Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:56 pm
User Image
Maysa followed the movements of the gazelle herd with her eyes from under one of the few trees shading the area. She had to wait until twilight before she could start her own hunting. As lovey as her coat truly was, it made hunting for food a bit difficult at times. Especially since she was doing it all herself now. Again.

She swallowed a grumble, unwilling to make the gazelle herd aware of her watchful presence. The human animals that had taken those that she had loved in her live weren't here to hunt and grumbling and roaring too loudly would only force her to either go hungry tonight or attempt to find new prey when the gazelle heard and scattered. Here in the shadows, she more or less blended in to those unobservant, prey or not. It was one of the few times Maysa preferred not to be noticed. She also preferred not to hunt alone. Or to hunt in general. It was always so messy. Maysa often bathed right after killing and eating her kill. Just as she had that morning.

Maysa glanced toward the west and tried to calculate as she turned her attention back to the herd that was settling down, their activity slowing down, and becoming more and more tight. More and more protective of the herd. Didn't matter though. Maysa may not have enjoyed hunting, but she knew she was a decent huntress. Jael had been a better hunter, but still she was going to be eating tonight. As long as the gazelle remained unaware of the predator watching them from afar in the growing shadows.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:18 am
User ImageVoiboi wasn't hungry. He was just tired of dealing with the rest of the band. They were bragging and boasting, but they'd been making the same brags and boasts for the entire trip. He was thoroughly sick of hearing about of Ragnar's experience with mermaids, or how Bergen lost his ear to a pirate, or how Krampus tricked his brother into letting him sleep with his wife. They were uninteresting stories about mediocre deeds told without skill.

So he'd told them that he'd scout ahead for tomorrow's direction. He had so far done no scouting whatsoever, instead choosing to prowl around the gazelles. Since he had no idea there was another lion scoping out dinner potential, he didn't much care if he was noticed by the preybeasts. He had eaten recently, so it was no concern of his if they fled or didn't.

It was really very pleasant to be away from the rest of the band. He should have been more selective about the band he chose to go viking with, but he had been desperate to get away from the pride for a time. With all the turmoil coming from the return of Aesir's brood, Voiboi was content to absent himself. He lived in the bachelors' den anyway, so it wasn't as if he had to worry about one of the returning lions invading his home in his absence. He just didn't want to get dragged into fights between anyone, since he didn't care one way or the other.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:02 pm
Maysa tensed as she saw the big lion walk nonchalantly so close to the herd of gazelles. It was obvious that the lion didn't have to worry about hunting times. His lovely light fur coat wouldn't keep him from hunting at any point or time in the day. He could effectively blend if he wanted too and so he didn't have to be restricted to a dawn or dusk hunt like she did. And while Maysa had caught herself a small meal that morning, it had lasted long.

Now how to get the lion's attention without scaring the gazelles or making them aware of either of them. It was probably already too late, but Maysa couldn't just allow this to happen again. Not to her. Not by the lion, even if he was handsome.

Maysa took a look around for any other tools but herself. Finding none, Maysa stretched out, crossed her claws and stepped out into the setting sun's light. The gold in her coat should catch the light, but hopefully the lion would notice. And with any luck it would ONLY be the lion that noticed.

Princess_Feylin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:46 am
Movement. Voiboi noticed it unconsciously, and would probably would have dismissed it unconsciously, too, had it not been a different sort of movement that the type associated with herdbeasts. It was a stealthier type of movement, and much lower to the ground than the average gazelle could manage. If a gazelle was moving like that, there was something definitely wrong. And so Voiboi turned his head to look directly at the unexpected movement.

He was not sure what he had expected, but a lioness with golden eyes and twists of gold along her spine had not been it. He did not sheathe his claws upon seeing her, but he did shift himself so that it wasn't so readily apparent that he was preparing to rip into her hide if she did anything aggressive. As he moved he evaluated her quite frankly, admiring the way her colors blended from dark to light with vines of contrasting colors worked in. She was stunning, and would make a valuable thrall, even if she had no actual skills, nor even a thought in her head.

"It is a good day to die," he murmured, appreciating in the way the sunlight glinted off her coat. "Have I disturbed your hunt?"

Dame NightFury
I'm sorry it took me a week to tag this. Gaia never gave me the quote notification. -.-

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 3:59 pm
Maysa glared at the handsome lion before lowering herself to lay on the ground again. Just a few more minutes until it would be safe to move and hunt the herd. Cull the not so beautiful gazelles from the rather lovely ones. A decent looking elder had caught her eye even as she had been attracting the lion's attention. That was the one she wanted. Not to ugle and definitely not to pretty to damage the herd overly.

"Yes. As a matter of fact you are. Would you please lower yourself so the prey doesn't scatter before I've caught my dinner? I'm sure a lion such as yourself doesn't find hunting overly difficult or limited, but there are unfortunate restrictions for me."

There. That wasn't rude and she hadn't thrown and attitude out at the light and gorgeous lion. The males that she had met since Jael ... well even before that really would be rather proud. Not as spoiled as he had once accused. At least Maysa didn't think so .....

All well. It was said and Maysa wouldn't harp on the rudeness or lack there of. The important thing was getting the lion to keep his pressence from the gazelles.

..... What if he didn't ahear to her request? .... Perhaps she should have phrased that more ... more .... more something. Pleasant? If it wasn't pleasant ... Or authoritative? Oh! Maysa hated going to sleep on an empty stomach! This could be very bad ...

Princess_Feylin
Hey Fey, sorry that I was gone so long. here's my reply ... ? emotion_kirakira

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces