User ImageThe mists grew thicker and thicker as they moved into deeper forests. Tory watched once more in deep fascination as her companion's pelt shifted slightly. As Tarishi and she had traveled to this land from Luthe's mountain home, several of the lands they had passed through caused the goddess' pelt to shift in its colors. The first time had shocked her mortal companion, prompted Tari to explain that it was one of her powers. Apparently there were some prides that had preferences to certain colors, or downright hatred of others in some cases, and in order to make her job as messenger work, her coat would change in pridal territories to be more acceptable.
The few times it had changed after that, Tory had been simply curious, wondering what these prides were like.

This time, Tari's mane washed out to be closer to white than her bright, golden blonde. The fading on her paws shifted to pale purple, blue, and gray, and the dots beneath her eyes altered to match. Like the rest of the time they had been traveling, Tari was in her mortal form, though one could really say that she was still more than a little fantastic. Tory had never met a lioness as large as Luthe's mother. Apparently gods just ran big most of the time.
As they had neared their destination, Tari had explained that there were lions here that she felt were family, even parents, and she wanted to see them first and quietly before revealing herself to the pride as a whole. Hence why she stayed as a mortal instead of letting her true colors show, so to speak.
"Do they not like red or yellow?" The goddess paused in her steps, looked down at her paws, and sighed with a small shake of her head. That was the funny thing about it, since the power was automatic and had been happening all her life, Tari had apparently grown to ignore it. She didn't even know what colors she changed to until she looked down at herself.

User Image"This is my first time returning. Altair and Hermes let me know some details. This land once belonged to another pride, they couldn't abide the colors of fire, red, orange, bright yellow. The Neled didn't have a problem with colors, but I'm guessing they're holding up the traditions of the old ways here. I don't mind it, to each their own." Tory caught the goddess' smile and somewhat cheeky tone as she conspiratorially added, "I for one am quite fond of pink."