Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[ ENROLLMENT ] Adelaide the Nightmare ~ accepted

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:45 pm
AMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM

Name: Adelaide
Nicknames: Ada, Addie

Faction: Demon
Race: Nightmare

Natural Ability: Shapeshift - She can turn into a humanoid form. Her natural form is a fiery steed of her race: the fire-maned mares that bear nightmares.

Personality:
    [+] Confident. It's not the typical arrogance one might find in demons that Addie exudes - it's a comfort in her skin, a casual lackadaisy, a sort of latent tenacity in her that speaks of having faith in herself. She may not know everything, but she can admit that, and she can adapt. If she finds herself in a new and complicated situation, she'll do her best to improvise. She's always one to try, and if she succeeds, great! If not, she'll learn how to next time, and no matter what, she'll be that much more confident at the end of the day with that experience under her belt.

[+] Everything's Groovy. She's the type to take things one day at a time. Ada doesn't plan for much in the future beyond her next meal, enjoying the spontenaity of life and general excitement of all that comes to pass. She doesn't take a whole lot personal when it comes to conflict or disagreement, taking the opportunity to learn something new or at least to see another walk of life and opinion. Ada finds humor in things she probably shouldn't, entertained by daily happenings and generally taking random encounters in stride.

[=] Reserved. Ada loves to make friends and to talk all the live long day, but she isn't a big fan of talking about herself. It's not that she has anything to hide or is ashamed, she just tends to keep most people at arm's length when it comes to getting too close. Mostly, she views school as a time to have fun and unwind before the duties of life settle in, and the chance of actually seeing these boils and ghouls after graduation seems slim to her. Addie is all about a good time and having fun, but at the end of the day, she wants to go her separate way and keep her personal life separate from her social life. (This trait will be worked on and evolve via RP.)

[=] Individualistic. When it comes to dealing with life and its many ups and downs, Addie has a very non-confrontational approach. She is not very protective, even of those she'd call friends, and tends to stay out of squabbles and not pick sides. Her concept of 'good' and 'evil' is a little lacking, as both ideas tend to restrict her free way of thinking and acting. She prefers to go with the flow and bases her decisions more on doing what's necessary more than doing what is right. That isn't to say she would betray others to serve her own purpose, but if she had to pick between herself and ten strangers, she'd certainly pick herself. Addie struggles a bit with authority, which will certainly spell trouble in school, but it's something she's going to have to learn to deal with - for classes, and for her future. (This trait wil lbe worked on and evolve via RP.)

[-] Mealymouthed. Honesty is the best policy, or so she was told, but no one told her how to be gentle or considerate about it. She's a Nightmare, not a nanny! Ada's dose of honesty is straight-forward, no beating around the bush, very cut and dry. She is blunt and has no manner of sugar-coating. Even if she tries, she ends up making it worse, and as such, she favors just saying it like it is and worrying about sparing feelings later. While she doesn't always expect the same treatment in return, she certainly appreciates it, so long as it's as blunt as she is and isn't said in a negative way. It can be hard to hear being told yes, those jeans do make your butt appear larger than normal, or yes, the food really does taste burned, but she doesn't see how saying it any other way could be constructive or helpful at all.

[-] Hedonistic. In the same vein of being easy going, Addie is a creature of pleasure. Not in the carnal sense, mind you, but pleasure of the senses. She is taken with that which she considers beautiful, be it a being she encounters or a particularly cloudy night or a ghoulish meal. Ada can be influenced by certain scents and generally has incense in her room at any given day. Music can move her and fluffy pillows can delight her just as much as a good, firm bed can. She seeks these pleasures in every day life, and tends to favor such endeavors above most else, which can be detrimental to doing less pleasing things like...say...homework. Addie would much rather smell the roses than do chores, and as such, she comes off a bit flighty and with a short attention span if something doesn't appeal to her.

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy? Her family would see her cultured and educated, groomed into a proud demon to fit the family line. She would see her understanding expanded and experience life outside of her pending duties.

FEAR Ability: [Battle Cry] Mind the Hooves: Everyone knows that being kicked by a horse hurts and Addie is no exception: if she has the space, she'll kick out a hoof - or both - with intent to do grievous harm.

Physical Description:
PLEASE NOTE I've discussed this with astra -- what I put is basically just kind of a loose idea I've had. This character is entirely up to astra to interpret, change or add to as she sees fit!

Eye Colour: CC, but preferrably bright.
Hair Colour/Style: Style: half-buzzed, either short-ish to start (with intent to grow longer) or long (which might get cut later who the hell knows not me), flopped to her right side. Color is flame-like, in the cooler palette of a new fire with the darkest at the tips (hair) and base (tail, fetlocks) and brightest to the opposite side, hopefully second year will be more roaring fire (red-blonde) and third year will be blue-white of hottest flame.
Skin Colour: Dark, on the side of black if possible, has yellow/white that glows a bit on her hands, trickling up her forearm like shards (like the hind legs of this guy). Hooves are same color, but the trickle is hidden by her fetlocks.
Clothing Style/Colours: CC. Typically dark with accents or splashes of bright color, fitted and a touch stylish. Accessories and/or piercings are CC.
Extra: Horse ears, tail and legs with fetlocks, sharp teeth, claws.
References: Flat colors, just the sketch

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:27 pm
Only b/c we have a Mare in shop and you have the DnD creature as the 'source'

What aspects if any are you taking/using from the Mare? Again, it's mostly since if you're 'hybridizing' two pretty vastly different things then it could be problematic. The DnD monster doesn't quite equal the mare in terms of powers or lore the only common trait really being the name+slight horse theme. It's perfectly fine to use the DnD monster alone to create the species! My main things is just the drawing from two.. pretty nearly unrelated lores.

Chrystali

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:31 pm
To be perfectly honest, I copy/pasted that part from an entry I made over a year ago for a custom and I don't honestly remember what I was going to take from there, looking at it again now. That was an enormous oversight on my part and I've removed the Mare portion. @_@ Sorry Vamps!

iStoleYurVamps

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:41 pm
Chrystali
To be perfectly honest, I copy/pasted that part from an entry I made over a year ago for a custom and I don't honestly remember what I was going to take from there, looking at it again now. That was an enormous oversight on my part and I've removed the Mare portion. @_@ Sorry Vamps!

iStoleYurVamps

sdfghjk

It's fine! I just couldn't find any ties to the Mare lore so I was confused.  

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:43 pm
*GUILTY* I usually am more attentive, I just feel like a derp for missing it.

iStoleYurVamps
sdfghjk

It's fine! I just couldn't find any ties to the Mare lore so I was confused.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:58 am
BASIC CHARACTER KIT WHAT DO I DO NEXT

Welcome to This is Halloween!

Congratulations! Your character has passed the enrollment process and you're cleared to begin playing. Essentially, this means you can get your art certed, make your character's journal, and most importantly start RPing. If you're a little lost then don't worry, this guide is here to point you in the right direction.

gaia_crown [ Art Check! ]:

- Do you have your character's art? Great! Move onto the next crown.

- If you do NOT yet have your art, you may now contact your artist and let them know that they may now start on creating your character!

gaia_crown [ Certs & Emblems ]:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

- If your character is a STUDENT, you may create a customized student pin for them. This is entirely optional (but fun!) special badge that is unique to your character's design! You can find more information about pins (also known as their emblem) here.

- Hallowen characters (Students & Horsemen) may bet their character certed here!

- Hunters may get their certs here!

gaia_crown [ Creating a Journal ]:

- A journal is a thread where you can keep track of your character's accomplishments, RPs, progress, relationships, etc!

- All HALLOWEEN characters (Students & Horsemen) may create one here!

- All Hunters may create one here!

gaia_crown [ Let's RP! ]:

- Don't be shy about RPing! As soon as your character has been enroll approved you can start! Check out this awesome information about The World of Halloween and Amityville Academy. All students start off in Amityville academy. Need more things to do? Check out this whole subforum! Anything labelled Activity is open for you! Occasionally GMs will promote and open CLASSROOM orps. These usually happen in the classroom subforum. All students are invited to participate!

- If you are a Hunter, you will want to read the Hunter Newbie Guide Occasionally GMs will promote and open MISSION orps. These usually happen in the main Deus subforum and be followed by a guild announcement. All Hunters are invited to participate!

- If you are a Horsemen, please refer to here and the handy links in the first post as well as the other posts for concurrent and quest information! Need more things to do? Check out this whole subforum! Anything labelled Activity is open for you! Occasionally GMs will promote and open CLASSROOM orps. These usually happen in the classroom subforum. All Horsemen are invited to participate!

gaia_crown [ What's happening currently? ]:
- We try to keep all important things happening regularily updated in the ANNOUNCEMENTS THREAD. This goes for ALL FACTIONS. Have a question? Ask it in the Q & A !

gaia_crown [ Still feeling a little lost or overwhelmed? That's okay! ]:
- Check out what was just mentioned in FULL DETAIL HERE! Don't be too overwhelmed, there's time to sort everything out. For now, just enjoy some simple RP!

gaia_crown [ Finding RP ]:
- There's a bunch of ways to find RP. You can just contact a friend or any shop regular OR one of our available GMS for help! Otherwise, there are a lot of people looking to plot with YOU in their plotting threads! You can even make your own and advertise in your sig/ in the main thread/ etc etc!

- In addition any thread marked ORP is open for you to join!

- If you ever feel lost as a newbie, our many GMs are more than happy to one on one RP with you to help your character get acquainted. Send a PM to WE ARE HALLOWEEN and we can get you started this way as well. Otherwise, enjoy immersing yourself in the many RPS in TiH! It is all about discovery after all!

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas