Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:12 pm
User Image

Bones were Aneetz's life. His collection was, if he did say so himself, one of the best in the pack. He had a vast number of different ones, and could fully reconstruct the skeletons of a large number of prey creatures. He didn't have that many bones from larger creatures. Few hyenas (well, that would just be disrespectful) and not nearly enough cheetahs, leopards and lions.

Sadly, these were some massive holes in his collection. He kind of wondered how he could fix that. Not that he wanted to kill anyone, of course not. Lions may have killed his parents, but the pack had been at war at the time. These things happened.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:19 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Masuko stalked through the pack's lands, making sure that everything was as it should be. She hadn't been as visible lately, and part of that worried her. A good leader was visible, approachable...friendly to a point. Was she faltering? She would never admit why she had been in hiding for a short while, as the future would expose it all...but still. She did not want to appear weak, but she also did not want to appear as if she didn't care for her members.

So, with a small scowl on her face, she walked around. It wasn't really exciting, but she made sure to not at those around here, to exchange gruff hellos, to expose herself to her pack. It was boring work, but she felt like she was towards the end of this tour for today.

She glanced over to see one last hyena, a male. He didn't seem to be in the middle of anything, but for some of her packmates....it was hard to tell. A few of them definitely were a little crazy, but as long as she kept them placated it was still another body to strengthen the pack. So...she should be nice, regardless of what he was up to right now.

"Everything good?" she asked, her voice sharp and short. It didn't necessarily mean to sound like an order, but it could be interpreted that way.  

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:25 pm
The grey male looked up in surprise. He didn't see Masuko very often. She didn't have the temperament for bone collection (well, okay, she'd probably be thrilled to eviscerate a lion) and seemed to consider those who dedicated their lives to the ivory pieces a bit strange in the head.

"You'd think my collection's complete," Aneetz answered, gesturing to the neatly stacked and organized bones that took up almost all the space he called his own. "But while I can accurately lay out the skeletons for snakes, hares, a wide variety of birds, a warthog, and several meerkats, I don't have a single complete cheetah, leopard, or lion." He'd love to have a giraffe or an elephant, but those would be far too big for him to keep for himself. He did have a nearly complete antelope though...  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:32 pm
Masuko snorted. Yes, they were weird, but it was hard to imagine the graveyard not attracting those who had a flair for bone keeping.

"Er..." Well, what was she to do? She doubted that it would cause much of a fuss for one collector to be unhappy, but these things never worked on a single case basis.

"I can assure you, you'll get a lion one soon," she stated calmly. Another battle may brew out, matter on how invasive those damn lions were on her pack's hunting grounds.

"A leopard or a cheetah..." Well, there was nothing against hunting one of those, unless it was sick. Her pack had to survive at any cost, and she wasn't against that. "Those may take a while."  

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:36 pm
Some of the subtext went over Aneetz's head...or beneath his notice.

"A lion? Really? A whole skeleton, just for me? Or would I be sharing with the rest of the pack?" The lighter hyena's attention was now riveted on his Alpha, as if she held the key to the world in her paw. He didn't want to seem too greedy or anything, but gods, a full lion skeleton would do wonders! It would be the talk of the pack, and his prized possession!

Okay, well, maybe he had heard the word "soon" and could guess a few things that meant. There were some new slaves around lately, and, frankly, a lot of packmembers weren't so concerned about the wellbeing of property. Sad, but a fact of life.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:48 pm
"You know I cannot make promises," she replied with a stern look. She refused to promise things and not fulfill it. That would only complicated her status as alpha, if no one could trust her. But like hell she wasn't going to take down a full lion this time. The last time...had been complicated with family affairs.

"But I can assure you that if I get my claws on one, you can have it No one else has asked." Well, no one normally asked her for anything, but she wasn't about to tell him no.

"Its really that important to you, isn't it?" She was used to some collectors fighting over skulls, or femur bones, but not an entire skeleton.  

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:51 pm
The male nodded eagerly. That was completely understandable. Gods, even having most of a lion's skeleton would make him happy - more than half and he'd be able to reconstruct another quarter from bones he already had! Then he'd still be quite close to a complete skeleton!

"It would lead my collection, the way you lead the pack, Alpha!" Aneetz assured the female. He could see it now, how such a beautiful body of bones would bring joy to him, to the pack, and so much more! He wouldn't trade such a thing to anyone, not even Masuko herself. Nor would he give it away, the way he often did with smaller, less important bones for the good of the pack.

It would be his ultimate prize. The one thing he'd keep even if he had to get rid of everything else.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:07 pm
Lead...his collection? Alright then. She wasn't really sure if that was supposed to be a compliment or not, but with how much Aneetz loved bones, it at least had no ill will behind it. Sigh. She hadn't promised him anything, but he seemed to be faithfully expecting her to bring him a dead lion at some point. How did she get herself into this mess? Whatever, Jasi could help her out, and they'd get one soon and she'd be done with this.

"Well, just keep your eyes peeled. Maybe you'll come home to a dead lion one of these days," she said with a shrug. "Just don't boast until its in your paws."  

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:11 pm
"A complete lion skeleton wouldn't be for boasting," Aneetz agreed. "Boasting is to say you've found the absolute best specimen of a particular bone ever. Complete skeletons are rarely so perfect, even if they aren't missing any pieces."

Besides, the grey male never liked to boast. He would show to interested parties, but not show off. And he was always careful to find equally exquisite pieces in their collections to compliment.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:28 pm
"Alright alright," she said with a shake of her head. "Well, you'll get one at some point." This one was much different than some of the other collectors she'd interacted with. He was almost...scientific? Most of the others just cared about perfect bones and their quantity that they could sit on.

As long as none of them turned to some form of hoarding...it would all be ok.

"Otherwise, I am glad to see you well," she said, her message having a bit of intent on it. Though the collectors weren't really worth much, they always possessed the ability to provide new generations for her to lead. "I suppose I will run into you again soon."  

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:31 pm
"Of course, Alpha," Aneetz responded with a smile and a bow of the head to Masuko. He couldn't help grinning at her promise. A skeleton! Of a lion! For him! The only happier day he could see would be the one when he actually received such a beauteous thing.

It was also good to see her in a good mood and out and about. The whole pack took its cues from the Alpha, after all.  
[IC] Mava'Bunda Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games