Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[Enrollment] Oliatos, Horseman of Death - accepted

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

and be blue
Crew

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:21 pm
LOST CLAN CREATION FORM

The Horseman
Name: Oliatos
Nicknames: Ollie
Age: He has a perpetually youthful vibe to him, like he's fifteen or sixteen -- and, in truth, he is just about as young as a warrior can be.

Original Clan: Death

Job Role: Ashen Warrior

Personality:

Duty comes first, and that duty means family, for Ollie: a blind affection for both those he is related to by blood and those who has adopted into his heart, the people who he would willingly die for and gladly kill to protect. It is duty that drives him, that keeps him in the clans, that leads him to practice and learn and excel.

This could result in a dead-eyed automaton, a stern, frowning death machine dedicated too thoroughly to those around him to develop personality of his own -- but, in this case, it has not. Instead, outside of his duty, Ollie is the very picture of bright-eyed optimism, of fascination with the world around him, and overflowing with love for the people who matter in his life. He is an energetic bundle of excitement, the little brother who makes you smile and drives you crazy at the same time.

His energy is at times grating to those around him, making it hard for him to simply sit still and listen. He'd rather be moving, practicing, kinetic by nature and better at the physical than the mental.

His naivety is often infuriating, but at least tempered with a blind obedience to what has to be done, and an apparent inability to be shattered when things turn out less pleasant that he would have hoped. His misery at failure is deep but brief; his sorrows strong but fading toward melancholy quickly; his tantrums rare.

Mount Form: A pale, ghostly, unearthly, slim stag.

Weapon Form: Antler knives

FEAR ATTACK:

[T2] Shadow Veil: working like the Mind, it obscures the battlefield to its target's eyes, making it harder to keep track of opponents, and harder to hit them.
[T2] A Hundred Hands: working like Swift Strikes, shadowy afterimages follow each of Ollie's moves, dealing their own damage in his hands' wake.
[T1] Memories of the Dead: working like the Chill, it is a simple heal, but with it can come a certain sense of loss or memories of those lost that may be stronger or weaker depending on character/player choice.

Physical Description:

Eye Colour: black
Hair Colour/Style: blueblack, messy, pulled back into a little snub ponytail.
Skin Colour: dark, muted brown
Clothing Style/Colours: An umbrella silhouette; Ollie wears layer over layer over layer of cape and hood over slim-fitting pants and, often, bare feet
Extra: Pale white markings down the bridge of his nose and under his eyes.
References: Concept!. Loose. Please adjust where required!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:14 pm
Enroll stufffffffffffff

ollies
Age: Just clarify how old he is mentally/physically- If sticking to the flat hard age then be aware he'd have not have lived through many prominent horsemen events nor would he have been a soldier until likely his arrival to the tower/clan's return. You can be 100% vague in actual and the aging scale is open/varies its just like students-just establishing mental/appearance wise helps w/ idea of a char.

Weapon- Limited to 1 and idk an antler knife b/c all I'm getting are like... the hunting knives which wouldn't fall under death weapons b/c caved and shiz.

FEAR attack: All are fine but the Memories of the Dead treads REALLY close to GMy territory since it would 'force' a player to experience memories/emotions. I would suggest altering it to 'but it can bring about the sense that one's own FEAR is reluctant to reform', or ' and can sometimes feel like something has been lost though the target is actually gaining back the FEAR they have lost.' (Or just something along such lines) Its a wording and effect thing- Just avoid anything that would put players into a position that would make them do something. If its open ended like the 'it can/it might/on occasion' then it to me, is not a problem since then it's open for player interp.

Thats all I can see tho~

and be blue

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

and be blue
Crew

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:14 pm
iStoleYurVamps
Enroll stufffffffffffff

ollies
Age: Just clarify how old he is mentally/physically- If sticking to the flat hard age then be aware he'd have not have lived through many prominent horsemen events nor would he have been a soldier until likely his arrival to the tower/clan's return. You can be 100% vague in actual and the aging scale is open/varies its just like students-just establishing mental/appearance wise helps w/ idea of a char.

Weapon- Limited to 1 and idk an antler knife b/c all I'm getting are like... the hunting knives which wouldn't fall under death weapons b/c caved and shiz.

FEAR attack: All are fine but the Memories of the Dead treads REALLY close to GMy territory since it would 'force' a player to experience memories/emotions. I would suggest altering it to 'but it can bring about the sense that one's own FEAR is reluctant to reform', or ' and can sometimes feel like something has been lost though the target is actually gaining back the FEAR they have lost.' (Or just something along such lines) Its a wording and effect thing- Just avoid anything that would put players into a position that would make them do something. If its open ended like the 'it can/it might/on occasion' then it to me, is not a problem since then it's open for player interp.

Thats all I can see tho~

re age: he's about 15-16 mentally/appearance wise. Sorry if that was unclear, I thought I'd made it clear. ^^;

re knives: zoo's doing the art, and she approved one at least? I'm not sure what she's doing, I gave her free reign there. Hopefully whatever Zoo does will fly tho.

re fear: I made it vaguer there hopefully that flies.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:10 am
Age was ? b/c the 'perpetually youthful'- its the perception from IC view vrs actual thing which people use for plots and establishing back stories or timelines. Like rly you can put N/A and it'll work too.

It'll be fine then @ weapon! Like google was just showing me those dinky not actually for use knives with bone handles. So it was like???

Fear is still ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh b/c it still makes the char experience even if degree is up to player. But same time its open for the variances of level. So its a mixed bag and I'm going to leave it to enroll admin.  

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:33 pm
BASIC CHARACTER KIT WHAT DO I DO NEXT

Welcome to This is Halloween!

Congratulations! Your character has passed the enrollment process and you're cleared to begin playing. Essentially, this means you can get your art certed, make your character's journal, and most importantly start RPing. If you're a little lost then don't worry, this guide is here to point you in the right direction.

gaia_crown [ Art Check! ]:

- Do you have your character's art? Great! Move onto the next crown.

- If you do NOT yet have your art, you may now contact your artist and let them know that they may now start on creating your character!

gaia_crown [ Certs & Emblems ]:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

- If your character is a STUDENT, you may create a customized student pin for them. This is entirely optional (but fun!) special badge that is unique to your character's design! You can find more information about pins (also known as their emblem) here.

- Hallowen characters (Students & Horsemen) may bet their character certed here!

- Hunters may get their certs here!

gaia_crown [ Creating a Journal ]:

- A journal is a thread where you can keep track of your character's accomplishments, RPs, progress, relationships, etc!

- All HALLOWEEN characters (Students & Horsemen) may create one here!

- All Hunters may create one here!

gaia_crown [ Let's RP! ]:

- Don't be shy about RPing! As soon as your character has been enroll approved you can start! Check out this awesome information about The World of Halloween and Amityville Academy. All students start off in Amityville academy. Need more things to do? Check out this whole subforum! Anything labelled Activity is open for you! Occasionally GMs will promote and open CLASSROOM orps. These usually happen in the classroom subforum. All students are invited to participate!

- If you are a Hunter, you will want to read the Hunter Newbie Guide Occasionally GMs will promote and open MISSION orps. These usually happen in the main Deus subforum and be followed by a guild announcement. All Hunters are invited to participate!

- If you are a Horsemen, please refer to here and the handy links in the first post as well as the other posts for concurrent and quest information! Need more things to do? Check out this whole subforum! Anything labelled Activity is open for you! Occasionally GMs will promote and open CLASSROOM orps. These usually happen in the classroom subforum. All Horsemen are invited to participate!

gaia_crown [ What's happening currently? ]:
- We try to keep all important things happening regularily updated in the ANNOUNCEMENTS THREAD. This goes for ALL FACTIONS. Have a question? Ask it in the Q & A !

gaia_crown [ Still feeling a little lost or overwhelmed? That's okay! ]:
- Check out what was just mentioned in FULL DETAIL HERE! Don't be too overwhelmed, there's time to sort everything out. For now, just enjoy some simple RP!

gaia_crown [ Finding RP ]:
- There's a bunch of ways to find RP. You can just contact a friend or any shop regular OR one of our available GMS for help! Otherwise, there are a lot of people looking to plot with YOU in their plotting threads! You can even make your own and advertise in your sig/ in the main thread/ etc etc!

- In addition any thread marked ORP is open for you to join!

- If you ever feel lost as a newbie, our many GMs are more than happy to one on one RP with you to help your character get acquainted. Send a PM to WE ARE HALLOWEEN and we can get you started this way as well. Otherwise, enjoy immersing yourself in the many RPS in TiH! It is all about discovery after all!

{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games