[PRP] New Strangers (Sahar x Lore)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:54 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It had been a while now, since she'd seen her legs without a thick layer of mud smeared across them.

Storms had been common as of the late and the smaller sized Jackal had barely been able to escape the following floods and mud pools with her life. She knew she was short, but she didn't know she was that short! It was like trying to walk through quick sand to get through those muddy puddles! And don't get her started on the floods and the troubles she had gone through to avoid being carried away by current.

Today she was lucky and the sun was high in the sky. Not a single storm cloud from what she could see. This made her smile while sitting on the nice dry ground, taking a break from the work out of evading catastrophe. "At last!" She sighed, "I can take a break!"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:39 pm
CaliWolfe

User Image

Lore soared through the skies. A bright yellow little 'sun'. She had a rare day away from her lion. Seriously, she had to watch him so much. L'envoi tended to get wrapped up in his bug catching or whatever non-sense he was currently doing. But this was her day. He'd told her to take the day off and go do something. It had taken much convincing of the skeptical bird. So now she was winging her way along the air currents with not much thought toward where she was going.

A voice echoed up to her. Lore dipped her wing to look around. Someone was taking a break? That sounded like her. She didn't immediately see the dark jackal down below. When she did though, the bird circled around and dropped lower. This jackal didn't seem to be doing anything. "What are you taking a break from?" She asked curiously, still safely over head.

magnadearel

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:51 pm
Sahar also didn't immediately notice the bright colored bird as she swooped across the skies. Hearing her voice the jackal automatically looked up and relief washed her face at knowing this was not a lion, leopard, or hyena that had the option of turning her into a snack.

"The rain." She said in response to the bird's question. "Also the mud. It's very hard to walk through." She added onto her statement.

"What brings you here?" She asked as her curiosity was piqued. "Are you also taking a break?" She had met a bird a few days ago who couldn't fly in the rain. Granted it was almost flooding weather, but she was amused as he waddled alongside her as they both were getting soaked by the downpour.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:59 pm
CaliWolfe
Remind me about this one. It's under my familiar's rps and I may miss it. >.<

She coasted along easily. Using minimal wing beats to keep her aloft. Lore turned her head to look at the jackal with one eye then the other. She thought about her experiences with rain. L'envoi didn't have any problem walking through the mud and if the weather got really bad she simply rode on his back. Taking note of the canine's small size, she figured it might be harder.

"You should get someone to help you. I have someone who lets me ride on his back when it gets really bad." Lore commented helpfully. She burbled a laugh at the comment of taking a break. "Why yes! As a matter of fact I am. I've been helping him a lot lately, so he gave me the day off." She laughed some more.

magnadearel

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:45 am
magnadearel

"I would but I... don't have the best luck with big creatures." Sahar laughed nervously along with Lore. Her luck with big creatures had involved nearly being eaten, crushed or killed at the paws of big felines. Yet she had to remind herself it was because of one of those big felines that she was able to avoid such disasters. Her big lions friends who had gone and moved elsewhere, she wondered briefly how they were doing and if they had managed to survive the flood that separated them.

That was a rather depressing topic for Sahar. She decided to steer clear of that subject and move onto another. "Do you not have a lot of days off?" Sahar asked. The savannah ensured Sahar didn't get any. Between storms and hungry leopards her "days off" were limited.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:53 am
CaliWolfe

Lore considered the dilemma. Even though she had a protector in the formidable form of a lion, she knew the dangers of larger animals. "That's too bad. If you could find someone to protect you then I'm sure it would be much easier. Don't have anyone you can travel with?" She asked, noting the jackal was alone. Maybe she could get another jackal to accompany her.

The bird gave another laugh as the air carried her higher for a moment. She swooped back down to glide near the jackal again. "Heavens no! I swear he takes near constant watching. Plus I enjoy being around him." L'envoi was more than capable of caring for himself most times, though she liked to tease the lion that she cared for him. He was fun and easy to be around.

magnadearel

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:42 am
magnadearel

"I used to have others that travelled with me." She explained. Not wanting to get into too much detail that would cause her upset Sahar hurried that bit of conversation along. "But they disappeared a while ago. I don't know where they are anymore." She always got a little depressed when she thought about how she had managed to lose two lions and another jackal. Well, floods tended to do that didn't they?

"Well if you enjoy being around him that's what counts right?" She smiled pleasantly. A creature that needed constant watching, sounded like a cub! Cubs were always fun for Sahar to be around, especially since most of time they respected her choices as a grown up. For a big grown creature to act like that? They seemed like they'd be fun to be around. Though all the lions Sahar had met acted like grown ups so she wasn't sure if such a thing as a childish grown big creature existed!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:05 pm
CaliWolfe
I am SO sorry I keep forgetting this! Please feel free to poke me.

Lore noted that Sahar hurried over talking about others she traveled with without giving much detail. There was something wrong there she thought. "Ah I'm sorry. If it'd help I could try to find them for you. I can check an area much fast than you could." It was the best she could offer, although even she had to admit the chances of finding anything were slim.

"Indeed it does! I wouldn't stick around if he wasn't fun. Why don't you come back with me? You can rest at our place for a day or two." Lore tilted her head so an eye could watch the jackal. If nothing else, L'envoi could see she got a few decent meals inside her.

magnadearel

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:46 am
magnadearel

"Oh!" Sahar was... How to put it. Surprised by the delightful offer of Lore to help search for her friends. Yet the jackal brushed it away, feeling that not being able to find them would be too much of a bother. "Thank you for the offer but.. I think they wouldn't be anywhere near here, so searching for them might not work out well." This was... Moving on, wasn't it? It was a good thing though, she needed to live more in the present and less in the past.

On the topic of returning with Lore to her lion L'envoi, Sahar hesitated briefly. Lions were most indefinitely scary, but then again she had made friends with them. She had to remind herself of that. Besides, Lore seemed to like him and Lore was much smaller than Sahar. "Alright." She felt herself say. "That is uh... If you don't mind. I'd like to come with you." The small canine smiled at the bird.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:59 pm
CaliWolfe
*blows bubbles* Fin unless you'd like a final post. We can do that rp with all 3 now. XD

The female bird gave a bit of a shrug. "Wouldn't know until we tried, and it never hurts to try. If you ever change your mind, let me know." Granted the chances were slim, but it might help put Sahar's mind to rest on the matter. Closure was always good.

Lore beamed as the jackal made the choice to meet L'envoi. "I insist rather. He's such a big goof. You can relax with us a couple of days, or if you feel up to it help out a bit." The avian eyed the jackal as she was thinking. "You could probably fit down into those dens that are too big for him, and that I won't go down. I'm sure you could find him some really interesting things he would love." With a loop, Lore changed directions to head back to her home flying slowly so Sahar could keep pace easily.

magnadearel

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff