Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [OOC] Events [OOC]
Gypsy Cub Contest! ~Closed!~ Congrats Lady Kitania!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Conrad The Mighty

Anxious Smoker

2,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:07 pm
Gypsies will be gypsies..

User Image

Open: Now
Close: July 23rd, 12pm PST.

No more forms after that time. Results will be posted by at least the next day.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:44 pm
About the Family

User Image
Rani: The dutiful mother, Rani is a through and through gypsy. She does not believe in monogamy, physically hurting another living creature (that's not food), and love at first sight. But that's not to say she's not a romantic, she loves love so much she has loads for everyone. This black lioness is strong (physically and mentally), ambitious, and would do anything to make the pride she loves so much stronger and successful. That was where her first litter came into the picture, to build up the pride. Working hard on being the best thief she could be, she didn't realize how much of a gift motherhood was until her cubs were past the point of needing her.

First Litter:
User Image Swift left the pride recently to go live with the Amazons. She will not come and visit until they are grown a little more, probably to introduce her mother to her mate. *fingers crossed*

User Image Raven is kind, and is driven by the love in his heart. He and Rani have a close bond and would probably visit the most often.

User Image Wild-hearted and ambitious, Opal is about as flighty as she is fiercely independent. A thief like their mother and living her own adventurous life, Opal would be by occasionally to visit her mother and new siblings, but would be hard to encounter otherwise. That is, unless the little ones would like to go on thieving adventures with their big sis, in which case she would be more than obliged to show them the wild side of life.

User Image

User Image

User Image

I know I'm missing a girl.. Black with blue rib markings..

This litter:
User Image Finch - Conrad the Mighty
In one word, he is annoying. Imitations and 'captain obvious' type jokes are his bag. His allegiance is to his mother is strong, and he has too many sisters not to have some shred of respect for them. However, at the moment, they are disgusting and yet, the easiest of targets.. Especially Nightingale!!

User Image Black Hawk - Conrad the Mighty
Analytical, sharp witted, and methodical. She has an abundance of bravery but she falls a little short of stock when it comes to patience. She's mostly quiet, eerily calculating every move. Her favorite target is Finch.

User Image Quetzal - Tani Duh!

User Image Nightingale - Painted Moose
She takes being 'Mommy's little helper' very seriously. She likes to run over her siblings, making sure they follow the right way to do things and can be really bossy, even down right rude, when they try to steer from the path. Family and tradition mean a lot to her, so to all of her siblings that stray from the role of thief they're going to find a stern talking to from sis. That being said she can be opinionated and rude, even a little violent at times, but that's just because she's scared to be on her own.

User Image Sparrow - Sabra Knight

User Image Cub 6 - Seaki

User Image Lapwing - Gene Wilder  

Conrad The Mighty

Anxious Smoker

2,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Partygoer 500

Conrad The Mighty

Anxious Smoker

2,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:40 am
When (or if) I Grow Up...

User Image

Moose and I want to make sure this cub is loved and RPed! We've found the best way to do that is to hold a contest such as this. Newbies are much welcomed, even encouraged! (As are plots.. ninja ..) Just fill out the form correctly with as much or as little detail as you desire, just delete the words I have written in and put in your own answer.

Make sure you read up on the Culture of the Kizingo'Zaa!

Important Note: Rani is the leader of the ThunderBirds! This is a secret society of thieves within the pride that go on large heists sometimes in the territory of other prides or the rogue lands. It takes a lot of dedication and training to plan and successfully execute a heist. Rani won't introduce the cubs to the T-Birds until she feels they are ready or willing to do so.

Form: Everything italicized is a suggestion

Username:
Cub Birth Name: Name - Meaning
Future Gypsy Name: Name - Relevance (if it is a bird, link a picture)
Desired Rank: When grown, of course.
Personality: 'Develop through RP' is an acceptable answer, but we'd prefer it was at the end of an explanation for the cub's base personality.
ThunderBirds: At some level, Rani expects most of her cubs to join the T-birds. Will you out of duty, love, or take a completely different lifestyle? How did you find out about it?
Muse / Flavor of insanity: Totally optional, since the goddess of insanity has graced the pride with her presence once again, I believe it is acceptable for new comers or cubs to have a muse once again. If not, how does the goddess effect the cub? If not, just delete all of this and put "N/A"
Newbie? Do you have 2 or less gypsies on these lines? Yes/No (either answer does not disqualify nor spruce- up your entry)
Plot Ideas:

Code Below:

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Cub Birth Name:[/b] [i]Name - Meaning[/i]
[b]Future Gypsy Name:[/b] [i]Name - Relevance (if it is a bird, link a picture)[/i]
[b]Desired Rank:[/b] [i]When grown, of course.[/i]
[b]Personality:[b][i] 'Develop through RP' is an acceptable answer, but we'd prefer it was at the end of an explanation for the cub's base personality. [/i]
[b]ThunderBirds:[/b] [i]At some level, Rani expects most of her cubs to join the T-birds. Will you out of duty, love, or take a completely different lifestyle? How did you find out about it?[/i]
[b]Muse / Flavor of insanity:[/b] [i]Totally optional, since the goddess of insanity has graced the pride with her presence once again, I believe it is acceptable for new comers or cubs to have a muse once again. If not, how does the goddess effect the cub? If not, just delete all of this and put "N/A"[/i]
[b]Newbie?[/b] [i]Do you have 2 or less gypsies on these lines? Yes/No (either answer does not disqualify nor spruce- up your entry)[/i]
[b]Plot Ideas:[/b]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:16 am
Entries

1. Lady Kitania Pg. 1

Conrad The Mighty

Anxious Smoker

2,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Partygoer 500

Conrad The Mighty

Anxious Smoker

2,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:54 am
OPEN!!!!

Notice: If you would like me to edit with a personality blurb, just PM me with the info and I am more than happy to add it in!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:59 am
Wow! I just realized out of the 14 cubs Rani has had, 11 are girls.  

Conrad The Mighty

Anxious Smoker

2,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Partygoer 500

Lady Kitania

Magical Spirit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:40 pm
Username: Lady Kitania
Cub Birth Name: Jalajakshi - "Lotus eyed"
Future Gypsy Name: Bluebird - Asian Fairy-Bluebird
Desired Rank: Thief, for now. May change later. :3
Personality: Bluebird looks up to her mother. While her pelt colors are calm and smooth, her attitude is a bit different. She's snarky and loves to play. She's kind of a joker at heart. She likes pranks and she loves games. She sees thief-hood as an ever changing game, constantly striving to test her own wits.
ThunderBirds: Bluebird has always kind of... Known. She never full knew, but being as close to her mother as she is, she kind of suspected. If/When given the invitation by her mother though, she very eagerly accepts.
Muse / Flavor of insanity: While I don't see her physically accepting insanity, I believe she would have a minor form of insanity on her own... Just because the games and tricks she enjoys, as well as thieving, would eventually get to her head.
Newbie? None! No Kizi at all. :3
Plot Ideas: Unsure as of right now! I believe after a bit of RP though and getting to know the family and setting a bit better, I'll be able to concoct some plots up!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:42 pm
heart Thank you!  

Conrad The Mighty

Anxious Smoker

2,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Partygoer 500

Rikalani

Business Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:36 pm
Username: Patji
Cub Birth Name: Ashanti - "Warlike"
Future Gypsy Name: Paradise - Blue Bird of Paradise
Desired Rank: Thief
Personality: In simplest terms, Ashanti is a dutiful and filial daughter. She does what is expected of her and wants to gain her mother's approval and confidence. With her siblings, she doesn't mind shoving them around, literally, if gets the job done, and always a good game of pounce and tumble. When she isn't practicing or training, she enjoys going out on a hunt where she can put her skills and strength to the test. Beyond that, she'll definitely grow more as she develops.
ThunderBirds: She will think that she is doing it out of her own desire, but it is her own desire to have her mother's approval that will drive Ashanti to join -- in short, duty.
Muse / Flavor of insanity: N/A
Newbie? Yes
Plot Ideas: At one point in her life Ashanti is going to have to make a choice to join the T-Birds or not. When that situation arises, she'll go through serious self-doubt and reflection as she tries to figure out if remaining a thief or becoming a patron is the path for her. It would also be interesting to see how Rani, and the rest of her family, will react when she starts hanging out with patrons and having no objections with bringing physical harm onto another creature, at least not when it comes to defending and fighting for the pride.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:03 am
Attention!

As it has been almost a month since I have seen Conrad on Gaia I can only assume work has dragged our judge away. As the owner of the father of this litter I'm going to close this contest so that I can post for certs and call this contest closed, since it is well past the ending date.

I will be judging the two entries today, and will post for a winner shortly. Thank you both for your patience.

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:06 am
Lady Kitania
Username: Lady Kitania
Cub Birth Name: Jalajakshi - "Lotus eyed"
Future Gypsy Name: Bluebird - Asian Fairy-Bluebird
Desired Rank: Thief, for now. May change later. :3
Personality: Bluebird looks up to her mother. While her pelt colors are calm and smooth, her attitude is a bit different. She's snarky and loves to play. She's kind of a joker at heart. She likes pranks and she loves games. She sees thief-hood as an ever changing game, constantly striving to test her own wits.
ThunderBirds: Bluebird has always kind of... Known. She never full knew, but being as close to her mother as she is, she kind of suspected. If/When given the invitation by her mother though, she very eagerly accepts.
Muse / Flavor of insanity: While I don't see her physically accepting insanity, I believe she would have a minor form of insanity on her own... Just because the games and tricks she enjoys, as well as thieving, would eventually get to her head.
Newbie? None! No Kizi at all. :3
Plot Ideas: Unsure as of right now! I believe after a bit of RP though and getting to know the family and setting a bit better, I'll be able to concoct some plots up!

Congrats! You've won! Look for her cert/growings to be in Polette's thread.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:39 am
Painted Moose

Thank you for taking over the contest and completing the judging. <3

I look forward to potential family RP in the future~!

Lady Kitania

Magical Spirit

Conrad The Mighty

Anxious Smoker

2,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:42 pm
I am so sorry for my sudden disappearance.

I completely agree with Moose's decision! All of the enteries were great, but Kit will fit in nicely I think.

I will be around a lot more from here on out and I will be open for RP!

Painted Moose

Lady Kitania

[OOC] Events [OOC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces