Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[prp] Two different quest (Xolile/Caelius)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:07 am
User Image

The quest to find his father had taken an interesting turn, Caelius thought, as he walked through the jungle. He had never been to a jungle before. It never occurred to him how easy it would to get lost in one! As he walked, he passed a stream. A stream that he had passed earlier that day. With a moment of defeat, he plopped himself down next to the stream, and dipped his head toward it to allow the cool water to brush against his mane.

“At this rate I'll be old and warn out by the time I find my father.” He said out loud. Since traveling he had gotten used to talking to himself. He wasn't used to traveling alone. The quietness of the journey so far made him wish that he had asked one of his siblings to travel with him.

But I had to go alone, he thought, with his ears pulled back. He was determined to make this his journey. Their father had left them and he wanted to find their father and make him apologize for leaving them. He couldn't understand why he wasn't there for them. His mother was lovely and wonderful.

The only conclusion he could think of was that he didn't want hybrid cubs.

The thought only made him sink lower. He pulled his head away from the water and shook his head to dry off.

SilverLutz
I was thinking that maybe if Xolile was doing one of her trials/quest we could have the two team up for that? Caelius would love a chance to take a break from looking for his dad to go on a side adventure xD

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:51 am
User Image Xolile was on a quest as well. She had been for a few days now and was beginning to lose a bit of hope, which was odd for the daring female. She'd been out in the rougelands by herself for longer than she had anticipated. Finding this stupid red jasper was harder than she had thought! While Xo didn't have any trouble hunting or finding shelter, she was getting horribly lonely. She was used to always having someone to talk to, but she'd been alone for so long she was starting to forget what her own voice sounded like.

The sound of water lured her into the little forest, as she was thirsty and a lot of the time the precious stones were found in rivers. When Xo broke through the trees and into the clearing by the river, she was surprised to see a cheeton there as well. Hurrah, someone to talk to!

"Hello!" she said cheerfully as she came a bit closer. "Mind if I grab a drink?"

R4gn0r0k IV
Sounds good to me!

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:01 pm
Lost in thought, Caelius didn't hear the lioness approach. Started, he gave a little jump. He gave the lioness a grin, once he got over the initial shock. “No problem at all! I would love to have company.” He said kindly. There was no way he would turn down a chance to talk. He preferred company over talking to himself any day.

“You a traveler as well?” he asked curiously. If she was, he wanted to ask her about his father, in hopes that maybe she heard of his name. He couldn't imagine his father being famous or anything the like, but he thought that a fellow traveler might have come across him.

“I'm Caelius by the way.” He greeted before dipping his head back in and getting a drink. As he took a drink, he kept an eye on the lioness. One could never be too careful in the rogue lands after all. He had yet to run into anyone who was looking for trouble, but he had heard stories from other rogues who talked about the misfortunes they've had.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:47 pm
Pleased by the cheeton's reaction, Xo lowered her head to grab a drink instantly. She didn't pause to speak until she had her fill, assuming the male would understand and not find her rude for not responding right away. Licking her lips once she was done, she shook her head and shifted to lay down beside the water.

"Nah, not a traveler. I'm a part of a pride, but I'm on a special quest for my coming of age," she said with a little grin. "I'm looking for a very specific stone, and once I find it, I'll be an official adult! Not that I'm not actually one," she added, rolling her eyes just a bit. It was rather silly, she thought, that an adult could still be considered a cub or adolescent rank. Her mother was one of those, still just a padawan, but that was more because she didn't really relish the idea of tasks. Xo loved a challenge and took them with gusto.

"I'm Xolile," she said once Caelius gave her his name. "Everyone calls me Xo, though, so you can do the same if you want. You're a traveler then?" she added, crossing her paws over one another, looking at Caelius intently.

R4gn0r0k IV

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:24 am
His eyes flickered with interest. “Oh what kind of stone? Maybe I can help you find it.” He didn't know much about stones, but it wouldn't hurt for him to try and help. Plus it would give him a break from his current task.

He wouldn't have considered himself a traveler. His journey was really just a long trip. Once he found his father and brought him back to his mother, he was sure that he would settle back down with his family. At least that was the goal. Sometimes things didn't work out so perfectly.

Caelius gave her a small smile. “I guess I am a traveler for now. I'm searching for my father Ajani.” He explained. The cheetah had never been apart of his life. He didn't even know what his father looked like other then he had rainbow markings. His own markings and coloring came from his mother. He was the only one who didn't inherit the rainbow coloring.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:04 am
The offer to help made Xo perk up her hears in delight. "Oh! Yes, that would be great," she said happily. "It's red with sometimes some black veins in it. It's very pretty," she added with a little grin. In her eyes, it was the most beautiful stone out of all the ones that were collected by the Jedi. It was bold and bright and would sit nicely against her white fur, letting all who saw her know that she was a protector of the pride.

At the mention of a hunt of his own, the lioness tilted her head to the side. Ajani? She'd never heard of a cheetah with that name before. Then again, this was her first time out of the pride, and the cheetah certainly wasn't in her homeland.

"Huh...never heard of him. Know what he looks like?" she asked. Xo didn't know what her father looked like, but if she had to guess, he was white and had rainbow markings. She and her brother were both white with rainbow stripes, but their mother had stripes, so they probably got those from her. Her sister was the same color as her bother, but also had rainbow markings, so it was a safe bet that they got the trait from their father.

R4gn0r0k IV

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:58 pm
“Red with black veins,” he repeated. He had never seen a stone like that. Though he didn't spend too much time looking either. He glanced at the rocks in the stream, rolling some over in the water. Nothing red there, he thought, though he knew that it probably wasn't going to be that simple.

Searching for the stone would be a blessing. He wouldn't have to travel alone anymore. Instead of wandering around without knowing where to go, he would have a set purpose. He gave his companion a grin as he thought of how much fun they would have on their journey.

Caelius shook his head no at her question. “I've never met him before. I don't know if he even knew my mother had cubs. The only thing I know is that he had rainbow markings. All my siblings inherited his rainbow markings.” It wasn't much to go on. Heck the lioness he was talking to had rainbow markings!

“I honestly have no idea if I'll ever find him. I just keep hoping.” He said quietly.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:26 pm
Xo stared into the river to try to spot anything that looked red or special, but there was nothing but regular old rocks down there. She sighed softly but knew she couldn't give up. There were plenty of others in her pride that had the stone, so it had to be somewhere!

"He does? Was he a lion or a cheetah?" she asked, looking up with interest. Her mother didn't talk about her father much, but she did have a name, and while it didn't match the name of the one Caelius had given her, it might be a lead if he were a lion. Perhaps they were brothers or something...who knew!

"Why do you want to find him?" she asked as they started to follow the stream. "I don't know my father but I'm not all curious about finding him. My mom said he's in a pride pretty far from here, anyway...and that it's not a safe place for lions to go. Something about an illness," she added with a little scowl. "That sounds like a pretty awful place to live to me!"

R4gn0r0k IV

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:24 pm
“He's a cheetah. He had met my mom while traveling and he just left her.” he pinned his ears back. He didn't really need a father growing up, as he had his lovely mother. However he couldn't understand how anyone could ever leave his mother like that.

“I guess I am just curious about him. He left my mother without giving her any information about himself other then his name. I just thought that at some point he would return to be part of my life growing up. But he never showed up. I figured that I could find him and bring him back to my mom.” As he was speaking he realized how silly he sounded. “I mean. I wouldn't force him back or anything. If he doesn't want to come back with me, at lease I'll get a chance to talk to him. And find out more about him.”

He nodded his head. “I agree. I've never heard of a pride like that, but it must be rough. I wouldn't want to live in a place like that.” He was careful as he took his steps, not wanting to trip as he listened to the lioness. He felt like they were similar in a lot of ways, which was refreshing.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:38 pm
"Ah, not my dad then," Xo said with a little laugh. Otherwise she'd be a hybrid just like him! That would be kind of neat...what if she could run really fast? Not as fast as a cheetah, but faster than she could now.

As he spoke further Xo walked along the river, her eyes darting this way and that. There was no stone, but her heart went out to the cheeton beside her and her attention wavered a bit. "I'm sorry, that doesn't sound fun." She wasn't very sympathetic, finding it hard to relate to other lions, but the tone of Caelius' voice and his body language spoke to her on a level that most others couldn't get to. She walked out of the water to bump against his shoulder, giving him a little smile.

"Well hey, maybe we can take a break from looking for a bit. You look like you could use some cheering up!"

R4gn0r0k IV

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:11 pm
Caelius nodded his head. It she had known his father, things would be all to easy, he thought. This journey was to test him, to prove he could find his father and bring him back to his mother. “In a way me finding my father is my coming of age adventure.” he said, thinking of Xolile's quest.

An idea popped into his head as he walked the rivers edge. “Why don't we stick together for a little bit? We could continue our search together. Two heads are better then one after all.” He said, looking at her with a grin. Traveling alone wasn't his idea of a good time. It was far too quiet. He imagined that having someone to travel with would make the trip go by quicker.

“We could travel together until one of us find what we are looking for. What do you say?” He couldn't hide the excitement in his voice. The thought of someone traveling with him made him grin with glee. Though he knew that she had every right to say no. After all they just met. They were strangers in the rogue lands. It was always hard who you could and couldn't trust.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:58 pm
The offer to travel together made Xo grin widely. All right, a travel buddy! This was supposed to be done on your own, but there were no rules about getting help from an outside source. It didn't hurt that Caelius was good company, too. They were both looking for something that meant a lot to them, so she was sure they'd do well together.

"Yeah! That sounds great," she said as she walked alongside the cheeton, ready to head out on their grand adventure together. Etiher a father or a stone would be found before they parted ways and she would be glad to find either of them. They set off from the woods, heading in the direction of some not too distant mountains.

FIN  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas