[PRP] Negligence and Secrets

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:21 am
Kilunzi sighed for fourth time in as many minutes and gazed absently over at her avian companions. The two ravens were perched nearby in companionable silence and gazed back at her with concerned expressions.

Kilu felt an odd mixture of weariness and restlessness and was not sure why. She normally felt very at home in the God Havens. It was the mortal lands that made her nervous. Her presence had strange effects on certain mortals which tended to make them uncomfortable at best and hostile at worst. It was nearly impossible for her to make friends with any mortals.

No, she preferred the presence of the other gods and goddesses, especially her sister. Unlike Kilunzi, Simulizi was outgoing and gregarious, very popular. Kilu was quiet and reclusive, as was her nature. Though complete opposites, the sisters were close friends. However, she was off doing her own things, which was only fair, but it left Kilu at a loss. She had Irc and Hem for companionship, but that only went so far.

With another sigh, Kilu rose and stretched, then with a strange feeling of determination, went off in search of someone to talk to. With identical expressions of surprise, Irc and Hem launched off their perch to follow.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:31 pm
Sherpuff

Uzembe, the God of Negligence, was still relatively young, for a God. He was the son of Failure and Clumsiness, and had only just started his eternal journey. He was curious to see the way of the mortal world, but he was also learning quite a lot about what it meant to be a God. Not too much, though, and not too quickly.

One thing he had not yet learned, for example, was to be careful when he was flying around. He did not see a problem, yet, in being spotted by mortals, and certainly felt no danger from them. He would perhaps learn more about that in time, but the idea just did not occur to him.

He was not much for the 'bigger picture'.

Returning from another trip through the mortal realm, Uzembe flapped his large, albeit a bit battered and odd looking, wings as he lowered himself to settle in the God Havens. He had been born here, and it was as familiar a home as any other. Tucking his wings against his body, one large feather sticking up at an odd angle, he padded his way toward his home, hoping to catch one of his favorite things: a nap.

When he heard a sigh, he looked curiously in its direction, and saw a lioness walking toward him. A goddess, to be fair, and not just a normal lioness. He tried to offer her a smile, but he immediately got nervous and bashful, fur sticking up on instinct, and his smile came out lopsided and strained.

"H-hello, there," he squeaked.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:47 pm
Lithiasaur

Kilunzi was pleased, though a bit surprised, as she watched another god enter the God Havens. She did not recognize him at all, which was also unusual. He looked a bit.....well, awkward, though she would never say that. She was even more startled when she realized that his expression mirrored her own, which meant that he was also shy and uncertain.

Somehow, that made it easier for her close the distance between them and greet him.

"Hello there," she murmured in her quiet, calm voice. It was naturally a soothing voice, and encouraging. After all, one needed such a voice for others to feel comfortable confiding their deepest and darkest secrets.

She caught his gaze and smiled kindly.

"I am Kilunzi, goddess of Secrets. I'm sorry to say that I don't recognize you."

To be polite, she nodded at the two ravens who sat perched nearby.

"These are my companions, Irc and Hem."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:53 am
Sherpuff

"My name is Uzembe, the God of... well. Negligence"

He stood a bit taller and tried to look as un-negligible as he could manage, though he failed in all respects at that. He could not make his feathers all stick in the same direction no matter how many times he ruffled his wings, one always seeming to have its own agenda that ran contrary to his wishes. His fur was poofy, a gift from his father, who had a large and difficult to tame mane. Negligence's own mane was all over the place, and it always looked like he had just gotten out of bed.

Looking over at the two birds, Uzembe looked surprised and interested in them. He skittered a bit closer to look at them with wide eyes. Oddly enough, the winged lion did not get to see birds all that often. They were always clever enough to not be in the sky when he was around.

Apparently a flying lion was not on the list of thing they wanted to associate with, at least on the mortal plains.

"It's okay that you don't recognize me. I haven't been... around... all that long? My mom and dad are Clumsiness and Failure. Though I mean. I am an adult now. Doing... you know... adult things. Uh. What are you up to today? Your birds are really cool."

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:30 am
Lithiasaur

Kilunzi was very pleased that Uzembe seemed interested in her companions. She was very fond of them, after all, and doted on them almost as if they were her children. And they in turn looked after her and kept her company. The pair had been with her for a long time now, though she'd met Irc first when she was just a cub. Hem had come a few years later and now the trio were inseparable.

Uzembe's rumpled appearance made very little impact on Kilunzi. After all, she'd seen all sorts of gods and goddesses and appreances meant little to her. Her own mane was a little overgrown and always hung over her face, rather gracefully, contributing to her shy manner.

"It is very nice to meet you, Uzembe. And I am very pleased you like my birds. They are not very talkative, usually, but I am sure they would be happy to converse with you," she offered tentatively as the ravens nodded their agreement.

They were a rather unusual pair, as ravens were generally noisy and boisterous birds. Granted, they did have their talkative moments, but that was usually when they were alone with Kilu or if they were feeling particularly emotional or protective.

"I am not doing much today, actually. Just wandering a bit," she said and hesitated a moment before adding, "Really I was just hoping for someone to talk to. I don't really speak much with the other gods and goddesses unless they are coming to confide something."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:19 pm
Sherpuff

Uzembe smiled and was glad to meet someone that did not seem too concerned with how goofy he could be. He did his best, but his best was just... well. He did sometimes wish he could focus a bit better, and take care of things a bit more, but hey. It was his nature to be negligent, was it not?

He never really understood what it might mean as far as friendships went. He had never really had a friend before. At least not one that was not related to him.

"Well, I would be glad to keep you some company, if you want. I don't think I have much to offer but I am nice... and I try to be friendly. I'm not up to much either. I was thinking about going back to the mortal area and wandering around. There is always something interesting to see down there. They get up to such strange things."

He liked mortals a lot, even though they could sometimes be very difficult to understand. He felt like observing them taught him more about how he should or should not conduct himself.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

[IC/OOC] Gods' Haven [IC/OOC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas