Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[PRP] Run! Run For Your Life!! (Damu x Gennadios)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:55 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Thinking about it now, Damu might have been a little too brave that night. She had walked across the hills without a single worry, and being in her worriless state had not paid mind to the fact that she had entered foreign territory.

The land here moved up and down with each rolling hill in the otherwise barren landscape. Not a tree or bush populated the area, simply small clusters of grass and vast expansions of dirt. The ground itself was dry, as if rain had not refreshed it for many moons and the cracking earth had no hope in revival. Flat, dry, dusty land was certainly something that the warm colored leopardess had never set foot on before. She had dwelled in forests, caves, mountains, near lakes and beaches but she hadn't ventured so far out in the grasslands that it was almost like a desert in nature. Being unaware of the dangers here she had walked across with pride in her step, a cursed stoic expression painted on her face. She wasn't being very careful... And she most definitely wasn't paying attention to the sound of hoofs and paws in the distance progressively getting closer.

She was completely unaware that she was about to be swarmed into the middle of a stampede. And that said stampede was caused by another leopard.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:42 am
Oh s**t.

That was really all gennadios could think as he ran over the hills, desperately trying to get away from a herd of charging, angry zebra. This really hadn't gone to plan- he had really thought his con would go a good deal better than this. That it would be the lion who was running for his life, not him. How was he to know that the zebra would just charge blindly, and they both would end up getting chased, even though he had been much further away? That stupid lion- he had led them right back his way! And now the lion was gone, obviously having run off in another direction.

He was left to try and avoid the zebra all on his own.

His escape path led him right towards another leopardess, the black male letting out a yelp. "Hey!" He hissed, "run! RUN NOW!"

CaliWolfe

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:45 am
Cajanic

Damu paused in her step as the ground beneath her began to shake. "That's odd.." She had muttered aloud. 'The ground doesn't usually shake unless-"

"Hey!"

She looked up, her eyes widening as she watched for a few seconds at the sight she was witnessing. A lone leopard running from a stampeding herd of zebra... Damu did not hesitate to spin herself around and begin digging into the ground with her claws. Her legs pumped fast as she sprinted to get away. "What did you do?!" She called over the sound of hooves clattering against the ground.

Her eyes darted quickly in an effort to find a way out of this. All she needed was a rock, a cliff, you know something she could hide behind or climb like a-

"Tree!" She called, and motioned to the left. In the distance, all by itself, dead and dying more and more as the days weared on, stood a possible route to safety... But could either of them make it?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:32 am
"I didn't do anything!" Gennadios roared in response, "These creatures were spooked by a lion and I just happened to be in the wrong place!" Maybe she would believe that. After all, it wasn't TOO far from the truth. The only part he left out was being the one to send the lion in that direction in the first place.

But as far as she could be concerned, he was just someone else who had been caught up in the rush of the stampede, just like her.

When she pointed out the tree, he moved towards it. She was ahead of him, but only just. If they could get to the tree, perhaps they would be safe. Not that he wanted to share a tree with her. If he had been ahead, he would have kicked her off for sure.

However, in this situation, he couldn't pull that off without potentially killing himself. So he would just have to play the good guy, instead.

"Get up the tree!" He called, "quickly!"

CaliWolfe

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:00 am
Cajanic

Damu immediately set to climbing upon reaching the tree's base, even before having heard Gennadios call. There was no way was she going to wait and get crushed by a stampede. She was all for adventure and danger but stampedes? There was a small likelihood she'd survive that.

To her surprise she had reached a safe branch quicker than she had thought. The mountain climbing no doubt, was the reason for that. Or maybe the battle with that lion that tried to eat her had paid off. Either way she was a little shocked at the improvement.

No time to relish in her glory though, she called down to the other "Come on, hurry!"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:25 am
He watched her shoot up the tree in mild surprise- he hadn’t expected her to get up there THAT fast. He was a pretty good climber himself, but still, that was a little impressive, even to him. Wrong time to really stop and think about it, but still.

He, too, sprang onto the tree, shimmying up it to avoid getting crushed under all the angry hooves. He just managed to get high enough when some heads started to fly by beneath him, the male giving a small yelp while tucking his tail under his body. Yup, this was horrifying.

Clinging to the tree, animals swarming around them, he looked up at the female, his eyes wide with terror. "So... you come here often?" He attempted to joke, all the while hoping nothing slammed into the tree and sent them flying to their deaths.

Leopards didn't fly.
CaliWolfe

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:07 am
Cajanic

Damu was relieved that the male had managed to get up the tree fast enough to avoid being crushed and stomped upon. Yet on the other hand it was such a close call that she had to clutch the branch she sat upon in order to not fall down. Particularly as the hoofs and heads of charging animals with no order in mind flushed around the base of the tree below them. She would have squeezed her eyes shut for a moment had she not be so nervous and terrified that she needed to keep them open.

"Oh yes, all the time." She sarcastically remarked. it might have come off as a little unimpressed or dismissing but she was genuinely trying to joke back. Only her lack of a changing facial expressions sort of limited when she could use sarcasm without coming off as mean. Maybe a eye roll would help convey she was joking, and she quickly added one in before turning her attention back to the swarm of animals below her.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:33 pm
Gennadios let out an awkward chuckle, since it didn't seem like his joke had gone off terribly well. Then again, why should it? He had gotten her stuck up a tree while a bunch of wild beasts charged beneath them, ready to trample them to death without even blinking. It wasn't really the kind of thing to take lightly, now was it?

Though, she didn't KNOW it had all been his fault, and she wasn't going to, either. Not if he had anything to say about it.

Instead, he focused on the animals below, watching them as they sometimes came a bit too close to the tree for comfort. Somehow, he felt like he had heard about this happening somewhere before...

"This might not be the right time, but I'm Gennadios!" He called over the thundering hooves below them, "it really is nice to meet you! and I think the herd is thinning, too! So perhaps we'll be able to chat in a minute or two!"

The tree just needed to hold on long enough.

CaliWolfe

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:24 pm
Damu most certainly hoped the tree would stand! To her content it appeared that the other leopard was correct when he had guessed the herd was thining. She could see in the distant the last of the beast as they swarmed around without direction. Good grief! Whatever was chasing them must have long ago given up on such an exploit as there was nothing else she could see behind them.

Despite her fear Damu's adventurous side couldn't help but to find enjoyment in the situation. Yes, this was fun in a way to the leopardess. She gave the faintest of smiles that reflected her enjoyment of the pediment. "Damu!" She called in a friendly tone. "I'm Damu Chui! It's nice to meet you as well!" It probably would have been even nicer under other circumstances, but ah, did that really matter now?

"So..." She lowered her voice only slightly as the last few beasts came parading around. "Where'd you come from?"

Cajanic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:41 pm
"Oh, you know, here and there," replied Gennadios, no longer needing to yell now that fewer beasts were charging below them, "I don't really come from any one place in specific. What about you?"

finally, the last of the beast charged by, and Gennadios was able to awkwardly let himself go from the tree, landing onto the ground with a thud. "Ah! I thought I might not get to see you again, lovely dirt!" He hummed teasingly, flopping against the floor and rubbing against it. He rolled onto his back, looking up at Damu.

"That was crazy!" He laughed lightly.

CaliWolfe

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:01 am
"Same thing." Damu said in response to where she had come from. "I've been to so many places I honestly can't remember where I come from!" Damu hadn't voiced such a thing before, and until now she hadn't realized that saying such a thing might come off as pitiful. To her it wasn't pitiful it was funny, a silly fact of her life. The leopardess' stoic face twitched lightly at the corners, and prompted her to say "It's a joke." So as to not sour the mood.

Looking down at Gennadios she couldn't help but to give a faint smile. He looked like he never wanted to stand up again and just roll on the ground forever. She laughed briefly before she herself took to crawling back down to the earth. "Almost as crazy as hunting elephants." She told him. "Now those, they take almost a whole pride to bring down!" It had been a long time since then, but Damu did indeed assist in bringing a mad elephant.

Cajanic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:55 pm
Gennadios stopped his rolling and let his legs flop against the grounds, his head turning up to look at the female. He arched an eyebrow, feeling a little shocked at what he was hearing. He didn't know what to comment on first- the fact that she had a pride, or the fact that she might have taken down something like an elephant!

"You've taken down an elephant?" He gasped, "I can't believe that! It must have been a hell of a battle, even with a large pride! I never had pride contact before, so I really don't know anything about it. It must be a heck of a lot different from living out here in the rogue lands!"

He chuckled lightly, his tail beating against the dirt.

"Would you be willing to tell me about it? Perhaps we could find somewhere to relax- I think that must have been exhausting for the both of us and we could both use a nice rest!"

CaliWolfe

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:34 am
Damu starred at Gennadios as he expressed his shock. then, she laughed. "Why yes, it was quite the adventure!" She neared where he was lying on the ground all relaxed like and calm, then lifted her chin and examined the distance. "Over there seems like a good place to rest." She told him. "I tell you now though, taking down an elephant is only the first of my adventures!"

She took pride in all the sights she had seen and things she had done. Damu would be modest in saying that battling a killer lion and climbing a sheer cliff face was really nothing big.

She waited until the other moved and they walked together, her slightly ahead while scouting a good spot to relax before speaking. "And for the record, I don't belong to a pride so I don't really know much about them either." As if to avoid confusion she added, "I just helped them is all. Take down the elephant I mean."

She wondered how the male would react to the new information she was giving him.

Cajanic
Last post from me. c:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:16 pm
Gennadios was stunned- he had ended up meeting someone who was not only awesome, but could totally kick his a** if she wanted to. She seemed to be very strong and talented, to boot! Of course he was intrigued when she said she had more stories, and followed to make sure he would get the chance to hear them.

"Oh, I see! then we're more alike than I thought. I'm thankful for that! I hope you tell me all your stories. I'd really like to hear them." It was rare for him to want to spend time with others, but he didn't mind in this case- it was definitely worth it.

He wasn't even thinking about how he could profit from this. Well, he was, but not in the usual sense of always gaining some kind of victory. Now it was more... childish, he supposed. He was thinking less with his brain and more with parts down below.

Males.

CaliWolfe
End!

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items