[PRP] Sandy Encounter (Mura/Galning)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:10 pm
'It's only a little bit further' she thought as she rushed up the hill side. Mura could smell the salt in the air from the ocean. She could hardly believe that she was this close to it. Since she was a cub she would have her father repeat to her stories about the endless sea, where their were strange creatures living. It was one of the many places she wanted to see on her adventure.

When she reached the top of the hill, she was completely out of breath. She was panting as she looked around. Her eyes widened at the sight of the ocean. It was true that it was endless. With the sun bright above her, it gave the water a shimmery look. She took a deep breath in as she admired it. How her father had described it did not give it justice, she thought.

Slowly she made her way down the hill, toward the ocean. The hard dirt beneath her paws began to turn to sand as she made her way to the water. Brightly colored rocks and shells were scattered along the sands. Carefully Mura picked up a spiral shell, turning it over in her paw. It was so strange, something she had never seen before. As gently as she picked it up, she put it down.

Princess_Feylin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:55 am
User ImageGalning had learned to love the ocean early in his life among the Stormborn, but that didn't mean he didn't tire of guarding and patrolling the same strip of beach day in and day out. It got boring, for one thing, and it made a body entirely too easy to find when he wanted to be alone to think. And Galning did need some time alone to think. His family situation was imploding and he couldn't figure out how to fix it.

So he walked along the beach, letting the waves wet his paws and wash away his paw prints. As he walked he tried to think, but he kept getting songs stuck in his head, and before long he was simply wandering down the beach, humming tunelessly to himself. Singing wasn't really a strong suit of his, although he enjoyed it as much as the next Stormborn.

He had long since passed out of Stormborn territory when he saw a figure on the beach looking at something on the sand. Curious (and having completely forgotten his original purpose in coming down to the beach to begin with), Galning made his way nearer. Once he figured he was close enough, he sneezed very deliberately to call attention to his presence.

R4gn0r0k IV
I am so sorry it took me this long to tag you. The weekend was horrifyingly busy. I will be better in the future. (I hope!)

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:07 pm
Mura was lost in thought when the sneeze snapped her back to reality. She was startled at first, but she looked over at the lion who sneezed and gave him a smile. “Good day,” She greeted warmly. She had been traveling for some time now. During her travels, she met some really nice folk and some who just wanted to start fights. Some might avoid talking to strangers after having bad encounters, but she knew that not all were mean. She would just have to take a chance every now and then.

“This is a really lovely place isn't it! I've never seen the ocean before this. It really is such an amazing sight!” She said, looking back and the ocean, with the waves coming in. “I'm Mura by the way.”

She realized that she should probably find a place to sleep before it got too late. Once it became dark, she really didn't want to be stranded in the open and become an easy target for those who wandered the night. She let out a sigh. It would also mean she would have to find some prey to hunt. “Know any hunting lands that a traveler can use?” She asked, looking at the lion.

Princess_Feylin
No worries, feel free to take your time. I'll be a little slow some days, depending on what days I work.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:23 am
R4gn0r0k IV
I am so sorry it's taken me this long to tag you. Life has been absurd this summer.

"It is," he agreed, falling comfortably into conversation with the lioness. At long last, he had mostly grown out of behaving like a spaz around attractive females, as long as he didn't make the mistake of noticing that phenomenon or thinking about it too hard. "But I'd say I'm looking at something more amazing right now."

He grinned as he looked at her and delivered that last line, so that she would realize he was aware of how cheesy it sounded. "It's good to meet you, Mura. I'm Skremmende Galning. Galning, for short."

He looked back toward the ocean. It was a familiar sight to him now, but he could remember when it had been new and awe-inspiring. He and his cousins had lived interesting lives since then, and he had few regrets about the things he had done. He would not regret pursuing Mura, either, should she prove as interested in him as he was in her.

"Around here you're going to find yourself in pridal lands if you stray too far from the beach, but there's plenty of food to be found here, if you don't mind looking a bit ridiculous in its pursuit. Crabs, eels, skates, that sort of thing."

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:59 am
Mura let out an unexpected snort at his response. She looked at him, trying to hold back another laugh, “Why thank you. Nice to meet you Galning.” She glanced back at the ocean, imagining what it must be like to live near such a thing. It was a sight she wouldn't mind seeing every morning. When she was ready to settle down, she might have to remember this area.

Her eyes widened when he talked about the prey in the area. “Are they any good?” She asked, feeling a tad foolish. Eating ocean dwelling critters seemed odd to her, something she had never done before. She had never even had a fish from a river before! Her main food source had always been herd animals.

Being at the ocean was so strange to her, so many new things. “I think I want to try some crab.” She said, watching a couple scurry across the sand.

Princess_Feylin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:52 am
Galning was pleased and mentally congratulated himself on the success of his line. He still had his signature way with the ladies. And here he'd been worrying that playing house with Freyja had put him off his game. His whiskers bristled with delight at having been mistaken in thinking so.

"Some of them. Skates are a lot more difficult to catch than you'd think. They're basically just slabs of muscle with a nasty whip tail, but they taste amazing. Eels have nasty bites, but they're also good. Crabs are the best though. They pinch sometimes, and their shells make it a challenge to get the meat out, but they definitely taste the best." Food was very important to Galning. He had never really outgrown his teenage obsession with food, and he had the metabolism to allow it.

"Good choice," he said with a grin, following her gaze. "There's no real trick to catching them. Just stay away from the pincers and don't let them get into their holes in the sand, or else you have to dig them out, and digging in sand is hard."

"Shall we?" he nodded toward the scuttling crustaceans. "They're getting away."

R4gn0r0k IV
I am so, so sorry. I have no good excuse. I'm just a horrible RP partner it seems.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:46 pm
Skates and eels? Now those sounded interesting. She would have to go on an adventure later to seek them out. After all why not? She didn't have anything better to do right now. Plus she was having fun at the ocean. It wouldn't hurt to spend a couple more nights in the area.

Mura nodded her head, before heading over to the crabs. She crouched down as she got closer, getting in her normal hunting position. It was fun following behind the crab, but she was ready to make her move. Swiftly, she jumped forward toward the closest crab and took a swipe at it, flipping it on its back.

She grinned down at her catch, then looked over at her partner to see how he was doing.

Princess_Feylin
<3 It's all right. I've been slow at rp as well.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:00 pm
Galning took a moment to watch Mura as she set about chasing crabs before doing likewise. His younger son, Freyr, was astonishingly quick about catching the things and had a knack for flipping them into the air and then slapping them down to crack the shell, but he had been born and raised in the pride, and Galning had not.

Galning probably looked pretty ridiculous skittering after first one crab then another as they scuttled away and eluded him. In his peripheral vision he could see that Mura was managing with considerably more ease and grace than he was doing. She really was a pretty thing, and in motion she was that much more pleasant to look at.

"It looks like you have a natural talent for this," he remarked when he caught her looking at him.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:37 pm
Mura looked at her companion and gave him a grin. “Thank you. Though, to be fair I am sure that if I would have tired to hunt it without advise, I would have had my toes pinched!” She killed the crab quickly trying to cause it as little pain as she could.

With enjoyment, she watched Galning go after his own crab. “We are going to have such an amazing feast!” She couldn't wait to get a taste of the ocean creature. Hopefully it would taste good. She poked at the shell of the crab playfully. It was surprisingly hard, though she was sure that she could crack it open no problem.

Princess_Feylin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:34 am
"Definitely," Galning agreed. "Definitely amazing. But it takes a lot of crabs to make up a meal, so we'd better get back to it. When the tide changes they'll be impossible to catch."

That much was definitely true. When the tide came in they would be submerged in water. He knew he would have to pick up the pace if he wanted to have any sort of satisfying meal though. Well, if Mura wanted to have any sort of satisfying meal, anyway. He knew perfectly well that he could always have a thrall bring him dinner once he returned to the pride, and so he was not particularly fussed about whether or not he ate any of these crabs.

He set about his task with renewed focus and energy, although his face never lost its grin. He was enjoying himself, kind of like a big kid which was a fairly apt description of Galning, really. Once he figured the two of them had caught enough for a meal he rested, panting faintly.

"Ready to eat?" he asked, still grinning as he caught his breath.

R4gn0r0k IV

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:14 am
Mura looked at her crab and wondered how much meat was inside it. “I shall try to catch another one then!” She spotted another crab and started stalking it, being as quiet as she could. Inch by inch she approached the crab until she was close enough. When she was ready she pounced, but it was too late. The crab had already started burying itself into the sand.

Quickly she started to dig at the sand, but that was a difficult feet. The sand would slide back into the hole that she tried to dig.

After her failed attempt, she did manage to get two more for their dinner. She looked at their pile of crabs and grinned. “I think I am! I could use some food after that hunt.” She said, laying down next to Galning.

Princess_Feylin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:17 am
"Me, too," Galning agreed, pleased to have such a pretty lioness lying beside him.

He spared no thought for his family at home, at this point. His thoughts had been more or less consumed by the crabby dinner he was about to enjoy, and the company he would be enjoying with it.

As he began the arduous process of cracking crab shells and slurping out the meat, he kept stealing glances at her from the corners of his eyes. Some people just did everything gracefully. He wasn't one of them, but Mura definitely was, and he liked that about her.

R4gn0r0k IV
I am so sorry this tag took me so long. Shall we call it done at this point?

Also, did you still want to fling the two of them, or would you prefer to simply have them meet and go about their merry? After all this time, I would understand completely if that was what you preferred.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces