Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[PRP] Paper Shapes [Merry x Van]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:46 pm
Van's purple tongue tip was sticking out of his mouth, but it was clearly and slowly beginning to turn orange in frustration. "I don't care what you say, book, this is not for beginners," he rambled to himself, a wad of crumpled papers forming a small pyramid of failed attempts.

"I just want to make a foxfire, is that so much to ask for?" Van said, curling his tail around himself. He dropped his latest failure, and ran both hands through his unevenly chopped hair.

"What kind of gift will you be if you're just... a ball? An angry ball, an angry useless ball!"

At that moment, another grumpkin burst forth from the pyramid, and started to chase the wrecked balls all around the table, pawing them off so that the horde of grumpkins under the table snatched them up and tore them apart with little teeth.

Either he thought someone else was there, or he was talking to himself, because he said suddenly: "Well, how would you make this work?"

Honestly, with Van it was 50/50 either way.

Beejoux
Is this ok I don't know what I'm doing woooo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:59 pm
Merry had never giving the monster common room much attention before. Creeple milled about, visiting with each other out in the open, rather than in their rooms. It had all seemed strange to the chimera, but hey, to each their own!

Usually she didn't really spar the room or it'd occupants much mind as she passed, but today there seemed to be only one, and he was bent over something that sounded as though it was giving him a lot of issues. She stood there, watching quietly, as a colorful ball of paper was tossed aside and another grabbed.

Curiosity pulled her closer, and within a minute she was standing behind him, peering over his shoulder. "I think I would try folding it," she pipped up, leaning around him to point. "From there," she poked at a weak fold. "Instead of there," a more prominent fold. "And see what that gets me."

face your demons

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:26 am
Van was only loitering around here because he was hoping Lute might wander by. Lute, or that cool friend he'd made back before he went here, Simply. She said the Monster dorms were the very best! Van was pretty fond of his quarters in the Demon dormitories, though.

Regardless, he was an interloper. An interloper who was very glad of company in that moment. His orange tongue faded back into its natural, happy purple as he licked his teeth before greeting her.

"From here... to here?" Van asked, and his fold was so messy it was unbelievable. He definitely didn't have the steadiest of hands. No wonder he wasn't made for origami. "That looks... terrible, I'm terrible!" Van stuffed the origami in his mouth sullenly, as if he could eat it, and pushed it into his cheek.

"This gets soggy fast," he lamented, around the paper in his mouth, and tossed the wadded up paper into a trashcan. Or what he thought was a trashcan. Coulda been a vase or something equally recepticle-ish. He wiped his hands on his many layers. "I'm Van, nice to meet you," he said, grinning and holding out one hand. Not the spit one.

Beejoux

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:19 pm
"Yes, er..." Her hand retracted as he attempted the fold she'd pointed out, and a visible wince showed on lovely features before the entire paper project was gathered up and crammed into the boil's mouth.

Why?

Admittedly, Merry ate some interesting things, and often, but paper? Paper wasn't in the least pit filling, and not even a little flavorful.

As it was removed and tossed away she gave the hound boil a strange, questioning look before a hand was offered up to her along with an introduction. "Nice to meet you, Van. I'm Merry." She did enjoy meeting new friends, and that showed in the grin she flashed him before er gaze slid down to the table top and the paper still resting on it. "May I?"

A piece of paper was claimed, assuming he gave his permission, and she bent over it, tongue poking out the corner of her mouth, and set to work making many small little folds. "So what were you trying to make?" She'd assumed, but could have been entirely wrong.

face your demons

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:04 pm
Because he could, would be the answer. Because he could. And he was upset at it, and it was small enough to cram into his mouth, so he did. Like punishing the paper for being awful.

"I'd rather light it on fire," he said, around the wet mass of paper, before he tossed it out. "Hi Merry! I am happy to see you, so it's like we're the same!" he said, which was probably like a joke about her name but it was so obscure that it probably didn't make any sense, either.

Van had a sort of wooooo face on, like he was just happy and totally out of it. He stared at her, blinked, and smiled for a while. May she what? "Uhhhh... .. I'm not sure what, but yeah, I bet you could! ...do whatever it is... you wanted to do." Van tilted his head, one ear perking up, watching for what she'd do next.

"I was making a foxfire but it's ugly and I think I'll leave the being foxfires to the actual foxfires and tell paper to go back to being books. I like books."

Actually, that was true. For all Van was a super dope, he loved to read, and that was basically the only time he was quiet.

Beejoux

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:40 am
Oh goodness, this boil was certainly energetic. Quite possibly more so than even the chimera, who seemed to run on a never ended battery. She blinked at him, at the joke that went right over her head, but the smile lingered. She might not have understood his play on hr name, but he seemed happy to make her acquaintance, and that was cause for a smile!

There had been a pause in her folding as he'd introduced himself, but she turned back to it, continuing making small folds. After a certain point she moved the paper to the edge of the table and very carefully tore it into neat strips. Those were then manipulated into small, bubbly little stars.

When she finished the first one she held it up to him. "Here you go. Not a fixfire, but I hope it's still alright?" She wasn't terribly crafty, but she could make stars.

There was enough paper to make eight little stars. He could have them all, she could make more. "What books do you like to read?"

face your demons

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:44 pm
He was, and he could seemingly eclipse even the most talkative students-- it wasn't a good thing, honestly. Van had offended more students than he could count, especially ones he liked, and he never really understood why. He was just too much.

"SOOOO CUTE! I won't even eat it, it's that cute! Would you mind if I kept it?? I could pull a thread through it and hang it from my ceiling!!" Van gushed over it, very tenderly taking hold of the star and cradling it in his palms, wide-eyed.

"It's so much nicer than my paper mush! Is it really okay if I keep it maybe??" Van asked, with big puppy eyes at her.

"Ohhh, I like to read almost anything. But I really, really like historical works and um stuff about not halloween cause I wanna learn about other worlds and all, you know?? I wanna see EVERYTHING and maybe I'll find my family again on my way.." Van made a sniffling sound, and his mouth twerked, as if he was actually kind of heartbroken.

Not in a dramatic way, in a real way.

He shrugged his shoulders and smiled. "Sorry, allergies," he excused it. Except it seemed like Merry had found the magic word: as soon as she had mentioned books, he sat more still, and even looked like he had a focused look on his face. "Could you teach me how to fold a star?" he asked.

Beejoux

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:51 pm
The ghoul smiled warmly as Van reacted to the little paper star as if it were some precious treasure. "Of course you can keep it, I made it for you." If one star had made him this happy, she wondered what a few more might do?

"Its really okay that you keep it. I can even make more, if you want." It was just paper, really, but that obvious gratitude was incredibly endearing.

And then things got serious. She watched on as he explained happily about the sorts of books he enjoyed before somehow side tracking himself towards his own family--which she assumed was missing how--and his features suddenly melted into something close to sorrow.

She was reaching out to touch his arm when he decided to blame the sniffle on allergies, and she let it go, offering a gentle twist of lips. "Of course I'll teach you." There was no way she could say no after that little heartbreaking peek.

So she tore a few more strips of paper, offering him one.

face your demons

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:34 am
Definitely the magic word. Van was almost normal now, and his tail was just wagging contentedly and lazily as he grinned upon being told she'd definitely teach him. He treasured the little paper star, keeping it close to him as he accepted one of the paper strips. "Thanks!" he said, simply, trying not to tear the paper.

"It's kind of hard for someone like me to keep my hands steady and not ruin stuff this delicate," he admitted.

"Thanks for keeping me company, Merry. I know I'm a little hard to get along with sometimes," Van admitted additionally, without looking up, poking the little paper star with one finger and smiling to himself. When he looked back up, it was with a dopy smile that didn't betray any of what he'd just said. "So! How do I start?"

Beejoux

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:29 pm
The ghoul smiled indulgently, eyes on her paper strip. "It just takes a little patience, but it's not hard." She had confidence he'd be able to make a star as well, even if only after a little bit of practice.

It was the gratitude that had her lifting her head, and she blinked up at the boil, ears witching, before warmth spread over pale, scale kissed features in a smile. "I don't think you're hard to get along with at all." The ghoul was a wild one in her own right, she certainly didn't mind his enthusiasm.

A gentle pinch was delivered to one dark cheek, and she grinned at him before turning back to the paper. "Alright! You start like this..." Slowly, and watching to make sure he comprehended what she was doing, she began to make the folds.

face your demons

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out