Submit

Hiacinth

Feral Fatcat

18,875 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:03 am
Looks like this forum is relevant again! Hi all! *don't let the cheeriness fool you, i'm dying on the inside after that last update*

Anyone wanna rehash what happened in this one?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:29 am
I WAS SO UPSET.

I didn't think I would care, but I did. And I still do care! I just want things to be alright in the end for our heroes. I'm a little better, but still in disbelief. People have said it was a doomed timeline, like.. please.

A little rehash, huh? All I could think of was this tumblr post:
-
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
-

Edit: feeling a lot better after reading theories. Its gives me hope.  

Asexual Axolotl

OG GO

Condescending Cuttlefish

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:08 pm
I saw the upd8 late last night with my boyfriend next to me. While I was happy with some parts, I was in tears over the others.
Spoilers will be whited out, a la Doc Scratch, if any.

There is a theory that this is all just a doomed timeline and once there's another update, none of this would have really happened. While it's a good theory and there are past pesterlogs to support it, I'm still freaking out.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:32 pm
I'm freaking out as well, but all the theories on it being a doomed timeline are also giving me something to focus on.

Then again, wasn't Aranea bragging about being able to heal a broken timeline? IF she can et out of the Condesce's grip, which I'm kinda sure she can, because I found a pester log in which she tells us she can't die as long as she has the ring on her finger. So A) she's still alive and B) she can heal a broken timeline, which everyone is sure this is, and make it the alpha one. So I'm nervous all over again.

Hiacinth

Feral Fatcat

18,875 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200

Asexual Axolotl

OG GO

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:54 am
Hiacinth
I'm freaking out as well, but all the theories on it being a doomed timeline are also giving me something to focus on.

Then again, wasn't Aranea bragging about being able to heal a broken timeline? IF she can et out of the Condesce's grip, which I'm kinda sure she can, because I found a pester log in which she tells us she can't die as long as she has the ring on her finger. So A) she's still alive and B) she can heal a broken timeline, which everyone is sure this is, and make it the alpha one. So I'm nervous all over again.

AND... NOPE.

Doomed timelines are weird. They're events that aren't meant to happen, but still somehow effect the main timeline in someway. If it is doomed, the question is, how far back are we talking? And who, or what, is going back to the alpha timeline?

I think Caliborn would be the one to go back. Like, just before his a** got kicked. And John did appeared to Caliborn before everyone started dying. If not Caliborn, someone else. It is possible for non-time players to pull some time shenanigans- timetables being a thing and all. Or perhaps a new creative way all together?

People are saying John be the one to do so. I'm not doubting it, but I don't really see what he can do at this point because he keeps disappearing and reappearing at different moments without his will. Unless he learns to control it, he's going to have a hard time helping his friends.

Also, where will that ring end up? People are implying she has it on her possession, but I like to think she just tossed it aside.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:54 pm
Scythe and Stitches
Hiacinth

AND... NOPE.

Doomed timelines are weird. They're events that aren't meant to happen, but still somehow effect the main timeline in someway. If it is doomed, the question is, how far back are we talking? And who, or what, is going back to the alpha timeline?

I think Caliborn would be the one to go back. Like, just before his a** got kicked. And John did appeared to Caliborn before everyone started dying. If not Caliborn, someone else. It is possible for non-time players to pull some time shenanigans- timetables being a thing and all. Or perhaps a new creative way all together?

People are saying John be the one to do so. I'm not doubting it, but I don't really see what he can do at this point because he keeps disappearing and reappearing at different moments without his will. Unless he learns to control it, he's going to have a hard time helping his friends.

Also, where will that ring end up? People are implying she has it on her possession, but I like to think she just tossed it aside.

Yep cat_xd My theory went by the wayside.

The question of how far back is one I hadn't even considered. I just took it for granted that it would go back to where Aranea entered things with the Ring of Life. But, as some people pointed out on Tumblr, she was probably manipulating things even farther back than that to ensure she wound up with the ring in the first place!

Caliborn as the one to bring us back to the alpha timeline makes some sense. We haven't seen him do anything with his time powers yet though. John really doesn't have any control over this stuff. TBH, I'm not sure how Vriska had planned on using the zappy artifact treasure thing to do anything anyway. Where the hell did that thing even come from? My friend group on Skype seems to be convinced Aradia has something up her sleeve. Last she was seen, she was hanging out on the roof where Meenah was braiding Vriska's hair. Plausible.

Everytime John zaps in and interferes with the people in the alpha timeline, he messes it up and it becomes doomed. So I'm thinking he might wind up zapping back and stopping himself from punching Caliborn? Don't see how that will effect the other stuff happening on LoFaF though.

I'm confused as to why people seem to thing that because the glitching came back, it automatically means we are in the alpha timeline? Seems to me that all doomed timelines that are offshoots from after the glitching first began would have some glitching in them. Plus, the glitch effects were happening sporadically since they first began.

Hiacinth

Feral Fatcat

18,875 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200

Asexual Axolotl

OG GO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:09 pm
Hiacinth
Scythe and Stitches
Hiacinth

AND... NOPE.

Yep cat_xd My theory went by the wayside.

The question of how far back is one I hadn't even considered. I just took it for granted that it would go back to where Aranea entered things with the Ring of Life. But, as some people pointed out on Tumblr, she was probably manipulating things even farther back than that to ensure she wound up with the ring in the first place!

Caliborn as the one to bring us back to the alpha timeline makes some sense. We haven't seen him do anything with his time powers yet though. John really doesn't have any control over this stuff. TBH, I'm not sure how Vriska had planned on using the zappy artifact treasure thing to do anything anyway. Where the hell did that thing even come from? My friend group on Skype seems to be convinced Aradia has something up her sleeve. Last she was seen, she was hanging out on the roof where Meenah was braiding Vriska's hair. Plausible.

Everytime John zaps in and interferes with the people in the alpha timeline, he messes it up and it becomes doomed. So I'm thinking he might wind up zapping back and stopping himself from punching Caliborn? Don't see how that will effect the other stuff happening on LoFaF though.

I'm confused as to why people seem to thing that because the glitching came back, it automatically means we are in the alpha timeline? Seems to me that all doomed timelines that are offshoots from after the glitching first began would have some glitching in them. Plus, the glitch effects were happening sporadically since they first began.

I'm going to focus on your last paragraph first.

OK, whoa, John stopping himself from fighting Caliborn makes a lot sense! As for glitched John.. yeah, I see how people would come to the conclusion of it being the alpha timeline. The reason for that is because your right that John only appears in the alpha timeline. But that doesn't make doomed if he interferes in them as stated on this page. After that happened, some pages later, we see him stopping himself from messing up the alpha ALPHA timeline. And that's why him stopping himself from fighting Caliborn makes sense to me. Its obvious now that John learns how to control his zappy powers in the future.

As for Aranea, that makes sense- trying to get the life ring from the beginning. And perhaps it was meant fall into her hands anyway, because what she's doing now is/will be important to the plot. She knows a lot of the past and possible future, but I think it would ironic if she had a hand in LE being overpowered. But that's just a theory.

I believe that if they do go back to just before Karkat rushed at Gamzee, that Gamzee would do something different (knowing it was the alpha timeline). Like, I hate Gamzee.. but I want to see some good in him- I don't believe he would kill Kar unless he knew it wouldn't matter. Wishful thinking? Probably. And as for Aranea.. I wonder if she would she suffer the same fate by the hands of Condy? But that's only if they do go back- its possible this timeline could carry on.

And I totes agree that treasure seems p useless atm. There are so many things that could defeat LE at this point and yet no one knows how to go about it. Vriska explains that the treasure has to be near LE to work, but she doesn't know what it'll do or how they'll get it near him. OR if they're going to continue to carry out the plan at all. And I believe Aradia to be harmless. She has no reason to be evil, I dunno. I wouldn't mind see theories, though!

That being said, I can't wait for the next update when my theories get thrown out the window.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:16 pm
Scythe and Stitches

OK, whoa, John stopping himself from fighting Caliborn makes a lot sense! As for glitched John.. yeah, I see how people would come to the conclusion of it being the alpha timeline. The reason for that is because your right that John only appears in the alpha timeline. But that doesn't make doomed if he interferes in them as stated on this page. After that happened, some pages later, we see him stopping himself from messing up the alpha ALPHA timeline. And that's why him stopping himself from fighting Caliborn makes sense to me. Its obvious now that John learns how to control his zappy powers in the future.

As for Aranea, that makes sense- trying to get the life ring from the beginning. And perhaps it was meant fall into her hands anyway, because what she's doing now is/will be important to the plot. She knows a lot of the past and possible future, but I think it would ironic if she had a hand in LE being overpowered. But that's just a theory.

I believe that if they do go back to just before Karkat rushed at Gamzee, that Gamzee would do something different (knowing it was the alpha timeline). Like, I hate Gamzee.. but I want to see some good in him- I don't believe he would kill Kar unless he knew it wouldn't matter. Wishful thinking? Probably. And as for Aranea.. I wonder if she would she suffer the same fate by the hands of Condy? But that's only if they do go back- its possible this timeline could carry on.

And I totes agree that treasure seems p useless atm. There are so many things that could defeat LE at this point and yet no one knows how to go about it. Vriska explains that the treasure has to be near LE to work, but she doesn't know what it'll do or how they'll get it near him. OR if they're going to continue to carry out the plan at all. And I believe Aradia to be harmless. She has no reason to be evil, I dunno. I wouldn't mind see theories, though!

That being said, I can't wait for the next update when my theories get thrown out the window.

Thank you for posting that specific link! You just cleared up hella stuff and made way FOR A BRAND NEW THEORY!!!
OK SO: I followed the link to the comic for a few panels, all the way to this specific page. DO YOU SEE WHAT I SEE??? John turns into wind and freaking BLOWS THE CARTRIDGE CLEAN. That's why the pages stop glitching after that page in the story!!!! SOOOOOO...well, I'm not exactly clear on what that means cause school just started back up after fall break and I'm tired and really need to go to bed. But from what I'm seeing, after that the glitching doesn't turn back up until the last update Hussie posted at the end of the day on 10-25-14. Also, at this point in time, there are TWO John's in play. We have no idea which John just turned up at the scene of the ruined planets and dead friends saying wtf just happened here??? idk, but this one doesn't seem like he just came from pummeling Caliborn to me. THAT John would have appeared with his legs in the kneeling position and his fists raised. Not to mention, he'd be covered in Caliborn's red blood. The John that just appeared on the last page is completely clean! But no one knows why. Until now!!!! Thank you sooooo much!

I really wanna go into all the other stuff you were talking about, but I'm dead tired so I will get back to you later. You wanna continue theorizing and fangirling over pm? I like hashing out theories with you :3

Hiacinth

Feral Fatcat

18,875 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200

Asexual Axolotl

OG GO

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:23 pm
Hiacinth
Scythe and Stitches

Thank you for posting that specific link! You just cleared up hella stuff and made way FOR A BRAND NEW THEORY!!!
OK SO: I followed the link to the comic for a few panels, all the way to this specific page. DO YOU SEE WHAT I SEE??? John turns into wind and freaking BLOWS THE CARTRIDGE CLEAN. That's why the pages stop glitching after that page in the story!!!! SOOOOOO...well, I'm not exactly clear on what that means cause school just started back up after fall break and I'm tired and really need to go to bed. But from what I'm seeing, after that the glitching doesn't turn back up until the last update Hussie posted at the end of the day on 10-25-14. Also, at this point in time, there are TWO John's in play. We have no idea which John just turned up at the scene of the ruined planets and dead friends saying wtf just happened here??? idk, but this one doesn't seem like he just came from pummeling Caliborn to me. THAT John would have appeared with his legs in the kneeling position and his fists raised. Not to mention, he'd be covered in Caliborn's red blood. The John that just appeared on the last page is completely clean! But no one knows why. Until now!!!! Thank you sooooo much!

I really wanna go into all the other stuff you were talking about, but I'm dead tired so I will get back to you later. You wanna continue theorizing and fangirling over pm? I like hashing out theories with you :3

Bit of a late replay, sorry.

Ah, I'd like to hear what you have mind. I vaguely remember that upd8.. it was talked about, but the main focus was Jane and Jake's relationship was at that point. John did the windy thing yeah, but I don't really remember what the significance of it was either. I just thought it was John clearing the pages as he passed by them at the time. I might look into it, so I'll get back to you on that. I was also expecting the glitches to come back once it updated, but that doesn't seem to be the case. But we know it's still happening and only in some places. This John just might be near one of those places.

My bets are on that this John is also the one who beat up Caliborn, though. While it would make sense for that John to pop up somewhere and look like he was about the beat up the ground.. the pose he makes before he zaps doesn't matter- because the zaps have him standing by default, just like all the times when you look back. I'm not sure about the blood, though. It could be that the zap cleaned him off or just a detail that was overlooked on Hussie's part.

Sure! I'll shoot you a PM and we can chat more then.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:02 pm
I too, was really upset about the update (I may or may not cried a few times), though at the same time, I really wonder what is going to happen next. I am really excited, actually, to see what comes next!

//I'm sorry, I don't know how to really contribute to this chat yet ;~; //  

The-AppleJuice-Butler

Demonic Explorer

3,250 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
> UPD8 Gushing

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers