Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[PRP] All Dolled up [Kenta || Miasma]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:16 am
Kenta left the school to go visit his Guardian Loran. He had questions on some things he was too embarrassed to ask other students. After all, they had all acted like everyone knew what they were talking about... but with only one year of memories and only the most basic of knowledge, he didn't know what everyone knew.

Plus he wanted to visit home. Say hi to the bony old man, visit and talk. Since Loran was like family now. He walked in the front door and stopped: there were boxes everywhere.
"Hey Loran. I'm home." He called out as he wandered through the boxes. Curious, he opened one and quickly closed it. Clothes. Fancy stuff, elegant, frilled, lace and embroidered clothes. Ik! Old man must be cleaning his closet or something....

"Ah Kenta! Welcome come lad." A tall skeleton decked out in a classic outfit of blue and gold silk with lase, frills, embroider in gold thread topped off with a hat stepped out from an archway. "You came home at a good time! I've got a new shipment in and need to move it to the shop! Would you mind helping?"

"Uh sure...." He said as he eyed the boxes. If they were all clothes then this wouldn't be too hard... even if there was a lot of boxes.

"Oh not all of them will be going." The hollow dead voice said happily. "These boxes here are for you!" His skeletal hand waved elegantly at the few stacked on top of each other. Kenta's ears flicked back and he looked at Loran warily.

"I.. don't have space..." What was Loran trying to unload on him?

"Nonsense! Oh and," he held out a bag. "Go put this on.."

Taking it hesitantly he looked inside and made a gagging noise when he saw what was in there.

"No!" He said. "This is all laced and frilled! I don't wear girly stuff!"

Loran sighed and if he had eyes he'd have rolled them. "Humor an old skeleton, Kenta. It's been forever since you've let me buy you clothes! Besides what you're wearing isn't fit to be worn." He sniffed in disgust; "Those have patches and I can see some more holes starting to form... I will not let anyone say I do not clothe you properly! Now put it on.. unless you want me to make you."

Kenta's ears fell and his tail curled between his legs as he sulkily slunk off to change. Loran had.. forced him to change once.. that had not been fun.... It was just better to wear it then ditch the clothes and run wolf form back to the dorms.. yeah.. that'd work....

[A.V.]

If Mia's big on Fashion, she may know Loran possibly. He's an old skeleton who runs an antiques shop: old stuff from furniture to clothes to odd nick nacks. He's just got a new shipment in (goes to his house) and maybe has asked for help getting it all set up? Or you can spot them as Kenta is dragged outside wearing that outfit.....

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:38 am
Mia had always been a big fan of Loran's. Despite being an undead, he did have quite a fashionable taste in clothing, and while she was rather judgmental towards most, she did accept the fact that there were a few good apples among the bunch. Namely, Olivia and TK, whom she had deemed tolerable, and had good taste in clothes.

And so, when she heard he had a new shipment of clothes (as well as other things), and had needed help in getting it all sorted out, she all but jumped at the chance. Not only would it give her an opportunity to see all the neat new wares, but maybe she could even get some at a discount.
After spending a hefty price in some new outfits, it didn't hurt to get stuff for a bit of a bargain, and while she never made the mistake of getting used clothes or hand-me-downs, she was sure Loran would have nothing but the finest, and surely none of it used.

Making sure she was dressed in her finest, Mia knocked on the door, and waited patiently.

robot kitten
Woo!
Hope you don't mind I took a few liberties ahh.
I can change stuff if you'd like!

[A.V.]

Crew

Dangerous Hunter

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:54 am
[A.V.]
It looks good!
Just so you know: kenta's in a male version of this now but instead of the plain black vest it's this one. No boot though.

Loran grinned (well he was always grinning in his skeletal way, but now he actually meant it) when Kenta slunk off to change. I'll treat him to his favorite dinner tonight to make up for it. He knew the lad didn't like being dressed up but he just couldn't help himself! And it was just too much fun! Good clothes can make or break a meeting, he thought to himself as he went to answer the door. Perhaps another helper had arrived to help?

"Ah Miasma," he said as he motioned for her to come inside, "Welcome! I'm glad you showed up to help. I've got a lot of new clothes in, most female it seems. I will need your help in sorting out the good from the bad and perhaps help me .... rearrange some of the outfits. He sighed. "My suppliers sometimes send me the most gaudy of stuff... I take them apart and salvage the better pieces to mix and match later on.... Since you are helping, you may take a few outfits of your choice as payment." Always pay the help, it made them more willing to help and they did a better job!

Kenta mean while, had finally manged to put on the uncomfortable, yet very fashionable, outfit. Growing to himself at the discomfort and restrictions of the clothes

"Dunno why I come home when you keep foisting these stupid tacky stuff on to me..." He was muttering when he entered the room. He stopped and snarled when he saw that the "it's-not-pink-but-fushia" girl standing in his house.
"What're you doing here." He said ungraciously.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:47 am
It was true, Kenta. First appearances were EVERYTHING, and considering he had already botched his first appearance with her...
But that was neither here nor there, and she was already dressed impeccably, so that wasn't an issue.
Mia beamed as the door opened, and did a small curtsy before entering.
"But of course. I must say I've been a big fan of your wares, and I'm more than happy to help."
While she did prefer clothes, antiques and trinkets did interest her also, and she was in a need to do some room decorating also. It was probably in bad etiquette to just accept the clothes like that, but, well, Mia couldn't say no. Not only was it free, but, she knew they would be good quality.

She was just about to get herself settled and started looking around when she caught sight of a well-dressed boil. A well-dressed boil who ALSO happened to be one who grated on her nerves.
"Oh, I never knew you could clean up so nicely, given how you presented yourself last time."
To be honest, she was a little jealous at the clothes he was wearing. Such nice quality, but she smirked, enjoying the irritable look on his face.
... wait, did he say "home"?
Her smile dropped. She was in this beast's house?

robot kitten
Ooh, so spiff! * v *

[A.V.]

Crew

Dangerous Hunter

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:04 pm
[A.V.]
he he he he. I'm enjoying this PR >3<

Loran gave an elegant small bow in return for the curtsy.
"Always nice to know there are others who appreciate the finer things in life!"

He turned and glared at Kenta's rude greeting. "Kenta! That is not how you welcome a guest into the house! She will be helping us..." He paused when Mia spoke up.
"I keep telling him he should dress better but he keeps going back to those tattered things he calls clothes... Or his." He paused then said the last word in disgust, "sportswear." Then he smiled at Kenta. "And she is right. Yo do clean up nicely... now if only you'd wear those all the time." He finished mournfully.

Kenta snorted and crossed his arms. He ignored the small surge of pride when he got complimented. No way was he going to let anyone know that looking good mattered! It'd ruin his reputation... well... what small one he had.
"It's uncomfortable!" Not really... Loran knew his sizes and it fit perfectly but he wasn't going to say that. "You can't move in these things." He held up an arm and glared at the lace that festooned the end of the sleeve. "How you can stand having so much frippery on you?"

Loran sighed and shook his head. "You just need to get used to them Kenta boy! Be glad I'm not making you wear shoes to go along with it! And looking good is worth the small cost of not being able to run as fast as possible. Change into another set of clothes when you exercise." He waved a hand to toss Kenta's complaints(which he'd heard million's of times) out the window. "Now.. You won't be helping to sort Kenta, Mia will do that. You will be helping us move boxes and the heavier item while we sort."  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:32 pm
Having her dreams and expectations crushed just a little, Mia tried to recompose herself, and gave the boil a mocking smile.
"You know, it's true. I almost didn't recognize you. To think you had all this at your disposal..."
She gestured around the room, at all the beautiful intricate items that filled up the very space. Really, the term "pearls before swine" was quite true. Give an undead nice things, and they'd still rather settle for trash. Of course, there were always exceptions, and she was glad that Loran was taking her side. Though, despite that, she wasn't aware of their relationship, and while she did rather dislike Kenta, she didn't want to get on his guardian's bad side. It seemed she'd have to keep tongue-in-cheek about all this.

"Simple. With practice."
It had taken her a while to get used to high heels and the such at first, but now, wearing anything else made her feel uncomfortable. That, and heels added to her height. It didn't help that she was a measly 5'4". She hated being short.

"A shame." she sighed. "Shoes would have really accented the outfit."
Really, she just wanted to cause him suffering. And there were truth in Loran's words, Kenta. Don't you dare ruin those clothes by doing stupid reckless stuff.
Despite the boil getting all the fancy stuff, she was rather pleased he was made to do the heavy work.
Yes, very nice. All the while, she got to look at beautiful clothes and sort them. This day was already taking a turn for the better.

robot kitten
Yesssssssssss
Poor Kenta haha

[A.V.]

Crew

Dangerous Hunter

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:05 am
[A.V.]
My mind keeps trying to wonder how a skeleton reproduces... not like they have anything to reproduce with....

Loran was amused, maybe if girls told Kenta he looked good the boy would wear better clothes? But... not this one apparently. They must have met before ad not got off on the right foot. There's always time to fix that, he thought as he pointed at the boxes filled with all the things he wanted Kenta to have.
"Go put those in your room, then you can help move boxes around so Miasma and I don't have to move all the time while we sort."
Kenta muttered to himself as he did so. There were three boxes, not to heavy, so he just piled them up on to of each other and caried it up in one trip.

When he got back down he responded to Miasma's comments. "I prefer comfort and clothes I can work in.. not fancy girly stuff. And I won't wear shoes.. ever....They hurt."

"It's not girly Kenta." Loran said with a sigh.

"It's frilled... and there's lace." Kenta kept coming back to that; he wouldn't mind the vest or the pants he was currently... it was all the doodads, lace, frill.. girly stuff.

"A truly confident man can wear what ever he want and make it look good."
Loran said as he opened a long box and sighed happily. Inside were dresses; lovely pastels, some darker colors, not all from is preferred era's of clothing but nice enough. Some had flounces and frills and lace, others were sleek and elegant in their simplicity. "Oh what a lovely haul this is today! And nothing too tacky for once."
Kenta rolled his eyes. Dresses......  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:20 pm
"Just Mia is fine, sir."
She smiled pleasantly, and turned to watch as Kenta went off to change. Such a shame. The clothes were rather nice to look at, even if the boil wearing it ruined it somewhat.

It hadn't taken long for him to come back down, and Mia sighed. It was nice while it lasted.
"Words of wisdom from your guardian. You should learn to listen, Kenta."
Just saying his name made her want to shudder, but manners would be required if she wanted to remain in Loran's good grace. "Besides, human males often dressed in such during the Renaissance period. Victorian style was very much pop-"

She trailed off when she turned around to see what was in the box Loran had opened, and let out a happy sigh.
"Quite wonderful, I'd agree."
Poor Kenta, the only one unable to appreciate TRUE BEAUTY.

robot kitten
OMG xDD
Well, in the world of Halloween, they use pumpkin patches, so... anything is possible~

[A.V.]

Crew

Dangerous Hunter

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:56 pm
[A.V.]
True XD

Now in much more comfortable clothe that he could bend down and pick stuff up in without worrying about busting a seam, Kenta felt more confident. He stuck his tongue out at Loran and Miasma’s back as they were preoccupied by the clothing. Saying what he really thought of the uppity frivolous pink thing meant he’d say something that Loran might get upset at… which might be worth it just to see her squirm… but… later. Not when he had to work the rest of the afternoon with her! Pouty female was the worst.

“Who cares about popularity when it itches to wear?” He muttered instead as he grabbed a rack full of empty bags and hangers. He had helped out before and knew Loran would be keeping some of these, judging by the tone. But he brought over the box of scraps and an empty box to store the not acceptable stuff in just in case.
“Impractical.” He snorted at the sight of the dress currently being examined before slouching over to a seat

Loran tsk-ed at Kenta. “It is a work of art! You should learn to appreciate the finer things in life. This is just simply lovely! Though a tad too elegant for normal wear….”

“Ha! It’s a freaking ball gown! What person wears that these days? Sure… good for fancy balls… but that’s it.” Kenta groused from his seat. What type of person would wear that in normal day life? It’d get ruined in an instant! All that delicate cloth and pale colors….  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:17 pm
"Perhaps for you it may not matter, but there may be times you need to leave a good first impression."
Really, Kenta, think outside the box, will you?
At least one good thing for the boil was that should he try insulting her, she would... probably refrain from more colourful insults, as she didn't want to leave a bad impression herself, and considering how close he and his guardian seemed to be... she's be the one getting the short end of the stick out of all this.

If it was any consolation, she was glad that Kenta wasn't getting his dirty paws all over these precious clothes. She couldn't help but letting out happy sighs at a few she had pulled out, making a note what to keep in mind and what to modify when she came to picking out clothes from the pile later.

"A person with class."
Mia didn't feel like arguing much, even if it WAS a tad overly formal, but that was always better than being under formal.

robot kitten

[A.V.]

Crew

Dangerous Hunter

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:09 am
[A.V.]
You up for ending this? Or have any idea where to go from here? I've loved this rp! Much fun!

Kenta sniffed at her words. Good first impression? Her clothes hadn't done her much good with that attitude! Besides, anyone could tell he was a rough and tumble guy... what use would dolling himself up do other than get him comments on how he was trying to ape his 'betters?'

"Or someone who doesn't do anything...." He muttered under his breath as he hauled over another chest for them to examine. "Someone who doesn't bother with doing more than sitting looking silly."

Loran didn't spend too much time on each box, he moved from one to the next with practiced speed, knowing what would sell well, what just needed a little bit of repair or additions to look better, and what to set aside to take apart and try salvaging later. This kept Kenta on his feet moving about grabbing boxes and carting off reboxed stuff to be sent to the shop later.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:50 pm
Mia only shook her head and sighed.
Clearly the boil didn't understand class distinctions.
At the very least, she didn't have to deal with him running his mouth much as he was kept busy, and she worked diligently too, admiring how quickly Loran worked.

"Is that all of them?"

robot kitten
Sounds good to me @ wrap-up!
Idk haha, maybe they finish cleaning up and head back to the school together, harassing each other lol.

I did too! Thanks for rping with me ; u ;

[A.V.]

Crew

Dangerous Hunter

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out