Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[ENROLLMENT] Estel Herald, Wisp - accepted]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Luridel

Loyal Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:42 pm
AMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM

Name: Estel Herald
Nicknames: 'stel

Faction/Race
Ghost (Wisp)

Natural Ability:
Guide: This clan of Wisps has a very strong sense of direction - they are good at finding people, places, and things. This manifests more as an instinct than something they can pin down in words - they might not know how to get to a certain place when looking at a map, but if they pick a direction and get moving, they will usually end up at their destination.

Personality:
Estel is aggressively friendly, sometimes even charming. Behind her loud and outgoing persona is a quiet desperation to be remembered, to be loved, to last somehow. She tries to stay tangible whenever possible, and she hates feeling alone. She is, if not 'alive,' still existing, and this fact makes just about everything seem wonderful to her.

Her lack of memories of a past life bothers her immensely. She feels like she has lost something extremely important to her and is constantly searching for anything that feels familiar or that she is predisposed towards or against, trying to analyze what her former connection might have been. Whoever she was in life, it seems that her former self had very strong feelings about nearly everything. Estel is constantly overwhelmed with extreme enthusiasm over the most mundane of things, and she has no idea why.

Afraid of losing her memories once again, Estel keeps very meticulous journal documentation of everything that happens to her. She is also a hoarder and has a very difficult time getting rid of anything she owns.

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy?
Estel is desperate for any information whatsoever to hold on to. She feels very ignorant, and she hates that. She wants to learn who she is, why she's here, and, ultimately, what to do next. The compulsion she feels to learn is so strong that she doesn't particularly care what she's taught.

FEAR:
Scrying (Type: The Eye): As a guiding spirit, Estel is difficult to distract from what she wants to find. If her opponent is invisible, difficult to see, highly mobile, or otherwise concealing themselves, Estel has good instincts for being able to locate her opponent(s).

Physical Description:
Eye Colour: Violet, occasionally glowing. Usually not glowing.
Hair Colour/Style: Black and parted exactly down the middle, cropped a little below her chin. No bangs.
Skin Colour: Pale.
Clothing Style/Colours: She wears a seifuku-style school uniform in monochromatic black and white, with short sleeves - perhaps she was a student before she died. However, her socks don't fit uniform standard - long, thigh-high socks with horizontal stripes in bright rainbow colors. She wears the student skull pin attached to a white armband on her left upper arm, and a yellow hairpin shaped like a crescent moon in her hair.
Extra: Petite, delicate build - might look even younger than her age. Five feet, four inches tall. There is heavy bruising around her neck, as if she was strangled. Even when fully tangible, she has an ephemeral look to her.
References:
Hair style/color is basically like this. Here is a photoset of the type of seifuku I'm imagining her wearing, with the difference that everything that isn't white should be black instead of red/blue (so: black skirt, black around the shoulders + bow, white shirt). Her socks are... something like this. Crescent hairpin would be worn on the left side of her hair (to the right, as we face her, so the same side as the armband side). Crescent pin placement is probably the biggest difference from my Gaia avatar.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:06 am
Luridel

(/OuO)/!!! Welcome to TiH, Luri! I'm glad you decided to join us ahhhh <333

Estel seems like a really neat character! I'm def curious about her past, but that's really just more of my personal interest than anything~ *u*

All in all, looks good! Still super excited that you decided to come quest! ( OuO)/  

Kaiyumi

Luridel

Loyal Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:58 am
Kaiyumi
(/OuO)/!!! Welcome to TiH, Luri! I'm glad you decided to join us ahhhh <333

Estel seems like a really neat character! I'm def curious about her past, but that's really just more of my personal interest than anything~ *u*

All in all, looks good! Still super excited that you decided to come quest! ( OuO)/

Excited to be here! x3 I could probably yap about her backstory to you if you're curious buuut she herself certainly isn't going to get to remember it. Poor little baby ghost.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:59 am
She seems to be a well thought out character!

Your FEAR and natural abilities seem to be just fine!

I find her personality to be pretty complete but she seems very focused on her lost past. Will this be something she clings to forever? How will she cope when she discovers that her past is lost forever? Does she have the capacity to move forward? Is she drawn to any certain type of people? When she appeared in Halloween did she take up with a family of any kind or just wander aimlessly? How did she hear about Amity?

You don't have to directly answer these things if you don't want but rounding out her personality and drawing her away from those past memories may be something you want to think about!  

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

Luridel

Loyal Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:49 am
Thanks for your questions/feedback!

iloveyouDIE
When she appeared in Halloween did she take up with a family of any kind or just wander aimlessly? How did she hear about Amity?

What I've been thinking is that it's going to depend on how I first get a chance to roleplay her, since there seem to be a couple of different ways to obtain a character, although I may be misunderstanding how the quest system works. From what I've been told, there are occasionally events in which still-questing characters can participate even though they haven't been accepted to school? If that happens, she's likely to latch on to the first person she meets.

I want to start her off as close to her death as possible, meaning I don't think she'll have been in Halloween for very long at all before gravitating towards Amity. If she's lucky, she'll meet someone one way or another who will explain the world to her a bit.

iloveyouDIE
I find her personality to be pretty complete but she seems very focused on her lost past. Will this be something she clings to forever? How will she cope when she discovers that her past is lost forever? Does she have the capacity to move forward?

I think that once she realizes there's no way to recover her memories, she'll eventually be able to let that go - after all, she doesn't remember what she's lost. But habits like documenting her life in case she loses her memories again are likely to stay, just in case. It's a huge source of anxiety for her. I do expect that once she's been in the school for a little while she'll become way more emotionally stable.

iloveyouDIE
Is she drawn to any certain type of people?

I want to say 'basically everyone who can tolerate her presence,' but... she's also particularly likely to latch on to people who seem sad, lonely, not fitting in, etc.

I'm not sure how much of all of this I should edit into the original post, because I think that represents Estel in her initial state, but yes, the possibility for growth and development is always there.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:23 pm
Luridel

Yes.. on occasion we will have open events where quest students are invited to join! These do not always include the school itself though. The school itself is handled much like a normal school so you student would have to apply and be accepted! Generally this means they would find out about the school, apply and then be accepted. Keep in mind unless you character is homeless or wandering idly, they would have some place to call home. You may participate in several events as a quester.. so your character would have to be living somewhere or doing something in the meantime!

It's obviously up to you where and how your character lives but for ghosts with no connections, finding a family, group home, or a halloween organization that places stray souls may be the best option. It's not likely that your student would just APPEAR near Amityville, walk up to the door, and be accepted.

You don't have to edit that stuff in! They were just some thoughts for rounding out her personality and taking her slightly away from clinging to her unknown past! You seem to have a good handle on her personality so I don't think anything needs changing!

Good luck in questing!!  

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

Luridel

Loyal Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:14 pm
Ready to be looked over, I think!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:28 pm
BASIC CHARACTER KIT WHAT DO I DO NEXT

Welcome to This is Halloween!

Congratulations! Your character has passed the enrollment process and you're cleared to begin playing. Essentially, this means you can get your art certed, make your character's journal, and most importantly start RPing. If you're a little lost then don't worry, this guide is here to point you in the right direction.

gaia_crown [ Art Check! ]:

- Do you have your character's art? Great! Move onto the next crown.

- If you do NOT yet have your art, you may now contact your artist and let them know that they may now start on creating your character!

gaia_crown [ Certs & Emblems ]:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

- If your character is a STUDENT, you may create a customized student pin for them. This is entirely optional (but fun!) special badge that is unique to your character's design! You can find more information about pins (also known as their emblem) here.

- Hallowen characters (Students & Horsemen) may bet their character certed here!

- Hunters may get their certs here!

gaia_crown [ Creating a Journal ]:

- A journal is a thread where you can keep track of your character's accomplishments, RPs, progress, relationships, etc!

- All HALLOWEEN characters (Students & Horsemen) may create one here!

- All Hunters may create one here!

gaia_crown [ Let's RP! ]:

- Don't be shy about RPing! As soon as your character has been enroll approved you can start! Check out this awesome information about The World of Halloween and Amityville Academy. All students start off in Amityville academy. Need more things to do? Check out this whole subforum! Anything labelled Activity is open for you! Occasionally GMs will promote and open CLASSROOM orps. These usually happen in the classroom subforum. All students are invited to participate!

- If you are a Hunter, you will want to read the Hunter Newbie Guide Occasionally GMs will promote and open MISSION orps. These usually happen in the main Deus subforum and be followed by a guild announcement. All Hunters are invited to participate!

- If you are a Horsemen, please refer to here and the handy links in the first post as well as the other posts for concurrent and quest information! Need more things to do? Check out this whole subforum! Anything labelled Activity is open for you! Occasionally GMs will promote and open CLASSROOM orps. These usually happen in the classroom subforum. All Horsemen are invited to participate!

gaia_crown [ What's happening currently? ]:
- We try to keep all important things happening regularily updated in the ANNOUNCEMENTS THREAD. This goes for ALL FACTIONS. Have a question? Ask it in the Q & A !

gaia_crown [ Still feeling a little lost or overwhelmed? That's okay! ]:
- Check out what was just mentioned in FULL DETAIL HERE! Don't be too overwhelmed, there's time to sort everything out. For now, just enjoy some simple RP!

gaia_crown [ Finding RP ]:
- There's a bunch of ways to find RP. You can just contact a friend or any shop regular OR one of our available GMS for help! Otherwise, there are a lot of people looking to plot with YOU in their plotting threads! You can even make your own and advertise in your sig/ in the main thread/ etc etc!

- In addition any thread marked ORP is open for you to join!

- If you ever feel lost as a newbie, our many GMs are more than happy to one on one RP with you to help your character get acquainted. Send a PM to WE ARE HALLOWEEN and we can get you started this way as well. Otherwise, enjoy immersing yourself in the many RPS in TiH! It is all about discovery after all!

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:10 pm
The gnomes were not used to haunted acceptance papers. So, they tried to feed it to the acceptance bin.

It floated for a few good minutes before settling down.

Luridel

{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff