Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home
[PRP] Blooming (Nkosazana and Lan)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:00 pm
Looking at her house, (which she didn’t have to give up with her rank falling thank the old gods else she might have pitched a fit), Lan felt a bit sad about the state of it. While sure, the sanctuary had not been a proper home, she had her little garden and here she had.. dirt. Dirt, dirt and more dirt. It was fertile soil, soft yet well layered for draining. It was an idea place to start planting, it was just a matter of getting said garden started. Tools she had, flowers was all she was lacking. Well, Flowers and an idea of just how she was set up said garden.

Tapping a finger to her chin she could have gone back and attempted to recover her old plants but there was a better option. While Halloween might harvest quite a lovely number of plants, the best were sadly, in the human world. At dreaded places of human populations where they gathered with their young and augh- just thinking about it made her sick. However it really would be better to get her flowers there, infuse them with FEAR and plant them Exotic blooms that would look much better once a bit of fear was in them… and in Halloween.

However going on her own to the human world was a bit out of the question. Hunters on high alert- she would need company. Walking towards the portals to the way out of the tower, Lan looked for someone who didn’t look busy and might he able to be talked into joining her for an off world excursion. A horsewoman of death seemed to not have any goings on and so that was who became Lan’s unfortunate target to drag along on her flower gathering adventure.
“Excuse me, but, would you be willing to join me in a visit to the human world?” She asked as sweetly as she could.
“I am not seeking to harvest fear but rather flowers you see. Halloween flowers are just..dull. Fresh flowers from the human world infused with real FEAR from horsemen however? They are much better. It’ll just be a simple trip is all.”
Lan hoped to just hear a yes. She didn’t want to be in the middle of picking flowers when a hunter might spot her and chose to pick a fight. She just wasn’t up for those sorts of antics.
Seiana_ZI

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:11 am
Nkosazana was indeed not doing anything of particular importance, but she was doing something. She was sitting there with a piece of wood and her whittling knife, just carving pieces off the wood. She was not even trying to make a particular shape with it, just running her knife along and flattening the side of the wood further with each stroke.

That wasn't to say the interruption was unwelcome, of course.

It certainly was.

The priestess of the old order placed her tool and wood down beside her, listening to what the Conquest horsewoman had to say. She wanted to go to the human world? Her lips formed to say a no but when she said that it was just to get some flowers -- well, that wasn't so bad, right? And as much as she didn't want to cause any trouble, it would be foolish to let a fellow horsewoman go by herself. She was looking for someone to go with, obviously.

Nkosazana pocketed her whittling tool and the wood she was looking with in her small pouch, before nodding. "Sure. I would like to visit the human world. It has been a while, and their flowers are quite pretty."

If she was going to stay here (for now), perhaps she could find something to spruce up her room in the process herself..

iStoleYurVamps

Seiana_ZI

Codebreaking Conversationalist

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:11 pm
Lan say the movement of her lips, expected a refusal. She knew it was possible but was so dearly hoping that it wouldn’t be the case. All she wanted was to get some flowers and not have to worry about harassment, that was all. Get a few orchids, some lilies, maybe roses or irises. She just wanted a nice garden. Sure she might no longer be nobility but that was no excuse for not having a nice garden. It was worth it to invest in a garden. It brought zen and clam and ultimately made your dwelling a more welcoming and pleasant place.

Just agree death horsewoman, please for her. Lan silently prayed.
When said horsewoman altered and agreed, Lan could have whooped with joy. Flowers would be her’s. It was now just a matter of getting to them, picking them out, (perhaps the hardest part), and bringing them back. At least they could customize the portals to and from for ease.

“Thank you,” she bowed, “I really want to just liven up my front- having to move so suddenly and then just up and leave my garden behind? The sanctuary might have been less than anything suitable, but after a year I did have such a nice garden. Now I’ve got to start over.” From scratch and on her own. No more servants to ask to do things for her. Meaning it would take longer and possibly come out a bit odd.

“A companion I figured would help avoid any potential human intervention. Or well, hunter annoyances. Can’t go anywhere without them popping up it feels like.” Walking to the portal and altering it to a suitable location Lan smiled stepping through.
Land in of course what one would call a ‘super center’. Specifically the garden and outdoor part. It even had a cheap working fountain display. “…I think this place is suitable to start looking.” If one could ignore the worn, dead, empty eyes of the employees in said garden center.
Seiana_ZI

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:14 pm
The remarks that the sanctuary was less than anything suitable drew Nkosazana's mouth into a thin line, holding her thoughts lock and key about what she really thought about that opinion. After a few crucial seconds, it faded, and Nkosazana offered a gentle smile instead. At least her intentions were simple and not related to murder; she just wanted to make a garden. Nkosazana could certainly support that much.

When the Conquest horsewoman remarked on the Hunters, part of Nkosazana agreed, and the other part asked if the Hunters could really be blamed at this point, considering Medea had gone so far as to kill Death.

Kill Death.

Shaking her head, Nkosazana stepped through after the conquestian. This was about pretty things and -- grumpy employees, apparently. Nkosazana squinted at them, wondering what exactly their problem was...

"Yes, those rays of sunshine," said sarcastically as she could muster, "nonwithstanding of course. Did you have any particular type of plant in mind for you garden, miss..."

Wait, she didn't know her name, did she. Hm...

iStoleYurVamps

Seiana_ZI

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:48 am
Or course, the annoyed humans working might not have noticed her but she noticed them. And old trip, letting a bit of her fear hover over to them, let paranoia that their boss might be near settle in. Okay sue her, she couldn’t help just getting them a little worked up, there were low, even by human standards after all. Retail. Humpf.
Tugging at her braid Lan walked towards the flowers pausing only to see if her companion was still with her. And once confirming that indeed, she’d come through the portal Lan relaxed. Company was so nice at times like this.

“Those rays of sunshine should feel a bit better with some paranoia- fearing their boss might walk in and see them disappointing their dear customers.” Lan walked right by one, tapping him on his shoulder. A phantom touch he looked around wondering where it had come from, unable to see or sense Lan. “I can’t help it. They’re like small confused foxfires who don’t quite know just what is going on.” Small confused foxfires that could give them a snack perhaps mid shop.

“But I get distracted, these are what we are here for-“ Potted plants in all sorts of colors and types sat in rows prices clearly marked. Not that it would matter to Lan. “I adore Orchids, but roses, chrysanthemums, violets, irises, once I get a small pond I’ll have lotuses planted but for now… Orchids.” Walking over to one section two purple and white stood out in full bloom yet- “Hmm, oh yes I am Lan by the by…” She went back to looking at the flowers. “Does the one on the left look better to you?”

They looked exactly the same.

Seiana_ZI

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:18 am
She thought they weren't bothering the humans--

-- Okay, some part of her had to admit his sudden standing up and actually caring was a little funny --

But still, she was here to focus on flowers, right? Flowers. Nkosazana let out a small, almost childish giggle at the poking of the humans, but said nothing, relieved when Lan mentioned that she had become distracted. Lan was her name. She had certainly heard that name before, when the Clans were in the reserve. She was an elder, wasn't she?

Nkosazana smiled. "Orchids are very pretty." Perhaps there were not a whole lot of flowers in the Death lands, but Nkosazana had seen other lands before. Conquest had always been so ... blooming, and it caught her eye. It was not like home, but it was pretty in a different way than home was.

"Nkosazana," introduced the priestess, as Lan looked at the orchids. "And, uhm."

They were exactly the same.

Nkosazana cleared her throat. "Yes, I think that one does look a bit better!"

Was there even any difference between the two? They looked the same to her ... what was Lan seeing? Must have been a gardener or Conquest thing...

iStoleYurVamps

Seiana_ZI

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:51 pm
Satisfied, Lan walked over and set the orchid of choice in a offside corner. It shouldn’t be bothered. “I am named for the orchid. Delicate, rare, beautiful. At least that’s what I like to think.” She grined, moving to yet another orchid, this one white and red.

She took it along with three others.
She really liked the orchids.

“Are you named for anything in particular?” She asked, moving over towards the roses.
Seiana_ZI

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:10 am
Lan meant orchid? That explained her attachment to them, and the fact that she kept taking more of them...

Did all the Conquest Horsemen attribute so much to the meanings of their names? She had never thought too deeply about the meaning of her own or the meanings of the other names she had heard. She knew her name meant something, but she wasn't sure if it really meant another to her -- and Lan wanted the know the meaning of her name. Alright.

"Ah, not really." She offered a small smile. "Though my name does mean princess, or something along that line. Perhaps my namers were trying to say I should be royalty, or I am like royalty?"

At that, Nkosazana giggled.

"But us Death horsemen do not really have royalty, so I think my parents just thought it sounded nice, really."

The priestess' eyes wandered over the other flowers, picking up a carnation that looked like it could use a little assistance and looking at it. In some ways, she just wanted to care more for flowers like these -- it was a project, to bring them back to life.

iStoleYurVamps

Seiana_ZI

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:00 am
Lan's frown was small but it was there. To her, to be given a name with no purpose behind it was rather an outlandish concept to her.

"Death lacks royalty, but that doesn't mean you can't act like you are one." She said, admiring a particularly red rose. It had the most exceptional thorns as well. The perfect combination to her. Picking it up and adding it to her little pile, Lan went to the yellow roses. She could cross breed them in time.

"Nobility in conquest is complex. Houses rise and fall- power struggles, betrayal, climbing the social ladder, trying to marry this or that stallion to get closer to the throne... even when related to the next in line." She shuddered. Some things in her clan she could go without.

"... Do you think that the clans might benefit from the idea of marrying outside of their original clan?"

Her mind had drifted towards more delicate things than roses.
Seiana_ZI

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:43 am
Lan did not seem to be particularly comfortable with the idea that Nkosazana's name had no actual purpose behind it. Must have been a cultural difference, she would think.

Though she had a good point, and Nkosazana offered the other horsewoman a smile. "This is true. If one's name has a meaning they like, they can always endeavor to be like that name, I suppose." She glanced around at the roses Lan was eyeing, particularly a few yellow ones. Seeing one she thought was particularly nice, she turned to point it out to Lan--

Only to be surprised by a question of a much different sort.

Marrying outside of their clan was definitely a much different topic. Did this Lan like someone outside of the Conquest clan? She couldn't think of any other reason for that to be asked.

Well, what did she think?

Nkosazana would be lying entirely if she said she hadn't once been interested in someone of another clan herself, and that was back long before all of this happened. A war horseman who was dead now, just like so many of the others -- was he back now, with all of the forsaken horsemen being brought ... back ... no, she didn't want to think of such a thing. It wasn't likely, anyway, considering he died before the fall, too --

Mm, she was getting sidetracked.

"I do not see why they couldn't benefit from a good match of a mixed clan," offered Nkosazana, a small smile on her face. "Foals would be born to those marriages, and even if they would technically be of one clan, they would be raised with the knowledge of both, would they not? More diverse foals could come up with more enlightened strategies and directions for us in the future. And ... even if there are no foals, I don't see the harm in forming a union with someone outside of the home clan. Happy horsemen will be more focused on what they need to do, instead of brooding about their life at home."

... That was a good answer, right? Longer than she had expected to give, but she certainly hoped it helped.

iStoleYurVamps

Seiana_ZI

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:12 pm
Lan picked a final plant, lavender before looking at her choices. She was done. She'd let herself get lost in divergent thoughts.

"I have my choices- are you equally situated to depart?"

She kept wondering if she should have returned the lavender.
Seiana_ZI

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:17 am
Lan did not give a solid answer, instead diverting and asking if Nkosazana was ready to part herself. She had a few flowers in her hands, not necessarily ones that already looked beautiful, but ones she thought she could make thrive within her little cove on the Death floors.

... and ones she could probably easily uproot if she left.

Nkosazana nodded to Lan, gathering her flowers a bit closer. "Yes, I think I'm situated well enough."

iStoleYurVamps

Seiana_ZI

{ The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas