Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dragon Quest/Warrior Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all your Dragon Quest/Warrior needs! 

Tags: JRPG, Slimes, Roto, Alefgard, Zenithia 

Reply Party Chat (Chatterbox)
Dragon Warrior IV here we go!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ninja Ryu11

Friendly Seeker

9,025 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:43 pm
Yep, that's right. Rhyus is finally ready for some old school NES DW IV action! If I remember correctly, it's Hassan's favorite game in the series. So far all I can say from first impressions is well, Ragnar has pink soldier armor. Although, it is pretty interesting to see an older hero this time. I've only gotten his little healie slime buddie as a companion up to this point, but I'm really looking forward to see where things go on from here. Man, do I love that Burland Castle theme though!

I know I haven't been too active as much as I wanted... Life has been fairly busy with me as of late. Of course it is to be expected since it is the fall season. But just very recently, I actually finished up Dragon Quest V. I don't remember if I mentioned it around here, but yes I've been playing it on my own pace. Tiki a.k.a The Third Loto of the guild is the only one who knows how I felt going through it all. crying But do expect a huge thread from me really soon. I have so much to say about that game!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:55 pm
Woo, DWIV, and you are correct, it is my favourite entry in the series! How are you doing now, did you progress far enough to see how the game works yet?

What I really love about Dragon Quest IV is how unique the main characters are, we have the somewhat senile Ragnar, decked in pink armour, whose
friend is a Heal Slime
, which may seem a little ordinary, but then as the game progresses, it only increases, gets more audacious and likeable.
That being said, the soundtrack is what initially attracted me to this game, the world map has six wonderful themes, SIX! Not only that, but the dungeons (towers in particular) capture the feeling of the dungeons perfectly, as well as sounding great in their own right.

While DWIV no doubt shows signs of ageing, it by all means is still playable, and even enjoyable for that matters. Also, various remakes of it exist, I myself am currently playing around with the Japanese PSX version, with what little bit of kanji I know, but DWIV should definitely be experienced in its original form at least once.
You still have to give the English release of the DS version a try when you have the funds though, Rhys. They added a lot to it to give it a modern feel, while at the same time managed to preserve the charm quite well.

Also, midterms next week, and term papers are threatening to crash in at a fierce pace, ugh.  

The Lolwut Pear
Captain

Mega Fatcat

12,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Ninja Ryu11

Friendly Seeker

9,025 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:27 pm
Six map themes? Wow... I'll definitely been looking forward to that.

So I've been meaning to give this a response for awhile... My apologies if I haven't things been hectic lately with life. So uh.. Just as an update on things I sorta stopped playing DQ IV on the NES ways back. I actually might at some point try it out again though because it still seems great for its time.

I dunno lately I feel myself drifting away from emulation. I find myself finishing games if I have it with me physically. Plus, I've been a little occupied with other games on what spare time I have and stuff...

But instead! I actually searched around recently and got myself a copy of the remake of DQ IV on the DS believe or not. Ironic enough, it was the very last copy of the game for miles in my area... That is one rare game..

Anyways yeah, I started it up like last weekend and I really think it's great so far. I just barely met Torneko the merchant. He seems like a fun and goofy fellow. I can't wait to see more of his story. Also, Princess Alena kicks so much a**! Though, I did goof up in the last two fights a bit maybe i should've grinded Alena some more higher than Level 12... Eh, what's past is past. I'll go more detailed later on as I dive further into it.

Also, Party chat might've been fun to see.... Tiki tells me that the IOS version actually has the Party chat feature.  
Party Chat (Chatterbox)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games