Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Jini-msemi Lands [IC]
[PRP] Need a Friendly Face (Ohm x Kokuro)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nessiaing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:59 pm
User Image

Kokuro was walking around the base of the mountain to be honest she was bored. She had never made a great deal of friends in the pride and as her family grew older and her siblings had children of their own she had had fewer and fewer people around her to keep her company.

Really the black and orange lioness should not complain her life had been an easy one, her parents had cared for her well as a cub, and her pilgrimage had been quick and enlightening. She did miss the swamp lands somewhat but she loved the mountains, and the views she could see as she climbed higher and higher.

Though she was now noticing as happy as her life had been she felt a part missing, she was missing companionship be it in the form of a mate or a friend she needed more in her life.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:09 pm
User ImageKaleo - Ohm now - had HAD a mate once. Or rather, an intended mate. Childhood friends, they'd done everything together. He'd been her stalwart defender from the dangers of the swamp, and later, against rogues on their pilgrimage. He'd gone first, but he'd waited just outside the borders for her to take her turn. They'd gone together, they'd grown closer, thrived...and then she'd disappeared. He'd awoken one morning to the scent of his home burning (they had been only a day's travel away by then, ready to come home!) and no friend at his side. He'd searched endlessly...but eventually had no choice but to move on with his people.

The creamsicle lion hadn't been the same since. Ever loud, ever energetic, he'd grown near-silent and a bit listless. He'd failed her, he was certain, and what was worst was never knowing what'd happened. Maybe she'd found someone else...? That would hurt too, but he would be happy for her. But he didn't know, and that made him wish she'd simply left him.

Of late his friends had been gently reminding him to move on too. That there were other hares in the tall grass, that he might love again. He'd agreed with them, if only to keep them from pestering him or trying to set him up - but he wasn't exactly sure he believed it. Today at least he was trying to be social. He'd gone for a walk around the mountain. He'd even said (very quiet) hellos to a few females. that counted. Right...?

ShinosBee

Nerd

nessiaing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:51 pm
Kokuro spotted the male before he spotted her, she knew she had seen him in the pride before, he certainly had an unique coloring but she had never actually spoken to him, nor did she know his birth name much less his adult name. She had her own family that she tended to stick to, part of it from her own worries that people would look down on her and her family because of her grandfather being a murder and all.

Kokuro should know better most lions in the pride wouldn't hold it against her, it wasn't her actions, not to mention if you were just looking at her you would have never known she was related to her grandfather. From what she had been told he was pure white with a pink mane.

Kokuro watched the male for a few minutes before she decided to approach him, he seemed to be sad or something, she considered leaving him alone but then she decided it looked like he needed a friend, "Hello" she said to him softly as she approached from behind.

ShinosBee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:21 am
The male tensed briefly but sharply at the sound of a female 'hello' from behind. In the blink of an instant he'd hoped it was her, remembered it couldn't be, put on a brave face, and turned to offer a rather tired-looking smile to the black and orange female. She seemed...not timid. But something he could relate to. "Hello," He replied, dipping his head just slightly. He might be down...but he wasn't rude. He wouldn't brush her off if she needed something.

"Can I...help you?" He offered, barely above a whisper. Around them other pridal passerbys parted like they were a stone in the middle of a river. No one really took notice of the quiet lioness and the moping lion. He ignored one of his friends who'd reminded him to get back out there smiling his way. This wasn't...wasn't anything. She just needed help with something. She looked dimly familiar, in that way all pride members he hadn't spent time with did, but he couldn't place her face.

A small frown, then, "I'm sorry. I'm Ohm. I don't think we've...met?"
nessiaing

ShinosBee

Nerd

nessiaing

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:15 am
Kokuro paused for a second, she wondered if she should have greeted the male or not, he seemed a little disagreeable. "I'm sorry to bother you, I just, well it looked liked you could use a friend." There was no point in beating around the bush. Kokuro was a gentle soul and she already cared for others, even if she didn't really know them.

"No Ohm I don't think we've officially met though I know I have seen you around the pride. My name is Kokuro." She offered him a kind smile hoping to make him feel a little more at ease.

ShinosBee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:53 pm
Oh. He could tell he'd upset her. Or at least put her off. Poor thing, she didn't deserve to feel awkward because of his troubles. "It's not a bother. Forgive me. I've had...well. It doesn't matter. You're not bothering me." He'd feel even worse if he upset people. He really had to pull himself out of this slump. For the pride. "A pleasure, then, Kokuro." He even managed a smile, a real one. It felt...good to smile again. Even if it was only because he might be able to help her with something.

Once he'd been all about helping people, taking care of those who needed him, making people smile and laugh. It would be nice to do that again...he wasn't sure he could, but the more he thought about it the more he realized how selfish he'd been being. No one else needed to share his loss, after all. With that in mind, he tried to brighten up, asking once more, "Did you need help with something? Or an ear to bend for a moment?" It wouldn't ever occur to him that what she wanted was to cheer HIM up!

nessiaing

ShinosBee

Nerd

nessiaing

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:21 pm
Kokoru bounced back fast, her fleeting worry was diminished when as soon as he gave her a genuine smile. She was a chipper lioness not much would set her back. She studied his face a little, she could tell there was a history there, a story maybe one day he would tell her all about himself, but today she wouldn't push it to far... there was always other days for that.

"Nope I don't need anything or have to bend anyone's ear I really just wanted to say hi to you." Kokoru liked to make friends, and he was a new lion to her, she wanted to be his friends. "Don't you ever just try saying hi to someone. It can make someone's day having another one even notice that they are there." Kokoru always wanted to make other's days better.

ShinosBee

[IC] Jini-msemi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff