Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[Q] Renée Digitalis the Kitsune || [Ready critiques?]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lollipop x L u x u r y

Indulgent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:10 pm
User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:31 pm
AMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM

Name: Renée Digitalis
Nicknames: Ren

Faction: Demon
Race: Kitsune

Natural Ability: Kitsune bi, also known as Foxfire. Albeit not large amount of fire, Renée is able to conjurer up small, floating fire of various shapes and project an illusion of speaking into the shape. His favorite form of fire is the fish.

Personality:
Renée is quite mischievous, looking for any chance to cause trouble. He just can't help it! The way others react... he gets quite a kick out of it. Of course, this has backfired more often than not on him; scary lumps in a pond within the woods didn't quite enjoy loud noises and prods. However, even after getting his hide handed to him, the kitsune refuses to learn; he'll be right back to the same antics once the soreness is forgotten. Irritating others is surely a death warrant waiting to be signed...

Due to his isolation with a mentor who could really care less how he behaved, Renée is quite ill-mannered. He doesn't like shoes and, when he sits in a chair, it is nearly always improperly. Calling out to people rather rudely and running through the halls is a common habit of his. Touching other's belongings isn't unheard of either.

But despite sometimes snatching up something that isn't his, Renée is quite possessive. What's his is his and he doesn't want it touched. His bed, his clothes, his supplies. And, above all, his ball. The white ball in his hands is his favorite possession. Corinthian had only gotten his hands on it once, sending a sudden shock through Renée's body.
Terribly childish, Renée is playful, nearly too much so. He likes to bound around, tugging on ears and clothes, swatting at tails. If he could find someone to tousle on the ground, he would be one happy fox.

He can be impossible stubborn. If he doesn't want to do something asked of him? He'll go out of his way to do the exact opposite. Compliance is hard won out of him... but not unreachable. An incentive could easily sway his stubbornness. He is also extremely easy to manipulate.

Selfish. Renée possesses that trait with vigor. He doesn't really keep in mind other's feelings and only worries about himself. If he gets enjoyment out of something at someone else's expense, so be it. That being the case, he also doesn't enjoy sharing those he deems friends.

Pranking is Renée's passion. Setting off little bouts of fire and making them pop like firecrackers, making a drink seem like it's there with a bit of illusion. He gets a crack out of trickery and has no problem revealing who the perpetrator was, not bothering to hold back his cackling.

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy?
Renée was enrolled, almost unwillingly, by his mentor Corinthian. Being tucked away into the woods for most of the kitsune's life with Corinthian, little interaction with other scarelings and the like was made. The few he did have a chance to socialize with were those who lost their way through the forest and stumbled upon the leery hut. And even then, it was never any... true chatting about the weather. More often than not, Renée would instead attempt pranking the 'guest' with fire-fish and firesnaps that made a miniature explosion and a loud pop.

Unmindful of Renée's manners and education, Corinthian kept him tucked away into the forest with him, enjoying the bare minimum social interaction. However, when the urge to travel the human world began to spread through him an itch, the mentor found it high time to enroll Renée into Amityville Academy, quite aware that leaving the kitsune with the little knowledge he had would be quite... precarious. And, of course, without a passport, there was no possible way to bring the teen with him.

And so, Renée was enrolled, leaving Corinthian worry-free and the kitsune grasping straws in a more... civilized environment.

FEAR Ability:
Illusion || Renée can quickly conjurer up a simple illusion to trick the eyes' depth perception, reducing full impact.

FEAR type
The Barrier || Creates a shield that nullifies incoming damage.
By concentrating their Fear, disciples of this technique can materialize their Fear into a physical shield or Barrier. In combat, damage is subtracted first from the Barrier then the protected's HP. This effect can be used to protect yourself OR another character.

Tier One
1d4 Dice
First Two Dice || 1-2: 1 Turn
Last Two Dice || 2 Turns

Physical Description:

Eye Colour:
█ █ █ #5ab7ff █ █ █

Hair Colour/Style:
Shaggy, layered, sticking up and slightly curled.
█ █ █ #f18716 █ █ █

Skin Colour:
█ █ █ #cba885 █ █ █

Clothing Style/Colours:
Anything that has a sort of... traditional Japanese feel, with a slight modern punk twist to it.The clothes in the reference is just a general idea. No shoes and at least a little bit of leg showing; Renée is a bit uncivilized in that sense.
For the colours, shades of blues and oranges are nice.

Extra: Fox ears and fox tail. A fire-fish illusion floating near him. Only request for the fire apparition is that it's very wispy. Otherwise, fish shape is really flexible. In his hands, is a white ball. It could or could not be hanging from the string.

References:
Here~

Source for information: here

Lollipop x L u x u r y

Indulgent Sex Symbol

Lollipop x L u x u r y

Indulgent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:15 pm

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:16 pm
Quote:
Of course, this has backfired more often than not on him; scary lumps in a pond within the Weeping Forest didn't quite enjoy loud noises and prods.

--> Of course, this has backfired more often than not on him; scary lumps in a pond within the woods didn't quite enjoy loud noises and prods.

Quote:
Being tucked away into the Weeping Forest for most of the kitsune's life with Corinthian, little interaction with other scarelings and the like was made.

--> Being tucked away into the woods for most of the kitsune's life with Corinthian, little interaction with other scarelings and the like was made.

Quote:
It is said that if someone were to possess the Kitsune's Ball, a promise of aid could be extracted from them.

-->

Lollipop x L u x u r y

Indulgent Sex Symbol

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:30 pm
Lollipop x L u x u r y

Hi there! Welcome to Tih! biggrin

Nat ability > This seems like a really fun nat ability; I like the fire aspect! Just know that if you choose this ability, he won't be able to shapeshift into kitsune form at will, since all Y1 have only one nat ability until they move to Y2! He'll only be able to be a kitsune in his dorm room or when his skull pin (required for all students) is removed off of school grounds!

FEAR > This seems okay! Just make sure not to godmode someone's illusion; as long as the opponent / other rper is the one coming up with the illusion, it should be okay!

History > Just as a note, the Weeping Woods are on Amityville grounds, and also contains portals to the human world (it's kind of like a "national park," so to speak) it would be unlikely he could live there without notice. A separate woods is fine, just not the ones at Amity!

A quick about his kitsune ball - he's allowed to have it definitely, but it can't be used for a weapon or nat ability or anything, since only reapers are allowed to use weapons / items for those! Otherwise, if it's just a favorite object, that's totally fine!

Other than that, he seems fun! Good luck with your quest! <3

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:52 pm
kuroopu
Lollipop x L u x u r y

Hi there! Welcome to Tih! biggrin

Nat ability > This seems like a really fun nat ability; I like the fire aspect! Just know that if you choose this ability, he won't be able to shapeshift into kitsune form at will, since all Y1 have only one nat ability until they move to Y2! He'll only be able to be a kitsune in his dorm room or when his skull pin (required for all students) is removed off of school grounds!

FEAR > This seems okay! Just make sure not to godmode someone's illusion; as long as the opponent / other rper is the one coming up with the illusion, it should be okay!

History > Just as a note, the Weeping Woods are on Amityville grounds, and also contains portals to the human world (it's kind of like a "national park," so to speak) it would be unlikely he could live there without notice. A separate woods is fine, just not the ones at Amity!

A quick about his kitsune ball - he's allowed to have it definitely, but it can't be used for a weapon or nat ability or anything, since only reapers are allowed to use weapons / items for those! Otherwise, if it's just a favorite object, that's totally fine!

Other than that, he seems fun! Good luck with your quest! <3

Thank you so much for replying. ; v; My first time at this so, was really nervous. * n*

Natural Ability: that's totes fine. He can feel itchy and bothered, not being able to turn like all the others. ouo

FEAR:
Oh yeah, definitely. It'll totes be up to them on just what they see.

History:
Ah, alright! I wasn't too sure! Tried searching around to see if there were other notable woods. But I'll change that; thank you!

Kitsune Ball:
Mhmm. Doesn't really have a... power. Would the obligation to 'assist' someone, ic-wise, be considered that? If they get a hold of it? It doesn't really give him a power boost or anything.

Lollipop x L u x u r y

Indulgent Sex Symbol

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:04 pm
Lollipop x L u x u r y
Thank you so much for replying. ; v; My first time at this so, was really nervous. * n*

Natural Ability: that's totes fine. He can feel itchy and bothered, not being able to turn like all the others. ouo

FEAR:
Oh yeah, definitely. It'll totes be up to them on just what they see.

History:
Ah, alright! I wasn't too sure! Tried searching around to see if there were other notable woods. But I'll change that; thank you!

Kitsune Ball:
Mhmm. Doesn't really have a... power. Would the obligation to 'assist' someone, ic-wise, be considered that? If they get a hold of it? It doesn't really give him a power boost or anything.

No problem! I know jumping in can be a little intimidating at first, but once you get everything settled, it's usually pretty easy to jump right in! And you have a pretty well developed quest, so I'd say you're already doing good! C:

Also it doesn't have to be a notable woods, really you could just make something up! Just saying he "lived in the woods" would be fine!

Also re: kitsune ball, that does count as ability, so unfortunately it wouldn't be allowed D: There are certain artifacts and certain items that give a character abilities, but those are quested for and acquired through RP and prompts!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:09 pm
kuroopu

No problem! I know jumping in can be a little intimidating at first, but once you get everything settled, it's usually pretty easy to jump right in! And you have a pretty well developed quest, so I'd say you're already doing good! C:

Also it doesn't have to be a notable woods, really you could just make something up! Just saying he "lived in the woods" would be fine!

Also re: kitsune ball, that does count as ability, so unfortunately it wouldn't be allowed D: There are certain artifacts and certain items that give a character abilities, but those are quested for and acquired through RP and prompts!

Yeah, it definitely is. * n* I've read up a lot, found myself getting confused, and decided to take the hands-on method. 8'D

Alright, thank you for that! <3

Ahh, I see. 8'D Alright, well... it could be a regular ball that he's extremely possessive over. Probably does tricks with them. The latter part you mentioned... is it also possible to quest, later, an... enchantment of an item? Not too concerned about it now but since the subject is brought up.

And I appreciate the critique, I really do. ; v;

Lollipop x L u x u r y

Indulgent Sex Symbol

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:41 pm
Lollipop x L u x u r y

Yeah, it definitely is. * n* I've read up a lot, found myself getting confused, and decided to take the hands-on method. 8'D

Alright, thank you for that! <3

Ahh, I see. 8'D Alright, well... it could be a regular ball that he's extremely possessive over. Probably does tricks with them. The latter part you mentioned... is it also possible to quest, later, an... enchantment of an item? Not too concerned about it now but since the subject is brought up.

And I appreciate the critique, I really do. ; v;

HI I'm not staff I'm just really nosy e ue NORMALLY I'D KEEP THAT A SECRET but I saw the talk about the ball object to do tricks with and I wanted to ask if you had heard of contact juggling! If not, that might be kind of cool, I'm a little obsessed with it though so hashtag bias lmao.

Also OH I'm Facey and nice to meet you heart

Andddd as I am not staff I can't like 100% promise you this is the answer but re: enchantment of items, that's not something that really happens as far as I know! I mean the thing Kuro was talking about was Artifact quests which are literally where your character goes on a quest for a magical object.

Anyway, that's it! See you around! biggrin

{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff