Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Jini-msemi Lands [IC]
[PRP] Searching for a Friend (Tala x Etoile)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nessiaing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:38 pm
User Image

Tala had been thinking a lot about the male she had met on the mountain side only a few days ago. He had been so kind to her and well frankly she was in the need of some more friends. Her family had grown and the darkly colored lioness was on her own.

She wasn't sure how the ashen colored male felt about her but she had thought they got on well enough when they first met and she figured seeking him out wasn't overstepping any boundaries. What ever came of the relationship would come.

With that in mind she was now searching the pride lands to find the male who called himself Etoile.

hibi-tea

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:55 pm
User Image

Etoile was sunning out on a rock on one of the mountain sides. Well, to be honest he wasn't exactly sunning so much as he was laying there starring at the blue of the sky trying to piece together what he had just seen flash before his eyes in his momentary darkness that accompanied all of his visions.

The gray male blinked his eyes slowly before feeling something rise from his throat in a visceral reaction to what just occurred. Over the side of the rock, he felt his breakfast return and his stomach clench in knots so tight that he was certain he severely hurt something. He hadn't had a vision with a reaction like that in quite some time and certainly not with such a volatile reaction, but he'd make due.

Somewhere in the distance a lioness as dark as the lioness he met the other day, Tala, was being drug kicking and screaming somewhere she did not want to go. It pained him to know such information as he had little capability to change her circumstances from where he was now.

nessiaing

hibi-tea

Aged Lunatic

15,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150

nessiaing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:14 pm
Tala came around some rocks just in time to see Etoile upon a rock loose what must have been his breakfast. She rushed towards him her face full of worry. Twice she had come across the male and saw him less then at his best.

She came up beside him careful not to find step in any of the mess the grey lion had just made. "Are you alright" she asked him softly. Tala was an overly caring lion who would take care of just about anyone. She lifted her paw to touch the males head.

She was worried about him and wondered what his story was, there was clearly more to this lion then met the eye. Perhaps today would be the day she found out more about his story.

hibi-tea

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:55 pm
nessiaing

It took Etoile a moment to realize that there was a paw on his head and a familiar black coat standing over him. At first he thought it was possibly the black coat of the lioness he had just seen, but her eyes and her everything had been black as the night. So black, like a void that sucked the light from all around it within.

But the eyes starting back at him were not black as the night, but red like the the dying sun's sky and he recognized who was before him. It was Tala. She had her paw to his head, and she was tip-toeing around his breakfast and he was once again in a very embarrassing situation with this particular lioness.

He felt the pink twinge across his muzzle and ears once again and he tried to answer her question, "H-huh? OH, y-yeah. I'm ok. I'll be ok. I'm... I'm used to it."

hibi-tea

Aged Lunatic

15,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150

nessiaing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:07 pm
Tala clucked a little. The male was clearly not well. She worried perhaps he had caught some kind of sickness, she had had heard of some prides of lions that were plagued by sickness that weakened and killed their population. She resisted the urge to take a step away from him, if he was ill and contagious she would already have been exposed.

She sighed. "You are used to it?" she asked worry feeling her voice. "This is not something that you should be use to. You are not well. Can I do anything to make it better?" she hated not understanding.

hibi-tea

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:20 pm
nessiaing

Etoile blinked at little dumbfounded at Tala's reaction to him for a moment. She was quite concerned for him over something that he considered a relatively regular occurrence. He had not taken into the account the fact that Tala may not have had much contact with other Seers like himself. Although, at the same time there was at least 10 of his family members who were sighted within the pride so it never occurred to him that maybe they'd just missed each other entirely.

"You could talk to my father and ask him to make my sight go away, but he'd probably just try to hit on you," Etoile joked, before sighing for a moment. "Sorry, that was mean of me. I'm fine, I swear. This is just something that happens when I have a vision is all. Well, if they're very vivid anyway..."

He still did not think there was anything wrong with what he was explaining to her, or how he was explaining it. Hopefully she knew some inkling of what he spoke about otherwise she would be quite confused about what he was rambling about.

"It's nice to run into you again Miss Tala," He smiled.

hibi-tea

Aged Lunatic

15,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150

nessiaing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:48 pm
Slowly it began to dawn on Tala who Etoile was. She of course had known that there were some god and mortal children in the pride and now that she took a good look at Etoile she could see that he did in fact resemble a litter she had known to be born to a god and a mortal mother here in the pride. Suddenly things started making more sense.

"Well if I am going to be honest Etoile, I was looking for you." she wasn't really sure why she would seek out the male again their interaction had been a fairly small one but she had felt drawn to him ever since.

"Are you alright now?" she asked he seemed to not even bat an eye at his being sick. "Feeling up to a stroll?"

hibi-tea

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:46 am
nessiaing

"Me?" He wondered allowed, starring at her for a brief moment with his light, mist colored eyes. "I'm not that interesting."

He laughed for a moment before turning over and rising up off the rock he was absently lounging on minutes before. His legs wobbled a little from the residual tension of the vision he had, but he was able to stretch himself out and work out all the pent up energy or weakness within them. Shaking out his mane for a moment, he looked back to the dark female who sought out his company and smiled.

"I'm ok now, or I should be at least. It's been awhile since that happened," He explained, scratching behind his ear, "Not quite as used to it anymore. But I should be ok to go for a walk. Was there something you wanted to talk about? I didn't offend you or anything last time, did I?"

hibi-tea

Aged Lunatic

15,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150

nessiaing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:39 am
"Offend me? Of course not." Tala said as they began to walk away from the rock the male had been perched on. She was strolling at a slow pace excited to have someone to spend her afternoon with.

"To be honest, I enjoyed our brief meeting the other day, and your company." Tala didn't have a lot of friends and she had a hard time trusting others, so it was hard for her to admit that she wanted to be around this male.

"I uh I guess you could say I am lonely." she admit, she looked at him vulnerability in her eyes. She hoped the male was open to at least a friendship with her, she wasn't sure she would take a let down well.

hibi-tea

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:35 pm
nessiaing

"Oh good," He began, sounding as if he was simply happy that he hadn't offended her in their last encounter, "I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like that."

Tala probably had not expected the male to be so forth coming about his own feelings of loneliness, but he definitely felt them every which way. He had been so happy to be back in their pride, but now it was dawning on him how alone he actually was. His father had not visited in some time, and while he knew his siblings they were no longer the same brother's he had before he left. They were different now; he was different now.

"Is it because your kids are grown?" Etoile asked, looking back at her with a smile.

He knew a lot of people who had children, even when he was in the Rogue Lands. They all had similar stories in regards to it. Their children were now their own lions, leopards, what-have-you and there was just no place for babying them anymore. They were capable for themselves and it was time to move on. Of course, he had also seen the other side of that spectrum where some simply were not capable to be by themselves and so a parent was ever present.

Of course, Etoile wouldn't guess that some of Tala's loneliness was do to the circumstances surrounding her children and what took place afterwards. While he had heard things about that, it wasn't something that stuck with him, nor was it something he would ever attribute to being her fault in the first place. She is her own lion, and what another lion does reflects in no way on her to him. That's how he's always felt about situations, especially with the Rogue Lands being as they are. You can't assume every situation is the same situation.

hibi-tea

Aged Lunatic

15,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150

nessiaing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:25 pm
Tala had a throughtful smile on her face, "I suppose it is because my kids and my grand kids now, are all grown up." she told the male. She had done her job well she had raised her litter all on her own and her cubs had all been good cubs. When one of her sons had his own litter she helped there as much as she could too.

"I lived my life for my children never for myself, and now they have all grown up some are no longer even here." she said with a sad smile. She knew she would likely never leave the pride this was the first home she had ever had and she couldn't imagine being anywhere else.

"I suppose I never bothered to make myself a relationship that was just for me." she said turning to look at the male again.

hibi-tea

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:57 pm
nessiaing

"Well, you are now, right? It's never too late," Etoile answered, walking up next to the dark lioness and offering her another smile. "So where do you want to walk to? There's still parts of the new lands I haven't seen yet."

As much as Etoile like to wander, there were areas he'd come across that he wasn't willing to wander alone. They gave him uneasy feelings, or he was concerned he'd get lost or injured and no one would be able to find him. Perhaps in Tala's company he go could exploring them. At least then he'd have someone who could help him or run back for help if anything ever happened.

"I don't know if any of my brothers or sisters have made mom a grandma, yet. I'm pretty sure none of us younger ones have. I haven't at least," Etoile said with a bit of an embarrassed smile.

hibi-tea

Aged Lunatic

15,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150

nessiaing

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:06 pm
Tala smiled, "I am sure it will only be a matter of time before one of you makes her a grandma, these things seem to happen when you least expect." at this time she was thankful for her black pelt and the fact that no one could tell she was blushing up something fierce.

"Why don't we just see where our feet take us. Perhaps we can go up the mountain a ways. I always like it up there." she said. She was happy to spend more time with the male. She began to lead the way up the mountain side.  
[IC] Jini-msemi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games