Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Crypt of Creepy Creatures

Back to Guilds

Charitable Creeps and things that go bump in the night. 

Tags: creepy, creatures, charity, gifts, horror 

Reply Creepy (and Non-Creepy) Interests!
Creepy (and non-creepy) Movie Recommendations! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mr Amazing CreepShow

Vice Captain

Feline Seeker

5,900 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:09 am
Hollywood has been putting out so much crap lately that you have to sort through it to find the gems.

Have you seen a movie that was actually worth it?

Is there an older film that you would love to recommend/discuss with the other members?

Current movie interests or loves?

Movie reviews?

Lists of films you enjoy?

On the opposite side: Any crap movies you don't recommend? Why?

Crappy movie reviews?

Crap movie lists?

*Please note that not all of us have the same tastes in movies, so even if you do not agree with what a user has to say...be respectful to each other.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:38 am
Well, I will start it off with a crap movie. I won't go in to a lot of detail just in case people want to see it.

Curse of Chucky.

Plot: Chucky is delivered to a family that has ties to his past.

I must admit I was pretty excited to see this...and then horribly disappointed that they ruined everything about Charles Lee Ray.

The scenes just dragged on so long. I found myself thinking: Would something just please happen or Could Chucky just kill someone already. I understand that atmosphere and tension are important to a horror movie, but there is a thin line between that and boredom. This film crosses it repeatedly.

The acting is so awful. A lot of the drama is pointless, character reactions are weird, and conversations are pointless to the plot. Actually, what made everything worse: I didn't give a crap about any of these characters. When Chucky starts his slaughter I was glad for it.

The gore factor is crap. Each "kill" in a slasher type flick should be memorable...these are not.

There also wasn't enough Chucky/Child interaction in this. The first two movies did an awesome job of establishing a relationship between Chucky and Andy...this one- you get absolutely nothing.

The part of the film that made me so angry: Charles Lee Ray completely out of character. How can you do this to a crazy serial killer?! He killed his own girlfriend without hesitation in Bride of Chucky and suddenly you want to make him a bleeding heart? No. And no again.

And the “special appearances” weren't that special…at all.

I must add that I feel that the first two films in the Child's Play series were great. They took a goofy voodoo killer doll idea and made it a gem. The third film was okay and Bride of Chucky is a guilty pleasure. Seed of Chucky is another awful, awful film...but still better than this crap Curse of Chucky.

So what are your thoughts? Anybody a fan of these? You hate them?  

THE Red Corpse

Captain

Unholy of Hearts

46,225 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Abomination 100

Dearest Dewdrop

Shy Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:59 am
THE Red Corpse
Well, I will start it off with a crap movie. I won't go in to a lot of detail just in case people want to see it.

Curse of Chucky.

Plot: Chucky is delivered to a family that has ties to his past.

I must admit I was pretty excited to see this...and then horribly disappointed that they ruined everything about Charles Lee Ray.

The scenes just dragged on so long. I found myself thinking: Would something just please happen or Could Chucky just kill someone already. I understand that atmosphere and tension are important to a horror movie, but there is a thin line between that and boredom. This film crosses it repeatedly.

The acting is so awful. A lot of the drama is pointless, character reactions are weird, and conversations are pointless to the plot. Actually, what made everything worse: I didn't give a crap about any of these characters. When Chucky starts his slaughter I was glad for it.

The gore factor is crap. Each "kill" in a slasher type flick should be memorable...these are not.

There also wasn't enough Chucky/Child interaction in this. The first two movies did an awesome job of establishing a relationship between Chucky and Andy...this one- you get absolutely nothing.

The part of the film that made me so angry: Charles Lee Ray completely out of character. How can you do this to a crazy serial killer?! He killed his own girlfriend without hesitation in Bride of Chucky and suddenly you want to make him a bleeding heart? No. And no again.

And the “special appearances” weren't that special…at all.

I must add that I feel that the first two films in the Child's Play series were great. They took a goofy voodoo killer doll idea and made it a gem. The third film was okay and Bride of Chucky is a guilty pleasure. Seed of Chucky is another awful, awful film...but still better than this crap Curse of Chucky.

So what are your thoughts? Anybody a fan of these? You hate them?

I definitely agree with you on this. After I seen the seed of chucky I had my fill because I knew it was going down hill from there. My favorite has definitely got to be the first one (the first movies are always the best).

I also enjoy the movie dolls lol and the movie it by Steven kings heart

Have you ever seen either of those?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:05 am
Fallen Angels Do Cry

I've seen IT like a million times. It pulls together two things I don't like: clowns and spiders. The book was scarier tho.

Yeah Dolls is good. I love a lot of those weird 1980s films.

The full movie of Dolls is on YouTube.  

THE Red Corpse

Captain

Unholy of Hearts

46,225 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Abomination 100

Dearest Dewdrop

Shy Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:10 am
THE Red Corpse
Fallen Angels Do Cry

I've seen IT like a million times. It pulls together two things I don't like: clowns and spiders. The book was scarier tho.

Yeah Dolls is good. I love a lot of those weird 1980s films.

The full movie of Dolls is on YouTube.

Asdfghjkl that's awesome heart

O: when I went to out I looked beside it and seen ginger snaps OMG I FREWAKING LOVE THAT MOVIE!! How could I forget about that movie I was always watching it back when I was in highschool emotion_facepalm

Yeah I lobe the movie dolls it creeper me out and I normally don't get creeper/scared of any type of horror movie lol.

I do the same thing with IT lol that movie was the most awesomeness movie I ever watched back when I was a kid, it scared me so good I had to keep watching it over and over and over lol  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:14 am
Fallen Angels Do Cry

Stephen King's Carrie (the original movie) was grand too. It's been re-made to death now.  

THE Red Corpse

Captain

Unholy of Hearts

46,225 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Abomination 100

Dearest Dewdrop

Shy Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:20 am
THE Red Corpse
Fallen Angels Do Cry

Stephen King's Carrie (the original movie) was grand too. It's been re-made to death now.

Ohh man yes ik what you mean :/

I love the original but they need to just stop butchering it with all the remakes and crap :c

The Texas chain saw massacre and Friday the thirteenth are pretty good as well.
I liked Jason but they made to many off the movies, the original was the best imo.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:31 am
Fallen Angels Do Cry
THE Red Corpse
Fallen Angels Do Cry

I love the original but they need to just stop butchering it with all the remakes and crap :c

I liked Jason but they made to many off the movies, the original was the best imo.

I actually love Jason Takes Manhattan. I really enjoy that comedy/horror combination.

The remake of Friday the 13th is crap.  

THE Red Corpse

Captain

Unholy of Hearts

46,225 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Abomination 100

Dearest Dewdrop

Shy Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:38 am
THE Red Corpse
Fallen Angels Do Cry
THE Red Corpse
Fallen Angels Do Cry

I actually love Jason Takes Manhattan. I really enjoy that comedy/horror combination.

I've never seen that one. Would you recommend watching it?

I agree with you on that 3nodding

Sleepy hollow was pretty good as well n.n

I also like day of the dead  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:49 am
Fallen Angels Do Cry
THE Red Corpse
Fallen Angels Do Cry
THE Red Corpse
Fallen Angels Do Cry

I think Jason Takes Manhattan is worth a watch. smile

I pretty much like everything from George A. Romero and Tim Burton. There's exceptions in there, but overall it's good.  

THE Red Corpse

Captain

Unholy of Hearts

46,225 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Abomination 100

Dearest Dewdrop

Shy Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:54 am
THE Red Corpse
Fallen Angels Do Cry
THE Red Corpse
Fallen Angels Do Cry
THE Red Corpse
Fallen Angels Do Cry

I think Jason Takes Manhattan is worth a watch. smile

I pretty much like everything from George A. Romero and Tim Burton. There's exceptions in there, but overall it's good.

Ok I'll take your word for it, we have a similar interests in horror movies, so more than likely I will like it.

Yeah I know what you mean lol

My favorite directors are Steven King, and Tim Burton, they've made some pretty decent horror films 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:10 am
Fallen Angels Do Cry

Stephen King didn't direct the films, he just wrote them. wink  

THE Red Corpse

Captain

Unholy of Hearts

46,225 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Abomination 100

Dearest Dewdrop

Shy Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:09 am
THE Red Corpse
Fallen Angels Do Cry

Stephen King didn't direct the films, he just wrote them. wink

Haha you know what I meant whee  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:33 am
I personally as an all time favorite would have to be Queen of the damned. I just love it every time I watch it.

I also around Halloween time, I have this thing where I have to watch all the Ginger Snaps movies xD  

Akina Vayne Heartless

Demonic Bloodsucker

10,500 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Party Member 100

Keen Incisions
Vice Captain

Lupine Hellraiser

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:11 pm
Akina Vayne Heartless
I personally as an all time favorite would have to be Queen of the damned. I just love it every time I watch it.

I also around Halloween time, I have this thing where I have to watch all the Ginger Snaps movies xD

gonk
I want to scratch my eyes out every time I see Queen of the Damned.
Th soundtrack to the movie is amazing but they pretty much took a dump on the source material.

Ginger Snaps is a classic though. <3  
Creepy (and Non-Creepy) Interests!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces