Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[ENROLLMENT] Alpinely the Vampire ~ accepted

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shyanimegrl

Combative Foe

15,225 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:54 pm
AMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM

Name: Alpinely Everite
Nicknames: Allie
Age: With regards to how age and physical appearance connect about her as she enters Y1, the combination of her adequately mature physique and playful sense of fashion permits Alpinely to pretty much blend outwardly and likened to fitting in alright within all academic year levels similar to those of the human high school system.

Faction: Undead
Race: Vampire (Western)

Natural Ability: Shapeshifting - Flock of Bats

Personality: Alpinely's character revolves around her inquisitive nature. It is among her interests to notice, take in, and curiously make observations, such as of reactions, surroundings, etc. In turn, her willfulness is quite apparent when she grasps opportunities to explore rather mysterious and seemingly random experimental bursts of inspiration. An example of such an occurrence as this is her appalling her family members in venturing beyond their trend of putting great importance in picks only of dark and dim hues of attire as an expression of class. One of the questions she likes to consider in particular is often asking herself what sorts of things make various individuals uncomfortable. Moreover, as she also enjoys seeking out competitive games and activities that could strike her fancy, if she could use answers she acquires to what she asks herself about her observations to her advantage and end up snatching the title of winner then so much the better, and she wouldn't hesitate to simply go after the thrill to whatever degree of potential it has to entertain her.

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy? Alpinely is aware that her family have in mind for her to shape up so-to-speak through studying at Amityville Academy. She on the other hand is attending Amityville Academy in search of more experiences and tricks she might possibly attain with the prospect of discovering and going on unique adventures.

FEAR Ability: The Barrier (Bat Skulls) | Her fear visibly engulfs her in flames where bats emerge flying out of the fire to circle the target to place a barrier for. The bats circle widely first before diving in compression of their formation to then quickly turn into skulls each with a short and low flash promptly upon appearing to have collided with a solid flat surface as the final visible step in the barrier formation.

Physical Description:

Eye Colour: deep red
Hair Colour/Style: straight, black, and approximately shoulder-length
Skin Colour: nearing pale
Clothing Style/Colours: in one word--eclectic*
Extra: http://tektek.org/av/749793
References:

User Image

*A flock of bats swooped down and settled to floating in place, next revealing a vampire quite vividly at ease with her own eclectic taste in wardrobe. Candles in one hand and an ornate staff in the other, she snugly cradled these accessories as she began to walk. Her colorful cloak, the extensions of her belt, and the decorations of her cozy hat all together swayed gently with the light breeze that was flowing. Those who knew this vampire often asked themselves at the sight of her, "What is Alpinely Everite up to now....?"  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:20 pm
>u< Ahaha now open and hi all 8 D
^u^ Everyone is welcome to visit and give feedback ouo  

shyanimegrl

Combative Foe

15,225 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

Aazhie

Greedy Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:29 pm
shyanimegrl

Natural Ability: Sounds cool! can she become a lone bat, either large or small, or does she always have to be a group? (I'm assuming the mass of bats is equal to her natural shape's size roughly) Also a group of bats can be called a colony, a camp or a cloud, rather than a flock! I think a cloud of bats sounds pretty awesome XD

Personality: I am having a little trouble getting the core concepts of her personality in a whole paragraph... I notice a common format is to write the personality trait and briefly describe. For example:

Inquisitive: Alpinely is intensely curious and like to observe people and events and analyze a situation (or individual). OR does she always question everything anyone says? OR does she perhaps like to read/explore/hang out with older students or teachers in order to glean info from them?

It helps to support a personality trait with a behavior or activity they like to do, or maybe they don't like to do it but it's a bad habit they cannot shake! Is A the kind of vampire who will annoy someone or do favors for them in exchange for answers? How far will she go to get what she wants?

It sounds like she is also competitive and expressive, interested in being her own person. Is this actually what she does, or does she simply dress differently to blend in better with the crowd? After all, monsters and many other students at Amity are flamboyant and erratic, so dressing strangely might make her stand out from her family, but it may help her fit in OR she may have to try some other tactics to stand out and look unique in the diversity of students! Would she be content to be grouped with all the other oddball fashionistas, or would she prefer to hang out with those who are independent thinkers, regardless of how they look?
I like to divvy up the traits into pros/cons, or at least describe the upside and downside of each trait. For instance, a social character does great at parties, but they might get lonely, depressed or simply easily distracted when they have to be alone and studying...

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy? I take it her family wants her to grow up and become more a traditional vampire. She doesn't seem the type to like that idea much- but,does she assume she'll change? Is she actively resisting being anything like her family, or does she know that she'll still be unique, even if she does pick up some traits her family members may also have? THIS is something she could grow into as well. Many kids and teens assume they will never become conservative/like certain things/ insert pretty much anything here, but at the end of school, they may accept or even embrace some ideas they didn't like or fully understand. You don't have to openly announce any of that here, but it's a great way to make your character develop and grow over the years at Amity. Nothing needs to be set in stone, but it helps to keep in mind what experiences might affect them or make them think of things in a different way!

FEAR Ability: I am pretty bad at helping with fear abilities, but I recommend going to the newbie info and picking out a KIND of fear that this is... is it purely illusion to terrify an opponent? Is it physical- does it cause burn or bite damage? If it is physical, can the opponent attack the bats/skulls? Would that hurt her, or simply make them weaker or disappear?

Random things I would like to know:

Is she malicious or mischevious? Would she actively hurt a friend, stranger or enemy to get what she wanted? What is her morality like? How much incentive would she need to hurt or help someone else? Does she think differently of herself than someone else might perceive? (ie: Would she say something a little nasty or blunt as a way to help someone, or would she be trying to boost her own ego?) If she has bad habits, is she aware of them and want to change them? Does she even see them as bad habits? Someone who is catty and a little rude may see their snide comments as being friendly, or the only way they know how to make friends is by gossiping about someone else. They can still be perfectly generous and helpful people- they just may not be aware of their shortcomings, or aware that it can be hurtful to gossip!

Since she has a lot of bat abilities- bats are actually very social and vampire bats what we might call generous critters. They have adapted to share food so that one night a bat might share food with a neighbor, and the next night might beg for food the next. Overall this is best for all the bats because they often drink more than enough blood that having an owed meal is a better advantage than a little extra food for one night. She could have this kind of idea of exchange- if a person she did a favor for blows her off when she needs help, she would have every reason to be mad and not want to do them another favor ever again! On the flip side, she'd probably be compelled to pay someone back eventually, even if they gifted her something with no expectation of a returned gift.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:58 pm
Aazhie
shyanimegrl

Natural Ability: Sounds cool! can she become a lone bat, either large or small, or does she always have to be a group? (I'm assuming the mass of bats is equal to her natural shape's size roughly) Also a group of bats can be called a colony, a camp or a cloud, rather than a flock! I think a cloud of bats sounds pretty awesome XD

Personality: I am having a little trouble getting the core concepts of her personality in a whole paragraph... I notice a common format is to write the personality trait and briefly describe. For example:

Inquisitive: Alpinely is intensely curious and like to observe people and events and analyze a situation (or individual). OR does she always question everything anyone says? OR does she perhaps like to read/explore/hang out with older students or teachers in order to glean info from them?

It helps to support a personality trait with a behavior or activity they like to do, or maybe they don't like to do it but it's a bad habit they cannot shake! Is A the kind of vampire who will annoy someone or do favors for them in exchange for answers? How far will she go to get what she wants?

It sounds like she is also competitive and expressive, interested in being her own person. Is this actually what she does, or does she simply dress differently to blend in better with the crowd? After all, monsters and many other students at Amity are flamboyant and erratic, so dressing strangely might make her stand out from her family, but it may help her fit in OR she may have to try some other tactics to stand out and look unique in the diversity of students! Would she be content to be grouped with all the other oddball fashionistas, or would she prefer to hang out with those who are independent thinkers, regardless of how they look?
I like to divvy up the traits into pros/cons, or at least describe the upside and downside of each trait. For instance, a social character does great at parties, but they might get lonely, depressed or simply easily distracted when they have to be alone and studying...

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy? I take it her family wants her to grow up and become more a traditional vampire. She doesn't seem the type to like that idea much- but,does she assume she'll change? Is she actively resisting being anything like her family, or does she know that she'll still be unique, even if she does pick up some traits her family members may also have? THIS is something she could grow into as well. Many kids and teens assume they will never become conservative/like certain things/ insert pretty much anything here, but at the end of school, they may accept or even embrace some ideas they didn't like or fully understand. You don't have to openly announce any of that here, but it's a great way to make your character develop and grow over the years at Amity. Nothing needs to be set in stone, but it helps to keep in mind what experiences might affect them or make them think of things in a different way!

FEAR Ability: I am pretty bad at helping with fear abilities, but I recommend going to the newbie info and picking out a KIND of fear that this is... is it purely illusion to terrify an opponent? Is it physical- does it cause burn or bite damage? If it is physical, can the opponent attack the bats/skulls? Would that hurt her, or simply make them weaker or disappear?

Random things I would like to know:

Is she malicious or mischevious? Would she actively hurt a friend, stranger or enemy to get what she wanted? What is her morality like? How much incentive would she need to hurt or help someone else? Does she think differently of herself than someone else might perceive? (ie: Would she say something a little nasty or blunt as a way to help someone, or would she be trying to boost her own ego?) If she has bad habits, is she aware of them and want to change them? Does she even see them as bad habits? Someone who is catty and a little rude may see their snide comments as being friendly, or the only way they know how to make friends is by gossiping about someone else. They can still be perfectly generous and helpful people- they just may not be aware of their shortcomings, or aware that it can be hurtful to gossip!

Since she has a lot of bat abilities- bats are actually very social and vampire bats what we might call generous critters. They have adapted to share food so that one night a bat might share food with a neighbor, and the next night might beg for food the next. Overall this is best for all the bats because they often drink more than enough blood that having an owed meal is a better advantage than a little extra food for one night. She could have this kind of idea of exchange- if a person she did a favor for blows her off when she needs help, she would have every reason to be mad and not want to do them another favor ever again! On the flip side, she'd probably be compelled to pay someone back eventually, even if they gifted her something with no expectation of a returned gift.

*u* Eee I want to thank you so much without delay for your time reading and writing me your crit about Allie! Your thoughts really prompt the gears in my mind to turn more about her and how I can develop and lock on to more depth with her character further and I shall definitely be sure to reply to you again about her as soon as I can. 8 D  

shyanimegrl

Combative Foe

15,225 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:17 pm
BASIC CHARACTER KIT WHAT DO I DO NEXT

Welcome to This is Halloween!

Congratulations! Your character has passed the enrollment process and you're cleared to begin playing. Essentially, this means you can get your art certed, make your character's journal, and most importantly start RPing. If you're a little lost then don't worry, this guide is here to point you in the right direction.

gaia_crown [ Art Check! ]:

- Do you have your character's art? Great! Move onto the next crown.

- If you do NOT yet have your art, you may now contact your artist and let them know that they may now start on creating your character!

gaia_crown [ Certs & Emblems ]:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

- If your character is a STUDENT, you may create a customized student pin for them. This is entirely optional (but fun!) special badge that is unique to your character's design! You can find more information about pins (also known as their emblem) here.

- Hallowen characters (Students & Horsemen) may bet their character certed here!

- Hunters may get their certs here!

gaia_crown [ Creating a Journal ]:

- A journal is a thread where you can keep track of your character's accomplishments, RPs, progress, relationships, etc!

- All HALLOWEEN characters (Students & Horsemen) may create one here!

- All Hunters may create one here!

gaia_crown [ Let's RP! ]:

- Don't be shy about RPing! As soon as your character has been enroll approved you can start! Check out this awesome information about The World of Halloween and Amityville Academy. All students start off in Amityville academy. Need more things to do? Check out this whole subforum! Anything labelled Activity is open for you! Occasionally GMs will promote and open CLASSROOM orps. These usually happen in the classroom subforum. All students are invited to participate!

- If you are a Hunter, you will want to read the Hunter Newbie Guide Occasionally GMs will promote and open MISSION orps. These usually happen in the main Deus subforum and be followed by a guild announcement. All Hunters are invited to participate!

- If you are a Horsemen, please refer to here and the handy links in the first post as well as the other posts for concurrent and quest information! Need more things to do? Check out this whole subforum! Anything labelled Activity is open for you! Occasionally GMs will promote and open CLASSROOM orps. These usually happen in the classroom subforum. All Horsemen are invited to participate!

gaia_crown [ What's happening currently? ]:
- We try to keep all important things happening regularily updated in the ANNOUNCEMENTS THREAD. This goes for ALL FACTIONS. Have a question? Ask it in the Q & A !

gaia_crown [ Still feeling a little lost or overwhelmed? That's okay! ]:
- Check out what was just mentioned in FULL DETAIL HERE! Don't be too overwhelmed, there's time to sort everything out. For now, just enjoy some simple RP!

gaia_crown [ Finding RP ]:
- There's a bunch of ways to find RP. You can just contact a friend or any shop regular OR one of our available GMS for help! Otherwise, there are a lot of people looking to plot with YOU in their plotting threads! You can even make your own and advertise in your sig/ in the main thread/ etc etc!

- In addition any thread marked ORP is open for you to join!

- If you ever feel lost as a newbie, our many GMs are more than happy to one on one RP with you to help your character get acquainted. Send a PM to WE ARE HALLOWEEN and we can get you started this way as well. Otherwise, enjoy immersing yourself in the many RPS in TiH! It is all about discovery after all!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:17 pm
shyanimegrl

Extra note: don't forget the staff can only be used as an accessory, not a weapon!

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

shyanimegrl

Combative Foe

15,225 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:43 pm
lizbot
shyanimegrl

Extra note: don't forget the staff can only be used as an accessory, not a weapon!

Yes, okay I shall remember, thank you so much! *u* <3  
{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff