Lunatic

21,050 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:05 pm
( sweatdrop Oh, boy... I'm just all over the place. Well, I wanted to be "active" so I guess that alright.)

Hi all, name's Thornwick, and I've just acquired the title of "Crew Assistant" (got the job yesterday, actually).

At the moment, I'm caught up in some fabulous reading material (all the guild announcements and stickies), but I did manage to snag a judge's chair for the SDRP Character/Writing Contest, in which some of you were tasked to tell us about our Dean and Captain. I've enjoyed reading all the entries and wish the participants the best of luck! In addition to the contest, you may have seen me lurking around the member directory and SDRP General Chatroom. At the moment, my activity is pretty scarce, but I hope to remedy that as soon as I've checked off everything on my C.A. to-do list.

At the moment, I've no desire to tutor so much as I've the desire to be tutored; I hope to enroll into a few classes during my time here.

I really should just copy and paste this part:
"I've been role-playing for as long as I've been a Gaia member (about seven years). I've been a player four times, been GM twice (which includes the current role-playing I'm participating in), and prefer one-on-ones. Genres that I've played include dark/urban/traditional fantasy, sci-fi, and post apocalyptic; right now I'm trying my hand at a modified steampunk setting. Unfortunately--in spite of having the time to write the "Great American Novel"--real life keeps me real busy, so I can only handle one role-play at a time. Sadly my role-play is part of a private/hidden guild, so I doubt that nonmembers will be able to see it, but since it is required of me, I present to you, Where The Poppies Grow."

Well, I suppose that's it for the time being. It's a pleasure to meet all of you and I look forward to working here. Please, feel free to quote me if you have any questions, and I will try to the best of my ability to answer them. 3nodding

UPDATE 12/04/14
  • Promoted from Crew Assistant to Support Crew.
  • Situation went down with my personal RPG from another guild (Gaia was giving one of my players difficulties), so I'm in the process of relocating it to another website. I'm afraid that the RPG will be not updated, here on Gaia until further notice.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:18 pm
Sticky'd  

Watervoir
Vice Captain

Dangerous Glitch

Thornwick

Crew

Fashionable Lunatic

21,050 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:20 pm
Oops, update... I'll be scouring the guild for a RP to participate in. *ninja shifty-eyes*  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:21 pm
Watervoir
Sticky'd

3nodding Many thanks.  

Thornwick

Crew

Fashionable Lunatic

21,050 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Watervoir
Vice Captain

Dangerous Glitch

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:27 pm
No problem. You also didn't have to make an entirely new welcome thread. ^^; I like the text additions you made to this one though. Lots of nice links.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:57 pm
Watervoir
No problem. You also didn't have to make an entirely new welcome thread. ^^; I like the text additions you made to this one though. Lots of nice links.

sweatdrop Just trying to go by the book when I'd started reading "Where To Start".

Still looking for an RP, though I wonder if I can manage participating in a second one. I'll have to see.  

Thornwick

Crew

Fashionable Lunatic

21,050 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Kitten Rose73

Friendly Bachelorette

8,550 Points
  • Married 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:41 pm
Thornwick
( sweatdrop Oh, boy... I'm just all over the place. Well, I wanted to be "active" so I guess that alright.)

Hi all, name's Thornwick, and I've just acquired the title of "Crew Assistant" (got the job yesterday, actually).

At the moment, I'm caught up in some fabulous reading material (all the guild announcements and stickies), but I did manage to snag a judge's chair for the SDRP Character/Writing Contest, in which some of you were tasked to tell us about our Dean and Captain. I've enjoyed reading all the entries and wish the participants the best of luck! In addition to the contest, you may have seen me lurking around the member directory and SDRP General Chatroom. At the moment, my activity is pretty scarce, but I hope to remedy that as soon as I've checked off everything on my C.A. to-do list.

At the moment, I've no desire to tutor so much as I've the desire to be tutored; I hope to enroll into a few classes during my time here.

I really should just copy and paste this part:
"I've been role-playing for as long as I've been a Gaia member (about seven years). I've been a player four times, been GM twice (which includes the current role-playing I'm participating in), and prefer one-on-ones. Genres that I've played include dark/urban/traditional fantasy, sci-fi, and post apocalyptic; right now I'm trying my hand at a modified steampunk setting. Unfortunately--in spite of having the time to write the "Great American Novel"--real life keeps me real busy, so I can only handle one role-play at a time. Sadly my role-play is part of a private/hidden guild, so I doubt that nonmembers will be able to see it, but since it is required of me, I present to you, Where The Poppies Grow."

Well, I suppose that's it for the time being. It's a pleasure to meet all of you and I look forward to working here. Please, feel free to quote me if you have any questions, and I will try to the best of my ability to answer them. 3nodding

hi there ! how does one apply for crew assistant and what do they have to do ?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:29 pm
mrscatlady

Hiya!

This thread has all the information you need to become a C.A.. 3nodding  

Thornwick

Crew

Fashionable Lunatic

21,050 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Dressed Up 200

KiIIerWarrior

Distinct Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:30 pm
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Oh wait... no.. promotion... I don't have any cards for that.

Happy THURSDAY!

Oh, and congrats on getting through Crew Boot Camp.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:37 pm
KiIIerWarrior
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Oh wait... no.. promotion... I don't have any cards for that.

Happy THURSDAY!

Oh, and congrats on getting through Crew Boot Camp.

xD Thanks, KW~ heart

X__x; It's not as easy as I thought it would be, but I'm determined. 3nodding  

Thornwick

Crew

Fashionable Lunatic

21,050 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Watervoir
Vice Captain

Dangerous Glitch

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:41 pm
Congrats on the promo!  
13 Directory (Tell us a bit about yourself!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games