Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Anime Retro & Classic Series
Official Pokemon Series Thread Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:30 am
Hello Everyone,

Are You a Pokemon Fan?

Our Captain has been trying to start a Pokemon contest. I have not seen many responses to his request for guild members to join the contest.

This makes me wonder how many Pokemon fans we have in this Guild. Please respond and let me know if you are a Pokemon fan, who your favorite trainer is, and who your favorite Pokemon is and why. For all of us that Love the Pokemon series please do not post any negative remarks about the series.

1. I've been a big Pokemon Fan ever since the series came out.
2. My favorite Trainers are Ash and Misty. I Love both of their sense of adventure and they both look cute together.
3. Charizard is my favorite Pokemon because I Love dragons and the fact that he misbehaves all of the time and likes to fry Ash. LOL  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:45 am
smithers456

Alright I'm a fan of Pokemon tho I really fell out of watching the series a long time ago. I still play the games tho. I don't have a favorite trainer but my favorite game happens to be Sapphire Version. I know they're making a remake of Sapphire and Ruby. My favorite Pokemon is Luxray. I have one that I raised from lvl 3 you see. It was Diamond Version and I named it Sparky. I beat the game with it at lvl 89 and it has been in every version I have owned since. Of course this is the first year I am ever doing a cosplay and I plan to go as one of my favorite anime characters, not a Pokemon.  

Kalima Nightmore

Desirable Spirit

10,200 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:39 pm
Kalika Kingslayer
smithers456

Alright I'm a fan of Pokemon tho I really fell out of watching the series a long time ago. I still play the games tho. I don't have a favorite trainer but my favorite game happens to be Sapphire Version. I know they're making a remake of Sapphire and Ruby. My favorite Pokemon is Luxray. I have one that I raised from lvl 3 you see. It was Diamond Version and I named it Sparky. I beat the game with it at lvl 89 and it has been in every version I have owned since. Of course this is the first year I am ever doing a cosplay and I plan to go as one of my favorite anime characters, not a Pokemon.

Thanks for answering the question that means a lot. I don't play the games myself but I do know a lot of people that do. My 14 year old niece plays the different versions of the Pokemon games all the time. She is my Pokemon expert. smile I've watched Pokemon on TV ever since it came out and that's where my Love of the series comes from. Also I'm a cosplay photographer so it's a big thrill to take photos of cosplayers dressed up as Pokemon. I even found a Charizard cosplayer once. The outfit was amazing. Her outfit was a costume including Charizard's head. It looked like the Pokemon came to life. smile

I'm curious, what anime character are you going to cosplay and from what series. My first anime cosplay outfit was Syaoran from Tsubasa Chronicles. My Avi is dressed up as him. smile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:53 pm
smithers456
Kalika Kingslayer
smithers456

Thanks for answering the question that means a lot. I don't play the games myself but I do know a lot of people that do. My 14 year old niece plays the different versions of the Pokemon games all the time. She is my Pokemon expert. smile I've watched Pokemon on TV ever since it came out and that's where my Love of the series comes from. Also I'm a cosplay photographer so it's a big thrill to take photos of cosplayers dressed up as Pokemon. I even found a Charizard cosplayer once. The outfit was amazing. Her outfit was a costume including Charizard's head. It looked like the Pokemon came to life. smile

I'm curious, what anime character are you going to cosplay and from what series. My first anime cosplay outfit was Syaoran from Tsubasa Chronicles. My Avi is dressed up as him. smile

The anime is Fooly Cooly. The character is Haruko. My boyfriend is building her guitar and the bracelet thing she usually wears. I just need the outfit and a pink wig. Here's a pic of her.

User Image  

Kalima Nightmore

Desirable Spirit

10,200 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Millionaire 200

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:09 pm
Kalika Kingslayer
smithers456
Kalika Kingslayer
smithers456

The anime is Fooly Cooly. The character is Haruko. My boyfriend is building her guitar and the bracelet thing she usually wears. I just need the outfit and a pink wig. Here's a pic of her.

User Image

Love the drawing and the character is really cool. I have to admit that I have not heard of the Fooly Cooly series before. That's great that your boyfriend is helping you out. My sister helped me with my first outfit. Have you thought of cosplaying a Pokemon character. It's a bigger challenge but with help I think that you can pull it off. smile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:11 pm
smithers456
Kalika Kingslayer
smithers456
Kalika Kingslayer
smithers456

User Image

Love the drawing and the character is really cool. I have to admit that I have not heard of the Fooly Cooly series before. That's great that your boyfriend is helping you out. My sister helped me with my first outfit. Have you thought of cosplaying a Pokemon character. It's a bigger challenge but with help I think that you can pull it off. smile

My boyfriend would never go for it. He's not a fan of Pokemon. I go to Banzicon with him and he's gonna go as Canti which is the robot from the series. Fooly Cooly is only 6 episodes long.  

Kalima Nightmore

Desirable Spirit

10,200 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Millionaire 200

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:46 pm
smithers456
Hello Everyone,

Are You a Pokemon Fan?

Our Captain has been trying to start a Pokemon contest. I have not seen many responses to his request for guild members to join the contest.

This makes me wonder how many Pokemon fans we have in this Guild. Please respond and let me know if you are a Pokemon fan, who your favorite trainer is, and who your favorite Pokemon is and why. For all of us that Love the Pokemon series please do not post any negative remarks about the series.

I am a fan of Pokemon, but not a hardcore one. I have noticed that he did, but I don't really play the games much. To be honest, I'm more into the anime series of Pokemon, especially the earlier seasons, than the games or even the manga. I haven't even started reading the manga actually. It's on my list to read though.

My favorite trainer is Dawn. Then, it's Gold and Gary. I like Dawn because I like what she wears and her Piplup is adorable. I would also cosplay as Dawn. I like Gold because my friend, who cosplays as Gold, got me liking Dawn x Gold. I also like his personality, his Pokemon, and his skateboard. I like Gary because he changes. He goes from being the rival of Ash to becoming a scientist/researcher of Pokemon.

My favorite gym leader is Sabrina. I like Psychic type Pokemon. I also plan to cosplay as the Soul Silver version of her.

My favorite Pokemon is Espeon. I love purple, cat-like Pokemon, and like I had mentioned previously...Psychic type Pokemon. Espeon happens to also be my favorite Eeveelution.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:55 pm
KayaLing
smithers456
Hello Everyone,

Are You a Pokemon Fan?

I am a fan of Pokemon, but not a hardcore one. I have noticed that he did, but I don't really play the games much. To be honest, I'm more into the anime series of Pokemon, especially the earlier seasons, than the games or even the manga. I haven't even started reading the manga actually. It's on my list to read though.

My favorite trainer is Dawn. Then, it's Gold and Gary. I like Dawn because I like what she wears and her Piplup is adorable. I would also cosplay as Dawn. I like Gold because my friend, who cosplays as Gold, got me liking Dawn x Gold. I also like his personality, his Pokemon, and his skateboard. I like Gary because he changes. He goes from being the rival of Ash to becoming a scientist/researcher of Pokemon.

My favorite gym leader is Sabrina. I like Psychic type Pokemon. I also plan to cosplay as the Soul Silver version of her.

My favorite Pokemon is Espeon. I love purple, cat-like Pokemon, and like I had mentioned previously...Psychic type Pokemon. Espeon happens to also be my favorite Eeveelution.

I watched Pokemon Anime when it first came out on TV. Being a Cosplay Photographer I have taken photos of Pokemon Cosplayers along with Ash and Misty cosplayers over the years. I even took a couple Eeveelution group cosplays and Espeon cosplayer photos. I like Dawn as well. After the first 2 seasons of Pokemon it's been hit and miss for the episodes I do watch. I do have a large Pokemon DVD movie collection. I don't play the games either but my niece and nephews do and my niece has a large collection of Pokemon cards. She is my Pokemon expert. smile I'm a mid range fan. Oh I Love Team Rocket as well. They are a good source of comic relief. Since I like cats a lot in real life I like Meeoth. When I'm at a convention one of my goals is to seek out and take photos of Pokemon Trainer cosplayers and Pokemon Cosplayers as well.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

xinitia

Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:19 pm
smithers456
Hello Everyone,

Are You a Pokemon Fan?

2. My favorite Trainers are Ash and Misty. I Love both of their sense of adventure and they both look cute together.
3. Charizard is my favorite Pokemon because I Love dragons and the fact that he misbehaves all of the time and likes to fry Ash. LOL

I'm a big Pokemon fan! I fell in love with the games, because I didn't get cable or TV until many years later. My cousin and I created our own Pokemon trainers and wrote letters back and forth from them, chronicling our adventures.

My favorite Pokemon are defintely Zubat and Onix, closely followed by Charizard. In the game, I loved training those Pokemon up as much as I could! When I would battle my friends, they would scoff at my zubat.... until I beat them, that is.

Once I started watching the Anime, Brock became my favorite trainer, first because he had all of my favorite Pokemon. Afterwards I came to appreciate his role in the series. He doesn't stand in the light as much as Ash and Misty do, but he's always there supporting them and making sure they succeed.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:40 pm
xinitia
smithers456
Hello Everyone,

Are You a Pokemon Fan?

I'm a big Pokemon fan! I fell in love with the games, because I didn't get cable or TV until many years later. My cousin and I created our own Pokemon trainers and wrote letters back and forth from them, chronicling our adventures.

My favorite Pokemon are defintely Zubat and Onix, closely followed by Charizard. In the game, I loved training those Pokemon up as much as I could! When I would battle my friends, they would scoff at my zubat.... until I beat them, that is.

Once I started watching the Anime, Brock became my favorite trainer, first because he had all of my favorite Pokemon. Afterwards I came to appreciate his role in the series. He doesn't stand in the light as much as Ash and Misty do, but he's always there supporting them and making sure they succeed.

I like Brock a lot too. I agree that his character doesn't get the credit that he deserves. I get a kick out of Brock because he's quite the charmer and is always chasing the girls. smile  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

xinitia

Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:47 pm
I'll just leave this here.

User Image

Picture by hinoraito-d3d58us of DA.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:12 am
I grew up with pokemon, it was one of my favorite shows when I was little. My favorite trainer is Red. My favorite pokemon is Espeon. I really like all the eeveelutions because they look cool and cute. I'm not sure why Espeon is my favorite, it just kinda is.  

KaedeKaia

11,740 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Cool Competitor 150

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:20 am
KaedeKaia
I grew up with pokemon, it was one of my favorite shows when I was little. My favorite trainer is Red. My favorite pokemon is Espeon. I really like all the eeveelutions because they look cool and cute. I'm not sure why Espeon is my favorite, it just kinda is.

Hi KaedeKaia, Over the years I have taken Cosplay photos of Pokemon eevee's. It's usually a group Cosplay where each Cosplayer is a different evolution of the Pokemon which is really cool!!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:58 am
smithers456
KaedeKaia

Hi KaedeKaia, Over the years I have taken Cosplay photos of Pokemon eevee's. It's usually a group Cosplay where each Cosplayer is a different evolution of the Pokemon which is really cool!!

That's cool. I have seen eeveelution cosplays too but I've never seen a group Cosplay of eeveelutions.  

KaedeKaia

11,740 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Cool Competitor 150

nerdiepi

Crew

Anxious Shounen

15,450 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:04 am
A cool thing has been announced and I thought I'd share with any Pokemon fans in the group!
To go along with the announcement of Pokemon GO, a possible Pokemon Z game, AND the new pikachu's at Build-a-Bear Workshops, there's now going to be a real life Pokemon Gym in Osaka, Japan! There's quite a few articles on it now, but you can read this one to get a good idea of what's in store!

Anime Retro & Classic Series

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff