Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[PRP] A Walk in the Forest (Kya x Wahed)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nessiaing

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:13 pm
User Image
Kya had woken up early in the morning, she heard her daughter slip from the den as the sun came up. It was normal for her daughter to leave at the crack of dawn, she didn't know what she did or where she went but she was always back by mid day.

Today Kya decided to go out and explore today. The duo had been living in a forested area for the last little while and Kya admittedly hadn't gotten out to check out the area too much. She had spent all her time making the den as inhabitable as possible. She wanted a nice place not only for herself but her daughter too. He pups had always come first even if most of them had gone off on their own now.

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:18 pm
nessiaing

User Image

Wahed was out and about early, padding around under the early morning light and enjoying the scents of the new day. He loved spending time out in the unknown, which was why he spent so long wandering around. It was curious to him, the thought of finding a home where he would want to stay, but so far that had not happened. Maybe he needed a reason, one day, to be tied to one place.

For now, he was a wandering spirit, and he was enjoying every moment of it. Today, he had walked out to some brand new spot in this seemingly endless world of theirs, and he spotted another wild dog not too far away from him.

He cleared his throat, moving through the trees of the forest, approaching cautiously and doing his best not to show any signs of aggression. Which was easy for him, really, because he rarely had any reason at all to be aggressive with anyone. It was just easier to be nice.

"Hello, there. My name is Wahed! Are you from around here?"

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

nessiaing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:43 pm
Kya turned at the noise of another voice. She smiled when she saw a male wild dog coming towards her. She was excited to see someone else in the forest, it had been awhile since she had had any company other then her daughter. The male didn't seem aggressive, had he wanted to attack her he could have done so without her seeing it, him calling out to her was a good sign.

She moved towards the male, "My name is Kya'Inna, but most of the time people just call me Kya." she told him with a grin. "I am from around her, I live in a den with my daughter just that way." she said gesturing with her nose in the direction of the place she had been calling home. She had never intended for it to be a permanent home but her and Konane had settled in so well now.

"How about you Wahed, are you from around here?" She was excited to hear all the male could tell her.

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:51 pm
nessiaing

Wahed did not have a violent bone in his body, really. If he were honest, he did not even really like hunting, and tended to eat fruits and berries and whatever he could find. He scavenged meat when he could, like a hyena he supposed, but that was probably because he had been raised by a hyena mother. It was a long, strange story, but he felt it did not make him much different to the other wild dogs out there.

Just because he had not known he wasn't a hyena for most of his life... did not mean anything.

"Kya! That's very cute, and fun to say!" He smiled at her brightly. He was easy going and not shy about what he said to others. He tried to filter out bad things, but for the most part he was forthright and honest, without being rude.

At least, most of the time.

"Your daughter? That must be nice! I've no family to speak of, really. Not any more. But I've never had any cubs or anything. It must be comforting to know you have family out there though. I'm not from around here. I am not really from anywhere! I just like to wander around, though maybe I'll find some place to live sometime." He smiled, not seeming too worried about it, either way.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

nessiaing

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:56 pm
Kya smiled she liked having her name complimented, she had always thought her parents had given her a rather nice name. Wahed was an interesting name in her opinion definitely not something she had heard before. She had heard of places where the name meant a great deal but to her it was just a name, a way to get someone's attention.

"It is very nice to have my daughter with me." she agreed, "I wish more of my children had stuck around but at last they have all grown up and gone off on their own."

"A wonder eh?" she asked with a smile. "It is only recently that it has been just my daughter and I we use to live in a pack with wild dogs and hyenas. Does it get lonely wondering around all the time?" Kya missed her home it had always been nice to be around so many others. She did like that her and her daughter had at least a den that they called home for now.

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:12 pm
nessiaing

"All grown up huh? Well, congratulations on raising a successful litter! It must have been difficult, but it has to be some kind of gratifying to have them get out there on their own, right? You can rest knowing that they're living their own happy lives, I hope, and that's a pretty cool idea."

He smiled brightly. He had never had his own family, of course, but he spent more time thinking about it than even he really noticed. He couldn't help himself, he was just that age where settling down was more and more appealing. He had been a wanderer all his life, and while that had been great while he was younger, he knew that he could not stick to that kind of life forever.

One day, he wanted to know what it was like to have puppies to raise.

"It gets a little lonely, yeah. I would like having others around, but I haven't been able to find a good pack or home for myself just yet. I know it's out there, somewhere!"

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

nessiaing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:36 pm
Lithiasaur

Kya smiled, she had never thought of it that way, "You are right I should be proud, not sad." she said a new smile beaming on her face, she had done one heck of a job with those pups and now they were adults out in the world making their own lives doing their own thing.

"I did my job right I suppose." She knew that Konane was staying with her out of a sense of loyalty not because she needed Kya by any means, her daughter was a self sufficient dog.

"I can't imagine not having anyone around." Kya told the male a sadness in her voice. She felt sad that the male didn't have more in his life.

"You know if you wanted you could stay in this area." she liked the male well enough and thought it would be alright getting to know him better.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:37 pm
nessiaing

"You wouldn't mind me hanging around here? I wouldn't want to take your food or make things harder for you and your daughter. I do work hard though! So I could earn my keep and hunt for your guys or do something else!"

He did not want to take advantage of their generosity in letting him have a place to stay. He also had never had a real home before and hardly knew what to do with the offer. It was not much, as he was sure he could find a place near others and set up a home there, but he never felt welcomed before.

This was the first time anyone had asked him to stay, or offered him a reason to.

He tried not to show how excited he was about the whole thing.

"I'm pretty used to being alone but I think it would be nice to live somewhere for a little while at the very least. If I get really annoying you can tell me to go, and I won't be offended, I swear!"

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

nessiaing

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:30 pm
Kya smiled the male was humble a quality that she found admirable. "You wouldn't be putting anyone out. I am sure Konane would enjoy having someone else around just as much as I would. Poor girl hasn't had anyone other then her dear old mom to talk to as of lately." Kya beamed.

"Plus having some extra paws around could prove very helpful." The two females were usually capable of getting things done on their own but it certainly wouldn't hurt to have a male around a little extra muscle.

"Come with me I will show you where the den is. Konane should be back by now you can meet her two." Kya turned to head back towards the den, checking over her shoulder to make sure the male was going to follow her.

This had turned out to be a very productive walk she thought to herself as she headed back home.

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:29 pm
nessiaing
That's a wrap from me! I also have Wahed's RPs all done =]

Wahed smiled brightly and chuckled, following after her happily, tail wagging behind him as he fell into an easy trot.

"Not so old, I don't think. Probably around my age, and you've done a lot more with your life!" He chuckled, being polite but also being honest in his observations. He was just a nice guy, at the end of the day, and he did his best to make others feel good, as well.

He was excited to see their den and to find himself some place to set up his own little camp. He would not put them out, but he was sure there was someplace nearby their den where he could stay, and be their neighbor. Then he would be able to make good on his offer to help them out.

This had turned out to be a very good turn for him, and he was excited to start his new chapter here.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas