Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Cosplay Help
Jedi cosplay help.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Daveak Shadowsword

Shadowy Mage

12,200 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:41 pm
I am planning on doing a Jedi cosplay for my next con, but I can't find a place that sells a good pair of men's brown Jedi boots. If any of you can provide me with some links to reliable companies that sell them, I would much appreciate it.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:10 pm
Daveak Shadowsword
I am planning on doing a Jedi cosplay for my next con, but I can't find a place that sells a good pair of men's brown Jedi boots. If any of you can provide me with some links to reliable companies that sell them, I would much appreciate it.

Greetings Daveak, I take it that your search for Jedi Boots is not working out well. Did this link that you posted before help at all: http://www.hellocosplay.com/s-w-cosplay-brown-cloak-robe-uniform-full-set-costume-p-4466.html

I'm asking my brother through an Email where he got his boots. They may have been through people on Ebay. I will let you know what he tells me. Other than that good luck on your quest to find something.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:58 pm
Daveak Shadowsword

Greetings Daveak,

The following instructions will take you to the Ebay listing of the Jedi Boots that my brother bought.

1. Go to: http://stores.ebay.com/

2. In the Find A Store section of the page click on "By Store Name" and then enter 7thAvenueStore in the search box.

3. Click on 7thAvenueStore in the search results.

4. Once you're on the 7thAvenueStore page search for "Obi-Wan Kenobi Boots".

5. Click on Obi-Wan Kenobi Boots Adult Mens Costume Shoes Star Wars Jedi Fancy Dress in the search results. This will take you to the page that has the ad for the boots that my brother bought.

Going to this Ebay listing myself I noticed that these boots are high quality and very expensive.

If you don't like these boots try going to ebay.com and search for Jedi Boots in general. A lot of results will come up.

Good Luck in finding something that you want.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:19 pm
smithers456
Daveak Shadowsword

Greetings Daveak,

The following instructions will take you to the Ebay listing of the Jedi Boots that my brother bought.

2. In the Find A Store section of the page click on "By Store Name" and then enter 7thAvenueStore in the search box.

5. Click on Obi-Wan Kenobi Boots Adult Mens Costume Shoes Star Wars Jedi Fancy Dress in the search results. This will take you to the page that has the ad for the boots that my brother bought.

Going to this Ebay listing myself I noticed that these boots are high quality and very expensive.

If you don't like these boots try going to ebay.com and search for Jedi Boots in general. A lot of results will come up.

Sadly, those are not in my size, I take a size 13 and the largest they had was a 12.  

Daveak Shadowsword

Shadowy Mage

12,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:04 pm
Daveak Shadowsword
smithers456
Daveak Shadowsword

Greetings Daveak,

Sadly, those are not in my size, I take a size 13 and the largest they had was a 12.

Wow, that's a large foot size. No wonder you're having trouble finding boots. The boots that I got for my Syoaran cosplay outfit were from a army / navy surplus store. If you have any in your area you could try their.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:30 pm
smithers456
Daveak Shadowsword
smithers456
Daveak Shadowsword

Greetings Daveak,

Wow, that's a large foot size. No wonder you're having trouble finding boots. The boots that I got for my Syoaran cosplay outfit were from a army / navy surplus store. If you have any in your area you could try their.
Yes, I have very large feet. Need them because I'm so tall (6 foot 3 inches tall). I have a hard time finding clothes and costumes because of it. I found these boots here and they carry them in my size, but I was wondering if anyone here has dealt with them before and if they are any good: http://www.buystarwarscostumes.com/accessories_boots_jedi.html  

Daveak Shadowsword

Shadowy Mage

12,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100

Daveak Shadowsword

Shadowy Mage

12,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:01 pm
I didn't receive any answers to my last question so I'll ask it again, what are your opinions on these ones here and have you ever dealt with that company before? The link is: http://www.buystarwarscostumes.com/accessories_boots_jedi.html  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:42 pm
Daveak Shadowsword
I didn't receive any answers to my last question so I'll ask it again, what are your opinions on these ones here and have you ever dealt with that company before? The link is: http://www.buystarwarscostumes.com/accessories_boots_jedi.html

Sorry, I haven't dealt with this company before. I hope that someone here has. Looking at the website in general that your link is from the website in general seems to be Ok. They have a Better Business Bureau (BBB) rating and their are a lot of ways to pay. Also their is a long list of Star Wars items that can be bought. The precise measurements should help you out as well.

My advice is to contact this websites customer service department and find out what their return policy is. If it's a good policy try buying the boots and if you don't like them send them back. I personally will not use Internet websites other than Ebay. Usually I want to look an item over in person before I buy it. Ebay I trust because I have used it before and have good results.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

xinitia

Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:47 am
Daveak Shadowsword

I'm also not familiar with that company, but you can do a general google search and look for customer comments. For boots, check out army surplus stores, zappos, and definitely hit up thrift stores.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:57 pm
I've decided that I am going to use Riding Boots. They seem to look just like Jedi Boots. Anybody know where I can get some for a cheap price?  

Daveak Shadowsword

Shadowy Mage

12,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100

xinitia

Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:49 pm
Daveak Shadowsword
I've decided that I am going to use Riding Boots. They seem to look just like Jedi Boots. Anybody know where I can get some for a cheap price?

Riding boots as in horse back riding boots or motorcycle riding boots? I'm not quite sure where you can get some cheap.

One of my recommendations for boots is to check out thrift stores and sales at places like Famous Footwear and Payless. Even if the boot isn't exactly "Jedi"-esque, you can modify it as needed with leather or pleather straps from Michael's or a fabric store.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:44 pm
xinitia
Daveak Shadowsword

Riding boots as in horse back riding boots or motorcycle riding boots? I'm not quite sure where you can get some cheap.

One of my recommendations for boots is to check out thrift stores and sales at places like Famous Footwear and Payless. Even if the boot isn't exactly "Jedi"-esque, you can modify it as needed with leather or pleather straps from Michael's or a fabric store.
I was thinking on these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/MENS-BROWN-RIDING-JEDI-RENAISSANCE-COLONIAL-PIRATE-SUPERHERO-CAPTAIN-BOOTS-SHOES-/400579093391?pt=US_Costume_Accessories&var=&hash=item5d445fe38f opinions?  

Daveak Shadowsword

Shadowy Mage

12,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100

xinitia

Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:45 pm
Daveak Shadowsword
xinitia
Daveak Shadowsword

I was thinking on these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/MENS-BROWN-RIDING-JEDI-RENAISSANCE-COLONIAL-PIRATE-SUPERHERO-CAPTAIN-BOOTS-SHOES-/400579093391?pt=US_Costume_Accessories&var=&hash=item5d445fe38f opinions?

Those look pretty good. I'd just double check the customer ratings and reviews for the selling before purchasing, but they LOOK awesome!  
Cosplay Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games