Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[ENROLLMENT] Kallistrate the Death Horseman - accepted

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rejam

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:47 am
LOST CLAN CREATION FORM

User ImageThe Horseman
Name: Kallistrate
Nicknames: Lala

Original Clan: Death

Job Role: Guardian (currently without a designated priestess, Lala fills in where required for periods of time up to a few months)

Personality: Like the Pegasus in myth, Lala has time only for those she sees as worthy to bridle her. The world consists of two factions: those who could tame her and command her, to whom she owes her loyalty, integrity, obedience, honesty, and the entirety of her body and mind--and everyone and everything else, to whom she owes absolutely nothing. While it is perhaps more appropriate for a Guardian to be quiet and to hold her tongue, Lala has an easily-triggered temper and isn't afraid to say what she's thinking, unless a person of appropriate esteem is in her presence. She deals poorly with mockery and has a strange, surrealist sense of humor, delivered in an absolute deadpan. Some say that she has never been seen to smile.

Despite her short temper and her readiness to violence, Lala does in fact think before she speaks. The longer she thinks before she speaks, the more the subject of her building wrath would do well to find a quick exit: Lala lets her rage reach a head before acting on it, deliberately and with complete devotion to the follow-through. She is not one to do a thing by half-measures, and she has a long, perfect memory for slights and offenses. It must be said, however, that once she has by her own estimation repaid the damages, the slate is blank once more: however much she might have to bide her time to exact her revenge, she nonetheless, once it has been exacted (again by her own personal definition of exacted), considers the matter dealt with, and appears to struggle with the idea that someone else might hold a grudge.

Mount Form: A small, sturdy pony of Haflinger type, solid white and faintly translucent with slightly-feathered fetlocks, moonstone eyes, the faintest of pale dapples over her flanks, and a black stripe running down her chin. If permitted I'd like her to wear a sort of veil/fillet like this.

Weapon Form: A strongly-curved Oxtail Sword

FEAR ATTACK:
[T2]Shadow (uses The Mind) - Lala exists as her priestess's shadow. This is a metaphor, of course, but it sometimes seems to apply in a more literal way, making her oddly difficult to target.
[T2]Disciple (uses Gambler's Chance) - Lala fearlessly embraces her own closeness to death and finality. The sacrifice exhausts her but the act of dedication grants her momentary power.
[T2]Brutality (uses Battle Cry) - Essential Ashen Soldier and Guardian training allow Lala to channel her FEAR into a single brutal blow.

Physical Description:

Eye Colour: pale/moonstone white
Hair Colour/Style: white; generally in a basketweave style, but other highly-ornate hairstyles are possible. Anything complicated and time consuming. Sometimes covered with a hood, particularly a fur one.
Skin Colour: true white
Clothing Style/Colours: Loose, billowing, much-layered silhouettes up top, with slim leggings and boots. Wears traditional Death clan jewelry on occasion, but a few minimal and decidedly rugged pieces unless she is visiting the temple. A polyvore although obviously this is more modern than she is.
Extra: She is compactly built, neither overly masculine nor curvy nor thin: sturdy.
References:

User Image
Her face is basically Lindsey Wixson's without the buttchin.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:50 pm
I have no ******** clue what i want for her fears so I am CROWD SOURCIN IT  

Rejam

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:27 pm
Due to her building up before resorting to violence, debuff/buff moves might be a good route, Tainted fang t2, Eye T2, Mindt1 Seem p good options?

Also guardians can exist w/o a chosen priestess! Most of the guardians in play rn don't have chosen priestesses iirc. Basically they just assist the priestesses in general, a 'floater' like you say.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:31 am
1. Did Lala always feel the call to be a guardian?
2. What do you think would have suited her if she hadn't been chosen to become one?
3. ...she has a long, perfect memory for slights and offenses. What is her oldest grudge?
4. Describe her first meeting with her former priestess.  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

Rejam

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:02 pm
lizbot
1. Did Lala always feel the call to be a guardian?
2. What do you think would have suited her if she hadn't been chosen to become one?
3. ...she has a long, perfect memory for slights and offenses. What is her oldest grudge?
4. Describe her first meeting with her former priestess.

AMA QUESTIONS ARE MOST USEFUL FOR QUESTS.

1. I seriously doubt it. Lala does enjoy earned submission, like she... hm. How to phrase it. Jane Eyre syndrome? She finds pleasure in serving if the person she serves is worthwhile. But I don't think it was a natural or easy choice for her given her rebellious streak. It might well have been more external than internal influence that led her down that path--not sure if from her family or from the priestesses or what. Something to think about for sure, but I am sure that when she did pursue that it was a little bit surprising to everyone. Maybe she knew her priestess before?
2. She was very well suited to being an Ashen Soldier despite her anti-authority leanings. It was easier for her to submit to the idea of organized ranks than a one-on-one leader/follower dynamic, and she likes to fight.
3. Probably if anyone was ever really mean to Ollie when they were wee baby ponies, Lala filed that away. She's pretty protective of him even if she pretends to keep him at arm's length a lot. I think she knows enough not to wound his dignity (what little of it he has), though, and wouldn't let on to him without coercion about how much she feels the need to be his personal defender.
4. I DONT KNOW. I am trying to figure out how long they knew each other. I kind of want to poke the idea that they knew each other as children, were separated, and they reuniting was one of the factors that led to Lala becoming a Guardian in the first place. It's hard to say, though. However I am pretty sure Una playfully goaded her into losing her temper. Una, I think, was a woman of knowing smiles and possibly a lot of them were faked but they were convincingly faked--I think she was possibly the type to enjoy impressing people, and putting them off their guard, although she was really indulgent and laidback.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:20 pm
(maybe Una went away for priestess training ~ !)

1. what did her room look like before the destruction of the islands?
2. did she have an guilty pleasures/indulgences?
3. since she likes to fight ~ is she more of a technique fighter or a brawler? Has/would she ever get into a tavern fight? Would she be the one to start it?
4. her hair is an unusual style, is there anything behind it other than aesthetics? (sindri says obviously the weaving is symbolic, and would like to count the rows in order to discover the numerology behind it)
5. Lala is hella pretty ~ has anybody ever have a crush/fallen in love with her?

rejam

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

Rejam

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:36 pm
lizbot
(maybe Una went away for priestess training ~ !)

1. what did her room look like before the destruction of the islands?
2. did she have an guilty pleasures/indulgences?
3. since she likes to fight ~ is she more of a technique fighter or a brawler? Has/would she ever get into a tavern fight? Would she be the one to start it?
4. her hair is an unusual style, is there anything behind it other than aesthetics? (sindri says obviously the weaving is symbolic, and would like to count the rows in order to discover the numerology behind it)
5. Lala is hella pretty ~ has anybody ever have a crush/fallen in love with her?

rejam

(that's what I was thinking actually!)

1. I think more ornate than you'd think, very personalized. She likes to swath herself up in clothes so I imagine her room'd be similar--warm, bundled up, furs, wall hangings, maybe things that to Lala's mind count for trophies.
2. I need to think about this one. I think it's likely she has some stupid hobby that she gets prickly about if questioned, but I haven't decided what yet. Not as stupid as writing really bad romance novels, but more creative than reading them neutral a
3. Definitely a brawler. She goes hard and fights dirty. Absolutely of the "and then a red mist descended" class of fighter. She normally prefers to dwell on slights and devise an appropriate retaliation rather than immediately give in to violence, but there are definitely situations in which she would totally start a barfight. If there was one already started it would not take much goading to get her to join in.
4. Lala is less given to actual spiritual meditation and prayer (as opposed to meditating on insults and why people are so ******** stupid, she loves that) than is strictly decorous for a Death clan member, I think, and especially for one that spends so much time in the company of priestesses. I think it's possible that she uses the daily ritual of doing her hair as a designated time for this. Maybe this was at Una's behest: "let's do something with all that pretty hair of yours, girl, and see if that helps."
Actually yes, that seems about right, especially because when I picture Lala as younger, before she became a Guardian, I nearly always imagine her with this incredibly unruly untamed mop of outrageous hair. SYMBOLIC HAIRSTYLE TIME: tamed, when Una told her to, and not just tamed but tamed painstakingly, ritualistically, completely.
5. She knows she's pretty, although she doesn't really see it as relevant to anything she does. I suspect Una was fond of her aesthetically, if not romantically, and that Lala's pretty face might have been a factor in Una's pursuit of her as a Guardian. I like to think that a few Ashen Soldiers have made eyes at her over the years, to which her response was likely "what the ******** are you lookin' at, you want a fight?"  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:16 am
1. is she at all sentimental? are there items she keeps as touchstones or special days she sets aside?
2. what are her feelings concerning wealth?
3. what is her favourite time of day?
4. does she dream/have nightmares often?
5. as a fighter where does she excel? what are her weaker points?

rejam

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

Rejam

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:46 am
lizbot
1. is she at all sentimental? are there items she keeps as touchstones or special days she sets aside?
2. what are her feelings concerning wealth?
3. what is her favourite time of day?
4. does she dream/have nightmares often?
5. as a fighter where does she excel? what are her weaker points?

rejam

1. She is sentimental in a selfish, personal way. She enjoys having reminders of personal victories and conquests, and probably has a good memory for anniversaries of important events but only if they're relevant to her directly in some way. She'll forget a fast day every year without fail but remember the day that Ollie joined the Ashen Soldiers, etc.
2. She's materialistic, but it's not so much about a show of wealth to her as it is an acquisition of personal comfort and identity. What it is matters less than what it means and what it says about you. Ostentatious displays of "LOOK HOW MUCH SUPERFLUOUS s**t I CAN AFFORD" just irritate her, or wealth for the sake of wealth. I suspect she has a lot of scorn for the flashier sort of Conquest horseman, though, and what might be considered overly "fancy" without the religious connotations of Death clan.
She can be a bit hypocritical on this point, I'm sure--scoffing at a Conquest horseman's lavish room, maybe, or rich robes, even though they exist for the same reason as the things she approves of--which is to say, to tell others what sort of a person he is. Maybe that's the problem. Maybe that's just the sort of person she disagrees with, and it has less to do with the wealth than what it implies about the character? HM.
3. Dusk.
4. I suspect that for the most part she doesn't, and when she does she tends to take them seriously. She has nightmares about her personal failures about Una's death, and occasionally scared nightmares about Ollie that she's had since he became a more active fighter, although she'll deny those forever.
5. She is stubborn and she sees things through. Once she lays in she won't stop until it's over. She will ignore fear and pain and power through them, although this could be considered a weakness if done in excess, which it sometimes is--she doesn't know when to stop. She is not great at strategic fighting, and is vastly better in a one-on-one situation than a battle/army type scenario, when she's as likely to be a minor nuisance as she is to be a help. She probably killsteals and then gets incredibly angry at other people for killstealing her.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:20 pm
BASIC CHARACTER KIT WHAT DO I DO NEXT

Welcome to This is Halloween!

Congratulations! Your character has passed the enrollment process and you're cleared to begin playing. Essentially, this means you can get your art certed, make your character's journal, and most importantly start RPing. If you're a little lost then don't worry, this guide is here to point you in the right direction.

gaia_crown [ Art Check! ]:

- Do you have your character's art? Great! Move onto the next crown.

- If you do NOT yet have your art, you may now contact your artist and let them know that they may now start on creating your character!

gaia_crown [ Certs & Emblems ]:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

- If your character is a STUDENT, you may create a customized student pin for them. This is entirely optional (but fun!) special badge that is unique to your character's design! You can find more information about pins (also known as their emblem) here.

- Hallowen characters (Students & Horsemen) may bet their character certed here!

- Hunters may get their certs here!

gaia_crown [ Creating a Journal ]:

- A journal is a thread where you can keep track of your character's accomplishments, RPs, progress, relationships, etc!

- All HALLOWEEN characters (Students & Horsemen) may create one here!

- All Hunters may create one here!

gaia_crown [ Let's RP! ]:

- Don't be shy about RPing! As soon as your character has been enroll approved you can start! Check out this awesome information about The World of Halloween and Amityville Academy. All students start off in Amityville academy. Need more things to do? Check out this whole subforum! Anything labelled Activity is open for you! Occasionally GMs will promote and open CLASSROOM orps. These usually happen in the classroom subforum. All students are invited to participate!

- If you are a Hunter, you will want to read the Hunter Newbie Guide Occasionally GMs will promote and open MISSION orps. These usually happen in the main Deus subforum and be followed by a guild announcement. All Hunters are invited to participate!

- If you are a Horsemen, please refer to here and the handy links in the first post as well as the other posts for concurrent and quest information! Need more things to do? Check out this whole subforum! Anything labelled Activity is open for you! Occasionally GMs will promote and open CLASSROOM orps. These usually happen in the classroom subforum. All Horsemen are invited to participate!

gaia_crown [ What's happening currently? ]:
- We try to keep all important things happening regularily updated in the ANNOUNCEMENTS THREAD. This goes for ALL FACTIONS. Have a question? Ask it in the Q & A !

gaia_crown [ Still feeling a little lost or overwhelmed? That's okay! ]:
- Check out what was just mentioned in FULL DETAIL HERE! Don't be too overwhelmed, there's time to sort everything out. For now, just enjoy some simple RP!

gaia_crown [ Finding RP ]:
- There's a bunch of ways to find RP. You can just contact a friend or any shop regular OR one of our available GMS for help! Otherwise, there are a lot of people looking to plot with YOU in their plotting threads! You can even make your own and advertise in your sig/ in the main thread/ etc etc!

- In addition any thread marked ORP is open for you to join!

- If you ever feel lost as a newbie, our many GMs are more than happy to one on one RP with you to help your character get acquainted. Send a PM to WE ARE HALLOWEEN and we can get you started this way as well. Otherwise, enjoy immersing yourself in the many RPS in TiH! It is all about discovery after all!

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas