Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[Enrollment] Cain Roy Life Hunter - accepted!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cheekiebirdiee

Mysterious Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:36 pm
DEUS EX MACHINA PERSONNEL FORM

The Hunter
Name: Cain Roy
Nicknames: Timbit ( call by Sister and only tolerated by her.)

Category:
Life - Related to "research", including research specifically OF Halloween, its specimens, and ultimately Fear and the abilities of Fear and Hunters.

The Weapon

Name: Jolioi
Nicknames: Jojo
Type of Weapon: Serrated Polearm - ref
Former species of weapon: Witch

Personalities:
Weapon : (Simple, Vicious, Annoying)
Jojo doesn't see the need to be elaborate or prefect as her partner does, since as long as the jobs done then they did good in her book. Vicious by nature she encourages her hunter to release his own inner rage and often times than not is his 'inner devil'. Crybaby, or so she's called, Jojo often pushes their failure off on Cain being a useless human because nothing is ever her beautiful fault. Complaining is second nature almost and usually its about random irrelevant things just to annoy.

Hunter: (Dependable, Blunt(Insensitive), Ambitious, Aggressive )
“Duty before pleasure”, is his view on life. Not to say he doesn't have fun, but priority clearly comes first. If he is thrown from his responsibilities he gets a little cranky, though as long as he can still fulfill his responsibilities, he will forgive and forget the interruption. However, you can bet that if you ruin whatever it is and there is no chance of him being able to adapt the situation into a positive, you will pay and pay dearly. There is something about someone or something depending on him that makes him feel useful, which satisfies him in his own way. This being said, you can rely on Cain. Like a mailman he will be there for you come rain, sleet or heavy fire, and if he ends up letting you down, you can bet that you will not be the only one affected by the failure..

Cain can come off rather blunt at times, mostly do to his work first play later view. As such he can become a bit cold and seemingly uncaring at times, like when he is so focused on his work he becomes single-minded or when he becomes a little to focused on his own feelings that he doesn't notice or comfort the others it effects. While this isn't meant all the time, there are times when Cain is just simply insensitive for the sake of saving time, and that's generally when he can't comprehend why the other party is feeling this or that about whatever. The only person he sports genuine concern for would be his sister, and that developed over years of living with her. What this means exactly, well if you're being an idiot you will be told you are being an idiot, if you are crying and he doesn't think its necessary you will be told to go away.

When push comes to shove, well shove will be shoved right back. Just because he's little, just because he's a dorky perfectionist doesn't mean he's willing to be pushed around. When confrontation comes knocking he's there to answer the door, bristling like a little wet kitten. Cain can and will become aggressive if need be, both physically and mentally. He has a strong need to succeed and will do anything it takes to do such, so for everyone's own good don't get in his way.

Why did your human character choose to become a Hunter?
Because he wanted to feel the disgusting sting of ghost breath in his curly curly hair.....and feel fabulous in that styling trench coat.

In all seriousness though, he was bored. Bored of art school, bored of seeing weird things and getting the same 'nice joke reaction'. Bored of living everyday the same, so when a chance for change came, he was the first to jump on the bandwagon. Plus, moving away from his parents was worth it. Especially after his sister had moved off on her own and left him. Which left him as the only thing to nag on, and they had put recently started the pressure of look what she's doing with her life on him. The why waste your life doodling nerdy little comics when that's not going to make you money. But more than escaping boredom and his parents was the fact that the recruiter stressed how important it was for more like him to come. They needed him, and it felt good to be needed...

Weapon Ability
The Battle Cry - Witches Rush - When charged and swung, Jojo delivers a powerful punch.

Physical Description:

Eye Colour: Violet, thanks to contacts he wears for farsightedness. His original eye colors is a light blue grey.
Hair Colour/Style: A deep black color, dark enough that the highlights are nearly blue, naturally curly and cut shaggy short. He won't let it grow out much longer because it becomes unmanageable and easily tangled. Because its super curly. The color is dyed to obtain, his normal hair color is actually a dirty blonde.
Skin Colour: Tanish and dusted with small freckles
Clothing Style/Colours: Loves all yellows, browns and tans in colors. The obvious coat and scarf for the hunters, he prefers fluffy soft scars. Likes accessory belts to carry 'research vials in' and other things. Full legged designer mens boots, though he does and will wear normal tennis shoes. Likes to accessorize hair with clips (bear thing) to keep the curly locks from his eyes.
Extra: He's a shorty....
References: User Image

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:28 pm
annnd a reserve owo  

Cheekiebirdiee

Mysterious Kitten

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:27 pm
Only a few things for enrollment~

FEAR attack- You can't..really double up on abilities D: Having a scent being emit then an additional power boost= no go, not until hunter stage at least. Effects (visual one are the only ones I know are allowed) don't come until hunter stage at which point it's part of a chosen passive weapon ability. So in your case for now, the scent + power boost is too much, and would just have to be later confirmed/approved at hunter stage.
If you want it sooner then I would suggest a different fear ability such as the mind or doubletake since those are less physical damaging and more perception damaging- something that the scent would take effect with. Battle cry is just a flat physical booster so having the bonus of a scent then becomes a double up issue.

Appearance-
Hunters are 100% 'normal humans'- meaning that if he does indeed have 'violet eyes' he's got albinism which comes with a host of medical issues some of which would prevent him from ever having been recruited D: Violet eyes just aren't a natural eye color. A change to a shade of blue would probably be better?
The same unfortunately goes with hair- Black-blue (due to how our bodies produce pigment) isn't a natural hair color- however it can be dyed

And while minor/idk if you know- hunter scarves are plain, flat, one color scarves w/ no adornments. So unless you want an artist give you two scarves.. XD

Thats about all I can see~
Cheekiebirdiee

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:22 pm
Hello! thanks for taking a look for me! I really appreciate it.

Phew thanks for clearing that up, like I knew that some had visual stuff and since its just a sick smell I didn't know if that would be considered doubling up but now that I know I got that removed! I'll likely look more into that later, because I like the concept but for now its removed so that its just the whacking! OvO b

Appearance-
Hah, yeah I know they are like all human I was more banking on things like contacts and dyeing of the hair like you mention. I mean if that's alright, I'd like to keep the hair just say its dyed? And then I know I buy Freshlook color contact lenses at walmart that are violet, for my farsightedness, so would it be reasonable to say that he just has those? I buy mine in like 6 months supplies so he maybe could have bought bulk before being picked up ? ovo

Yep, I knew about the scarfs lol I have a female hunter so up to date there! But that's why it has the normal of those, just that like he prefers fluffier ones, as his style because the form has style so I was heading off that in spouts lol, not that he needed it in his art if that makes sense? Sorry to confuse there. OTL

iStoleYurVamps

Cheekiebirdiee

Mysterious Kitten

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:04 pm
BASIC CHARACTER KIT WHAT DO I DO NEXT

Welcome to This is Halloween!

Congratulations! Your character has passed the enrollment process and you're cleared to begin playing. Essentially, this means you can get your art certed, make your character's journal, and most importantly start RPing. If you're a little lost then don't worry, this guide is here to point you in the right direction.

gaia_crown [ Art Check! ]:

- Do you have your character's art? Great! Move onto the next crown.

- If you do NOT yet have your art, you may now contact your artist and let them know that they may now start on creating your character!

gaia_crown [ Certs & Emblems ]:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

- If your character is a STUDENT, you may create a customized student pin for them. This is entirely optional (but fun!) special badge that is unique to your character's design! You can find more information about pins (also known as their emblem) here.

- Hallowen characters (Students & Horsemen) may bet their character certed here!

- Hunters may get their certs here!

gaia_crown [ Creating a Journal ]:

- A journal is a thread where you can keep track of your character's accomplishments, RPs, progress, relationships, etc!

- All HALLOWEEN characters (Students & Horsemen) may create one here!

- All Hunters may create one here!

gaia_crown [ Let's RP! ]:

- Don't be shy about RPing! As soon as your character has been enroll approved you can start! Check out this awesome information about The World of Halloween and Amityville Academy. All students start off in Amityville academy. Need more things to do? Check out this whole subforum! Anything labelled Activity is open for you! Occasionally GMs will promote and open CLASSROOM orps. These usually happen in the classroom subforum. All students are invited to participate!

- If you are a Hunter, you will want to read the Hunter Newbie Guide Occasionally GMs will promote and open MISSION orps. These usually happen in the main Deus subforum and be followed by a guild announcement. All Hunters are invited to participate!

- If you are a Horsemen, please refer to here and the handy links in the first post as well as the other posts for concurrent and quest information! Need more things to do? Check out this whole subforum! Anything labelled Activity is open for you! Occasionally GMs will promote and open CLASSROOM orps. These usually happen in the classroom subforum. All Horsemen are invited to participate!

gaia_crown [ What's happening currently? ]:
- We try to keep all important things happening regularily updated in the ANNOUNCEMENTS THREAD. This goes for ALL FACTIONS. Have a question? Ask it in the Q & A !

gaia_crown [ Still feeling a little lost or overwhelmed? That's okay! ]:
- Check out what was just mentioned in FULL DETAIL HERE! Don't be too overwhelmed, there's time to sort everything out. For now, just enjoy some simple RP!

gaia_crown [ Finding RP ]:
- There's a bunch of ways to find RP. You can just contact a friend or any shop regular OR one of our available GMS for help! Otherwise, there are a lot of people looking to plot with YOU in their plotting threads! You can even make your own and advertise in your sig/ in the main thread/ etc etc!

- In addition any thread marked ORP is open for you to join!

- If you ever feel lost as a newbie, our many GMs are more than happy to one on one RP with you to help your character get acquainted. Send a PM to WE ARE HALLOWEEN and we can get you started this way as well. Otherwise, enjoy immersing yourself in the many RPS in TiH! It is all about discovery after all!

{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games