Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[Enrollment] Henriette the Ghost ~ accepted

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

gracie loff

Naughty Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:36 am
AMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM

Name: Henriette Lachance
Nicknames: Hattie, Hettie, Hennie, Harri/Harrie, and Etta/Ettie.

Faction: Ghost
Race: Haunt

Natural Ability: xxxxxxxxxx • Object Invocation: A haunt's powers are usually tied to their power object in some way.

Harriet can manipulate her "saw". She can move it making cutting motions through her body for scare or she can hide it if needed. (Though she rarely if ever hides it) Even if hidden the cut through her middle is always visible.

Personality:

She knows nothing of her past life, like every other ghost.

While the actual details of her death are unknown, basically whether she was murdered or it was an accident, she tends to not worry about it so much. Once upon a time she did dwell on the past. She fretted about how she was killed, and who she was, to the point of constant depression. Now she prefers to live in the moment than to dwell on the past, enjoying the new life she has as a ghost! Or.. so it she claims. She might claim to live in the moment, but she hides her depression with a fake smile. While she has given up on the details on her death she still finds herself .. lacking. Incomplete. She struggles with her self image, keeping herself busy with her acts as a means to fill a void.

To people around her Harry seems to be charming, kind, and flamboyant. She thrives to be the center of attention and the center of the stage. She can be fickle, impatient, and intolerant at times. While she keeps a kind face to those close to her, her mood can change at flip of a hat! Her pride can also get the better of her at times, as she see's herself more talented than others. She can be known to lapse into French randomly.

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy?

Like other ghosts, she "showed up" in Halloween town. She did not show up via a reaper, but instead from whatever "killed" her. After her state of shock wore off, she began to gather up stray emotions and become the ghost she is now. While she entertains others for fun she doesn't really have much of anything to do at the moment.

FEAR Ability:

The Mind:
This technique makes it harder for your opponent to hit their desired target, ie you and just about anyone else. This type of Fear attack is best used in one-on-one fights.

Harry has the ability to conjure illusions of herself, making it harder to hit her. These illusions are frail, and easily torn apart if targeted.

Physical Description:

Eye Colour:
Hair Colour/Style:
Skin Colour:
Clothing Style/Colours: (Remember, everything should be Halloween-inspired! Creepy is good!)
Extra: (Your character's special features: wings, tail, pointy ears, fangs, whatever else that isn't covered above.)

References: Here she is!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:09 am
Looking good so far. However I'm going to give a heads up that her fear maaay not fly as typically only reapers are allowed to utilize a weapon/item in fear attacks. I'm not entirely certain how it pertains to haunts, due to their natural ability, however.

I would ask one the admins for clarification on that since there's kind of a thin line as far as that goes.

(Also small thing but I thought she was a reaper going off of the title.. XD; )  

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:42 pm
Aw yeah what up i saw you had an enroll ahurdurdur

Enroll pert: I'm gonna back up my man blade here- Items can't be used in FEARs unless a reaper. I am pretty certain that this still applies to haunts as natural ability is just what gets tailored to the item in question, and refs to items can be used in FEAR. But outright item use is a no-go. Could be that she can turn her fist or leg into a saw like appendage to dmg or that her nails grow and become serrated like a saw. Maybe she does some illusion b/c stage magic. IIAM

Memory- She'd not remember stage magic. They flat out remember nothing, and at best only linger to a strong emotion so it could be rather that she has strong emotions when stage magic is mentioned. Also upon arrival in halloween she would have been taken care of and given basic direction. Many ghosts are 'adopted' or sponsored by individuals or groups so she wouldn't have nothing per say, but rather no strong connection to anything one/thing.

Minor notes: we have a student named harriet but she'd not been in play so... not a huge issue. but idk some ppl dont like doing double names

+If you want to keep it thats fine but... the object/saw would be a part of her and her own FEAR- meaning that it really wouldn't harm her or cause her pain on a general premise that its just a part of her.

Astro Zombies`

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:26 pm
iStoleYurVamps

Oh. Um. I'll have to edit that out in. I assumed since it said the natural ability was tailored to the item in question, the item could be used.

As for her stage magic. Could I have it to where she felt emotions near it, and decided to relearn/learn it since it gave her a good feeling? I want to keep her a magician. I just need to make sure I do it the right way.

Edits: Actually, I should ask. Is her natural ability ok? Being able to hide, and "move" it for show? As long as I don't use it for attacks?

That way I could keep that, and maybe take the suggestion of a magical/illusion attack.  

gracie loff

Naughty Kitten

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:57 pm
Astro Zombies`

LOL
Its an honest mistake b/c they're one of the very few odd ball outs species. But moving the saw, making it vanish/be visible- those are all viable nat abilities. Its just the item in use for fear where its a no-go.

And thats perf @ emotions. Its just like, facts they cant do about past. Feel squeezy over ocean b/c thats where they drowned? A+ Know they drowned in an ocean? Not an A+

But I will ask since it seems to be going that way w/ wording- were you wanting to have her preform magic and become a 'real' magician? Because ghosts cant really do magic and magician is boarderline a species on it's own. Ghosts can do very small things like illusions but not much else. Magic is pretty reserved for demons and reapers. BUT- if you mean magician as in like slight of hand then that is fine! I realize it might seem a nitpicky thing but in terms of canon it's p important.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:17 pm
iStoleYurVamps

Ok, so my natural ability is fine. That's good to know.

As for her finding who she is, I have one more question. My friend is getting his quest made by Zoo, and his family business is actually helping ghosts settle. I could rp with him, and add that to her bio... to fix that? To give her a reason why she relearned magic, and settled in? Or am I not allowed to use a friends character, even if I have permission?

And nope, I meant magic tricks. Like card tricks, bunnies out of hat, that sort of thing. Not her being able to conjure fire, ice, etc. I was actually going to ask, for her Fear sake, could it be Mind/Illusion based? She makes illusions of herself and cards, making it harder to hit her?  

gracie loff

Naughty Kitten

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:34 pm
Astro Zombies`

Yah- rping a settling in thing is fine rly.

Ummmmm okay like as far as fears go so long as there is no items or anything you should be fine.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:37 pm
iStoleYurVamps

-buckles down, and edits out the things talked about then-

I also changed her name, since you mentioned someone else was named Harriet. I don't want to cause trouble for the other owner.

I think that covers anything. I'll go into her in more detail once I've been able to rp her, but I hope that covers her for now. Thank you for the help, and let me know if I missed anything. ^_^  

gracie loff

Naughty Kitten

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:15 pm
BASIC CHARACTER KIT WHAT DO I DO NEXT

Welcome to This is Halloween!

Congratulations! Your character has passed the enrollment process and you're cleared to begin playing. Essentially, this means you can get your art certed, make your character's journal, and most importantly start RPing. If you're a little lost then don't worry, this guide is here to point you in the right direction.

gaia_crown [ Art Check! ]:

- Do you have your character's art? Great! Move onto the next crown.

- If you do NOT yet have your art, you may now contact your artist and let them know that they may now start on creating your character!

gaia_crown [ Certs & Emblems ]:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

- If your character is a STUDENT, you may create a customized student pin for them. This is entirely optional (but fun!) special badge that is unique to your character's design! You can find more information about pins (also known as their emblem) here.

- Hallowen characters (Students & Horsemen) may bet their character certed here!

- Hunters may get their certs here!

gaia_crown [ Creating a Journal ]:

- A journal is a thread where you can keep track of your character's accomplishments, RPs, progress, relationships, etc!

- All HALLOWEEN characters (Students & Horsemen) may create one here!

- All Hunters may create one here!

gaia_crown [ Let's RP! ]:

- Don't be shy about RPing! As soon as your character has been enroll approved you can start! Check out this awesome information about The World of Halloween and Amityville Academy. All students start off in Amityville academy. Need more things to do? Check out this whole subforum! Anything labelled Activity is open for you! Occasionally GMs will promote and open CLASSROOM orps. These usually happen in the classroom subforum. All students are invited to participate!

- If you are a Hunter, you will want to read the Hunter Newbie Guide Occasionally GMs will promote and open MISSION orps. These usually happen in the main Deus subforum and be followed by a guild announcement. All Hunters are invited to participate!

- If you are a Horsemen, please refer to here and the handy links in the first post as well as the other posts for concurrent and quest information! Need more things to do? Check out this whole subforum! Anything labelled Activity is open for you! Occasionally GMs will promote and open CLASSROOM orps. These usually happen in the classroom subforum. All Horsemen are invited to participate!

gaia_crown [ What's happening currently? ]:
- We try to keep all important things happening regularily updated in the ANNOUNCEMENTS THREAD. This goes for ALL FACTIONS. Have a question? Ask it in the Q & A !

gaia_crown [ Still feeling a little lost or overwhelmed? That's okay! ]:
- Check out what was just mentioned in FULL DETAIL HERE! Don't be too overwhelmed, there's time to sort everything out. For now, just enjoy some simple RP!

gaia_crown [ Finding RP ]:
- There's a bunch of ways to find RP. You can just contact a friend or any shop regular OR one of our available GMS for help! Otherwise, there are a lot of people looking to plot with YOU in their plotting threads! You can even make your own and advertise in your sig/ in the main thread/ etc etc!

- In addition any thread marked ORP is open for you to join!

- If you ever feel lost as a newbie, our many GMs are more than happy to one on one RP with you to help your character get acquainted. Send a PM to WE ARE HALLOWEEN and we can get you started this way as well. Otherwise, enjoy immersing yourself in the many RPS in TiH! It is all about discovery after all!

{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games