Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:06 am
Quote:
User Image

Dusk Shatter moved through the pack again, another day off from her duty's to the Queen. having Hound there was nice as he was not at all lame at guarding his mate. Moving out towards the usual place she would visit, Eha was known to chill around the entrance of Wave Crest's Atisan den. Sometimes she didn't talk to the skittish male and just watched him at work. She never really knew if he was still on edge about having the Queen's Knight around and about but Eha never did disrupt his work or his things.

She would be lying if a part of her felt a fondness towards the male, but Eha didn't know if that fondness would be bad news to him really. So she just became the sort to enjoy being around him quietly. It gave her time to lay on his den ground and not in a constant standing motion.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

No, Hound wasn't lame as guarding his mate, but Wave Crest had more talks with her than most of the members of the pack. He'd helped her with a few of her problems, the few he could being an artisan. It wasn't exactly his cup of tea, helping her with these big pack problems, but he could offer some insite, like the restrictions on what couples were allowed. It simply wasn't fair for the Queen to regulate who could love and who couldn't. Some of them just weren't wired the same way.

Taking a deep breath of the morning air, Kitwana found himself stretching out in a patch of sun, somehow crafting together another shawl. Getting rope through a hide wasn't easy, okay. His purple eyes squinted as he muttered to himself inside of his den and flopped over to the side once he got the piece of twisted vine through. His tail thumped and flicked this way and that before he heard some kind of shuffling outside of his den. Blinking a little, he peered towards his entrance and spotted a familiar female. "Ah.. Dusk Shatter.. You... You can come in." No point in having her outside the whole time.

He was much more lax about the Queen's Knights about. He could do nothing about the title, and the pack had been cohesive for a long time now, so he had time to ease into it.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:31 am
Quote:
The large female was rather trustworthy and wished not to worry anyone, but she had taken what Kitwana had said to her in given situations to heart and had considered each of them. Eha had to consider her words when it came to the topic of the Queen and decided who could and couldn't love. It was her job to enforce the law of the pack and keep any peace. So she would sometimes keep herself quiet in contempt of listening to the male speak his mind.

She watched as he moved around in his den. She moved in to the den to lay in her usual place. Her body was larger than most other females but she was still smaller than Kitwana. Which was amusing to her. She was used to towering over the Queen and her heir.

"As long as I am not disturbing you, Wave." she would insist calmly as she laid her head flat for a moment against the ground. "Has the morning been good to you?"

"You're definitely not disturbing," he said after a moment of watching her lay flat on the ground. He stayed where he was, comfortable and relaxed and just looked to his work. "...This... this piece isn't working with me today.. So I'm fighting with it.. and taking a break, and fighting again. He'd found that over time it was a little easier to talk to others, but he still hesitated and sometimes stuttered his way through what he was trying to say.

"I'm trying to make a new.. cloak? Like the one I usually wear. This one's thicker hide and I'm having troubles getting it to ...Well, not getting it]/i] to do anything but.. I can't seem to get a hole through it with out a few attempts." Slowly the blue male sat up and stared at the purple hide he was using before pawing at it uselessly.

Then he looked over at her with a little smile and let his ears fall back a little. "It's... been a while since we actually got to talk last."

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:00 am
Quote:
His words made the knight smile, her tail swishing for a moment and then leaning her head up to listen to him. Eha never bothered him while he stuttered and just usually sat there and waited for his words to realign themselves. Dusk was definitely the sort to have the patience of a saint. Looking to the pelt as Wave sat up. Dusk would tilt her head.

"Would you like me to help?" Another set of paws wouldn't hurt. Her head tilted the other way in an inquisitive way. She got up after he did and sat where she had been laying down. Her ears flicking forward to his words and then she gave him a fond smile. Letting it slip onto her facial features. "It has been,, hasn't it." She would respond and look around his den area. Shifting her green eyes back to her friend. "I haven't been able to slip away for a bit with all of the movements in the pack beginning these days."

"Mm... The Queen's preparing us to move further up. End of the summer rains are coming, after all. The lower lands are going to flood..." He looked at her and then at the hide he was using before nodding, letting his tail flick again, ears perking forward. Wave Crest shifted, pulling the hide tight with his paws before motioning her to the pointy rock he'd been using with his mouth.

"Put... that in between your teeth and try to shove it in the.. area I started earlier?" There was definitely wear and tear in the hide at a certain spot. He rubbed his nose in his arm after a moment, dust getting to it, causing him to sneeze, which caused him to fluff up. "...I heard rumors... about the Betrothed that.. he.. may be replaced soon.. Apparently he's not around anymore." His words were whispered, very quiet as if he didn't want to actually say them in case it was wrong.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:33 am
Quote:
Would nod, reminding herself that, that was the reason and the Queen leaving her area meant a heavier guard. The darker pelted femme was happy to hear about the rains as the sun usually didn't do her any good when it came to the hotter seasons. Mind you, she wasn't one to complain. The Commander and his sisters had pelts of pure black.

When he shifted for the help she got up and moved towards him. She had never been this close to Wave Crest, she could see him better now that she sat across from him, grabbing the rock and doing what he asked. When she missed the first time she scrunched her nose a bit and then tried again. Getting the needle through, she put the rock down before him. Sitting on her haunches and fluffing her chest up to show off that she did it in two tries. Grinning at him semi self consciously.

On the topic of the betrothed her eyes shifted away for a moment. Shaking her head for a second. "He has disappeared, yes. I am unaware if it will be through the games again or if the Queen will be looking at who is qualified." Dusk Shatter tilted her head. "Are you interested in becoming the betrothed?" Her words were calm. A part of her knew she could trust him.

He was really impressed that she'd gotten it so quickly. He fluffed up as well, thinking himself a good teacher since she caught on so quickly and with a grin of thanks, he tugged the pelt back to him to quickly thread the twisted vine rope through the whole and secured it in a knot.

"That.. was fairly easy for you wasn't it? I suppose... I should get more muscles.. Since some of the thickets pelts come from the kills during autumn and winter.." He let his ears fold back when she went on about the Betrothed that had disappeared.

So it wasn't a rumor. That wasn't good for their pride. He clicked his tongue lightly as he absentmindedly fussed with the fur of the pelt until she asked her question. "N-not at all. I'm.. I'm not fit for the Heir.." He didn't fancy her like that at all. He loved her as the Heir but he couldn't imagine being forced to mated to someone because of a game. Then again, the ones that entered wanted power and he was more than happy being an artisan in the pack. "She's... lovely but she's not.. ..She's a bit young for me.."  

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:25 pm
Quote:
Chuckled and smiled when he showed some self esteem in having taught her so fast how to push something through he pelt. Looking at her body for a moment, "This isn't my first Royal Guard job I suppose." She would admit and smile slightly. She was a younger femme, at least four years old, but she had always been rather well built. "I wouldn't mind helping you until you gain enough strength for it." Eha would chuckle at Kitwana.

Some part of her actually loosened up when he admitted that he wasn't fit for the Heir. It was true in a way; he was not made out to be a warrior or a guard or anything that would be able to defend the Queen's life for anything. He was good at his trade, fairly good and his trade in this pack needed him. Laughing a little at the ending response to her question. "Sorry, that was cheeky and blunt of me to ask..." Her ear drooped slightly. Her greens looking at the pelt that lay before her. Eha actually carried a heavier pelt so she never needed a shawl for the cooler months. It intrigued her why Kitwana would want to hide his handsome pelt but to each their own.

"Have you thought of that sort of thing? At all?" The idea of a mate, or having pups. It was a question that just came out. She didn't have time to stop it.

"I don't... know what it would entail, building muscle, other than rigorous amounts of running and maybe some climbing..." His ears perked forward again and then he shrugged at the cheeky comment.

"It's... a question that's asked now and again in the pride, since the Heir... Our Frost Paw is.. key to getting the highest you can.. Though I pity her if she gets.. stuck with someone like that.." His ears lowered again and Wave Crest just rolled his shoulders in a way that showed it couldn't be helped if she did. The Games weren't the most effective way of picking mate for the Heir, honestly. He found it sort of barbaric, but he wasn't a fighter. Wave was more of a lover, a crafter, if you would. It showed in how slender and nimble he was.

The other question caught him by surprised and he opened his mouth to say something and then shut it again at the same time his ears pinned back. He had, actually. So, he nodded honestly. "..Now and again. I feel I should ..have those things. Pups.. a mate.. but.." But he wasn't exactly a catch in his own eyes. Skinny and nervous.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:58 pm
Quote:
"I was born with a heavier muscular toning I suppose. I have never been skinny. So I wouldn't know how to completely tone you. But it'd be fun I suppose? Though my muscle is always here to help when I have time too?" She would say kindly with a bright smile to her friend. She spoke in honesty, Eha was bred to be this way. Her parents before her were both larger and big boned. Her fur texture was due to the pack and it's northerner assets.

"Aye, I suppose it is a good question to ask.. I think if her mother chooses.. She is a good judge considering who Hound is." She would smile warmly at the Commander. "I think the Queen will be choosing. Whom, I am unaware of. Though there are some single male Wild Dogs in the Queen's Knights.. That are closer to her age." She thought anyways. Eha would shrug to him.

Watching him react so enclosed about it she smirked and shook her head. "Now you stop that Kitwana." She called him by his real name. She didn't call him Wave Crest often. Though Duskshatter would if she was infront of another pack mate. "Small, big, fast, strong, or just smart and nimble. We all have our rights at having a family.." She would say warmly. "That is what I believe anyways." And this was coming to the female who quietly listened to Kitwana when he suggested that the Queen could not choose who each dog could love. "Though I must admit, even I have thought about it.." She knew she was the busy sort too and wouldn't be able to breed with another Queen's Knight. They would just be so busy and never have time for the pups; or so this was her biggest fear about the thought of having a mate.

Oops, he was being chastized. And called by his real name. Wave made a little noise at that akin to a whine and sighed afterwards. Even the Queen had gotten onto him about putting himself down, but honestly, he couldn't help it! It was a thing he was used to doing.

"You're... suited to that sort of life style I think...? I mean y-you're.. kind and warm..? You're obviously protective.. the pack... would be lucky to have your pups, I think.." Nevermind he fancied her a bit. She was warm colored, but it matched her warm heart, the way she talked about the Queen and Commander, the fact that it seemed she looked after Frost Paw as her own daughter. Not everyone could do that, honestly, especially in a newer pack like theirs. His tail thumped a little before shrugging. "...Without pups.. I don't know how long the pack will last.. ..I hope more of us talk about.. families.."  

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:27 pm
Quote:
She looked at herself sort of and then looked back up to him. "I could be suited for it. But I feel if I were to find someone my rank... That the pups would have to deal with the sort of parents I had too.. My parents were both Royal Guards and I lacked parenting." She lowered her ears, which was an odd look on the Knight. The Queen's Knight known as Duskshatter; or Eha Calaeda was the sort to have a lot of self esteem. Her ears had never touched her skull, even when she was scolded by the Queen.

"So.. Yes I would love for the pack to prosper with my kin.. But I would need a mate that is capable of being there when I can not.." She would blush now under her darker pelt. She was being honest about herself. She was so for her job, Eha figured she'd be a bad mother. Though that was probably less of a fact and more of herself beating her own esteem down. His words about her being motherly to the heir gave her a softened smile though. "Thank you." She would say to Kitwana and look up at him in the eyes. "I have never been complimented in such a way.."

The ending statement made the dog close her eyes and she would nod. "Aye.." Something sparked in her mind. "What sort of mate would you ever look for in the end?" Was she getting curious about the skinnier dog? There wasn't even a probably. It was a yes.

He just listened to her, tail flicking a little, just wagging contentedly and slowly behind him as he watched her. Her ears went back and it was a new look on her, but... it was gone quickly enough. She was back to being proud and confident. That was more suited for her. She didn't need her ears pinned back, honestly. Not with her coloration and the way she got animated when talking about something related to the royal guards.

"Ah... Just.. I g-guess...' He could tell she was getting interested. Wave swallowed thickly and just bit down on the inside of his cheek after a moment, thinking. "...Just someone that c-can... That I get along with? Just..." He sighed lightly and shook his head. He didn't now how to explain. "Someone... I can talk to.. That.. Is just..There?" He was really bad at this.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:29 pm
As he stumbled through his answer to her odd question, she would give him a calming smile. The usual she always used while talking to him. Watching him talk seemed to have amused her. Her fancy for him grew when he stumbled over his words.
"Someone that is just there, and you can talk with. I think those are good qualities." She would pick up his pieces kindly, as per usual. Chuckling a little.
"You are a good wild dog. I think you will find your match, Kitwana. Someone who can be there for you and who you can seek comfort in talking with."

She shrugged a little. "Though I seem to be the only one who does both when I can be here." She would say sort of silently, almost to herself as she looked around at his trinkets. Wondering if the Artisan would require aid to move these up with the rains that were on their way.  

Saint Vis

Timid Prophet

Sergio Mule

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:34 pm
He just ducked his head, wanting the ground to open up and swallow him whole once he'd finished talking. If he were any more pathetic he would just run away, but Wave Crest couldn't do that to her. She's too nice, too sweet.

Then she started speaking and his ears folded back sheepishly, tail trying to not curl between his legs. He was glad he was sitting for once. He was so pathetic. "..Y..You are.." He murmured softly, looking to the unpolished rocks, and the bits of string and rope and cloth. He nudged one back into a pile and just bit down on the inside of his cheek. "I was kind of.. thinking about you.. when I said it?" It was his round about way of admitting he liked her, honestly.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:44 pm
Dusk sharply tilted her head but not so much sharply. It was kind of a dull movement. A swish to the side one could say. Eha was never the sort to be requested such a thing from anyone. Actually she usually was the Knight who took her job extremely seriously. Though she deep down did want a huge family.

Her ears pinned forward as she straightened up her head though and she smiled genuinely at Wave. She was for a moment stunned and lost for words. "I.. Didn't think you would... Consider me?" She actually managed out and shifted her paws as she sat there. Eha kept smiling though. "Are you sure Wave Crest?" Well, the femme just wanted to make sure that wasn't a rushed thought.  

Saint Vis

Timid Prophet

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:48 pm
Don't ask that...

Asking questions made him doubt himself and his choices. He swallowed, ears pressing back a little more firmly against his skull and he just sort of dropped his eyes and nodded a little. "...You've been a r-really constant.. good friend. I...do consider you. I don't really consider anyone else?" He let his ears perk forward as he slowly glanced at her then squirmed, wiggling his paws lightly before shifting his body weight. Yep, nervousness and tension was seeping through him now.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:54 pm
She moved forward, since she hadn't backed off from her position of being closer whilst helping him. Her maw pushed under his chin and she looked at his face. "Aye, I gather I have more friends.. Being in my position." She would say out loud. "But I have only ever taken a liking to you, myself, Kitwana.." Eha had no idea how this was all to happen to Wild Dogs. But she wouldn't change this.

She blinked a little. Would their ranks get in the way of this? "As.. Long as you are ok with my job, I am ok with your job.." She could feel her heart beginning to pound, which was a feeling she was not used to. Being this close to him and if he let her, she had touched him.  

Saint Vis

Timid Prophet

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:03 pm
"I.." He blinked, swallowing a little as his tail slowly starting to thump against the den floor under him. Kitwana was more than alright with her position. "..I am.. Your rank means you're more important than any artisan in the pack. ..I respect it and y-you." He'd been doing so well up until that last bit, when he got shy again.

Sometimes being socially awkward was horrible and he never did get across what he wanted too. Kitwana's ears folded back again as he looked her face over before giving her a little smile. "...I think we can make it work."  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:07 pm
Her words made her smirk and she shrugged. "Well you make our Queen and the Heir very pretty with your trinkets. Well I guess I should say prettier." She would amusingly say. "Artisans are more fun than the Queen's Knights. I respect your rank and you too."

When he said that he thought they could make it work she gave him a widebirthed grin. A happiness erupted inside of her that excited her to smile this way. "We can, and we will." She would nod happily and then in her excitement she let herself lean up against his skinny form happily. Then she sort of let herself slide away. "Oh sorry.." She would say awkwardly.  

Saint Vis

Timid Prophet

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:10 pm
Thoughts left him as she leaned against him. He froze for a moment, brain trying to comprehend what just happened before she pulled away. Kitwana stared at her for a moment, blinking and let his head tilt.

Shifting a bit, he pushed himself against her side and just sort of buried his face in her neck because well. It was embarrassing but this was good. This felt good. She was warm, her fur was soft and ...now he could do this whenever he saw her. His tail wagged behind him in a happy sort of way, even if his ears stayed half down in embarrassment. Honestly, he didn't trust himself to speak anymore, so he would just stay like this.  
[IC] Pakiti Ya'jua Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games