Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands - Overflow Storage I [IC]
[PRP] Stranger Danger (Ufisadi x Hara x )

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:06 pm
User Image User Image

Ufisadi splashed his paws into the river that divided the Chokwe lands from the empty space beyond, the place he had once called home. He hadn't been a rouge for quite some time now, having found this pride after a rather unfortunate event that had changed the course of his life. Finding this pride had been his saving grace, as his now-mate, then friend had helped him climb out of the dark pit he had settled in to. Now he had something to live for, and that something was splashing in the water right beside him. He smiled down at the spotted young female, watching as she rolled around with a few curious fish.

"Be careful, Hara...those stones can get slip-"

He was cut off as the leopon gave a shriek and fell into the water, her paws sliding out from under her on the slippery stones. Ufisadi had to laugh as Hara pulled herself out of the water, a soggy wet mess. Had she been younger he would have dove to her rescue, but his little girl was starting to grow up. She needed to learn to take care of herself a bit more.

"That's cold!" she said as she shook herself off as best she could, fur sticking up every which way. "It felt nice, though...it was just a surprise."

"I can only imagine," Sadi said with a chuckle, leaning down to lick her head to straighten out her fur. "Now you know not to play so recklessly in the stream. The stones collect little green grass and become very slick."  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:18 pm
User Image

It was the sound of running water that interested him, and the sound of splashing that intrigued the lion enough to divert his path. Water was an essential of life, but people in the water could aid him in his search, though they knew it not. Was it possible that a pride laired in this area? He hadn't been here before to know, but it wasn't completely out of the question.

He'd have to find out.

The pink male came upon the river that had resonated and saw a perfectly pukingly charming scene of a father and daughter fooling around without a care in the world. Well, as long as the father wasn't completely oblivious to waht went on around him, this could be a useful encounter. On principle Facio doubted a cub could carry the information he needed, considering they tended to not know the entirety of their pride on sight.

"Good day!" the pink lion called out cheerfully, a friendly smile on his face.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:31 pm
The call made both the lion and the leopon raise their heads. Hara was still for a few moments before scrambling to hide behind her father, peering out at the strange lion from under Ufisadi's legs. She wasn't afraid persay, but she was wary of new people, especially ones that were on the Other Side. Her mother had been sure to tell her and her brother the limits of where they were and were not allowed to go, and the river was one of them.

"Ah...hello," Ufisadi called out after glancing behind him at Hara. Had it been her brother, he probably would have strode out into the river to meet the stranger. He had to admit that behavior worried him a bit, but this shyness was also troublesome. A nice balance was needed.

"Can we help you with something? This water is free to drink, but once you cross it you're on Chokwe lands. As long as you're peaceful, you'll be welcomed."  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:36 pm
Hmm. They were cautious. Was that a case of the child being afraid of that which was new and different, or did they truly suspect him of being other than he seemed? If the latter, then this had truly gotten dangerous before it had begun. He could not afford to be deterred from his quest.

But he must act as if it was the former, and that he was simply a stranger and unknown in these lands. Be the friendly and open lion that the world thought him to be.

"I'll admit to being thirsty," he replied, still smiling openly. "Though I'm afraid I'm new to these parts and have never heard of the Chokwe." Gaining the riverbank opposite where the pair stood, Facio knelt down and reached towards the flowing waters before glancing up and offering the cub a smile just for her.

"You needn't hide from me, I promise I eat no cubs of any type," he told the young leopon.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:20 pm
Ufisadi - never one to sense danger - smiled as the stranger move forward. He seemed harmless enough, all smiles and kind words, and he glanced down at Hara as she peeked out curiously from behind his paws. She was a very cautious cub, but her desire to learn everything she could helped push her outside of her comfort zone.

"It's all right," he said, lifting his head to address the stranger. "We're not very wide spread as a pride. We keep to ourselves for the most part." He let his tail brush Hara's as she was addressed, a little grin on his face. Hara, for her part, only flinched at first when the bright male smiled at her. Then she plucked up her courage a bit and moved to stand between Ufisadi's front legs, half out, half under her father.

"Me either!" she said confidently, ears forward. Her courage would have fluttered away had Ufisadi moved, but he stayed where he was. "Cubs are for making friends, not for eating. What's your name?" she asked, tilting her purple head to one side, a curious expression on her face.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:21 pm
The pink male drank a few mouthfuls from the river, though his gaze never left his hosts. A more reclusive pride, eh? That certainly held promise. If they tended not to deal with outsiders, that would explain why he'd not only heard nothing of the pride, but nothing of his prey, were she here.

Straightening again, he offered another smile. "I understand how that can be," Facio replied to the other adult, "isolation can be an ideal way to raise happy children." Speaking of, he had to chuckle, if only to reassure the pair that he was a normal traveler, at the young leopon who had now decided she wanted his attention.

"My name is Facio, little friend. What is yours?"  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:34 pm
"I'm Hara!" the little leopon said as she held her head high, smiling at the stranger. Now that he was smiling and talking so nicely he wasn't so scary. "You're very pretty," she added, leaning on her father's leg. Out of their little family she had the 'brightest' coloration with the purple spots, and she was quite fond of pinks and yellows. This lion just seemed to hit the jackpot with his fur.

"I like pink," she informed him as Ufisadi shook his head, smiling above her. His daughter certainly wasn't shy once she found her voice. That was certainly his trait. In his youth you couldn't have paid him in prime zebra meat to shut up. He had learned the value of listening, though, and hoped to instill that same thing in his daughter.

"Are you just passing through then?" he asked the other male. "You're more than welcome to rest here if you need it. I'm not sure what the policies are, but if you stick close to the river you can't go wrong.'  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:46 pm
"Why thank you Hara," the rogue replied kindly. He didn't much care if he was pretty or not, though he would take enough care to ensure he was well groomed and appealing to look upon. Those who didn't take care with their appearance tended to not be trusted or taken seriously on sight. "Your purple markings are also quite attractive."

Facio brought the majority of his attention back up to the other adult. "I tend not to stay more than a few days in one place, but I wouldn't mind spending those few here," he answered. "That is, if you're sure it won't go against your pride's rules." He made his face and voice a bit earnest - the rogue he played wouldn't want to offend, and Facio certainly didn't want to be remembered as being anything out of the ordinary.

In fact, even if his prey did live in the Chokwe, it was his goal to seem utterly ordinary the entire time he was here.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:56 pm
Hara giggled softly and hid behind Ufisadi's legs as the older lion nodded, curling his tail with his daughter's. "I'm sure. We offer rest to the weary, but if you stay too long we'll either ask you to join or leave. If you stay by the river, though, you can come and go as you please and there's plenty of prey."

They were a strict pride, yes, but a welcoming one. If they weren't, he wouldn't be here right now. He'd have been chased off the moment he stepped foot in their lands to take a drink and seek some shelter from the heat.

Hara pawed at Ufisadi's leg before sitting down to chew on his tail. When adults talked it was boring. She wanted to go on an adventure with her dad and now they were just talking with this pretty rouge! Ugh....maybe she could get him to hurry up.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:00 pm
"In that case, I'd be happy to stay another day or two," the pink lion offered to the other male with a smile. Indeed, if the pride was as confined as the other lion seemed to imply, it shouldn't take more than a day to determine if his prey was anywhere around.

"Perhaps we should go now? Before Hara here dies of boredom," Facio added with a wink for the young leopon.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:25 pm
Ufisadi grimaced as little teeth sank into his tail and he glanced behind him just as Facio mentioned getting a move on. "Yes, I think that might be for the best," he said with a little chuckle. "Well, if you need something, feel free to ask. Everyone is very friendly here. Enjoy your stay!"

With that he headed further down the river, Hara bounding around his feet. "Bye, pink Facio!" she said happily before racing her father, the lion laughing as he followed her.

FIN  
[IC] Rogue Lands - Overflow Storage I [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff