Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:38 pm
Painted Moose

User Image

As comfortable as things had been in the pride Tiaxnia, Meshach felt the insistent tug within his soul. He was glad to have found his sister alive and well along with her mate. While things were fine here they were still in upheaval back in the Mwezi. They had lingered long enough. He had told the lionesses they would be leaving.

They had left a week ago and were traveling steadily, but not really pushing hard. As much he wanted to rush back, it wouldn't help anything if he arrived exhausted. Instead he focused on enjoying what free time he had with Runa. Meshach glanced at her walking nearby. "Care to stop early tonight to see if we can find some big game?" His stomach was determined to have the last word as it growled loudly, and the male laughed.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:23 pm
magnadearel

User Image

There had been a lot of unease in Runa's heart about the Tianxia at first, but when it came time to leave she actually found herself torn. She had enjoyed the time spent there, but that was just it. While she spent her time gathering herself, there was still talks of things happening back in the Mwezi and the truth was that there was still an unjust King to deal with.

When Meshach gave the word she was ready. Or so she had thought. Runa hadn't felt well upon leaving, though she had attributed it to a sickness of heart. It had taken the full week for her to realize what sort of condition she was in. The lioness had gained weight, though this too had been passed off on gorging herself on the provided food thanks to the Tianxia. Now she knew otherwise.

Snorting, she shook her head with a big grin, and bumped into him. "You're a never ending pit, you know that? I could go with an early night, though, but..." Runa sighed, and bit the inside of her cheek. "We need to talk about some things first."

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:42 pm
Painted Moose

He felt at peace traveling, and traveling with Runa. If he hadn't felt compelled to go back he would have been a very happy lion. As it was he was relaxed and easy going. A sign clearly obvious in his gait for one who knew him well. Meshach gave a purring laugh as she bumped into him.

"Am I? I always thought that was normal!" He pretended to sound offended that no one might have told him otherwise. Something in the tone of her voice made the grin fade slightly. Something... something was wrong. The purple male was positive of that. He wrinkled his brow worriedly as he stopped to face her.

"What is it Runa?" A hundred possibilities ran through his mind. Ok, maybe not that many, but certainly enough. "Do you want to stay at the Tianxia? I wouldn't mind if you go back and wait for me. I promise I'll return soon as the Mwezi is in safe paws."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:00 pm
magnadearel

She gave him a little twisted lip frown and rolled her eyes. "I'm not going to stay in the Tianxia while you go off to do this on your own. Where you go, I go, or did you forget?" Reaching out she poked him with her paw, then uncurled her paw to leave it, pressed against his mane fur and chest. It felt odd, to feel his heart beat through her paw, but it was nice too, especially when she considered what was going on inside of her at that moment. "We'll see the Mwezi safe together."

Lowering her paw, Runa tried to stand a little taller, but in truth, this was the most awkward moment of her life. She shifted, trying not to look at him. "Meshach, what do you think of cubs?"

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:47 pm
Painted Moose

Meshach gave her a loving nuzzle in apology for his little test. "Sorry love. I had to make sure you had no reservations about going back." This wouldn't exactly be the safest thing. No the safest thing would be to turn around and get away from the pride as quickly as possible. Which unfortunately he couldn't do, and Runa wouldn't. He gave a half sigh to himself. Were they just being silly? Whether or not they were, it would be together and the purple lion was grateful he had Runa by his side.

Lost a moment in thought he answered her question without really thinking about it. "Uh cubs? Dunno. Noisy and they get under foot I guess." Meshach mumbled a bit more still clearly not thinking about what he was saying. His mind was still on what his ultimate goal was; overthrow Shangyue. He wondered what his nephew had been up to during the months they'd been gone. It would be some work to find out what was going on in the pride. Hopefully he could get his brother, Yavin, out to talk to him.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:34 pm
magnadearel

She gave a cheeky smile and nuzzled back into him before stepping off on her own, giving into the urge for space. This was a critical moment, and she needed to be able to steer through it as she needed.

"You dunno?" Runa scoffed. She curled her nose up as a little vein in her temple twitched. If she wasn't trying to be delicate about the situation she would have boxed his ears! The idea was still there when she stood with her head tilted to the side, clearly annoyed. And worried. What if he wouldn't like the surprise she had in store for him?

"Meshach, even with cubs under your feet, and making noise, what would you think of them? Do you like the idea of cubs...or not?" Or more specifically your cubs.

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:03 pm
Painted Moose
I have the feeling he's gonna get his ears boxed in before the end of this. XDDD

He was relieved she hadn't changed her mind going back. It would have been a hard choice for him to make. One he never wanted to because he knew what ultimately would have been. Content he started walking again until Runa scoffed at him. Meshach blinked as he looked back at her over his shoulder.

"What?" She looked a little annoyed that he didn't know. How was he to? It had never been a prominent question in his life. "I didn't really deal with cubs once I was past that age." Sure other families had cubs, but no one really close to him. It was more an abstract thought. Something others did, but not him. And now she was getting into the hypothetical. Great. How could she be thinking about this stuff at a time like this? Maybe she missed having cubs around? Yes that made sense. Females helped each other with cubs.

"All cubs are precious," he replied diffidently. The pride valued cubs of course. Meshach paused, unsure of how to answer the question. What did he think of cubs? The male shifted uncomfortably and glanced around. "Well yeah I guess I like them."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:09 pm
magnadearel
Ooooh yeah. xD

When he started walking again she did as well, though her walk held a sharp sway to it. There was a lot of sass as her paws made heavy footfalls. "So you've never formed an opinion on them just because you haven't been around them? Tell me, Meshach, do you also not have an opinion on The Great Lion just because you haven't met him?"

She herself had avoided cubs as much as possible. It was a little harder, since most assumed that females fawned over them, but whenever asked to cubsit she had avoided it like the plague itself. In this situation, however, she had to stick up for the little buggers.

"You guess? You guess?" Runa pivoted on her paw and got close to his nose, ears pinned back against her head. "Well, you better cross the border with all four paws or stay on the other side because you're having them." In an agitated huff she turned again and stomped a ways away from him.

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:19 pm
Painted Moose

"Well I never really had the chance," he mumbled in his defense. Meshach wondered why she was so insistent all of a sudden to find out what he thought about cubs. It just didn't make sense. He laid his ears back at the mention of the Great Lion. "Runa you know I believe in him. So much that I'm willing to risk my life for him." Faith in the Great Lion was absolutely different than cubs. How could she correlate the two?

He pulled up short as he found himself startling nose to nose with her. "Wha?!" Meshach stood there like a stranded fish, his mouth hanging open as he tried to formulate what'd been said. He stared after her watching her walk away. Did she just say what he thought she'd said? The male bounded after Runa. "Er... what did you mean?" He followed behind her, but carefully out of reach, he hoped, lest his question anger her more.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:32 pm
magnadearel

Maybe she was insensitive for bringing faith into this, but it was unthinkable to her that he could have an opinion on an ethereal being and not something he could physically touch. Was it so hard to make up his mind on whether or not he actually like the things?

Runa kept her nose skyward, but her eyes kept darting over to him, betraying her emotional distance. "I'm pregnant." Slowing to a stop ahead of him she looked down at the ground beside of her paws with a sigh that was more frightened herself than actually angry. She was so jumbled up inside that she'd forgotten that she was actually scared. This was not the ideal situation for her to bare her first litter. There were no midwives in this vast land to aid her, she had no mother to tell her stories and give advice, and to top it all off, she had no idea if Meshach even wanted them.

She ruffled her mane with a shaky paw and turned back to look at him. "I'm pregnant."

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:07 pm
Painted Moose

He felt as though he'd been hit by charging rhino. No elephant! His mind ran in circles and his legs felt wobbly.

"You... Your..." The male felt shock. He stood there unsure what to do or say to her. Having cubs of his own was never an option he'd considered. All his life he'd been a background Lord. He didn't even really do anything important for the pride. As such, he'd never made any bonds with an interested female. Now everything had changed. He had a mate, and his mate was having cubs. It amazed him to realize this.

"I know its not the best, but I promise to do anything and everything I can." He looked deeply into her eyes. His gaze promising to do anything to keep her and the cubs safe.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:15 pm
magnadearel

Runa worried that he would pass out. "Meshach?" She stepped closer to him, tentatively craning her neck to look at him with a critical eye. He was taking it with more shock than she, but he had said that hadn't had many dealings in this area. Perhaps she should have been more delicate?

"Just promise me you'll love them. If you say it and you mean it, then I'll know." If he loved them as a father would then they would be protected and given all in life that they could possibly need. "You're right, this isn't how I wanted this, but...I feel selfish because I'm happier than I've ever been." It was wrong, so wrong, given what they had come from and what they were going back into to think of starting a family. But when she looked into his eyes Runa couldn't help, but to smile.

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:23 pm
Painted Moose
Fin?

Meshach took a deep breath and offered her a smile to show he was ok. Surprised, but ok.

"I promise to love them and you." Whatever happened they would see it together. He smiled and bumped her cheek gently. "If you are happy about it, then so am I. You've made me more into I ever would have been on my own. Now you've given me the greatest gift of all." Meshach purred deep in his throat. "Does Rona know?"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:28 pm
magnadearel
Fin. c:

"Then I'll promise as well." She leaned against him, nuzzling her head and neck against his. The feel of his mane on her fur was one of the most comforting things she had ever known. "I've only helped to show you what was already there. You have so much in you, and I'm glad you've chosen to share it with me."

She chuckled and shook her head. "We can tell her together. She's probably caught up that I was hiding something from her, but I think she'll forgive me. We'll go later, right now, I want to stay like this for a while."

Just for a moment she knew peace, family, and love. There had been so much of it in the Tianxia that she had almost choked on it, but now she was coming to understand. Family had only mean Rona for so long it was hard to see the changes. Now...she had so many to call her own, and that number was only going to grow.

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces